The Body Shop DROPS OF YOUTH Youth Liquid Peel

The Body Shop DROPS OF YOUTH Youth Liquid Peel

4.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua/Water/Eau, Alcohol Denat., Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Carbomer, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Palmitamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Quaternium-80, Parfum/Fragrance, Behentrimonium Chloride, Linalool, Citronellol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Isopropyl Alcohol, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Eryngium Maritimum Extract, Leontopodium Alpinum Callus Culture Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum.

on 10/15/2017 9:50:00 AM

I have used this But......I can see Nothing different to my skin. Maby Its better in the summer But in this cold..... naah.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product, it's magical, really! I apply it to myself, my mother and even my grandmother, so it goes for 3 generations! The skin feels immediately soft and brighter. The package is good to take little doses, so you don't waste too much product. It's not too expensive, so I'll definitely buy it again once it runs out.

on 6/2/2017 4:11:00 AM

Like what the other reviewers have commented, this is a gentle yet very effective peel. I have used it consistently for two weeks now and must say I am very impressed with this product from TBS. This liquid peel has made my skin improved so much in terms of brightness and smoothness. My combination skin is less clogged now. Just right after the first use I could see amazing difference in my skin. However its alcohol content is rather high but so far I have not experienced any kinds of skin irritation or sensitivity. I will definitely repurchase this product when it runs out. So glad to know this product through makeupalley reviewers! Thanks a million!

on 7/8/2017 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I find my skin needs more intensive cleansing in the summer and I thought I would give this a try. I've been using this as a cleanser once a day since I got it; because you massage it in and rinse off I can definitely use it far more often than masks or peel products with glycolic acids or AHA's that sit on your skin.

It's definitely the formulation that causes the product to ball up on your skin; the residue you get when massaging it in isn't just dead skin cells.

That being said, this makes my skin feel really clean, like super clean, in a unique way. Micellar water gives me sort of a damp hydrated clean feeling, and soapy cleansers give a squeaky clean feeling, and this makes me feel very clean without a tie each or squishy or dry feeling afterward. The packaging is not gorgeous but it does the job, and I'm guessing that I will get a couple of months use so the price point seems reasonable.

on 5/20/2017 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Bought this after reading all the previous raves in makeupalley.

My skin definitely loves this product and I've been using this for a couple of weeks now to give a reliable opinion. It has improved my skin ever since the first time. My skin used to have this bumpy texture even though I constantly exfoliate using konjac sponge. After using it only once, it gives my skin instantly this plump effect, my skin feels squeaky clean as if it's been in a spa treatment. And it gives it this dewy glowing skin, diminish ageing marks and overall just feels great.

The price is 25€ but one pump is enough for one application. I consider this to be more effective than exfoliation and even mud mask! As this does the trick in a couple of seconds, whereas mask would take 15 minutes of pampering.

I'm now planning to buy drops of youth essence lotion so that I can use it alongside the liquid peel.

Even though I've enjoyed using this so far, I still wouldn't buy this next time when this runs out. Their version of vitamin C liquid peel now interests me more since I'm always drawn to vitamin C skincare products (especially those by lumene), or better still if the body shop comes up with vitamin E liquid peel since I've been enjoying their vitamin E face cream very much.

on 9/11/2017 12:15:00 AM

The reason I am rating this product only 1/5 is because it is so difficult to remove after use. I have used it several times now and always the same problem.

Don't be fooled into believing that the "balling up" is dead skin cells but rather the compound from which it is made. It is a sticky, gel-like substance which sticks to the fine facial hairs and requires constant scrubbing to remove and even then it doesn't come off, even with the aid of The Body Shop Facial Buffer. I have had to resort to using one of those small battery-operated hair removers to cut the balls from the fine hairs on my face. I have made the mistake of using this product before applying foundation, which has ruined the foundation application, because if every bit of the gel substance isn't removed the foundation is uneven and patchy.

My daughter has used this liquid peel and is of the same opinion. If someone could advise how to remove it without scratching my skin to pieces I would be very appreciative. If I'm missing something, please tell me, as I would like to love this product as others apparently do.

On the plus side, when you eventually manage to remove all the sticky residue your skin does feel great, especially after applying the Drops of Youth Concentrate before moisturising. I will continue to use until it runs out but unfortunately will not repurchase.

love it! I didn't realize my skin was dull... today my foundation looked amazing :)

on 2/8/2017 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great product. You can literally see your dead skin plus makeup etc ball up under your fingertips and it leaves my skin with a nice glow. I use this with some of the other products in this line and I have to say I can really see an improvement in my skin after just a few days.

I felt like my skin was dull and my skin cannot take physical scrubs (like a microdermabrasion or apricot scrub). The SA at the Body Shop recommended I try this and gave me a sample to take home. I liked it so much I went back the next day to buy it, as it was gentle yet removed the dead skin. In combination with the serum and tonic lotion, this is a great peel and I would highly recommend. Overall, I love the Drops of Youth line!

on 3/27/2017 11:39:00 AM

I must say that I am a big fan of TBS products and when I saw that this one came out I was really excited to try it and had high expectations on the product. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT, I use it 2-3 times a week and since I started using it my skin feels clean and fresh; it works really well for clogged pores and to get rid of dry skin.

I really like the feeling when you apply the peel on your face; how little clumps form as you rub it in. I have been using it for about 1 month now and I have definitely seen an improvement in my skin.

After washing my face with the liquid peel I put on a good deep moisturizer and my face feels great. I really recommend this product.