Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.2

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I first bought this foundation from my local Walgreensjust as soon as I saw it on display. Even though they offer 20 colors of foundation in the line only about 4-5 were on display, so I picked up 2 foundations in Peach Natural, 2 in Golden Beige, and 2 pressed powders in Neutral Beige. Peach Natural is about 2 shades lighter than my skin tone, so I definitely have to warm up my face with bronzer when I have worn it. Golden Beige is the most closest match to my skintone, but is still not a 100% match. However, I have been able to make it work, nonetheless.

The Neutral Beige pressed powder has a consistency that is very soft and silky and reminds ne a lot of MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish, in the way that it is shaped, and how much of a super natural finish it gives to the face. my skin is very dry at this time, however, even though the foundation dries matte, it does not make my face look like a dry overly mess. It leaves a natural matte look to my face, and I just lightly dust the Neutral a Beige pressed powder over it, and my face stays set. For individuals with oily to possibly very oily skin, they may need to use a mattifying setting powder over it instead of the Photofocus pressed powder instead.

With the foundation, I do not use a moisturizer or primer underneath. As, I applly the foundation straight to my face with the spatula applicator it comes with. Some individuals have complained that this foundation smells like paint. To be honest, this foundation has a slight chemical smell, very similar to Estee Lauder's Double Wear Stay In Place Makeup (however Estee Lauder's one is a bit more stronger). The smell of the PhotoFocus Foundation is not overwhelming, and after you have the foundation on after a short period or do, the slight smell ends up fading away anyways. As, thus foundation is fragrance free, so what you smell is coming from it is its raw ingredients only.

I have never experienced any creasing, cracking, or caking up issues with this foundation. However, I will say that with it on, I don't feel that it gives off a totally natural finish to my face, as you can definitely tell that I am wearing foundation on, however, that's my biggest issue with most foundations that I've tried anyways. I don't plan on buying anymore of this foundation. I actually have found a new foundation that I totally love, and has become my every day foundation that I swear by, and it's the new L. A. Colors Truly Matte foundation.,

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Man, I'm bummed. I really thought I'd love this foundation, seeing as I have hero worship for their Coverall Creme. I bought Coverall as soon as it came out and haven't so much as glanced at another foundation in 4 years. But then Wet 'n' Wild releases a new one. So, logically, if Coverall is my $4 love, then Photo Focus will probably walk on water or cure cancer, right? I digress, but I had high hopes for this.

To be clear, I think this foundation can work for specific people. But-but... Coverall just works for almost every skin type, issue, and need under the sun. Oh well. It's not a bad foundation, it's just not my favorite.

The coverage itself is pretty negligible. If you have off skin like I do (acne, pitting, scarring and the like) you will need a heavy duty concealer (I'd rec Hard Candy Glamoflague for this). But the finish itself is pretty impressive. It's a very natural looking foundation. It dried to a matte finish, and only upon close examination is it obvious that I'm wearing product.

Despite the matte finish, I'm an oily-skinned gal, so I'm pretty cautious. When testing this foundation, I always set it with powder. Same results. After about 6-8 hours, there's consistent fading around my nose and chin. I've tried different powders, primers, methods of application... it still fades.

On the plus side, it didn't appear to irritate my stupid sensitive skin, which is an accomplishment in and of itself. I'm starting to think if I stare too hard at my face, I'll breakout.

And it does look beautiful in photography. Nary a flashback in sight. This was also pretty impressive too. I'm super pale, my natural skintone alone probably looks like flashback. But whatever, I looked nice in photos. Can't complain.

Overall, I wouldn't buy unless you're normal to dry skinned with relatively few flaws. But if you wanna give it a go, it's only $5. I love Wet 'n' Wild for that, the day they raise their prices is probably the day I'll pass Calculus. So... never.

I think I'll keep it around for special events where I know pictures will be taken. Or a hot revenge selfie sent to my ex. Take your pick, it'll work for both.

so far I really like this foundation! I took some points off because of the color selection. I have neutral undertones and light neutral was way too light and light-medium neutral was way too dark. I bought both and just mix them together.

the coverage is great! I did some extractions before applying this and my skin was bright red and it covered it completely. I have combo skin and even set with powder, I did notice just a bit of separation around my nostrils. but the only foundation that doesn't do that for me is EL double wear. The finish is not totally matte, more of a satin finish I think.

