wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.0

on 6/15/2018 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Who paid all of those youtubers to say this was good lol.
I was dry-very dry skin and I could have fried food on my face with how much oil I was producing
It drys super matte and looks cakey too and wouldn't sit on certain areas of my skin at all, and then within a couple of hours the grease comes out???
Seriously how did all of the beauty gurus hype this up

I have seen many mixed reviews about this foundation. It isn’t the best on my skin, I feel like it doesn’t settle as nice as I’d like it to, it settles into my smile lines and it transfers a lot, so for me it doesn’t wear gracefully.
However, I need to give it heads up for having such a wide shade range and stating the deepnes AND the undertone of each shade. I am very fair and finding foundation that is light enough and neutral/yellow is nearly impossible, especially in drugstores, so well done wet’n’wild.
P.S. I still use this to mix in with other foundations

Sooooo bummed that this didn’t work out for me. I have very oily skin and this turned me into a greaseball. At first the finish looked b auto full and the coverage is great especially for the price. I’m hoping may they will come out with a matte version.

I purchased this product because my local Ulta had a sale where it was 1/2 off among it being a commonly used foundation for a makeup artist I follow on social media. And well, this foundation did. not. disappoint! One of the largest issues I have with foundations are either shade range (honey I am casper's ghost pale) OR it seeps into my forehead wrinkles and smile lines and looks a mess. I did not (for the first time ever) have to purchase the lightest shade they had and out of all my foundations I have (including Urban Decay all nighter foundation) IT BARELY CREASES. It sits beautifully on the skin and lasts all day. Its just great. This has become one of my holy grail products. Great coverage medium-full, depending on how much you build on your face. Super breatheable and non-cakey. The packaging is even nice for how cheap it is. Wet N Wild done good.

on 4/18/2018 4:02:00 AM

I hate this foundation it was so bad even when I use my primer it so cakey. I was so shocked that it work so good with other people. I have a normal skin but with this foundation my face look so dry and in large my pores . Other then that this product also did not last all day. It's was so sad because many people love it and I hate it.

I‘m around an NC20, maybe a tad bit lighter and in the departement store „Soft Beige“ looked like a perfect match. However, it‘s way too dark..or maybe not even dark, but just very orange?! I‘m not sure, but the tone and undertone looked very off :/
The foundation itself is medium coverage I‘d say. It blends fairly well and the bottle is nice and hefty as well, which imo is always a plus.
But that‘s really all good I can say about this foundation, as it looked quite cakey and did not hold up well on my oily skin. Who thought it would be a good idea to draw a comparison between this foundation and ELDW?! They‘re not comparable - like at all. This one doesn‘t last any longer than your typical drugstore foundation, isn‘t exceptionally smudge or budge proof and doesn’t give you high coverage for that matter.

- oxidizes
- looks cakey
- the smell is terrible
- starts breaking up after ~4-5hrs
- transfers quite easily (and leaves you looking patchy)

Yeah, I wasn‘t a fan. I gave it to my sister who has more normal/combo skin, she doesn‘t like it that much either but it worked better for her than it was working for me.

on 3/30/2018 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

For reference, I am a MAC NC30 (medium with warm undertones). I have this in the shade "Golden Beige."

This foundation has received very good reviews on Youtube; however, my experience with this foundation was not that great. While it has a great finish and medium coverage that's buildable to full, I found that there are two major issues with this foundation: lasting power and oxidation.

The foundation does not seem to last very long on the skin. It seemed to start fading after the 4 hour mark. In addition, it has the tendency to crease, esp. around the mouth and under-eye area. It also gets cakier throughout the day as the skin dries out.

The biggest deal breaker with this foundation is the oxidation. It seems to start oxidizing orange on my skin almost immediately after application and gets worse throughout the day. I looked on the reviews on the WnW website for this foundation and this seems to be a pretty common issue.

Hard pass on this foundation. I would not recommend this to a friend nor will I be repurchasing. Instead, opt to get their cushion foundation, which is absolutely fantastic!

Smells like paint and feels heavy on the skin. My skin is more on the dry side and this definitely emphasized that- turned splotchy and did not cover any redness or acne. Do not recommend!

on 1/24/2018 11:58:00 PM

This foundation will oxidize orange. Do not waste your money. I have no idea how popular this foundation has become but stay away. This stuff will make your skill look incredibly caked on with product even if it’s a think layer. Big no.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Picked this up at the grocery store. It is quite simple to pick your shade...they are separated by warm, cool, and neutral, and darkness level. I picked medium warm, the shade is called Golden Beige, and it is by far the best shade match for me that I've ever found. I have tried many mid range foundations, all the popular ones. In MAC products I use NC30, but I find it to be a hair dark, while NC25 is too light.

I don't like the spatula packaging and it smells bad, but it's not the only foundation that has these qualities, and for the price I can overlook these.

The advertising doesn't mention what the finish is or what skin type it's ideal for. I have normal-combo skin and prefer a matte finish as they tend to be longer lasting. This foundation is very matte and would not work for dry skin, it made my skin feel dry even in my oily areas. But it lasts long, I tend to rest my face in my hand throughout the day and it still looked intact by 5pm (I applied it at 7am). I find the finish very unnatural looking, especially the closer up you get.