L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Primer

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Primer
Voluminous Primer

4.9

Aqua / Water / Eau, Polybutene, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire D'abeille, Copernicia, Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba, Steareth-2, Cetyl Alcohol, Alcohol Denat, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Ethylenediamine / Stearyl, Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, 2-Oleamido-1,3 Octadecanediol, Disodium Edta, BHT, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Stearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl, Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Propylene Glycol, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid.

on 3/9/2018 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have tried mascara with primers on one end of the tube and mascara on the other before. All were a big disappointment. However, due to the good reviews on MUA, I decided to try one more time. This primer is amazing in its ability to emphasize lashes without looking spidery or clumpy. The only slight con is an occasional flake if it is applied too heavily. I do use a lash comb to remove any clumps of the primer prior to applying my Maybelline Full and Soft Mascara. Mascara removal is also easier after using the primer. It really is worth the minimal extra time. I will repurchase.

on 1/25/2018 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this! I apply one coat and it seems to lift my lashes so I don't need to curl! One coat of mascara and I'm done. Makes lashes look as if you have applied more than one coat and spent time applying when you only need a quick swipe. I use this with CG Lashblast and it works really well. It may seem like an extra step but if you're used to applying 2 coats of mascara and combing through, etc. this really saves time because I rarely need to comb any clumps.

on 10/6/2017 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This works beautifully for me! I've used other lash primers (received in subscription boxes) but this one works just as well for a bargain price. I typically use UD Perversion, Julep Length Matters or Tartist Lash Paint, and the primer is fattening! Actually, even basic old Voluminous is improved by this. Enough said, it's budget comfy, and worth a try.

on 5/2/2017 8:00:00 PM

I'm among those who like this stuff. Never tried a lash primer before so I can't compare it with others.

I put a good layer of this primer. Then I run a lash comb through my lashes. I let it dry while I put my foundation on (I do my eyes first). Then I do the same with my mascara and let it dry while I finish my face. Finally, a last layer of mascara. This methods works very well for me. It sounds time-consuming, but it really isn't (remember I 'm doing my face between layers). I get full, long lashes (as long as my almost in existent lashes will go, anyway) and no clumping. I would repurchase this.

on 2/9/2017 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

No product is going to give my lashes the length and oomph,I want, but this certainly helps.
I want eyelashes that look I am wearing false eyelashes, but natural. At 57 years, that is an impossible dream. (I watched the mascara and cotton ball you tube videos wondering if I should try.)This primer does make a difference.
I got a tube of this in a Target Beauty box.
It gave me length with out fibers. It is reasonably priced for somthing I will have to throw away in 3 months. It does not make my eyes itch, burn, sting, or water. It comes off easily with micellar water. I am too lazy to put on false eye lashes.
Brownish Black mascara does not cover it well with 1 or 2 coats. I don't like real dark mascara with my fair, freckled skin.
It takes the curl out of the eye lashes.
It doesn't give me my ultimate dream eye lashes, but I am resigned to some dreams won't come true. Little woodland creatures don't come do my housework either.
I would buy it again. It's about 7 bucks.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This gives me long, curled lashes - every bit as effective as my Benefit They're Real primer. I don't mind the white, especially since it is about half the price. I've found it takes one light coat of mascara to cover and get a great effect while still looking natural.

on 9/3/2016 2:07:00 PM

Up until I found this product, I did not use lash primers as I always felt (especially with high priced mascaras) that if the mascara was really good, it shouldn't need a primer before using it. I didn't want to spend the xtra $$$ for one. But I was at Bed Bath & Beyond and noticed L'Oreal Mascara Primer in a promotional area so since it only cost $6, I figured I'd give it a chance. I keep my receipts so I could always return it.
Well, despite my misgivings, I tried it and put on the Voluminous Collagen (waterproof) on top. Wow! What a difference! My mascara didn't clump! Yes, you need to put on a couple of coats of mascara (blackest black) to cover it, but so what! It's not expensive.
So, I highly recommend it.
Update: 1/14/18. I no longer use it There's nothing wrong with it except that the white in the primer changes the color of the mascara (blackest black) to a gray. Also, it's an extra step.

on 8/14/2016 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Primer helps my mascara last throughout the day, and I've tried a bunch of them. I am delighted with this one from L'Oréal. It makes my lashes look fuller and longer, and I still have mascara on my lashes at night. In my experience, the "panda eyes" problem is the mascara itself, not the primer. I used Clump Crusher and it was great, for a month. After the first month, it dried out enough that it was flaking throughout the day. I switched to a different mascara and it resolved the problem. For under $10, this primer is half the price of what I previously paid for primer, and just as good as the expensive stuff. And since L'Oréal owns Lancôme, well . . .