I think the packaging was so nice for such a cheap foundation. glass bottle! Though it has a spatula instead of a pump but that's better than dumping the foundation out like a glass ketchup bottle. I'm going to keep using this foundation for a while! I wish I could upload a picture to really showcase this foundations coverage!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is HANDS DOWN the best drugstore foundation I have ever tried, and I've been using them for over 15 years!

The color selection at my Walgreens was pretty slim, but there are 20 shades on their website. I purchased the lightest shade the store carried, and it turned out to be a nice match. I would consider the coverage to be medium but buildable. I've used the new NYX Total Control Drop Foundation Brush to apply it and it gives a very even, natural finish. In fact, I think this is one of the most natural-looking foundations I've tried from the drugstore. While the consistency is thicker, the final look reminds me of the UD Naked Skin foundation.

The wear of the foundation is stellar! I wore it for 8 hours without needing a touchup or powder. I have an oily nose, and I was pleasantly surprised to get through my workday with almost no shine. There was also no oxidization, which was a pleasant surprise! Other Wet n Wild foundations have oxidized terribly on my skin. I did have minor wear on my cheeks from where my glasses rub, but I sometimes wear very large frames so that happens with most foundations I wear.

The packaging is the only thing I don't like about this foundation. When you open the bottle, there's a spatula attached to the lid. I wish this came with a pump instead. I just really hate the spatula thing - it seems very unsanitary to me.

I highly recommend that you try this out! For about ~$5 a pop, it's totally worth taking a chance.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

It's Just Wow.. this is soooo nice and wonderful foundation!!!!! Price is good and working very well.
My skin so smooth and flawless and matte all day.
I will definitely buy again :)

on 1/24/2017 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The color match was perfect and the price is very reasonable, so that was good. Unfortunately, the ended up being a chalky dried out mess on me. I have extremely oily skin too, so I'm amazed that something could make me look dry, but it did. I love the pressed powder in this line, but this foundation wasn't good for me at all.

on 1/30/2017 11:48:00 AM

not crazy about the spatula packaging and the smell. The packaging is very good considering that its about $6 and good quality. the smell however, I heard that it smelled like paint but I thought maybe its just similar...no just like kids paint. The smell does not last, after finishing my makeup I forgot about the sent. It had a matte finish and seems to stay matte for a while. Not good for dryer skin

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I had high hopes for this foundation since Wet n Wild puts out some outstanding products at an affordable price point.

This foundation offers very light coverage. I would say give it a go if you don't have anything major to cover. I have some rosacea redness and I had to use a lot of this foundation and a lot of concealer to get any coverage. This stuff also looked cakey on me. This is also a no-go if you are oily. I looked greasy and patchy within a couple of. I'm not sure about the photo friendliness since I didn't take any photo's with it.

The packaging sux with the weird spatula. Wet n Wild probably could have put a pump here for the same cost as this dumb spatula.

If you are oily and need to cover redness I highly recommend ELF acne foundation. I have to order it online since I have never seen it in a store. It offers excellent coverage, long wear, no mask like appearance and it's six bucks!

I liked this, but if I lost it I wouldn't buy again. I was pleasantly suprised though...and it does smell like paint!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- long wearing
- matte
- affordable
- blurs out pores

CONS

- cannot find my shade
- settles into fine lines
- can look a bit aging
- looks heavy

COMMENTS: This is a matte, full coverage foundation. It wears well, but it doesn't control my oil any better than my other foundations. It does set a little quickly, but nothing I can't work with. Pores disappeared and it didn't emphasize any dryness. It did however, settle into fine lines and aged me a bit. It doesn't look as natural as claimed at all. It definitely looks like makeup. I never got around to using my finishing spray to help with these issues, though due to the shade choices. Desert Beige was too dark and Bronze Beige was too light. Anything in between had the wrong undertone.

Will not repurchase.