4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I'm surprised by this powder. I use it as a foundation but can see it would work well over liquid foundation as well because it is so light on the skin. I have dry skin and can still use this alone. After a few minutes and a spritz of rosewater it melts into my skin beautifully. I'd say it is light, maybe even light-medium coverage, the shade selection isn't exciting, but it is not cakey or drying. I use this mainly when I am on call at work for late nights that turn into mornings and I'd prefer to look alive.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Medium

2 years ago

This is one of the best powders that I have ever used. It doesn’t cake or clog pores. It makes my skin look perfectly smooth and matte. I use it as a setting powder and under my foundation (Goss method).

About reviewer (40 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I'm writing this review for a completely self-serving reason. I have the distinct impression that some dumbass at Maybelline is about to pull the plug on this powder. Because that's what they do at cosmetics companies: Fix what's not broken and discontinue what is awesome. Those of you who remember the tragic loss of Maybelline's other magic masterpiece powder, Dream Matte, will find a close approximation in this baby. It might even be better for those of you who like more coverage. This is more buildable--I would say to medium. It is relentlessly smooth, dry skin friendly, refuses to cake, and much like the other one, magically fixes potential foundation disasters so you don't have to desperately scrub down your face in your workplace bathroom. Can be used as a setting powder or a foundation. The package is bulky, but quality, and the sponge is good too. The lightest shade, 10 is doable for my NW 13/15 skin tone. It is very neutral, but a bit too dark. I would whine about the shade range, but that too is what cosmetics companies do: Make 12 shades of medium foundation, and one light and one dark one. Please buy this, because a) It's better than any drugstore powder out there, b) it's better than 85% of high end powders, and c) God knows what kind of crapfest they will replace it with. Thank you. (I know I can count on you.)

About reviewer (62 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

Really loving this powder. The coverage is light enough to make it feel like there's nothing on your face but still blurs pores and redness like a DREAM. I've been on a minimal makeup kick lately because I want my skin to breathe and to eventually not really need foundation at all so this is an awesome product. I don't want to string a bunch of juvenile sounding sentences together so I'll go ahead and just list the pro's, I don't have any con's. PRO'S: -great lasting power -light, natural looking coverage -blurs pores & redness -convenient packaging -doesn't transfer -doesn't oxidize -gentle on sensitive skin -not too yellow or pink -inexpensive

About reviewer (296 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

2 years ago

I break out so easily and this product not only stays on my face but doesn’t clog it. Finally!!!!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2 years ago

Saw some great reviews and decided to try this. Absolutely love it, I either use it over a liquid foundation or on its own. It is buildable and lasts for hours. Light to medium coverage, does not settle into wrinkles and fine lines. It is a very natural finish. I chose Classic Ivory which is perfect for my light/medium neutral skin tone. It does not seem to oxidise. Would definitely buy it again.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairSilver, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

I love this stuff! I am 65 with combination skin, large pores, redness and spider veins. Oh yes age spots too. I use the Maybelline Superstay Concealer and then sweep this on all over my face and I am done. My skin doesn't look absolutely perfect like with a full coverage foundation and tons of blending, but it looks natural and even. If I still see some problem pores a light pat with Coty Airspun powder and a powder puff takes care of that. This makeup is silky smooth and much more finely milled than mineral makeup. Super easy to touch up, travels well in your purse makeup bag and doesn't crease and gather in wrinkles like regular foundation does. I can still use blush and contouring too. After trying it I bought 2 more as back ups in case it gets discontinued.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairSilver, Wavy, Coarse

2 years ago

I got this in Coconut and I love it. Have had it for a little over a year and never knew when I would use it as translucent powder is my bestie. But I have been researching the buffing technique to get a flawless face. Gossmakeupartist has a YouTube video all about this. You do your whole face, set it then buff with a tinted powder. This is the one I chose. It certainly leaves all my makeup blended and a flawless look. I am very impressed and can finally see myself putting all my powder foundations to use again. The liquid foundation in this range is my hg foundation. Now I can pile this on top too. Will certainly repurchase.

About reviewer (623 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

2 years ago

This has a similar finish to the Beyond Perfecting powder foundation from Clinique, but that one can be built to medium coverage and this one doesn't quite get there. (Pretty darn close though). Does what it says. It SLIGHTLY smooths the skin and softens imperfections. The coverage is sheer to light. Some redness still peeks through, scars too obviously. The finish is matte (no sheen) but within an hour It has luminosity for me since I have oily skin. Its slightly less powdery looking than Maybelline Matte and Poreless powder. This powder is good for touching up the t-zone because it mattifies a little and provides light coverage at the same time. Its not good for setting the undereye area though. It tends to make my concealer crease and look cakey (Maybelline Age Rewind). For the undereye Covergirl Outlast powder works better, and the NYX HD translucent powder even better than the covergirl. So far this hasn't caused breakouts which is a miracle. It also DOESN'T exacerbate oiliness issues; you know how some powders make you look OILIER a few hours into wear than if you hadn't worn them in the first place? This one doesn't do that to me. Its more matte sister powder Maybelline Matte and Poreless makes me look like an oil slick later in the day sometimes. I would pick this one up over that one if you are looking for a matte powder foundation. I use this on its own for working out dusted over concealer, for touching up daily, to fix foundation mistakes, and for giving color to my face after setting with a loose powder that has an ashy finish. I fall around NC 42 in Mac and use 80 Rich tan which is fine (only a smidge darker than my skin. Slightly off color too). I Also Got Warm Nude, and that one its a shade too light (looks ashy) though the undertone is better for me (more golden/yellow). I have no complaints, I love the big mirror and sturdy packaging (even if its not that elegant looking). I have already repurchased and would recommend as a sheer to light coverage foundation for oily skin but not for setting the undereye area. If you are looking for an affordable matte setting/finishing powder instead of a powder foundation, I would suggest Covergirl Outlast Powder applied with a light hand. I use the Light/Medium shade. COTY Airspun is good too, but for the undereye I prefer translucent powders so for that area I would suggest NYX HD loose silica powder, or NO. 7 perfect light translucent loose powder. I always finish powder application with NYX Matte setting spray which I love FYI.

About reviewer (354 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

1.0

2 years ago

I bought this after reading positive review on various websites, including this one. When i saw it on sale at my local H&M I was quick to pick it up. At first i liked it, it gave me porcelain skin and had all these acne fighting ingredients. I have been struggling with acne for 5 years, i get these closed comedones all over my cheek that are really hard to remove, almost every oil i use clogs my skin up. At the time i purchased this powder my skin was doing much better I only got maybe 5-6 closed comedones on my face in total, but it soon became worse and i couldn't figure out why. Anyway when i packed for vacation I only packed my loose setting powder from nyx in order to save room. On vacation my face cleared up entirely, sea water really helps, the comedones just popped out. Terrified of the acne coming back I only used the same products I used on vacation for months after. When I ran out of my nyx powder I went back to the betterskin and then little by little I saw my skin getting clogged up again, and the only thing new in my regimen is this powder. I couldn't believe it, this was supposed to help with my skin not ruin it. So I checked the ingredient list and surprise, surprise what did i find hydrogenated palm oil, which not only has a rating 4-5 on the comedogenic scale but also is awful for the environment since rainforests are being destroyed in order to make room for palm oil plantations. So disappointed in this product and maybelline in general, but im also disappointed in myself for not checking the ingredient list. Def do not recommend, plenty of other products that deliver similar and better results. this product went straight to the trash.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age19-24