L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Primer

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Primer
Voluminous Primer

2.5

Aqua / Water / Eau, Polybutene, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire D'abeille, Copernicia, Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba, Steareth-2, Cetyl Alcohol, Alcohol Denat, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Ethylenediamine / Stearyl, Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, 2-Oleamido-1,3 Octadecanediol, Disodium Edta, BHT, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Stearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl, Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Propylene Glycol, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid.

on 6/30/2018 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks this is trash or not.... It doesn't coat lashes evenly or barely at all for that matter. When I managed to get it on, my lashes were clumpy and spidery and stick straight. This did NOTHING to improve my lashes, it makes them look worse. And I've tried it twice. Both times it was a mess of sticky clumps. Maybe I just got a bad tube but I'm not willing to try a new tube. I may play with this some more but I don't have high hopes.

on 8/8/2016 2:20:00 PM

I never wear mascara without primer underneath. I've tried lots of different ones, and Lancome and Clinique are the very best IMO. But I'd love to find a lower-priced alternative.

I expect my lash primer to do two things: to set my mascara in place and make it smudge-proof, and to also amplify my lashes by adding drama and volume.

This L'oreal primer adds tons of drama and volume, but it does NOT stop my mascara from smudging. And that is a dealbreaker for me. It's a shame too because this is a great product otherwise. It applies very nicely and has a great fluffy wand that I like. Makes my mascara look pretty amazing. But then I get the smudgy panda-eye look by the end of the day. No good!

Other drugstore lash primers that I've tried are Wet 'n Wild, NYX, E.L.F., Hard Candy, and now L'Oreal. Hard Candy is the best of the bunch, but I recommend Lancome if you're willing to spend more.

I'm not going to buy this again.