Tarte Shape tape

Tarte Shape tape

4.1

on 8/14/2017 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I don't understand the hype here. This creases like nobody's business. It provides good coverage so I've given it 2 lippies.

on 8/14/2017 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

This concealer does not play around, it is extremely high coverage. It doesn't excellent job of hiding anything I ask it to. However, I cannot quite find my perfect shade and I am not a fan of the applicator. I do not use it day today as I feel it is a bit heavy but when I want to do a full face it is my best option.

I am honestly disappointed. For the price, this concealer is bad. It did moderately cover my dark circles, I'll give you that, but not fully. And even when I bake it- IT. ALWAYS. CREASES. I apply it and it basically says- "Hm, these creases are comfy. I think I'll settle down for a bit." I don't really get the good reviews. I wrote a good review about this earlier, before I found out. It is good for the first couple uses then it all goes to hell. I would expect more from Tarte. And if your thinking "oh maybe it's the primer or the foundation.." nope. I've tried multiple different primers, foundations, BB creams and lots of other things. I can only say two good things: 1) moderately covers dark circles.

on 8/6/2017 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I wish I had bought this sooner as it pretty much answers all my concealer needs. I have never found a concealer that lasted all day without creasing and without a need for setting. I don't mind the large doe-foot and have not had any issues with excess product on the sides. A little goes a long way and it shears out nicely with a moist beauty sponge.
I feel like it almost "dyes" the skin with radiance. The pigment base seems to be a gel-cream which kind of actually acts as a "tape" by bonding to the skin beautifully. It is matte but not drying provided your skin is adequately hydrated. It actually appears to combat mild eye bagging, the kind due to water retention. My eyes look wide and awake.
I was so psyched about this product that I decided to go to Sephora to pick out more shades (I got light sand and wanted to try light neutral or even honey). I was super disappointed that Sephora does not carry shape tape so I tried the Tarte maracula concealer as a consolation prize. Did not like it-too hydrating and dewy. Shape tape is matte but does not feel matte and does not cake on me at all. I can use a little or a lot and it still looks fantastic. A real game changer for my entire eye area.

on 8/2/2017 6:15:00 PM

This was my second product to use from Tarte and man am I a convert! This concealer is very light and blends like a dream. If I end up having a good skin day sometimes I will just wear this around my eyes and it gives me a slight glow while maintaining coverage. I'm also a big fan of the scent! It's not chemical-y but a little soothing? I hate that these are like $20+ because I see why people want to use them for highlighting and contouring but the shape tape is worth the buy.

on 7/28/2017 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I recently have "upped" my under eye concealer game from just using one product that did a decent enough job to actually trying to cover and set the area appropriately. For the past few weeks, I've been using the NARS concealer. When I heard about this one from a friend, I went to go pick it up. Reading the reviews, I thought it would be light years beyond NARS. I don't think this lives up to the hype whatsoever. It made my under eye area look super dry. Yes, it is more opaque than NARS and less of the Tarte goes a longer way than NARS does, but I would much rather need to apply a few layers of NARS than to end up with a dry, cakey mess that Tarte gives me. The Tarte concealer also looks a lot more matte to me which in my opinion, is not really the look you want to go for in the under eye area. I brought the Tarte concealer back to Ulta to return and asked one of the sales associates if I was crazy. She said (under her breath of course) that she thinks NARS is better/more moisturizing and she doesn't understand the Tarte Shape Tape obsession at all. Not only that, the wand on this Tarte thing is huge! It is so hard to dispense a small amount of product under the eye. The only reason I'm giving it two stars is because of the coverage, it will last forever. They also have a great color selection for lighter skin tones which actually almost makes it more difficult to choose the correct shade.

I am going to stick with (for now) my current routine which is the Urban Decay "Naked Skin Color Correcting Fluid" in yellow to counteract my dark circles, then NARS, and then the Laura Mercier Brightening powder.

This is my new current favorite. It is expensive, but is lightweight and does not crease. It is very easy to blend, though I would suggest using a beautyblender instead of a brush under the eyes. It is also great on problem areas on the face. Sometimes I find myself not needing to use foundation since this blends so well and doubles as foundation when used over primer. The medium shade is perfect for me, just the right amount of olive tones.

on 7/23/2017 1:33:00 AM

I love this concealer. It comes with so much, and a little goes a very long way. You can build it up or you can sheer it out. Creamy, smells AMAZING, beautiful finish, stays matte all day (and I'm still not sure how-- if tarte made a foundation with this formula I'd hop on it in a hot second), shade selection is GREAT, wonderful packaging... There's not many bad things I could say about it. The letters on the label come off after a few months, but that's kind of just wear n tear. The wand is a bit big for precise work, if you're using it to spot correct. Otherwise, great concealer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This concealer is a victim of over hype. So often I'm disappointed by hyped products because I'm expecting soooo much and I feel like many people who don't like it it's because of the over hype or because they use too much. Is this concealer life changing: no. Will it make you under eyes look like those of a 16 year old: no. What this IS is a full coverage, long wearing concealer that is not overly drying. I have this in the shade light, which is crazy. There are several shades lighter, which never happens so go darker than you think you need unless you like reverse coon eyes. Use VERY LITTLE product. This is very full coverage, you do not need much. I do set this with powder, but I set all concealers with powder. It lasts all day, and used sparingly looks very flawlessly natural. I can use this in blemishes as well as under the eyes so I find it to be quite versatile. It's actually really nice around acne because the skin gets dried out from treatments and this concealer doesn't get cakey or increase the dryness. This does have the largest doe foot known to man kind. It's a bit unwieldy so if I could change that I would. But other than that, I really like this concealer and I think I would repurchase.

I don't get it. I really don't. It's a concealer. What exactly does it do that is so special? I have the second to the lightest shade which I purchased to use under my eyes. It matches well with my skin so that's nice. It doesn't last long. It creases and wears off fairly quickly. The quest continues.