3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

So I like this, even though I think most people wouldn't. The applicator is a thin, flexible plastic, with a little needlehole and some very small "teeth". Using the applicator at different angles, I was able to get the controlled look I wanted. Thin and precise on some parts of the brow, bushy and full on others. I prefer a nylon bristled brow brush to make it look "bushy" but that's just the case in general, whether I use this or traditional pomades. That's one slightly unique aspect of this product, the pigment is more akin to well known pomades like Anastasia, rather than gels, so it may apply to heavily for those who can't control the application. But I was able to find an ashy shade (very important and rare) AND it was very longwearing. The only reason I'm saying I won't repurchase is because I'm working on boycotting L'Oreal and all it's subsidiary companies, incl Maybelline.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

a year ago

This is a good shaper and filler for thinning eyebrows. I really like it. But, I have experienced small pimples on my eyebrows in use with this product. I think I have either an allergic reaction or clogged pores as a result of the dye gel so I'm going to stop using it and see what happens.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

I don't have the world's thinnest or thickest brows, but 8 years ago my brows had VOLUME. I got this product though because I want to make them look more volumized. I don't want insta-brows or anything too perfected, I just want my brows to look fuller, even if they look messy because I already have a bit of shape to them. IME, if your brows already have a decent shape or well defined shape, you don't need to do that much to them for them to look good, like this product. PROS: It looks really natural. Even though it is a fiber product, it looks more like a brow tint. Whatever fibers are present, you can't see them one bit. I also think it's one of the few products that I think look better the more you build it up, instead of looking like makeup or fake. It also is extremely long wearing - I've had this on for well over 24 hours (yes, I slept in it) and it looks exactly the same. No crumble, smear off, nothing. It's not very difficult to remove either. And the brush also doesn't pick up tons of product or need to be wiped off or create clumps or any weirdness. It looks like nothing special, just some design with dinky ass short bristles, but it truly works well. CONS: The first time I used it, I was ready to return it. The only reason I didn't was because Walmart didn't have the shade down and I wasn't in the mood to go to a ton of stores, so I thought I'd give the product a try and see if it was good, even though the color was off. I have this in dark brown and although I have dark brown hair, it's not black. I have natural highlights in my hair and brow hair too from when you're a child that makes them more dimensional looking without being obvious. This is why I often go for dark brown of softer blacks (if I had to choose black) when using mascara products, they are not stark or harsh looking compared to black. The dark brown in this fiber mascara might as well be black and yes, it comes off as stark or unnatural. The first moment I applied it, it's like "what have I done?" because it appeared kind of "inky" too, like just ink like or not matte though. It dries down a bit less shiny after, but you can kind of tell I'm wearing this, even though it is natural looking in the sense that you can't really directly see it. OVERALL: This product is really a 4 or 4.5 to me but I'm giving it a 5 because of everything combined. It's cheap, it's easy to use (just short swipes and build it up), it looks natural, and it stays on forever. I'll use this tube up and drop down to the medium brown shade because the dark brown is really a soft-er black is "woah" on me right now, so I'm trying to go in with a lighter hand.

About reviewer (258 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Medium

a year ago

This is the only product I use to shape my brows and to keep them in place. It makes them look darker, fuller and natural at the same time. I have dark brown hair and the color medium brow is perfect for me. The package lasts a very long time for me, so its very good value for the amount you pay.

About reviewer (70 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

a year ago

I love this product! It makes my eyebrows look richer, darker, and fuller - but NATURAL. This is exactly what I've been looking for! I find it really easy to apply with the weird little flat brush, and the colour 'deep brown' is perfect for my black (brown-black) hair. It stays on, doesn't flake, and doesn't literally melt off my face when it gets wet like a certain other brow product did (cough cough, Rimmel 'brow this way' gel). This thing (pomade? gel? mascara?) has pretty decent hold, too, and I can shape my brows with the applicator on this alone. I'm just so happy with this. Definitely give it a try.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

3.0

2 years ago

This product does a good job of volumizing my brows, but the brush is SO hard to use. It is flat and deposits product where I don't want it. I wish they would replace the brush with something similar to other brow products.

About reviewer (205 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

I like how this makes my brow hairs look thicker. I can use this alone during my lazy days and it would still make my brows filled in. However, there are TINY GLITTERS on it when you reaaaally look closely, which makes the eyebrows look “wet”

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Medium

HairBlack

2 years ago

I bought this other day not thinking much. I really enjoy using this and works really well. This really does add volume and set my brows.

About reviewer (130 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

2.0

2 years ago

I really liked this product when I first tried it- it was a little challenging to use the giant brush, but it filled in the gaps nicely, made my brows look fuller without additional products, stayed put well. The color seemed nice- rather cool and natural (I bough this in dark brown). However... as the day went on, the color of the product started to change- it got warm and yellowish. I first though that maybe it reacted with the foundation, so tried it without any products around, and yup, this turns weird yellowish color after a few hours on wear on me. Such a shame. This could be so nice. Back to essence's make me brow and nyx's brow cake.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2.0

2 years ago

I am tossing this stuff. My eyebrow hairs are pale and I look best if I use both pencil and an eyebrow-mascara type of product. But not this one! It is hard to apply, and clumps up and then some of the clumps fall on my face or in my eyes while others are very difficult to remove. I recommend Gimme Brow by Benefit instead.

About reviewer (89 reviews)

Age56 & Over