4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

Love this! Might be better than Mineralize Skinfinish natural but I like both anyways. Sets my foundation well and shine free. I am somewhat a NC 42/NC 40 but i would probably try Medium dark next just for comparison.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

2.0

6 years ago

Didn't work for me. I typically use a transculent powder for oil control, but I love the MAC Studio Fix Pressed Powder (NW44) so I gave it a try. It didn't control my oil at all. I will say it doesn't look cakey, and if applied lightly doesn't look ashy either. But as far as keeping oil at bay it was a dud. I returned it.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

Age

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Other

3.0

6 years ago

I don't really find this blot powder very good for oil control, but it's one I come back to time and time again so it must have something going for it! Firstly, even though it's virtually transparent in coverage, it's good to have the different shades available. I am NC43-ish and dark suits me perfectly, however medium-dark (which is what I was originally recommended) looked too light, even with the tiniest of applications. The finish looks gorgeous - it sets my makeup and fills in the pores on my nose, but after a few hours the shine really breaks through and I'd much rather blot with a paper than reapply, unless I'm busy and on the go. However, I love the compact, it's small and light enough to fit in any bag, especially small evening clutches. It's perfect for touch ups when you're on the go. The mirror is great, the only downside would be there's no separate compartment for the puff, so it gets quite dirty and oily (considering the nature of this product, you're applying it directly onto oily skin!), but to have a separate compartment would add bulk, so I can live with it. Overall, it's handy to have in your bag if you're a busy girl. You can swipe this stuff on and not worry about it looking cakey and obvious if you don't have time to buff it out. It's not the greatest for oil control in my opinion, but with a great compact size and good shades, I'll stick with it for a bit longer.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

3.0
from

7 years ago

I bought this powder to mattify my t-zone and keep it shine free. The first one I bought was completely broken on the day when I opened it so had to return it. Before careful with this powder as its rather delicate, I'm always afraid when I travel with it and don't keep it on my bag on daily basis as I'm quite rough with my bag. When you put it on it does the job, however you MUST re-apply if you want the effect to last. I have no time in the day to reapply so this powder isn't that useful to me. In terms of colour its translucent so doesn't get cakey and because its dark it doesn't give the ghostface effect that normal translucent powders give.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

7 years ago

great powder. ive finished three pans now and use it daily. really controls shine and grease on the face and handy to carry everywhere. matches my skin tone without looking chalky. couple of things to remember: -keep face clean and before re applying take a tissue and remove shine and then apply powder. much more effective and wont block pores or cause break outs. - use a face brush that u wash regulary and keep clean. ensure you carry your brush in a separate plastic wallet to avpid brish picking up dust and dirt from.the bottom.of your make up bag. this also keeps your blot powder pallet clean and bacteria free. - avoid using the puff provided in the powder. will end up transfering bacteria and oils into powder and back onto skin. this powder ia brilliant and have never looked back since using it nothing else on the market compares and im allergic to talc and this doesnt contain it. also the powder ia very mild on the skin from the ingrediants list. EDIT: 11th Marc - After discovering the Medium/Dark shade, Dark is not the right colour for me! Its too ashy and doesnt work at all well with the rest of my make up. Worth matching yourself than an artist you might find the right shade yourself! Happy with the Medium/Dark one.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

7 years ago

I've been using this for about 6 years .. It's part of my daily makeup routine- moisturize, prime, conceal, blot powder, finish with kryolan anti- shine on t-zone....then u have the perfect canvas for whatever else u use daily but my dark blot powder is key...I won't b w/o it!!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

8 years ago

I love this stuff. I havnt had a single breakout from using it and almost all makeup products break me out. Been using it for about 3 years and it does work. It doesn't provide any coverage and I have to reapply maybe every hour or so but it works. I use it with my Nars tinted moosturizer and alone. Does wonders for my super oily skin.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown

HairBrown

8 years ago

I don't mind this at all. I mean it does what it's suppose to do but I can't say I am in love with it. I know some people use a powder brush to apply this, I do too and it works fine for a few hours. I found the best way to actually apply this is to blot it on your face just like what the product says. I only usually have to use this once in 8 hrs as long as I have a good primer and blot the oil off my face first. I apply this right after and it just completely makes it matte until I have to take my makeup of for the evening, I'm sure there are better mattifying powders out there.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Dark

HairBlack

8 years ago

I love this powder. I didn't know it was a blot powder, I was just using it as a finishing powder since it has a small bit of color and I don't like heavy foundations to cover. It works wonderfully and does keep my skin from getting overly oily now that I think about it. Also it lasts forever. Will definitely repurchase. Edit: I forgot to mention, I'm NW40-something (42?) and although this and the medium-dark one are close, I still prefer dark.

About reviewer (132 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Cool

HairBrown, Kinky, Coarse

8 years ago

I have gone through so many of these! I swear by this product. My skin is fairly oily and this keeps my face shine-free for HOURS.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Cool