NYX Suede Matte Lip Liner (all shades)

NYX Suede Matte Lip Liner (all shades)

4.3

on 11/10/2017 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

very nice. doesn't fade thru out the day doesn't feather just stays right where you put it and the shades, beautiful!

Bought in shade called Alien. Goes well with my black lipsticks. Doesn't feather, or bleed into lip lines, makes lipstick more opaque and last longer. Helps to keep certain black lipsticks from bleeding. The only con is this is kind of dry, but it's a matte finish so that's to be expected. It doesn't drag as I'm applying it, so long as I have lip balm applied, so no points off for that. All in all a very good lip liner.

on 4/22/2017 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love these lip liners! I have 3 London, Soft Spoken, and Cherry skies. The colors are exactly the same as their matching lipsticks. I mostly wear these on their own they are truly matte, creamy, & very easy to apply. They last long. I like to mix soft spoken & London it creates a perfect nude-mauve color that gets a lot of compliments. I love them & I can't wait to try out more colors

on 3/30/2017 2:40:00 PM

I purchased the shade Whipped Cavier. I relied on pics of swatches that I scoured the internet for as NYX doesn't put out testers for their lower priced items at Ulta, & never has testers at locations like Target. When I looked the pencil, I was like "hell no." I tried it & this color is amazing! Applies very smoothly & isn't too drying. I can't speak to the longevity but I think it should last ok. I'm very happy with the quality & price of the liner. I will definitely be buying more, & I hope my local Target will stock them sometime soon.

on 9/16/2016 5:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is easily the worst lip liner I've ever tried.

I was impressed with the shade selection when I saw this product at Ulta, and ended up buying Stone Fox and Jet Set to match the respective Liquid Suede lipsticks. Big mistake. These were so bad I made the (very rare for me) decision to return them.

The application was awful. Inconsistent, waxy, clumpy (I kept having to remove small bits of product from my lips), and generally a hot mess. If that wasn't bad enough, it also had some sort of reverse feathering effect since it skipped over every area where I had even the smallest fine line around my lips - I've never seen anything like it.

Even my circa-1996 Revlon Street Wear pencil (that I've somehow never gotten rid of in 20 years) works better.

NYX, you're better than this.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I like all of the lipliners from NYX I have tried, but I think these are pretty phenomenal and don't seem to get the love that they deserve. In my opinion the Liquid Suede lippies don't really need a lipliner to go with them, so I was a little confused by NYX releasing the coordinating liners (I know it is all Lip Kit hype, but whatever, liquid lipsticks almost never need liner if the formula is good enough. That's another discussion for another day though.) I ordered a couple knowing that I probably would not be using them with the matching Liquid Suede lipstick because the colors looked really great. The formula of these pencils is really nice, a little softer and slightly more pigmented than the Slim Lip Pencil from NYX, and of course a little more matte as well. I got Kitten Heels, Tea and Cookies, Soft Spoken, and Vintage as those are colors that will go with a lot of my every day lipsticks. (The first three all happen to also be my favorite Liquid Suede shades, so clearly that part did still play a role in which ones I chose. I am a sheep, what can I say?) Tea and Cookies goes well with a lot of my MLBB type pinky nude lipsticks, and Soft Spoken goes great with deeper rosey shades and some mauves as well, and I use both of these pretty often. They work with all kinds of lipstick formulas, even the Liquid Suede, though they did not really affect the wear or the coverage but just gave a somewhat crisper lip line. Overall, I do love these pencils for use with basically anything BUT the lipsticks they're meant to go with, but they feel nice, last well, and the colors are gorgeous. I will definitely be purchasing some of the other colors at some point in the future since this is probably my favorite lipliner formulation from the drug store.