Tarte Shape tape

Tarte Shape tape
Shape tapeShape tapeShape tapeShape tapeShape tape

4.1

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

First off, let me start by saying that I believe this product is way overhyped. I believe that if it wasn't for the huge exposure and sponsorships from beauty gurus and Youtubers, this product wouldn't be as hyped up as it was.

I feel like its only fair to start with what I liked about this product. Once again, Tarte has done a wonderful job with the packaging. Not only does the packaging look cute, this product also has a huge doe foot applicator which is similar to the one in the Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation. The applicator makes it quick and easy to disperse product evenly over the face. Also, because the formula is thick, you only need a little bit of product to get the job done, which therefore, in my opinion, justifies the price.

With that all said, I'm still not impressed with this concealer. The shade range is not all that great. I ended up purchasing Tan Sand, which was recommended to me by an Ulta employee. I found that the shade was a little light for me, so I looked into getting a different shade (P.S. I should mention that I like a highlighted under eye, but not a REALLY highlighted under eye, if you know what I mean. Tan Sand gave me that really highlighted under eye that I didn't like) The next shade in their shade range is Deep, which is exactly my skin tone, so with that said, I feel that Tarte needs just needed one more shade to fill in the gap. Also because the formula is so thick, the concealer creases on you like crazy. I even tried to use small amounts to prevent this, but no matter what I did, it would still crease on me.

In conclusion, I wanted to like this product so badly, but it just didn't work out for me. I feel like if they added maybe 1 or 2 more shades for women of color as well as reformulate the product do that it doesn't crease as much, then I would most definitely consider repurchasing

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This product did not work for me. This product has been really hyped about for months. So I eventually decided to give it a try. It did not work for me. My first thoughts of applying the concealer were how thick it was and I knew it couldn't be a good look for my under eye area.. Oh my gosh. The concealer was SO drying and settled in ever line imaginable. Even my husband commented on it. That's when you know.... I returned the Tarte Shape tape the next day.

Sorry, I just couldn't do it with this concealer. I really wanted to love it, after trying forever to get a pale shade of this. Here are my issues:
(1) Why the heck did they create such a HUGE doe foot applicator for this? Its so unnecessary. Especially since you only get product on the very tip anyway with the design of the tube.
(2) Even with getting a tiny bit of makeup on the tip of the doe foot applicator this stuff is THICK. Like Molasses thick. Which is good if you are looking for extreme coverage but the average woman probably doesn't need to put paste on her face on a daily basis. And for $24 dollars a tube, I should be able to use this every day.
(3) This stuff was hard for me to blend because it was so thick, I used a damp beauty blender or my fingers and I had to be extremely sparing with the product I was applying.
(4) CREASING - what in the actual hell? I don't know how people are getting this to not crease. Even setting this with powder, not even 20 minutes later this has settled into lines I didn't even know I had. And it is so drying that it makes the lines look even worse. I kept wanting to wet the area to try and fix the lines. So glad I wear glasses at work so you couldn't really see them with my glasses on.
(5) OXIDATION - I bought this in one of the lightest shades for some brightening and because I am pale. Within an hour this was orangey.
All in all I am not sure what I did wrong with this concealer. I am glad that so many people like this stuff, but for the ladies (and men) having issues - it is NOT just you honey.

Full Size Image

I really, really tried to love this, but oh my goodness this stuff is so drying. It was also very difficult for me to find a good color match - most colors were either way too pink/peachy or way too light in the shades within my skin tone range. It covered decently well, but nothing spectacular - I've had similar results from cheaper concealers. Maybe the skin under my eyes is too dry for this product, but I found it accentuated every bit of dryness possible. Not a fan, unfortunately, although I have tried to love it :(

Best high end concealer in my opinion! This is the only concealer I've ever tried that I don't have to set with powder under my eyes, it doesn't crease. The coverage is very nice, I expected a little more, but then it would be unwearable for an everyday look so I think it's perfect. It looks really natural while being so full coverage.

Wow. A wonderful product. I live in Canada so this concealer is unavailable here and I have gone to great lengths to get my hands on it due to all the buzz around it. My personal verdict is that it does live up to its hype, maybe it evens surpasses the hype.
To begin, the wand is the biggest I've ever seen in a concealer. It's so huge that you need the tiniest dab of product to cover whatever needs to be covered. It smells flowery and pleasant (something to take into consideration if you are sensitive to perfume in cosmetics/have sensitive skin). It covers extremely well: I chose the shade Light (which has a pink undertone) and it is beautiful. It brightens my eyes while appearing very natural.
The selling point for me is the lasting power: I cannot believe how long this concealer lasts. It lasts all day long without a single crease and no oxidation whatsoever - which is usually an issue for me. I apply it with my ring finger and don't set it.
I've tried countless concealers and I find they always crease and turn into a nasty mustard color. This one is definitely HG status in my books.
If you live in the US (or are willing to pay an obscene amount of money for shipping - haha), you MUST try this product. I cannot imagine how someone would be disappointed by it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This was horrible for me. I don't understand the hype. I've tried so hard to make this work for me, and it just doesn't. And I know what I'm doing. It doesn't blend, it's so tacky and somehow ridiculously dry at the same time. At the end of the day, my undereyes look like crumpled up paper bags. I don't even have dry skin! I've tried all kinds of prep and application methods to no avail. I also had a similar experience with NARS RCC (though not this bad, I can still kinda use that one), so maybe this consistency of product just isn't for me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

One of the best concealers on the market. The hype is real! Worth the $24. Will buy again. Love!

THIS IS SO GOOD. And I mean SO good. Worth the hype in my opinion. It covers everything super easily and dries down into a nice matte finish. Before this, I used to use the Nars liquid concealer and I went through several tubes of it... it was nice and I was fine with the coverage but I felt like it ran out really quickly and I had to repurchase way too often. The wand on the shape tape concealer is huge and it's kind of weird but you get used to it eventually. It hasn't broken me out yet and I find that it's pretty water resistant.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Miracle in a tube. I have no idea what sort of voodoo magic they did on this concealer but I like it. I have the worst hereditary dark circles that are nearly impossible to cover up. No concealer has ever quite done the job.... until now ;) there's a reason people love this stuff. It really works. It's full coverage yet so smooth and easy to blend. A little goes a long way. I apply with the doe foot applicator and blend out with my ring finger for the best coverage. I've already purchased again ;)