Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This palette was so hyped up that I decided to hop onto the bandwagon. I bought MR in April 2017, and fastforward , 6 months later, I have only used it like 3 times.The first time I used this palette, the powder kickback was so bad that it turned me off straightaway. (for your reference , I used Zoeva No.221 brush. ) I felt like I am losing more product due to the kickback and fall out than the amount used on my eyes. I like how blendable these eyeshadows are, but I really can't stand the fallout and kickback.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Beautiful palette but ended up returning it because of all the mess it creates. The shadows are so soft that even wth a light hand it would dust up everywhere and even mess up my face LOL. It's a shame really cause I liked those brown/orange shades.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

love love this pallette has a bit of kick up but pigmented and bendable long lasting go quality .I will not be dropping 60$ on the subculture pallette with all the "drama" surrounding it,I've found a dupe for the subculture not all the shades but one can get all the shades when the colors are mixed , the dupe is NYX. olive you pallette and it cost only 22$.sorry ABH.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I am probably one of 5 people on earth who didn't like this palette. I wanted it so bad too! I didn't mind the powder consistency. It swatches great. I just felt like it moved around after I put it on, if that makes sense. I would try a look and the colors would migrate. I didn't find the formula that impressive. It was very pigmented and a good color selection. I wanted the oranges and pinks still, and ended up getting the Tarte Pro. I find that to be much better!

With all that being said, I have several friends that adore this palette!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This was one of my first high end palette I purchases and I would say it was a good one! The colors are perfect they add color to your eyeshadow routine without being to colorful. The pinks and berries and the beautiful red works well together or with the oranges which are perfect for transition colors. They are pigmented and more powdery and dry than creamy but they blend very nicely. I would definitely recommend this palette.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I truly enjoy this palette. Despite the crazy fallout, this palette is crazy pigmented and very easy to blend, hence the hype. I am particularly very picky when it comes to colour selection, and this palette offers you an actual variety of warm-pink-ish colour range, which is the current trend and right up my alley. My favourite shades are Tempera for highlight, Burnt Orange and Raw Sienna for transition colour, Red Ochre and Love letter on the lid and Cyprus Umber for outer corner (fancy names).

However, one lippie off for the packaging because it is not the most wise packaging. Mine is dirty within days, and I barely even touched it. If I create an eyeshadow palette with crazy pigmentation and fallout, suede would not be my material of choice.

I do really appreciate the brush. The packing brush is dense and soft, while the blending brush isn't as soft, it is still very usable.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this palette and I love the colors! All the colors are very highly pigmented and blend so easily. They are buttery but also have quite a lot of fall out so you may want to do your eye makeup before your face makeup and make sure to tap excess of the brush. The packaging of the palette looks great but gets dirty so easily because it is a light pink suede/velvet material. The colours are gorgeous and you can create heaps of different looks, both natural and bold. I would recommend this to someone who loves bright warm colours and wants to try something different with their eye makeup.

on 1/11/2017 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was a miss for me altough shadows are of great quality. Mainly because i fell for hype not thinking if the colour range is good for me. So if you have fair to light skin with yellow undertones, blue/ gray eyes and neutral to cool blonde hair, think again if you think of buying it. Ive found that most looks i can get from this dont suit my complexion/eyes/hair.

on 9/6/2016 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This palette is so good!! I bought the chocolate bar a few weeks before and I was so happy with it but after getting this palette I could inmediately tell that the quality in this palette is better! Pigmentation, softness and color payoff is just amazing, the only reason I didn't give it the 5 lippies is because the packaging gets dirty very quickly! If you don't mine that, you'll end up getting a unique, beautiful and versatile palette!
Ps; the brush is good quality

on 1/22/2018 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a gorgeous palette! At first glance I thought the colors would not work on me since there was so much pink/red and figured it would make me look like I had an infected eye but I was wrong. The colors are surprisingly wearable and blend together so well. They are very pigmented and smooth but a few of the shades, namely golden ochre, are powdery and kick up a lot of fall out but just be gentle with it and you should have no issues. The brush provided is 50/50. The flat, shader end is soft and works well whereas the opposite blender end is terrible (super rough). Overall, I think this is a great palette.