Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

3.9

on 1/17/2019 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Use NYC eyeshadow primer before the shape tape!! I used a concealer brush and my finger! I it lasted all day and I am very happy with the results!!!

on 1/7/2019 10:07:00 AM

Wow. My new concealer!

I use this for my eyes/undereyes only, not as a highlighter.

I've seen the reviews and was skeptical....mmmffff....really? ANOTHER hyped up product? How many people are getting paid to write all this? They don't understand, these young'uns...they don't have the eyebags I've had to fight all my life, now progressively getting worse with poor sleep.

So.

I've always been a fan of Tarte - in fact, the concealer I have been using for years (looks like they don't even make this anymore) was the Maracuja concealer, rated 5 in my last review. When I went to look for it last, it looked like a whole new spectrum of "creaseless" concealers they sold at Sephora. Was I honey? Sand? Light-neutral? I tried and tried, and I just couldn't get the right colour (I was mixing light and medium in the past).

Tarte Shape Tape was only available in the US, and not in Canada, so when I saw it was available online on Tarte, I wanted to order it, but didn't have a clue which colour. So luckily I had a trip down to the US for work, and stopped by Ulta.

Here's my take, and hope it works for you:

PROSs:
- There's a lot of product in there for that tube
- Fair pricing for the amount of product
- It stays put! I got a pit of mascara, and so hygienically licked my pinky to rub it off, but the concealer stayed on! Nice!
- It applies in a nice thin layer - it doesn't give me the feeling I'm wearing a lot, but it covers!
- It dries (nicely) - thought I liked the Maracuja concealer, because it was so "moist", it would pull some of my eyeliner from my waterline - I don't have this with Shape Tape
- Nice powdery finish (not dry powedery) - I use a bit on my upper lid which evens out my skin discolouration, without leaving a cakey thick layer on my lid
- A little goes a long way
- Natural ingredients and is vegan!

CONs:
- Getting to and then using the right amount is tough - a little goes a long way but that day you put too much on, it will cake and sit in your lines.
- Not a fan of the doe-foot applicator as it goops at the top of the applicator like eyeliner and mascara tubes....but seems like the thing to do for all make up brands

Good luck! I'm personally loving it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product is A M A Z I N G! I have it in shade Light Neutral and it's the best! I wear it everyday, especially on days where I didn't get much sleep the night before and it makes me look like I had a good night's rest. It conceals my dark under eye circles and redness unlike any other concealer I've tried before it. It also smells pretty good and the doefoot applicator is H U G E, combined with a product that is thick, I only need a small dot under my eyes and that's enough to conceal (of course, I apply more product if I've had a particularly bad night, but the most I've ever needed was three dots). It also doesn't transfer and lasts all day!

on 1/18/2018 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Even though I had help from an Ulta sales associate I ended up buying AND returning 3 different shades of Shape Tape before finding the correct shade. It is an awesome product once you find the right shade. I found that it is long lasting, not greasy and doesn't settle into my under eye lines. I use a nice concealer brush that I bought at Sephora to apply. I am in my 60's and it is not always easy to find a product that looks this good on aging skin. Tarte just came out with Shape Tape Foundation and I can't wait to try it! .... not that I need anymore makeup mind you.

on 10/22/2017 8:08:00 AM

Best concealer I have ever used !
Use several tiny dots & get a good concealer brush like # 57 sephora to apply . I love it for my inner eye corners & occasional redness here & there. It is expensive but lasts forever & is really well packaged to keep product fresh. It is quite thick & lasts all day. I like the hard tube as opposed to the soft squishy tubes. I had to order online. You are not likely to find this at your neighborhood mall or drugstore!

It's simply the best....better than ALL the rest! :P It covers my raccoon dark circles, it doesn't need setting and looks flawleleleless! :) I use the shade "light sand" which is a very light shade with yellow undertones ideal for NC15 skin. It sucks up the oils, so always use a moisturising eyecream underneath. It works better for oily/ combo or normal skin!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I usually don't give in to concealer hype, but I'm so glad I did with this one.
I use it strictly under my eyes and down the bridge of my nose. I use the shade Fair, which is light enough to brighten my extremely fair skin. It amazingly does not crease, which I love because I hate being obligated to use setting powder. The only other concealer I've found that doesn't crease is the Lorac Porefection Concealer, but this looks more natural due to slightly less coverage and dries more matte. However, the Lorac is more hygienic and more concentrated. I do think the Lorac would be better for more dry skin types, as this does have a drier/matte texture.
This hasn't broken me out, which a lot of concealers (low and high end) have. It doesn't seem to have a fragrance, which I love.
Essentially, the hype is real. Besides the packaging and the price (which isn't too bad), it's the perfect undereye concealer. I never thought I'd stray from the LA Girl Pro Conceal or the Lorac Porefection, but I find myself wanting to reach for this most.
Highly recommend. A+

on 4/1/2017 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This concealer is definitely way hyped. And let me tell you the hype is real!! Where can I start?? I have it in Fair. It's perfect for my pale skin. I can get a beautiful, creaseless under eye highlight. The coverage is amazing. It's cruelty free. Easy to blend. I like the big packaging and applicator. I only need to pull out the wand one time to conceal everything on my face. A little goes a long way. I think the price is fair and the quality is phenomenal. Sooo happy I've found a cruelty free concealer I'm in love with...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an one of a kind concealer. It provides amazing coverage without it being too drying. I would purchase this again and again. One con that I have is the applicator. It's a bit big for my liking and that it pumps the bacterias back into the bottle after making contact with my skin. I understand this is a typical concealer packing but I wish it was in a tube form or something.

Overall, I gotta say that this concealer is worth the hype if you want fuller coverage. This ain't something for the ladies that wants the "no makeup" makeup look tho.

on 1/9/2017 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is as amazing as everyone says it is. FINALLY a concealer to hide these dark circles! I have spent years trying to find the best concealer (especially for my pale white skin) and to compare a few, it's much thinner than the mac studio fix pots as it is a cream, but has similar coverage without creasing- compared to the makeup forever tube concealers (either one) it is much thicker and covers much better! I would never buy another concealer if you can get your hands on this.