Revlon Kiss Balm with SPF 20

Kiss Balm with SPF 20

3.9

on 5/2/2017 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Very pleasantly surprised by this lip balm which I have in the apple and strawberry scents. I'm sensitive to scents and don't like many artificially-scented products - but these are pretty mild and don't linger. The apple smells just like green apple Jolly Ranchers taste, which I love. The strawberry is your standard strawberry lip product smell. The colours of these are very sheer and don't last long. I'm happy to have these as lip SPF for the summertime! Also love the twist up packaging.

on 4/24/2017 5:21:00 PM

I'm a bit all over the place with these.

One, it's Revlon, and I love most of their lip products, so that's a good thing.

Two, I love tinted balms, so there's that in this lippie's favor.

Three, it has SPF protection, which I like. The colors in these -- the tinted ones -- are mild, but you can see them when you wear them.

I went a little crazy when these first came out, especially when drugstores have a sale and you can get them for 40 percent off, it gets tempting.

I happen to have Berry Burst, Crisp Apple, and Sugar Plum. They all offer a nice hint of tint. Plum is a sheer plum and has the most pigment of the three I own. Apple is a warm sheer red. Berry is a sheer medium pink.

All have flavor, and I can't say they really taste like the fruit. They all have a sweet fake flavor, a bit like cough syrup, I guess. They smell sort of like their namesakes -- at least the apple one does. (The apple is also the strongest scented of the three I have.) The smell reminds me more of an interpretation of a fruity smell. Like the apple would be the artificial flavor version of apple, etc. It's not bad, but I wish they weren't so strongly scented or flavored.

I tend to also find them a bit drying -- that could be the fragrance for me, or the SPF, since I don't usually wear fragranced products or a lot of SPF on my lips.

In general I just keep these on hand to wear when I'll be outside and want a bit of protection on my lips. That they're not super moisturizing for me -- I always have to chase these with a balm after wearing these -- and they're a bit too stinky and artificially sweet make me pass on them if I'll be out of the sun.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have this in Fresh Strawberry which is a sheer strawberry pink color. The pleasant fragrance reminds me of a strawberry scented lip balm Avon had years ago. I find this lip balm to be an effective moisturizer with a hint of shine and color.

on 2/4/2017 5:40:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Picked this up in peach, it's a very nice SPF balm. More slick and shiny than other spf lip products I've tried. I didn't find much colour at all which the peach but the scent was nice and I like the chubby pencil packaging. Will try another shade next time to see if I can get a little bit of colour with this. Would repurchase.

on 4/17/2017 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I purchased this in the color/flavor crisp apple. I have been using the MB baby lips in cherry me for a few years. I like the baby lips but the color cherry me shows up more as a sheer bright pink on me than red. I actually purchased this because I left my baby lips at home on accident. I do not own any lipsticks or lip glosses or lip liners and I couldn't go to work without any color on my lips at all because I look dead lol. I ran into Walgreens and purchased this and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised and I think I may have found my new favorite tinted lip balm! It's moisturizing, smells good and gives my lips a good RED sheer wash of color. I like a my lips but better look and this is it. I also found this has more color payoff than the Burts bees tinted balm in red dahlia

I bought the peach one on a whim last week, and have been using it almost daily since. I'm not typically a lip balm person as I don't have very dry lips, but it has SPF 20, which is what I need, plus the color is cute.

As a tinted balm, it goes on really sheer and natural, which is perfect for no makeup or minimal makeup days.
The application is also nice and easy. The peach scent is slightly artificial, but not annoying, and goes away soon after applying the balm.

One major plus is that there is no bitter sunscreen taste in this balm! This is pretty rare in drugstore spf lip balms, which I really appreciate. It tastes a little sweet and peachy, but the flavor isn't strong. I would probably try other shades when the weather gets warmer, as I can see they would be very suitable for the summer.

on 1/6/2017 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Pick up the Fresh Strawberry one for $4.99 at a CVS. Needed a balm-stick with a hint of pink color - and this is it. Smells and tastes (sweet) of strawberry candy. I bet my 12-year-old would like this. Should have gotten the raspberry one - but the strawberry pink is natural/sheer and nice. SPF 20 is a bonus. Not a HG but fine for what it is. A twist-up chubby stick - easy to throw into the car or purse.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I did like pretty_please and bought the strawberry first to try these out. I liked it well enough to buy the berry and the peach. I use these for when I walk. They go on emollient with a nice light stain but after a couple of hours they feel waxy and uncomfortable instead of hydrating. So they're ok but they're not worth buying more. The peach I'll probably toss. It tastes very artificial. The berry is nice as far as taste and color and strawberry is ok.

on 12/16/2016 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Pros: conditions lips well, not greasy, great smell, noticeable but light touch of color

Cons: price, not a long-lasting option for winter weather but would probably be great in warmer weather

I bought the shade "sweet cherry" and I do like it. It is what is to be expected...a shiny, slightly tinted balm. No bells or whistles and the scent is actually just as described..a sweet cherry smell...Im not much of a cherry flavor person (usually tastes/smells like medicine to me) but I do like this one!

Only reason I say I wont buy again is because there are SO MANY tinted balms to try that I probably wont be coming back to this as its not really HG status..I liked the revlon lip butters more but sadly they were discontinued.