Tarte Shape tape

Tarte Shape tape

on 12/12/2017 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Mildly drawn to this product by the hype, but more so since I will try anything to conceal the hereditary dark (dark!) circles under my deep set eyes. Then, I tried it at Ulta over my IT bye bye Under eye concealer. Well, I was sold. Trotted out of the store excited to find my holy grail. Wrong. First of all, it does work well blended with the IT product. But I simply do not wish to do all the blending and prodding on a daily basis. And even if I go out barefaced, concealer under my eyes (and in a few other spots) is a must.

Alone, it's nothing special. Lightly applied it does not cover. More product, it looks cakey and dry after a while.

Pro: I like the fat wand.

I'll use this until it's empty, because it was pricey, but I won't miss it. To date, the best concealers I've used are NYX products. All good.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Well like in the other comments you get a big ass wand inside. But I personally like that because you can get a couple of areas at a time if you know what you're doing. I personally got a shade that was waaaaaaay to light for my nc45 complexion. but I mix it with another concealer and it does well. I don't see what the hype was about. It doesn't do anything any different than a concealer from the drugstore. the scent is soo overwhelming to me. I usually don't have a problem with makeup being scented but this kind of took me by surprise. Its a good concealer. Not bad at all. Love the cute packaging. But tarte is always on point with that. With that being said its nice. Not magic like you tubers made it out to be, but nice.

on 11/27/2017 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This product is so over-hyped by influencers that I never thought it would actually live up to its reputation. I was wrong - this is an excellent concealer.

This stuff is so incredibly pigmented (-cue YouTuber voice- SOOO pigmented, wow you guys). You need barely anything to cover dark spots and circles. I now cringe every time I watch an influencer with mild discoloration packing this on in a thick triangle of concealer under each eye - you need about a quarter of what they put on (even those of us, like myself, with hereditary dark circles), and I have to imagine they are soaking up most of the product in their sponges, because there is no way this would blend out well if you had that much on. Don't do that - you don't need it, and you're just wasting product.

I do about two dabs of product under each eye, and it completely covers my circles. I can honestly say that no other concealer, including Bye Bye Undereye, has done as good job. This product dries down a lot - there is nothing creamy about it. I have oily skin, so this usually works for me, although it can get caked up in my undereye dryness sometimes. It also makes it very long-lasting and pretty resistant to creasing (although you'll get a few lines throughout the day).

They have a decent range of colors, although, as always, a bit more diversity towards the darker end of the spectrum would be welcome. I'm taking off one star because it has issues on skin that is remotely dry, as undereye areas often are, and because the fragrance irritates my eyes on bad allergy days. There is no reason for a concealer to be scented, especially if it is made to go near the sensitive eye area - all we care about is whether or not it works. It's also only available at ULTA and is something that you probably want to swatch on yourself before buying, as it's so pigmented, you're in a bit of a situation if you aren't accessible to an ULTA store.

At $27, this isn't exactly cheap. However, you receive a decent amount of product and really need a tiny amount to cover significant discoloration, so I expect this to last me awhile. Definitely worth a try, if you have serious dark circles or hyperpigmentation that other concealers have failed to cover.

on 11/26/2017 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Talk about a YouTube-made-me-buy-it. Everyone and their mom was raving about this concealer so I figured I’d test it out. I had to buy it directly off of tarte’s website so selecting shades online was a little tricky. I get the sense that the shades run a bit light so keep that in mind if selecting online.

This isn’t the worse concealer I’ve tried, but it’s definitely the least natural looking one. The coverage is insane, so if that’s your one and only concern, than give er a shot. But its too much for everyday wear. You can really tell where you’ve used the product unless you’re also wearing a full coverage, full face of make up with it. Not only that, this looks so very dry under my eyes. If you have dry skin, I definitely don’t recommend. I think it probably looks amazing in front of bright studio lights but in real daylight? It looks a little too crazy for me. I had another gf try it and she also didn’t like it. Thought it was too much and ended up cakey on her combo skin.

