Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by age: 19-24
Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.2

on 10/19/2017 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Idk if it's just me but, im having a prob with this foundation when it comes to layering it with concealer. This doesn't go well with a cream pot type concealer. My skin type is normal with some dry patches and few dark spots, blemishes to cover. I have mine in shade soft beige and Whenever I put a pot concealer on top of this, it doesn't seem to blend well and its taking away the coverage of both products. Tried blending it with sponge and fingers but meh still the same, i really dk what's wrong with the formula but I have no prob using it with liquid type concealers. (Imma pot over liquid concealer type of girl so that's a con for me)

Packaging wise, the glass bottle looks luxurious and doesn't feel cheap. The applicator itself reminds me of my holika holika jelly bb but I'd still prefer a foundation with a pump because it's more hygienic.

Blendability of the product's ok, it blends easily but also dries down easy so make sure to blend it right away, clings to my dry patches so I make sure to exfoliate before use. Finish is matte but not flat, if you know what i mean but still do like to set this with a little powder on top.

When it comes to coverage, probably medium buildable to medium high, I still need a concealer to cover my dark spots and blemishes but this doesn't go well with my pot concealers (tried every pot concealers I have like mac studio finish, catrice camo and missha perfect) but it's okay with liquids, like what I've said earlier.

Wear time for my normal-combi-sensi skin is upto 6-7hrs. I do notice that it emphasizes my pores after some hours if I wouldn't wear a primer underneath, doesn't oxidize so it's a plus point because that's my issue with other foundation. No breakout issues and it doesn't have spf so it is perfect for flash photography too.

on 9/27/2017 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm very fair and very cool toned and the shade rose ivory is really good match. Evens out my skin tone. Just be sure to add a blush/light bronzer after because this is very pale and pink toned and can look..interesting without anything else. the staying power is average but I'd buy again if I ran out.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

When I first used this, I applied too much product as I used the spatula to dot all over my face. It got way too cakey on my first trial and it just looked too dry and so bad on both natural and artificial lighting. But the second time I used this, I applied way less and I finally got to make it quite natural and not cakey! I have really oily skin and this oils up on me quite fast when I don't set it with a lot of powder but with baking technique it does keep the oil at bay. I don't really mind getting oily a little bit because I can always blot it with a tissue paper and the oil just melts the powder away which makes the finish much smoother or natural for me as the days go by. This doesn't really oxidize on me which is great because I just got the right shade that almost matches my skin tone which I barely did with other drugstore foundations. I personally only like sheer to medium coverage because I really have a textured skin and heavy foundations always emphasizes that so with a damp sponge, I can easily achieve a sheerer coverage with this foundation! All in all I really like this foundation, it lasted on me all day and the price is really inexpensive and it's just a plus that it is cruelty free!

on 9/14/2017 4:34:00 AM

At first I wasn't to blown away by this foundation, but when I started really using it I started loving it. It's lightweight and looks natural on the skin. The coverage is light to medium and it has like a semi matte finish. It's great if you like a simple and natural looking foundation.

on 9/12/2017 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The price is amazing. I like how this stays for the entire day for an oily skin girl like me. Nice matte finish. However, caution: gets slightly patchy on any dry areas. You will love this if you have oily skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I think this foundation is great for the price. It is medium-to-full coverage, looks great in flash photography, and leaves me with a dewy and fresh looking finish. I find that this look better when applied with a sponge as opposed to a brush. It usually takes me about two "spatulas" worth of product for a full face, but I have visible acne scarring.

My biggest issues with this foundation are the smell and the packaging. There is no pump, but a spatula with which you have to use to deposit the product onto the back of your hand before application. But for like $6, I wouldn't expect much else.

Okay, at first I loved this foundation, the smell doesn't bother me, but I have very sensitive skin due to some allergies. I have a latex allergy, and I didn't see latex anywhere in the additives, but I cannot use this foundation. I use covergirl clean matte BB cream and it's amazing. This foundation caused my entire face to get red and swollen and I got huge blisters on my face that caused scarring. I've only used it twice and I bought a new bottle thinking it might be just that batch a few months later, low and behold I'm here again with blisters all over my face. I'm sticking with covergirl, at least it doesn't scar my face

on 8/23/2017 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i've worn this daily for a week and i like it okay so far. seems really similar to the NARS sheer glow foundation in coverage + finish, though this stays tacky for a really long time, and this also looks cakier than the NARS does when you build it up.

