Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

4.6

I am very happy to say that I have finally found my HG every day highlighter! This highlighter is so subtle but absolutely gorgeous! It truly leaves you with a fresh and glowing from within kind if look. I have light/medium skin with neutral undertones (NC20 in the winter NW20 in the summer) and it just looks amazing on me! For special ocassions or when I'm trying to be a little extra, I will use my becca moonstone highlighter. But for every day use if I just want a gorgeous yet subtle kind of sheen I find that this one can be used year round but especially in the summertime when my skin is prone to getting more on the oily side thus making it shinier so this baby paired with the essence all about matt! Powder is my perfect combo for the season to keep my skin looking fresh and glowing without going overboard. If your job doesnt consist of working at a beauty supply or makeup store, this highlighter is definitely appropriate for the office or workplace as it also looks amazing but not overdone in indoor lighting and outdoors in the natural light. Best of all, it doesn’t irritate the skin or cause breakouts and is under $5!!!
So in short, if you are looking for a super noticeable highlighter that’ll give you the glazed donut effect then you will be disappointed..but if you want a neutral every day highlighter without the cheap or gritty glitter bomb look or heavy holographic effects then I would definitely recommend that you give this one a go!
Essence cosmetics can be found at ulta and target! I’ve had mine for about a year now and still havent hit pan but will definitely repurchase when I'm out

on 4/10/2018 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use this almost every day and I really like it. It's a little bit dark for my fair skin, but it's fine if I use a light hand. This is really pretty and it isn't glittery or chunky at all. It just looks really natural, and it doesn't exaggerate the texture of my skin, which I like. I would repurchase this but I don't think I'll have to because it's lasted me forever.

I didnt think i was too pale to pull this off :( i hope they come with more shades coz the formuls is beautiful for a subtle glow. Im a y245 in MUFE’s ultra hd and this looks orangey peachy on me :( i will try to use it as something else lol just not sure what for..

on 12/1/2017 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I admit I don't own many highlighters, this is only my third, but once you find something you absolutely love why stray?
Not too much shimmer, I have large pores and oily skin and this looks natural as F. I Don't need glitter chunks getting caught in my pores (ew).

I'm NC25 and works really well with my colouring.

Update: I found that towards the end of winter when I am less than NC25, it comes off peachy and is hard to make work as a highlighter. I'll use it for summer but next winter will find something lighter.

PSA - This is not discontinued in US/CAD :D

on 9/12/2017 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

My everyday highlighter even when I'm not wearing foundation or concealer! This highlighter looks so natural even in sunlight. I hate seeing even the tiniest glitter particle on my face when I'm in the sun and this highlighter leaves no sparkle at all. My skin just looks like its glowing!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This product is everything I've been looking for in a highlight but never could find high-end. I don't really like a blinding highlight for everyday but I do love looking glowy and radiant as I have dry skin. This highlight is so natural and doesn't emphasize texture on my skin at all.

This product is really unique. It looks deeper in the pan, similar to the champagne pop colour, but it applies to the skin as just sheen with almost no colour and no real shimmer in it. It just brings life back into your face without making it look obvious that you're wearing makeup. There is really no wrong way to apply this but i find a small tapered brush really defuses the product nicely on the skin and makes it look even more natural and transparent. I wear this pretty much every day to work.

Even if I do want a more blinding highlight, I find I can use this on places like the nose, forehead and chin and then place a more intense highlight just to the cheekbones. I doubt I'll ever run out but if I do I'd repurchase this in a heartbeat.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can see why so many people love this highlight. The packaging is simple, the size is generous, there is no annoying film that requires scraping off before you get to the good stuff. It is just glowing goodness in the form of silky smooth powder. Soft golden shade that looks beautiful on the skin, Does not accentuate pores or texture, just healthy glowing skin. It can be layered if you want a more intense look but one swipe is enough to make you look radiant. Super affordable, as is the case with all Essence products, this one is approximately $6 Cdn. Can't see ever needing to repurchase because there is a ton of product in the package but if it ever broke or if I lost it I would most certainly buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Wow - for less than five and a half bucks, who'd believe that a highlighter could be THIS good? I wasn't too sure when I bought it - it looked sort of dark for my colouring when I looked at it in the pan but I figured for the price, what did I have to lose? This little gem is every bit as good as highlighters costing 10X as much (Dior and Chanel, for example). As others have commented, there is a complete absence of chunky glitter and at first, I doubted that this would be a highlighter at all. Then I finger-tipped some onto my cheekbones and brushed a little bit onto my Cupid's bow and I was so impressed with the results. This is subtle but definitely adds a glow but it's one that looks natural. Especially at my Cupid's bow, where even the highest quality highlighters can look a bit garish, this doesn't. The packaging is pretty crummy - no mirror, obviously, and a lid/hinge that feels like it could break easily but that's not a deal breaker for me (I've had MAC compacts break in less than a week!). Do yourself a favour and give this great, inexpensive product a try. You'll be getting quite the bang for your very few bucks.

I bought this because or Emily83 and Kathleen lights.. I have a bunch of highlighters from Becca, MAC, NARS, Tarte, and Too Faced. Let me tell you I reach for this more than I do the pricey ones. Its natural and not over done at all. It looks great and doesn't draw attention to any texture on my skin. And its affordable. No chunky glitter either.

on 2/23/2017 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It took quite a few shopping trips to track this down, but it was worth the hunt. This is my new go-to highlighter when I want a 'no makeup' makeup look. There's no shimmer or sparkle at all to this highlighter, but it somehow gives off the most beautiful, natural looking glow. It can be layered up but never turns into a discoball. It does tend to fade after 6-7 hours on my skin, but that's the case with most highlighters and it fades evenly, not patchy. If you're looking for high shine, spotlight highlight this isn't the product for you but anyone looking for a very soft lit from within look will love this.

Pros:
budget friendly
very subtle, natural looking
no glittery discoball shimmer

Cons:
difficult to find
fades after several hours
not for those who want intense shine