Tarte Shape tape

Shape tapeShape tapeShape tape

4.1

on 1/20/2017 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

It looks beautiful first applied, BUT IT TURNS COLOR ? It turns 2-3 shades darker after a couple minutes of wear :( have to return this, sad because it had such a nice natural texture and long wear.

on 1/20/2017 12:19:00 PM

I bought into the hype hoping this would cover my dark circles without creasing,but it's extremely thick, didn't have great coverage and majorly aged me and made every single small line look worse, I'm 33 and don't have that many wrinkles but this made me look like I did, tried blending and using it several times but I could stand how it felt or looked on my skin, I'll be returning

on 1/19/2017 9:03:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I was in Ulta one day when a Tarte representative pointed out Shape Tape to me, explained it was a new product and how it was good coverage. So, I decided to give this a try and lucked out because they had only 2 of the Fair colors left (which is perfect for me as it matches my skin tone perfectly). It took a couple of applications before I got this down to a science. I use the tiniest dab of Shape Tape under my eye and blend it out with a flat concealer brush. The little dab is enough to do under one eye and feather out, inner corner and eyelid. I let it dry which doesn't take long because of a thin application. I don't use any setting powder unless it is hot or humid and the Shape Tape lasts all day until I remove it at night. The smell is pleasant, the packaging is convenient, applicator is nice and coverage is excellent. This Shape Tape will last me almost forever but when I do run out I will definitely be purchasing another! Can you tell I love this product!

Bought into the hype. I have given this time and tried in every way possible. No matter what I do this leaves my skin looking so dried out and caked. The color is perfect for my skin tone however I noticed it just doesn't cover dark circles the way my NARS and urban color correcting do even at initial application. I noticed I never can actually get the product worked in well enough into the small lines under my eyes ...which leaves a sight for at the end of the day. The formula separates and flakes pretty badly on my skin. And what does stay, is there caked until the end of the day. Really wanted to love and tried hard to make it work.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Ugh this is literally the BEST concealer I have ever tried. Ever. And I have tried a lot. My only complaint is that they don't sell this in Sephora and it's constantly sold out online. But only because it's so amazing ❤️

on 1/17/2017 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really enjoy this product, but oh boy does it ever oxidize. I was holding off on buying the lightest shade and waiting for the next lightest one to come into stock. Oops, that was a mistake! When you swatch them in store, the lightest shade is SO light. I'm very fair, but I hate having reverse racoon eyes.

The second lightest shade matched me perfectly initially, but I made the mistake of not leaving them on long enough for them to dry down. The coverage and finish are great imo, I always set my undereye concealer by pressing some silica powder over it, and it works beautifully with this product. Sadly, the second lightest shade makes my undereyes rather dark, so I only use it on days I'm feeling very lazy and don't really care. I'll be buying the lighter shade eventually when I happen to see it in stores.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think I'm the only person on the planet who isn't completely blown away by Shape Tape. I've tried this every possible way, with every possible application. I just can't seem to make it work. It just dries down into a pretty matte finish on me & definitely does not mix with powder. It just always looks & feels SO caked on. It's so frustrating to me. I really want to love it..

The formula is good & 100% full coverage. The applicator is fantastic! It's probably my favorite thing about the whole product. There's something so satisfying about the sound it makes, like it's brand new, every time you pull the wand out, as if you're breaking the seal. lol! The large applicator is great and oh my, a little goes a long way! I started out using it like I would Nars Creamy Concealer, by drawing the upside down triangles, line down my nose, lines between brows, etc.. what a mistake! You just need to dot a little in each place. It really blends in & moves around nicely, covering a large area. The product settles nicely & dries down quickly, but not too fast so you're able to place & blend as needed. It seems like the final result already has powder built in, so that's why powder or baking isn't necessary (in my case) at all. I want to say that's the problem, but I can't. Because I've only been using it alone, with no powder & it's still just too much! Also, make sure if you're using with a beauty blender, that it's not too damp.. It'll cause problems. I've done that a few times & it messed up my entire base! I've had to take a makeup wipe & start over with foundation/primer, etc.. The finish with a beauty blender that's too wet, is little holes everywhere. The sponge needs to be slightly damp & that's it!

I'm going to keep on working with this concealer & I've just ordered a couple more colors. I'm not giving up, just yet. If there's so many people in love with it, it's got to be me??! I'm just frustrated by the whole thing. In the meantime, I'm going to stick with my Dior Concealer stick & just dotting it in the inner corners & down, blending it in with my fingers. That's all that seems to work, as of late..

I hate to leave such a neutral review, but I just wanted to be honest and express all the ways I've been using it & all of my epic fails trying to achieve what everyone else is. There's got to be others struggling, too right?🙈 Will update if I ever get it right!

✘❍'s 💕💋

on 1/13/2017 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I love the finish of this concealer. It has next level coverage and seriously does not crease. I also love the applicator on this. It's just the right size to pick up the right amount of product. My only con is that the shade range is lacking! Tarte needs to do better with their available shades. Overall, I highly recommend this to any one who likes full coverage concealer that lasts all day.

I have a full review and swatches on my blog!

I like this concealer, but I don't love it. I find that the shades run light and that it can be a tad drying. It is very heavy coverage and does not sit well under a light coverage foundation - they just don't look right together. That said, with practice I may like this better. I still find myself reaching for my Lancome waterproof.

on 1/12/2017 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Worth the hype! I absolutely love this concealer. I've got the shade Medium, which is a tad dark for my winter skin, but should work well in summer. The formula is thick and creamy, applies very smoothly without creasing or smearing all over my face. It's rich pigmentation hides my undereye circles with ease. It's a little pricey but so so worth it. If you can get your hands on it (it's constantly sold out for a reason!) I suggest you pick it up.

Pros:
Rich, creamy formula
Very pigmented
Blends easily
Doesn't cake up in under eye area

Cons:
Pricey
Constantly sold out