Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

3.6

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Best Concealer Ever!

Totally worth paying a little higher price for excellent quality. Amazi ng coverage, lasts all day, easy to blend.

Love it! Gotta have it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Shape Tape is no joke! This stuff is legit. All you need is a tiny dot on the spot you want to cover; a dot will conceal the under-eye area. It doesn't feel thick or cakey. I've had no issues with it settling into creases and fine lines, unlike the other concealers I've tried. I set it on my under-eyes with just a touch of brightening powder from Elf, but I wouldn't say it's necessary. It has a good amount of product and since I only use a tiny bit at once, I see it going a long way. Will repurchase.

on 8/11/2018 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I received a sample and it seemed like it was working well for the few days I tried it. I bought a tube and ended up not loving it for the long run. I'm a light-medium, neutral to warm/yellow shade and found that light-medium was a fine match, even though it said online it was for pink undertones. While this did provide coverage, it was too high maintenance for me. I prefer to use my fingers to apply concealer under my eyes to warm the product and get it patted in. Same for blemishes. For me, I find it gives the most natural looking coverage (I don't wear foundation or any face color, just concealer when needed). I have and use Tarte maricuja creaseless concealer and it applies this way great. I couldn't really get this to warm up and pat in. I sort of could, but it needed a brush or sponge to really pat or blend it in. This was WAY too dry for my skin, and caked and creased, even when I applied very little. I think if you do a ful, face of primer, blending, etc this might work well. This did provide good coverage with very little, just like my previous Tarte concealer, but the consistency just wasn't working for me. I returned it and will look for something else when the time comes. For now I'll use my Tarte maricuja concealer since I have quite a bit left and use so little.

on 6/22/2018 12:18:00 PM

I haven't written a review in a while, but its certainly not because I stopped searching for the perfect products. Concealer is, and always has been, at the tippy top of my priority list because I have the worst dark circles. Add my natural aging along with it, and now they're dark AND a bit creasy. I have absolutely, no exaggeration, sampled at least 90% of the concealers that are available to consumers. For 20+ years, I've been trying different ones constantly. Nars, BM, MAC, Loreal, Cle de peau, Covergirl, and on and on and on. sometimes they'd work okay (most were total failures), but none had ever covered, stayed, and not creased, not looked dried and cakey, etc. I had to settle (no pun intended) for what I could get, and just deal. I finally tried Tarte Shape Tape, and the moment I'd been waiting for since I was a teenager, finally happened. This stuff covers, looks flawless, stays all day, and does not crease. I discovered that I have to use my finger, and lightly dab it, adding light layers until covered. it dries so quickly, so you have to work fast and use very small amounts at a time. I used a couple different brushes, and it went on WAAAAAY too heavy. haven't tried a blender yet, but my finger works so perfectly that I don't really plan on it. I just sweep a bit of powder on and it's good to go for the whole day. Wish it was in a squeeze tube, cause I don't use the big clunky doe foot applicator at all, except to dab it onto my fingertip. Also, of course I wish it was less expensive, but it's not so unreasonable that I can't keep it on hand all the time. Praise the concealer gods that I finally found this product!

on 5/18/2018 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am disappointed with this concealer. I tried it on at Ulta and the salesperson kept saying how fantastic it is and I caved. Maybe I expect too much from a concealer, but on me it wasn't a holy grail at all. I have bad dark undereye circles and dry skin and the Tarte seemed to find every little line. I applied over eye cream and NYX color corrector (love that!) and It did give good coverage but it dried down thick and cakey.

I need to try it by itself, not over the color corrector. So far, I like Lancome's Effacernes and By Terry Touche Veloute much better.

Its so cakey, it adds +10-15 ages to your face. It might work when u have very oily skin but if ur skin is normal/dry, avoid this concealer. Coverage is medium to full.

I guess those beauty influencers really are paid by these companies....I expected SO much out of this concealer. I have dry skin and redness that normally I can get away by covering with just concealer, but the shape tape was not near as full coverage as was claimed, it creased like crazy under my eyes, while clinging onto every dry patch on my skin. I love the packaging and the huge applicator but the product itself is not worth the hefty price tag. I'm happier using my $7 maybelline concealer.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Just ok. I bought this due to the hype and it just didn't deliver. It didn't hold up well enough throughout the day, even with my best primer.
Merle Norman's Cover Up concealer is the best I've tried and does a much better job. Natural, very long-wearing, pigmented and no milia. One tube lasts me ages and it's much more hygienic than the wand in Shape Tape.
Back to Merle! I just can't depend on this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have very bad dark circles that are sunken. They may be due to genes, allergies, age, I don't know but they are not going anywhere so I must deal with them. I am always looking for good concealers. You can say I am obsessed. This concealer covers and doesn't fade or crease badly. I hate that it has a scent. Why? The huge doe foot is stupid. You cannot apply the concealer with it. And I end up getting too much on with it even though I dab.I found a good match in light medium neutral. I'm NC20 in MAC.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this product... makes my skin look great and not oily