The Body Shop DROPS OF YOUTH Youth Liquid Peel

The Body Shop DROPS OF YOUTH Youth Liquid Peel

3.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua/Water/Eau, Alcohol Denat., Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Carbomer, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Palmitamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Quaternium-80, Parfum/Fragrance, Behentrimonium Chloride, Linalool, Citronellol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Isopropyl Alcohol, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Eryngium Maritimum Extract, Leontopodium Alpinum Callus Culture Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum.

on 7/6/2018 7:14:00 PM

I agree with the previous reviewer, this product is way too sticky and it's hard to wash off. It does a nice job of exfoliation, so two lippies instead of just one. There's another peeling product by Peter Thomas Roth that's similar (and superior) to this one. The PTR costs more, but I'd recommend it over this one by The Body Shop.

When using this, I didn't see any added brightness or glow to my complexion that other reviewers have mentioned. It just swept off my excess dead skin cells and that was it. But it also made my face and hands feel all sticky and filmy. Just not worth the price tag in my opinion. Especially with all the other exfoliating products out there for us to choose from.

I didn't like this very much and I wouldn't buy it again.

on 6/15/2018 4:14:00 AM

Really disappointed with this product.....very sticky!! The product gets stuck in fine hairs on your face and it requires some force with a face wash to remove. Even after removing product it feels as though residue is still left on the face.

on 5/9/2018 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a real gem of a product to have in your bathroom for when you need your skin to look more clear and radiant ASAP. I'm kind of amazed how much this does (visually) for my skin in the short time the treatment is actually on my face. On me it balls up almost immediately when I start to work it into the skin, so I tend to dot it around the face and then work section by section. Once I've covered all of my face I just wash it right off. I don't think it's all that hard to remove like others have complained about - maybe it's because I don't let it sit on my skin for very long at all? I don't think you need to in order to get results. I do dermaplane my face semi-regularly, so I usually don't have all that much peach fuzz, but still - with a liberal amount of warm water it comes off pretty easily.

I don't use this too often (once a week at the very most), mostly because of the amount of alcohol denat it contains. The smell of alcohol is very, very intense and a bit unpleasant. I bought this on a whim after hearing great things about it, but I usually try to avoid alcohol denat in my skincare as much as I can. I think it's unfortunate that it's the second ingredient in this peel, though I'm no chemist - it might be necessary for the exfoliation to take place. Since alcohol is brightening, I can imagine that some of the instant radiance can be attributed to that.

I also want to address the claims/test results on their website, because they are a bit weird.
* "Instantly feels like dead skin cells are lifted" - feels like? That's not a result, that's a feeling that may very well be attributed to the product simulating the feeling of dead skin slouching off. It has no bearing on the actual results of the product.
* "Peels off impurities and pollutants" + "Skin feels cleansed from day’s pollution" - again, feels like. And does cleanse "day's pollution" even mean? If you're referring to washing the dirt that have accumulated on your skin during the day, the most basic bar of soap would do the same. Doesn't mean it's good for the skin.

Maybe I'm being nitpicky... Either way I'm on the fence about whether I'd repurchase this product. I do love the instant glow boost it provides, but I'm unsure about whether it has any long-time effect and iffy about the alcohol content.

+ Cruelty free
+ Vegan
+ Gives an instant radiance to the skin
+ Pores look clearer immediately after use

- Alcohol denat as second ingredient
- Not sure how much it does for my skin in the long run

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this every single night because it really helps fight my breakouts even though I know its a exfoliator and shouldn't be used every day. I like it for what it does to my oily acne-prone skin, but it is super hard to get it off the face! When it sits, it sits. I can almost not get everything off no matter what I do. Thats my big problem with this. It has a nice smell and a little goes a long way with this. Not sure if I would buy again though.

on 11/25/2017 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I gave this 4 lippies because I am not a fan of this products application. I got this first as a sample and dreaded using it. The peel doesn't bunch up for me, so I needed to go back with an exfoliator to really clean the peel off my face, or little sticky marks will stay on your face.

That being said, I realized my skin looked gorgeous after using this product. Despite the hassle, I feel that my skin looks so healthy and dewy without makeup. With makeup, this creates a great base.

on 10/15/2017 9:50:00 AM

I have used this But......I can see Nothing different to my skin. Maby Its better in the summer But in this cold..... naah.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product, it's magical, really! I apply it to myself, my mother and even my grandmother, so it goes for 3 generations! The skin feels immediately soft and brighter. The package is good to take little doses, so you don't waste too much product. It's not too expensive, so I'll definitely buy it again once it runs out.

on 9/11/2017 12:15:00 AM

The reason I am rating this product only 1/5 is because it is so difficult to remove after use. I have used it several times now and always the same problem.

Don't be fooled into believing that the "balling up" is dead skin cells but rather the compound from which it is made. It is a sticky, gel-like substance which sticks to the fine facial hairs and requires constant scrubbing to remove and even then it doesn't come off, even with the aid of The Body Shop Facial Buffer. I have had to resort to using one of those small battery-operated hair removers to cut the balls from the fine hairs on my face. I have made the mistake of using this product before applying foundation, which has ruined the foundation application, because if every bit of the gel substance isn't removed the foundation is uneven and patchy.

My daughter has used this liquid peel and is of the same opinion. If someone could advise how to remove it without scratching my skin to pieces I would be very appreciative. If I'm missing something, please tell me, as I would like to love this product as others apparently do.

On the plus side, when you eventually manage to remove all the sticky residue your skin does feel great, especially after applying the Drops of Youth Concentrate before moisturising. I will continue to use until it runs out but unfortunately will not repurchase.

on 7/8/2017 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I find my skin needs more intensive cleansing in the summer and I thought I would give this a try. I've been using this as a cleanser once a day since I got it; because you massage it in and rinse off I can definitely use it far more often than masks or peel products with glycolic acids or AHA's that sit on your skin.

It's definitely the formulation that causes the product to ball up on your skin; the residue you get when massaging it in isn't just dead skin cells.

That being said, this makes my skin feel really clean, like super clean, in a unique way. Micellar water gives me sort of a damp hydrated clean feeling, and soapy cleansers give a squeaky clean feeling, and this makes me feel very clean without a tie each or squishy or dry feeling afterward. The packaging is not gorgeous but it does the job, and I'm guessing that I will get a couple of months use so the price point seems reasonable.

on 6/2/2017 4:11:00 AM

Like what the other reviewers have commented, this is a gentle yet very effective peel. I have used it consistently for two weeks now and must say I am very impressed with this product from TBS. This liquid peel has made my skin improved so much in terms of brightness and smoothness. My combination skin is less clogged now. Just right after the first use I could see amazing difference in my skin. However its alcohol content is rather high but so far I have not experienced any kinds of skin irritation or sensitivity. I will definitely repurchase this product when it runs out. So glad to know this product through makeupalley reviewers! Thanks a million!