Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

3.8

on 2/7/2019 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Oh my goodness! I am amazed with this wonderful product. The only concealer I've ever purchased and used was Amazing Concealer. I used to use concealer only occasionally, so it rarely caused cysts. But these days I find myself needing concealer more and more. Amazing Concealer, beautiful as it is, destroys my skin with regular use. Aging is bad enough without bringing on the cystic acne to join the wrinkles.

I didn't really think it was possible to find a "creaseless" concealer, or a concealer that did not need to be set with "dreaded" powder (not so good around the eyes anymore). Shape Tape makes so very very happy. It costs less than Amazing Concealer, it doesn't crease, it doesn't need powder, and it covers beautifully. 34S Medium Sand it the shade for me. It's lighter than my skin/foundation, but it "melts in" and brightens all day long. So far, so good in the breakout department. I can definitely use this a few days in a row without a problem. Hopefully this will continue. If so, I've found a staple for sure!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

WORTH THE HYPE! I’ve been eyeing this for a while and hadn’t gotten it because they don’t have it in-store at Sephora and I couldn’t tell online what shade I would be. While placing an order from Ulta, I looked up a YouTube review of someone who looked like they had similar skin tone to mine. I’ve been using FitMe and Age Rewind but neither erases my inherited dark circles, even with color corrector and both require setting powder to reduce creasing.
I ended up getting 37G- medium tan as it appeared closest to my skin tone. As previous reviews have said, the applicator is huge...think lip gloss on steroids. I was cautious about the ridiculous size so I just put three small dots under my eye and blended it oh with a NYX blending sponge.
Holy sh*t! This went all under my eye and up to my cheekbone...as if I had done that whole triangle of concealer under the eye! Whatever color they mixed in seemed to counteract the sallow color of my dark circles without creating a gray cast like other concealers do (yes, even with a peach-tone corrector). Usually, there is coloring between my normal skin and my attempts at hiding my dark circle...not obvious but enough concealer/corrector/powder that no one is thinking I am wearing make-up.

on 8/11/2018 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have never tried a concealer better than this one! It's full coverage, lasts all day, and never creases (which is rare for me because my undereyes crease constantly with every other concealer I've used). You get a lot of product for your money as well. Overall, I am thoroughly impressed with this product, I genuinely believe I will use it for the rest of my life!!!

on 4/20/2018 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This concealer is my go to. I’m in my late 20’s and have pretty oily skin. A little goes a long way and blending this is like a dream. It looks best when blended with a damp beauty blender. Then translucent pore diminishing powder on top, but it could do without. The wand is chunky which is good because it covers just the right amount of surface area with one swipe under each eye. I will say, this is not a light, liquidy concealer - it is very thick and creamy. So a little goes a long way. This covers my dark circles like a dream. I’ve never seen it look powdery so idk what other reviewers mean but I will def be purchasing again. The only con with this is that it’s kinda messy after a while of inserting and removing the wand so the product gets built up and stuck on the rim where you screw it (kinda gross). But I’m ok with that as long as this formula stays the same! Ps also use a primer with this and if you don’t use primers..what are you doing reviewing stuff on here? That is all :)

I'm in love, y'all.

Before I start my review: my shade match is in Light Medium, which despite looking slightly pinker than the Nars Radiant Creamy in Custard on my hands, didn't really look any different from it on my face. I have combination to dry skin, with my undereye area fluctuating between dry and oily depending on the time of year (it's dry right now). I barely have any fine lines, but I do have mild darkness around my eyes and my nose and mouth that I like to colour correct with the Bobbi Brown colour corrector in Peach. And let me also tell you that any concealer I will ever use will be layered on top on this colour corrector, no matter how full coverage it is, and you can try and pry my Bobbi Brown from my cold, dead hands.

Anyway, now to the review: WHAT IS THIS SORCERY? How does this concealer not budge, patch up, crease or cake? It literally stays looking fresh for hours, and it's SO easy and quick to apply and work with. Love, love, love it.

How I apply it: I start with great skin prep. Vitamin C serum, lots of moisturiser (I use an especially thick moisturiser under my eyes), topped off with my favourite Avene emulsion sunscreen. I wait for all of this to sink into my skin (about 20 minutes) and then go straight in with my makeup. I'm not a fan of primers in general, but sometimes I'll use the Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow on top on my skincare if I'm feeling particularly frisky. I'll go in with my Bobbi Brown corrector, pat it out a thin layer of it under my eyes and other dark areas with my finger, let it set while I do my foundation (YSL All Hours mixed in with Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk), then I'll put tiny dots of concealer under my eyes, and around my mouth, and blend out with a beauty blender. Mind you, the Nars Radiant Creamy on me hates the beauty blender so I'd have to work that in with my fingers, but the Shape Tape loves my beauty blender, so all's good in the world again. I'll do my bronzer/blush/eyes next so that my concealer and foundation both get time to settle into any fine lines or whatever so I can blend those out and then go in with my Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish powder to set.

This is a gorgeous concealer that outshone any other high-end concealers I've ever used. I'd highly recommend lots of skin prep before using this to people with dry skin (which is good for your skin anyway). Otherwise, this is brilliant and I will repurchase when it runs out.

on 7/12/2017 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This concealer is expensive, but you get a lot and a little of this stuff goes a very long way.

I have extremely oily skin, everywhere but my undereye; that area is dry and creases, easily. Shape Tape has worked so well, for me. I do a light layer of color correction and then three small dots of Shape Tape under each eye, concentrating on the inner corner. I blend it out in a triangle formation and use what's left on my sponge on my lids as an eyeshadow primer. Then, I set the concealer with ELF's Undereye Setting Powder and I get NO creases. My undereyes look fresh and creaseless, for at least eight hours. I love the combination.

I will definitely be repurchasing.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- long wearing
- full coverage
- doesn't crease

CONS

- sets quickly

COMMENTS: Full coverage, long wearing concealer that sets quickly. Working in sections is recommended to make blending easier. A little goes a long way. It doesn't break up in warm weather or oxidize, either. Most importantly, it doesn't crease!

Will repurchase.

on 6/20/2017 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a must have. LOVE. Once you try it, you will see

on 6/18/2017 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great concealer! I have really prominent dark circles and this covers them beautifully. Really expensive but worth every penny! It's also really great at covering the dark spots on my face too! Love it!

on 5/27/2017 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Love it!! Best concealer for contouring and to hide those dark circles, sun spots, etc.. I use the "Light neutral" and it's my favorite concealer by far. I use NARS (vanilla) sometimes and I still use IT Illumination concealer medium time to time but I always go back to my Tarte Shape Tape : ) it lasts long and no creasing!! Honestly, so far the best concealer/contour I've used and tried : ) five thumbs up!