wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

on 12/11/2018 3:42:00 PM

I'm actually super impressed with this foundation. For $8 CAD, it's the most affordable foundation at the drugstore, and might actually be my new fav! I love the Wet n Wild powder highlighters so much, I thought I'd try out some of their other products. So glad I did!

The foundation does have a bit of a paint-like smell, only really noticeable if you're wafting the bottle under your nose lol. I love that it has different undertone options, and that the undertone is stated right on the bottle. I got the Rose Ivory one, with a cool undertone, and it is PERFECT. I was using the Nyx Can't Stop Won't Stop, but I find it's a little drying for the winter months, and I ended up buying the wrong undertone because it doesn't say on the bottle :( The shade is perfect and this is the FIRST TIME I've ever had a truly matching undertone in my foundation. So happy!

The Photo Focus foundation from Wet n Wild has a great consistency, not too thick so it's easy to blend around your face with just a little! The paddle is weird and probably not the most hygienic, but it doesn't really bother me. It's easy enough to transfer from the paddle to a sponge instead of directly on your face.

The foundation applies nicely, sets nicely, and still looks great at the end of my work day. It seems to play well with my fav skincare products, primers, and makeup products. No complaints from me!

When I had this product I thought I was going to have that look I've been looking for. But it was always so streaky and never set properly and very oily.. To be honest I also found it smelled like paint? I'm not sure if anyone else finds that, but it really smelled like paint to me.

on 10/28/2018 2:28:00 PM

I hate this. I have combination skin and during midday I get a little shine on my T zone, usually, but with this one I got oily all over my face. I don't care about the smell (is not bad) but the coverage is bad. When I first apply it it looks ok, all matte and nice but it emphasize my pores, actually it gathers into the pores and after one hour or two, the pore is the only one that has foundation in it! Other than that, the foundation from my T zone is gone. All I have is a slick appearence and some foundation on the contour of my face (mostly on my cheeks and chin). And what stays on my face is cakey.

I tried to apply it with a damp sponge, a dry one, foundation brush, with my fingers, with or without primer, I used setting powder and I got the same crappy result.

I bought it as a result of the highly appreciation that I saw online but now I wonder if those are really true or sponsored. I find it strange that this is so bad on my skin while I can use almost all kinds of foundation without any problem.

I will definitely not repurchase!

on 10/28/2018 12:01:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Did not work for me. Too drying and cakey looking as well as by the end of the day half of it is off my face even after setting it, Not enough coverage and it definitely streaks when applied with a brush

on 10/21/2018 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I am writing this review as I just finished the last drop of my Photo Focus foundation this morning and suddenly realized I cannot not have it! I very rarely ever finish an entire bottle of a liquid foundation, most of them expire and, sadly, have to go... This one was an exception. Definitely repurchasing it tomorrow.

It is a medium coverage foundation, buildable to full, in my opinion. Blends very easily with both a brush and a sponge. It gives me the nicest blurring effect, the skin looks nearly airbrushed after I finish my makeup. It is not dewy, nor very matt, something in the middle, just like I prefer (I have combination skin, normal on good days). Its long lasting power is another huge plus.

It's a really beautiful foundation and I could see it working on different skin types and for people with different makeup preferences. It's definitely worth trying for the price.

on 10/20/2018 7:44:00 PM

Oh. My. Goodness. This drugstore foundation definitely puts some of the high-end brands a run for their money! Wet-N-Wild did not come to play when they made this product. This foundation is medium-full coverage, it is long lasting, very lightweight, and extremely easy to blend out. Personally, I found that it was easier to blend this out with a brush rather then a beauty sponge as it is a little on the runny side and the sponge soaked up most of the product. This foundations comes in very many shades, I’m sure that you will be able to find your perfect match if you want to try this for yourself. The one and ONLY thing that i did not like about this was the packaging. Im not really sure what they were trying to do with the spatula thingy but if this had a pump it would be even more amazing then it already is. This foundation is only $5 and you can not tell one bit that it is that cheap once it is on your face. When i tried this out and people asked me what foundation i was wearing they did not believe me when i told them that it was Wet-N-Wild. Please go out and try this, i guarantee you will love it just as much if not more than i do!!!!!!!!!