Great shade range and no scent to the product (yay!). Also love that it’s cruelty free. Too bad it just looks so unnatural on my skin. Would not repurchase and would not recommend to be honest.

With all it's hype, I was expecting more. This is only good if you are wearing full coverage foundation to match it, otherwise it looks thick and cakey. it also dries really quickly sometimes making blending difficult and can crease if you don't set it immediately. While I liked the idea of the bigger applicator when swatching it in store, in application it gives off way too much product to be effective. When I wore this with my GA Luminous Silk foundation, no matter how much I blended, it was too heavy and I could see break up where it met the foundation. This doesn't hold a candle to my Nars Radiant, and I even prefer the UD Naked to this as well. That being said, when I'm going full coverage for events and photo shoots, I usually reach for this over Nars Radiant. I'm really not sure why this is such an influencer must have.

I'm absolutely devastated that I'm having to write this review, because I did LOVE the way this concealer looked on my skin. It's full coverage (it even covers a scar I have on my face), matte without making my combination skin look crispy and has great staying power.

HOWEVER, it breaks me out massively. My skin isn't too sensitive, so at first I changed out my foundation and moisturiser, but no, this concealer is the culprit :(

Unfortunately I'm in the UK so can't return it, but if you're in a country where you can swap if it causes you problems, I'd definitely at least try it, because before the acne it worked amazingly for me!

on 11/16/2017 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love it!! Best concealer for contouring and to hide those dark circles, sun spots, etc.. I use the "Light neutral" and it's my favorite concealer by far. I use NARS (vanilla) sometimes and I still use IT Illumination concealer medium time to time but I always go back to my Tarte Shape Tape : ) it lasts long and no creasing!! Honestly, so far the best concealer/contour I've used and tried : ) five thumbs up!

on 11/14/2017 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this because everyone hyped it up, but it really was not a good product. 1. the applicator was huge and just weird, but that’s just my personal opinion. 2. it was suuuper dry. i would put it on and have to blend it immediately or it would dry up and become (3.) really hard to blend. (4.?) maybe i just bought a shade too light, but it gave off flashback, and by the end of the day you could see where i applied it even in natural lighting.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Given all the hype, I had expected more from this concealer. I have dry skin with genetic VERY dark circles and slight under eye hollows. I had bought the shade Light Medium Honey for my NC25, slightly olive complexion, in hopes it would cover those circles. It was FAR too light and left my undereye area looking gray and ashy. I prefer a more natural look and I’m not a fan of the mega highlighted Kardashian-eqsue concealer technique.

Performance wise, this fell flat, too. It creased like nobody’s business and was so drying to my skin, setting powder left it looking like a cakey mess. Even trying it without setting powder emphasized every last fine line and pore on my face. I didn’t feel that the coverage was as full as others have experienced and overall, I was extremely disappointed. I tried it with various primers, on bare skin, everything, but no luck.

While the doe foot applicator is HUGE, I didn’t think it was much of a problem. I would dot it under my eyes and blend with a damp beauty blender. Had the shade been a better match for me, I still don’t think I would have liked it very much.

At $27 , I think it’s way too pricey for the quality. However, I did appreciate that it did not clog my pores or irritate my skin.

I had to buy this online (which is not always a great idea, because you can't swatch anything) but I have zero regrets!

Wish Shape Tape was sold at Sephora, it is so good. Now, I was afraid that this formula would be too heavy for my dry skin, but as a matter of fact as long as I stay away from my undereye and use it anywhere else on the face - it works like magic. No need to set it with powder, it does everything on its own.

If you buy these online, check out Ulta's description first (they did a good job and I managed to find a colour-match in no time). I use Light Neutral and it is the best thing created for someone with neutral undertone and light skin (duh!). If you want more application tips and swatches, my in-depth review here might help (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/11/07/A-Rather-Large-Tarte-Haul). Hope you guys find it helpful!