Tarte Shape tape

Tarte Shape tape

4.1

on 10/22/2017 8:08:00 AM

Best concealer I have ever used !
Use several tiny dots & get a good concealer brush like # 57 sephora to apply . I love it for my inner eye corners & occasional redness here & there. It is expensive but lasts forever & is really well packaged to keep product fresh. It is quite thick & lasts all day. I like the hard tube as opposed to the soft squishy tubes. I had to order online. You are not likely to find this at your neighborhood mall or drugstore!

on 10/20/2017 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This concealer is my holy grail! I started using this only recently and I'm already in love. I have a lot of hyper pigmentation around my cheek area and along my jawline, as well as occasional breakouts, so I've tested a fair share of concealers but couldn't find one which would completely satisfy my needs. This concealer helps cover those flaws up pretty well without looking cakey. I wasn't too sure about this at first but then I compared it to my other favorites- maybelline fit me and nars radiant creamy concealer- and I honestly liked this better (the amazing coverage being one of the reasons)
It covers pretty good for the undereyes as well.
This is definitely suitable for those who have any kind of scarring or acne on their face since its coverage is pretty heavy, however I use it as a day to day concealer as well, a little goes a looong way. Most people use up too much product in one go then complain if it ends up looking cakey. So I'd suggest using a minute amount.
In conclusion everybody's skin is different and even though I'm very happy with this product, it may not be suitable for them, so I'd recommend getting a sample first.

on 10/17/2017 10:24:00 AM

I really disliked this at first, but because I picked the wrong shade and used too much. When the skin is prepped well, and the concealer is used sparingly, it adds just the right amount of coverage and brightening, at least for the under eye area. I think picking the right shade is crucial for this one.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I finally decide to try it and I'm not a fan. I try to apply the slightest amount possible, but no matter what it looks so heavy. It emphasizes fine lines a lot. When applied over foundation, it's so sticky it sort of pulls away the foundation when you try to blend it out so covering pimples doesn't really work well either. I don't understand how girls can pile this on under the eyes and all over the face everyday. Another thing that bugs me is the massive applicator when this is clearly a product that should be applied lightly.

It's simply the best....better than ALL the rest! :P It covers my raccoon dark circles, it doesn't need setting and looks flawleleleless! :) I use the shade "light sand" which is a very light shade with yellow undertones ideal for NC15 skin. It sucks up the oils, so always use a moisturising eyecream underneath. It works better for oily/ combo or normal skin!

Amazing coverage, just pretty expensive.

on 10/4/2017 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm always make-up hunting and recently was recommended this by someone in the office who always looks amazing. I figured if I didn't like it, I'd just return it, but it's a keeper! I have dark circles right where my nose and eyes meet. Not dark circles under my eyes, but at that point. I used YSL for years, but now that I'm nearly 50, it wasn't enough coverage. This stuff stays on and gives great coverage, yet undetectable. The product is great, but the wand is not any good in my opinion. I actually have been using the YSL brush to put on the product. You really only need the slightest dab to cover the eye area. I'm very fair and usually use the lightest color, but use light instead of fair for a perfect match. I love that they have shades for people even fairer than I am (for example my red-headed alabaster-skinned niece.) I purchased it at Ulta and was very happy I tried to match before buying it. At the Ulta I purchased, they keep the Shape Tape behind the counter, so people haven't used what you are buying. Very happy with purchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I looooove this concealer! Bought it after I heard all the hype about it and it did not disappoint! It's very highly pigmented with a gel-like consistency and texture, it feels cool and hydrating on the skin. I dot it under my eyes and blend it out with my favorite undereye concealer brush- the Real Techniques Setting Brush. My skin is kind of a light tan color right now (I wear Milk Makeup Matte Blur Foundation in Medium Tan) and I wear this in Tan Sand. I blend it quickly before it dries because once it's set it's SET and it's PERFECT. Then, I just use a damp Beauty Blender to dab some banana powder on top of this and I'm good to go.

on 10/9/2017 1:20:00 PM

I have considered having fillers.under my eyes because my circles are so bad. Nothing seemed to work before I tried this (and I have tried everything from creams to liquids). I was sceptic at first because I tought that this couldn't be any better than all the products I have already tried. But it is. I don't know how. It doesn't crease and stays on all day. I use UD naked corrector underneath it (the pink one really brightens) and finally my horrible dark circles are hidden!

on 10/6/2017 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I really wanted to like it. People hyped it up so much, but... nope.

In short, if you have very fair skin, swatch this in store before you buy. Because for me, the lightest shade is WAY too dark.

The concealer itself isn't bad, it has very good coverage. It's also got a lot of product inside for a cheaper price than other high-end concealers. It's just the shade range that is bad. Currently I mix in the BH Cosmetics white concealer to make it work. If you are very fair as well, I'd go with Kat Von D's concealer instead - it goes much lighter.