the paint smell is off-putting but it reminds me of the coverall foundation if i remember correctly - classic wnw lol. it does dissipate really quickly. i wonder what ingredient makes it smell the way it does. either way it's not something that really bothers me as it's not something you have to deal with all day long. it does go away almost immediately.

the cap is great, i love the grooves in the glass that help the lid click into place. i feel like it's really sturdy and wont pop open in a bag. but i reeeeally don't like the spatula, it feels kind of messy to me. idk. like having a giant bottle of nail polish and smearing the brush all over your face. i'm always worried something's going to drip off of it. between the spatula and nothing at all, i think i'd prefer nothing. but i just put some foundation on the back of my hand to pick up and apply to my face with my fingers and that seems to work just fine.

finish is just okay, stays put throughout the day for the most part. when it rubs off though, it's really difficult to blend back in. also, if your skin is too dry before applying this, it looks bizarre - the first time i tried it i looked like an IRL version of a grainy iphone selfie. since then i've learned that it needs to go on top of a moisturizer, and probably with a beauty blender if you personally have dry skin (i'm normal/combo so i'm fine with brush application for now). btw - if using a brush, apply in very thin layers and only build up in areas where you want coverage specifically! that'll help the finish look more natural. i will say that i much prefer to powder my whole face after putting this foundation on since it's so tacky for so long after application, so i don't know if the foundation itself tends to emphasize pores or texture since my powder tends do do quite a bit of blurring on its own.

i'm surprised at how much lighter drugstore foundations have gotten in recent years; to be fair i try to buy CF as often as possible and for some reason CF brands seem to have smaller ranges than other brands do? wnw, elf, nyx, i feel like they're all notorious among really light makeup wearers as being orangier than other lines and just generally having smaller shade ranges than other brands do. anyway, i'm about NC10, i really love NARS siberia on me, and i got this in porcelain. it is a ~hair~ orange but i'm not so picky as to say it's unwearable, it's so very close to perfect. the shade depth is almost identical to siberia, it's just a little orange, which is the problem i usually run into with foundations because i don't have warm skin. i'm just yellow lol. anyway, if you enjoy NARS siberia then you will probably be able to get away with this.

overall i do like this stuff a lot! could be a little better but for $6, as long as it doesn't break me out, i dont see myself rushing back to sephora to try anything else any time soon. i hope to figure out how to best work with it over the coming months and when i finish my bottle i will definitely come back to update my thoughts on it here~

update 10.08.17 - still really enjoying this stuff. it stays quite matte on me all day long, so i can't imagine someone with dry skin enjoying this foundation very much. but i prefer matte formulations so i love how fresh this stays looking all day~ coverage i would say is a solid medium and slightly buildable.
some cons i've encountered since i first reviewed this product - the opening of the bottle gets so gross and gunked up with product! fortunately it's easy to wipe away, but..gosh it's so unpleasant to look at lol.
ALSO, this absolutely, unequivocally, 100% has flashback on me. i took a photo of myself with just this and nothing else on, and i had major ghostface. and i know it's not my powder because on other foundations, my powder does not give me flashback (and it's not an HD powder anyway). not a dealbreaker for me but ffs, i thought this was supposed to be good for photos !

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I had trouble finding a foundation; I either found something too dark or for whatever reason, it just didn't work for me.

But I think I finally found the right foundation, although I was a bit skeptical of it at first due to the price. I have this in the shade "Soft Ivory" (light-warm undertone) and I love it so much. So I'll just break down the pros and cons of it.

The only issues with it are that it smells a little bit like paint (but it goes away after you blend it, although the smell doesn't bother me personally), and it can emphasize skin texture a little bit.

However, the things I like about this foundation are that it has never oxidized on me, it blends out perfectly (I use a sponge to apply it), it's under 10 dollars, I like the formula, I love the coverage, and I have to admit the spatula applicator has grown on me.
I also like the fact that this has 20 shades ranging from Porcelain to Mahogany along with specific undertones for each shade. I have yet to test it out with flash photography, though.

All in all, I love this foundation and I plan on getting it again when I run out of this. <3

on 8/2/2017 6:20:00 PM

My boyfriend's mom purchased two shades from this foundation line and they were too light for her. She gave them to me to see if maybe I would be a match considering I'm fair-skinned (I've never reached a "Medium" label in the makeup line like ever). Both shades were super light on my already light skin and just ugh I don't even know how to describe the way it stayed on my skin. I had primer on but it was as if the foundation just clung to my skin for dear life. Trying to remove it was awful and it was just like smearing it in the area applied. The smell is gag-worthy. Someone said it was akin to paint thinner and I agree wholeheartedly. I did like the little spatula attached to the cap though!