Coty Katy Perry - Mad Love

No Image

3.3

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Mad Love is definitely my type of perfume. It is sweet and fruity with a cotton candy and coconut undertone. On my skin, I immediately pick up the apple sorbet and strawberry notes, the dry-down remains sweet but the coconut note really shines through making the perfume sweet, but not as sugary sweet as many vanilla based fragrances. Having a coconut base makes this perfume unique in a world of vanilla based celebrity scents. This fragrance is also quite refreshing - like a pink lemonade. It is perfect for spring and summer. This perfume could easily be worn on the beach, with a cotton sundress, this is the vision that the perfume creates for me. I found it had good staying power, lasting all day on my skin. I also like the bottle a lot, beautiful pale pink with a marble style lid. I would highly recommend this perfume to anyone who is a fan of sweet, juicy fragrances.

Top Notes: Apple, Sorbet, Strawberry, Pink Grapefruit.
Heart Notes: Floral Notes, Peony, Jasmine.
Base Notes: Musk, Sandalwood, Coconut.

(Notes from Fragrantica)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Got a chance to try this at Kohl's. This the second flanker after Mad Potion. I'm a sucker for vanilla so I had high hopes for this fragrance. It seems to be another teeny bopper gummy bear scent. However I noticed it became a bit sweeter as time went on. Perhaps I will give it another try.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Mad Love is one of those perfume's that I can't call good or bad, just okay - somewhere in-between the two. It is a 'paint by numbers' celeb-fragrance that I can't write a detailed review for as it is so generic; sweet citrus, watery apple and a brief burst of jammy strawberry to start, followed by quiet powdered floral notes that could really be anything, and all of the notes are backed by a blend of musk-and-coconut-infused vanilla. This mix is very linear on me as the vanilla blend is by far the strongest scent note, and it blends everything else too closely together for me to differentiate between very well.

On me Mad Love is like it's predecessor, in that it's based around the musky vanilla. Coty don't mention vanilla being used in this fragrance but it's there, though not as suffocating as it is in Mad Potion, which is a plus in it's favour. The sillage and longevity are so-so; nothing great at 5 to 6 hours, but there are plenty of worse offenders out there - for instance Mad Potion only lasts for 3/4 hours, so we're stepping in a better direction by improving on the original...

Official scent notes; lady apple sorbet, mara strawberry, pink grapefruit, bleeding heart flower, peony, jasmine, velvety musk, sandalwood and coconut.

My opinion of Mad Love is actually a bit higher in comparison to the original Mad Potion; it isn't quite as flat, and the longevity is a bit better. Plus I don't think the bottle is as tacky in this colourway, next to the original purple one. Overall; it's not anywhere near being a "scrub it off, it's awful" fragrance and it's something that is easy to wear, but I do think that it's untimely not anything get excited about as there is nothing about it that hasn't been done many times before - Kat Von D's Saint reminds me of this the most.

Popular Fragrances