4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I've been searching for my winter foundation. With 60 plus skin that is so dry in the winter it's so hard to find a foundation that looks radiant and wears well. Most, even the foundations that say they are moisturizing leave my skin looking parched by the end of the day or they just disappear. I tried this a couple of different ways - fingers, brush and beauty blender. I also tried a few different primers underneath. And I always moisturize my skin before putting anything on. This foundation is supposed to be fuller coverage. I found it to be high medium but heavy looking. No matter how much I used, it just looked okay, but not better than any of the other "meh" foundations that I've tried that aren't worth keeping. I had really high expectations for this foundation but I ended up not keeping it. For those looking for a luxury foundation that really is a game changer for dry, winter skin - try the by Terry Eclat Opulent - insanely expensive but so worth it. At this point my HG for the winter.

About reviewer (79 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

2 years ago

Given the price tag, I was hoping this would perform a miracle on me, i.e. turn an exhausted wreck into someone radiant and well rested. I was perhaps expecting too much. It is full coverage and it certainly brightens the skin and gives a lovely look, however I realised it is just another foundation, and like any other foundation, it has its good points and bad. It did not look like second skin and feels a bit heavy on application. It didn't last as long as I had hoped. At the end of the day the made up look is still there but it looks pretty patchy on close inspection. I think the liquid version might work better for me, however I don't really feel I can justify spending the kind of money Cle de peau asks if the foundation does not out perform other products in all aspects. I would rather spend the money on other decent but less pricy products which ultimately achieve similar effects anyway.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

2 years ago

Ugh I hate that I love this product so much. It is perfect. Ungodly expensive, especially with how small the container is. It is full coverage without looking or feeling heavy. You skin looks glowing and healthy and clear. If you can afford it - do it. If you can't.... :)

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Olive

HairBrunette

3 years ago

I have dry/combination skin and this is hands down the best foundation I have ever used. The price isn't lovely but it is totally worth it! There are three things that are important to me when it comes to foundation: 1) long lasting - I work in a dusty environment, definitely not an air-conditioned 24/7 office setting. So it is important to me that the foundation will last throughout my work day. I work 10hrs+ per day, and guess what, Cle de peau radiant cream foundation is the only one I have tried so far that would last that long without looking cakey, or melting off or wearing off! Also the foundation color stayed the same as when I first applied it! it is totally amazing! I couldn't believe how great my skin looks after 10 hours of working in dusty operation. 2) color stays true - meaning the color won't turn darker due to oxidation. As I mentioned in the previous note, the color definitely stayed true! 3) coverage - I do have blemishes on my face, I get breakouts every once in a little while, so there's always some acne scar or discoloration on my face. I found that only a little of this foundation goes a long way! In fact, if I tried to use more than a size of a small pea, it would look heavy to the point where it almost looks like I am wearing a mask. So a little bit goes a long way, and it is enough to cover up all the imperfections on my face and still looking natural and beautiful. Another thing that made me completely fell in love with this foundation is how radiant/glowy my skin looks after applying it. This glow stays on and gets even better with lighting as the hour goes by. My T-zone and nose area tend to get oily easily throughout the day, with other foundations/bb cream/bb cushion I have tried, this area usually looks kinda gross and oily after a long day of work. But with Cle de Peau, this area tends to have this natural glow on it, where it doesn't look overly oily at all, instead, it compliments my skin and makes it look like my skin is glowing! My husband said it made me look really healthy lol. Overall, this is definitely a product I would come back and buy again!! Don't be scared of its price point, it is totally worth a try!

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

3 years ago

I'm on a mission to provide more CDP reviews because there isn't much out there on the brand but there are some real gems in the line. This foundation is probably one of the most expensive foundations I own and was initially shocked at how small and unpretentious the packaging was considering the price I paid ($125, 21ml). I do like the compact size of the package which makes it great for travel and doesn't take up too much space in my makeup case. I have normal/combo skin and was matched to O30 (in Chanel I'm 30, in Giorgio Armani I'm 5.5). This foundation provides full coverage with just a wisp of the product but amazingly the full coverage doesn't look like you have a mask of foundation on, it just magically covers everything up and still manages to make it look like it's your skin and feels utterly weightless. I typically cannot leave the house without eye concealer, but there has numerous occasions where I've left without it because the foundation is able to cover up my dark under eye circles! The overall look is radiant without it looking shiny or dewy. Just makes the skin look healthy as if you were born with perfect skin. I like to apply this with either a beauty blender and most recently I've been using it with my Clarisonic makeup brush. This foundation is long lasting but I wouldn't say the oil control is great without a powder touchup around midday for my combo skin. When I use the CDP refining toner, I found the T-zone has better oil control.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

3 years ago

Purchased this in July 2016 but didn't have the time to review this till now. When compared to the older version, this is more or less the same except being lighter, which make this usable in the hot and humid Asian summer . This stays on pretty well in the summer, like 12+ hours (mid-day blotting is needed but no touch-up) and it stays on even better when the weather is colder or drier. I used this when I travelled to the Finnish Lapland in December 2016 and this stayed on perfectly. My skin felt so comfortable and pampered with this on actually, so I would say it does a good job in moisturizing too. In terms of coverage, this is somehow not as full as the older version. I am still happy with the coverage I get as I only require minimal concealer to cover up my evil dark circles. Anyway, I don't think any foundation can cover up my sun spots without looking super flat. As for the finish, it is just like the predecessor - skin-like satin finish. I am not sure if there are cheaper alternatives for this foundation, but then this never disappoints me. Highly recommended if you don't mind the hefty price tag (HK$980/ for 21ml vs 25ml for the old version).

About reviewer (245 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

from

3 years ago

This is one of the nicest foundations I have tried recently. As a CDP member in Japan I get a free makeover every other month at their counter and this month it featured this foundation plus a very generous week long sample of it with the natural veil primer. First off, I love this even more than my Suqqu foundations. I never thought a high coverage foundation could look this flawless and natural and dewy. Nor that it could last so long on my oily, oily face. I`ve applied with my Artis brush (they do recommend using a brush for this) and the finish is just like a better version of my skin. I am in love and I think I am going to make the splurge for the full size, even though at this price it has to be the most expensive foundation I have ever considered buying.

About reviewer (885 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesHazel

from

3 years ago

This is supposed to be a replacement for the Silky Cream Foundation. Unlike the predecessor, this comes in deeper shades, up to O60. btw, mine is O30, this is a good fdn, good, not great, I find the discontinued Silky Cream has a quality that as the day wears on, the skin looks better in a luminous but not greasy way. I do not find this quality on the Radiant version, neither version did not oxidize on me. I tried using the Radiant fdn. on half of my face and Laura Mercier Silky Cream (Beige Ivory) on the other half, 6 hours later, virtually no difference, except Mercier is half the price as CdP. Gladly I scoured around the Niche Boutiques in town & found some stores still have the CdP Silky version left, I just bought 2.

About reviewer (778 reviews)

Age44-55