I absolutely love this foundation. Foundation in my opinion is the most personal preference product, so obviously this might not work as well as it does for me for everyone, but for my normal to oily combination skin (normal cheeks and super oily tzone) this is my favorite foundation I own, and I own some very expensive ones. I don't have dry skin but I don't know why anyone with dry skin would buy a foundation that is described as matte and then have sad face when it clings to dry patches (for dry girls I've heard great things about their cushion foundation as a dewier option, but I've never tried it because I already know it wont work for my skin type). I've always bought high end foundations, but I've seen so many youtubers raving about this one that I was curious. I was at Walgreens and there was a sale on wet n wild to where the already ridiculously cheap photo focus foundation was reduced to 3.99 (seriously), so I grabbed two shades on a whim thinking what the heck. Can I just say that I was SHOOK. I think this finish is perfect for skin like mine because not as flat and lifeless as full on matte foundations, but not too dewy to where my face is an oilslick by noon, but the finish is stunning. It's very buildable, and even when you build it up to fuller coverage it still looks very very skin like. It lasts well, not anything crazy (I for one don't particularly care if a foundation lasts 18 hours because I'm never going to wear it that long), but with setting spray it'll look nice for a good 10-12 hours with minor touch up translucent powder in the afternoon for oil control. For all of the people complaining about the smell, it doesn't bother me at all but it is noticable straight out of the bottle, but I think it's important to mention the reason you smell that is because they don't put any perfumes in the product, which is great for people with sensitive skin I would think. I would rather smell the foundation than smell a bunch of perfumes. I have the shades nude ivory and nude beige (my skintone is neutral leaning slightly warm), and they're perfect for me because nude beige is me with a tan and nude ivory is me without one, so I can easily mix them together in different ratios as i fade from 1 to the other. The shade range is decent for a drug store foundation in my opinion, theres a warm neutral and cool shade for fair to deep skin tones. I also love that they write the undertone right on the bottle to take the guess work out of trying to shade match at the drugstore. With the price point it's easy to grab more than one and customize. I would prefer a pump as well, but the spatula is better than just an open bottle, I just usually dab some of each shade on the back of my hand and mix together and apply from there. It applies beautifully with both a beauty blender and a blurring foundation brush (I use the beauty blender for fuller coverage and the kabuki when I want something lighter). If you have combo skin and want oil control without the full matte flat face look, TRY THIS PRODUCT YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.

on 8/29/2018 3:02:00 AM

I think this foundation is suitable with flawless skin. It feels ok on my skin but i dont like the smell. And since i have noticeable pores, dark scars, this foundation wont do any help to cover it.

on 8/13/2018 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I started out loving the way this product looked on my skin over the course of my day. I looked past the fact that it smelled strongly of paint. I usually had to really buff it in to prevent streaking from my brushes and was able to use it. I've had a clear face for years. I've kept my same face product routine and its worked. I've been using it for a month and all of a sudden within the last two weeks I've had two huge cystic pimples on my forehead and cheek. I was devastated.. for one that I have spent so long without acne that I bruised my face trying to pop and get rid of these pimples. I've had acne in my teenage years but I'd never experienced cystic pimples in my life. I look on here and i see that other people had issues with break outs as well. I'm not sure what ingredient is to blame but i'd say be careful! because pimples won't happen over night or the next day. I've been using this for almost a month and got two huge pimples within the same week in the end.

I first bought the foundation online in soft beige a couple of months ago, I chose the closest colour I could to my usual foundation, but when it came it was slightly too dark, which sucks because in the bottle it looks really close to my usual, but when it comes out it's just a little bit too dark. I feel like the next lightest shade would be too light, so I don't know if there's a shade in this foundation that truly matches me, I'd probably have to mix two together. So because this was too dark when I first tried it I didn't really like it, and I didn't think it looked that great on my skin so I only wore it once. I bought several other vegan foundations since including Kat Von D, but couldn't find one that I really liked. One day I decided to try this one again, and my mind was completely changed. The colour is still slightly wrong but it still looks natural enough. I put on a couple of layers and thought that looked ok, but when I looked again about 5 minutes later I realised that it looks really amazingly flawless and matte. I have large pores and it makes them not so noticeable, it also stays put all day and looks great all day. I have combination skin and my makeup usually ends up melting off, but this one stayed on really well without looking heavy or cakey, unlike K V D, which is super thick and looks great when it first goes on but I've noticed five minutes later it settles into every line and poor and looks awful. This one improves with time, not worsens. It's also so important to me that the greasiness stays away, because my makeup will settle in my pores and look awful and this one didn't do that. I wasn't really that keen on the applicator but it's ok, I prefer a pump bottle. Another thing that I didn't really like was the smell, it smells pretty bad when you first put it on but the smell does go away. So yeah this is my new favourite foundation now and I will definitely be buying it again.