Glossier Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Glossier Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)
Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)

3.1

Not tested on animals

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have two of the three haloscope highlighters. To me, these are just a meh product... i don't hate them but i also don't love them either. This product is a good low maintenance highlighter... but be weary that it is quite thick and can look on the greasy side very easy. As i have oily skin, I find it is best to use this product on days when its less humid or my skin is on the dryer side, because this can go from cute to oily quickly!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't think it's a bad product. I like that it has a moisturizing middle part and a shimmery outer part. The packaging is quite bulky, but easy to toss into a handbag. I was sent the Moonstone one by Glossier, which is a beautiful white that looks a lot like the living luminizer by RMS or the Tata Harper one. Much like these products, it is very rich in consistency, like a balm stick. And for this reason, I don't use it as much as I'd like: I'm super oily, so this is way too nourishing for me. It feels a bit sticky and tacky; I like checking that I'm still matte throughout the day, and when I feel my upper cheeks and they're balmy, it's the same consistency as if my natural oils poked through, which is pretty unpleasant. This should feel nice on dry-skinned folks.

on 10/13/2017 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The Glossier Haloscope is a pearlescent and balmy textured highlighter that comes in three colours: Quartz, Topaz and Moonstone. I will be reviewing Quartz,which is a light pinky/champagne sheen. The highlighter is a circle that has an outer sheen with the highlight pigment, and a middle that is a balm made of sweet almond, coconut oil, castor oil, and sodium hylaronate. .

This highlighter is different from any other cream highlighter that I have used before. I will compare it to the Marc Jacobs Cream Highlighter because I believe they have very different formulas in a similar application style. Glossier is a stick designed to be swiped onto the face or dabbed on with fingers. I tend to use the highlight from the stick and swipe, as I don't wear foundation it does not disrupt it. It leaves a glossy sheen with slight reflective pigments. Its not shiny/metallic at all (Marc Jacobs is more metallic, so are the Becca Cream Highlights). It also does not have any glitter at all, more of a pearlescent sheen with minimal pigment. The Marc Jacobs has much more pigment so if its more of a pigmented colour metallic finish you are after I don't think this would be something that you would like and maybe try the Marc Jacobs?

The packaging is nice, very simple, but does get a little bit grubby and messy. I love that you can customize it with Glossier stickers, very cool. I have removed a point because of how difficult it is to get in Australia. I was lucky enough to have my sister bring me lots of products over when she visited America this year. Otherwise its pretty much impossible to get a hold of here. I think it is also very reasonably priced for the product, although more expensive per gram than the Marc Jacobs as you get nearly three times the product (although it is 62 dollar). Becca is definitely the most pricey/least value for money. For price and gram comparison:

Glossier Highlight $34.50 AUD (converted from US without country tax) 5.5g ($6.30 per gram)
Marc Jacobs Beauty Glow Stick $62.00 14g ($4.50 per gram)
Becca Cream Highlights $60.00 5.5g 5.5g ($10.90 per gram)

I think as a brand Glossier is something your either super into or think are maybe too cool for (because its very hyped at the moment). I am very into it, I am a sucker for their advertising, branding and merchandising. All very aesthetically pleasing. However there are products I genuinely love (and some I really don't think are worth it), and the Haloscope is one that I love. If you into a dewy glossy with a little hint of pearl this is for, if your looking for a metallic bam, then it may not be.

Love the haloscope! My favorite highlighter ever! My second favorite is the RMS LL and then the Becca liquid highlighters. Basically, my criteria is, it has to have translucency, so you can see the skin through it. The shimmer has to be invisible to the naked eye, it has to be dewy, but not full on greasy (Ciate dewy stick, looking at you). You basically should look healthy and moisturized. The haloscope does all this for me and it has great staying power on my combo skin. And it doesn't break me out! The cloud paints unfortunately do :-/

on 9/24/2016 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not for me. It never sets

It makes me so sad that I don't love this product- but I don't. The "real quartz" glow is nothing special, and honestly it lasts like 5 minutes on my face, then it leaves my cheeks looking greasy not like dewy cheekbones. Colourpop's highlighters are far superior and a third the price.

on 8/2/2016 1:34:00 AM

I was sucked in by the cute packaging. The oil core is a big turn off for me. By the time I'm ready to use a highlighter my face has skincare, which includes moisturizer and SPF. Oh, I forgot, to add foundation. I live in very hot and very humid Florida. I do not need to add oil to my skin. I will say the product did glide on my skin without disturbing the rest of my makeup. I first tried the silvery color which did nothing. Except for grease shine there was nothing. Then I tried the bronze. As a highlight on my cheekbones I got the grease shine with an odd bronze cast. It was also the wrong shade, for my skin tone, to work as a contour. It looked cute. I didn't like the feel of it on my skin and it also had very little product. Not a good value for my money. Sorry glossier. I really wanted to like it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I resisted buying this for 4 days after its release but then I caved and bought Quartz because I'm drinking the Glossier koolaid (NC25 oily skin). Damn you Glossier marketing! Packaging is cute, I love anything that comes in a stick form as it makes traveling with the product and application way easy. Color is a barely perceptible light sheen on my skin, but I get the same look when I don't blot for a couple of hours and my skin starts to ooze grease. The oil core also leaves my skin feeling incredibly sticky. This product is best suited for those with dry skin who want a very natural glow. I'll stick with my Becca and Cover FX powder hightlighters instead.