L'Oreal Voluminous Primer

Filtered by hair type : Kinky
L'Oreal Voluminous Primer
Voluminous Primer

4.5

Aqua / Water / Eau, Polybutene, Paraffin, Potassium, Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire D'abeille, Copernicia, Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba, Steareth-2, Cetyl Alcohol, Alcohol Denat, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Ethylenediamine / Stearyl, Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, 2-Oleamido-1,3 Octadecanediol, Disodium Edta, BHT, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Stearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl, Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Propylene Glycol, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid.

on 10/5/2017 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I was recently introduced to this stuff through YouTube and I. Am. In. Love. I will say it was a bit touch and go for a few days where I would say I wasn't sure if it was something I liked as much as I do. But then I discovered the error of my ways. I was applying the primer to the top and bottom lashes of both eyes and then applying my mascara, which made things a bit spidery and slightly clumpy. Not terribly, terrible but not exactly what I was hoping for either. I tried it with various mascaras - UD Perversion, TF Better Than Sex, Maybeliine Full n Soft, and IT Cosmetics Tightline for the bottom lashes.

So here is where I had my revelation....Complete one eye at a time. I apply the primer to top and bottom lashes of one eye then apply my mascara (I've only been using Full n Soft since my discovery) to my top lashes and then the Tightline to the bottom lashes. And the results are full, lush, long, flutter worthy lashes. As a person who actually hates mascara, I am thrilled. It makes all of your lashes way more visible.

And another thing that has me utterly pleased is that I have very oily skin and mascara never fails to end up on my face halfway through the day (because of the way my eyes squinch together when I smile and laugh) and with this primer even on 90 degree days with high humidity, things stay put! So prior to this primer, putting mascara on my bottom lashes was an absolute no no, but now I have no problems and love the way my eyes look. I have used more expensive lash primers from Sephora and even though I thought I liked them, I didn't get the results that this on gives me.

on 12/4/2016 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This mascara primer delivers on it's volumizing promises. I've never tried a mascara primer before but I've always wanted to.

The cheapest I've seen this product is $6.96CDN but I got it on sale for $5.96. I was pleasantly surprised at the price because L'Oreal mascaras usually retail for $8-10.

This mascara primer is very very white! It definitely requires a jet black mascara afterwards to darken the lashes.

I apply this product one eye at a time. The L'Oreal website says you're not supposed to let the primer dry, you're supposed to apply the mascara over top before the primer dries. I've tried letting the primer dry and I've ended up with clumpy, overly thick lashes.

The primer thickens my lashes much more than a mascara alone would. I find after this primer I don't have to spend as much time applying mascara. I can just add a few swipes to cover the white and I'm left with a really pretty, full lashed, plush look.

This primer is lacking in the length department but it delivers in the volume and separation department. I can deal with that because I'm not using this primer by itself, so if I don't get the length from the primer, I'll get it from the mascara I put over top of it.

It washes off very easily. My mascaras don't flake on me and this does not cause any of my mascaras to flake.

Some people might be bothered by the two step process, but to me, this primer speeds up my morning mascara routine because I don't have to spend as much time building up my lashes! I love this stuff, I use it every day and I will definitely repurchase it again.