Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

love the pigment of the shadows. don't be concerned with the fallout it's worth it with the amount of pigment. packaging is velvet which feels lux at first but gets dirty fast :/

on 1/8/2018 2:46:00 PM

This was a gift from my husband. The salesperson steered him to this palette and I am so happy he did. I love how pigmented the colors are. What you see is what you get. They blend well and look fantastic on. Buy this palettte.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Modern Renaissance contains fourteen shadows in a mix of eleven mattes, one satin and two metallics; Tempera [Velvety beige with an ultra-matte finish], Golden Ochre [Earthy yellow with an ultra-matte finish], Vermeer [Iridescent shell with a metallic finish], Buon Fresco [Antique lavender with an ultra-matte finish], Antique Bronze [Metallic sable with a satin finish], Love Letter [Raspberry with an ultra-matte finish], Cyprus Umber [Dark coffee with an ultra-matte finish], Realgar [Brick with an ultra-matte finish], Warm Taupe [Earthy gray with an ultra-matte finish], Venetian Red [Crimson with an ultra-matte finish], Red Ochre [Sienna with an ultra-matte finish], Primavera [shimmery gold dust with a metallic finish], Burnt Orange [deep orange with an ultra-matte finish] and Raw Sienna [neutral amber with an ultra-matte finish]. You also get a double-ended brush, with is surprisingly high quality and is something that I regularly use.
The shades Burnt Orange, Buon Fresco and Warm Taupe can be brought as individual shadows, and the other eleven shades can only be found in this palette.

This palette caught my eye because it is full of warm shades that will keep me happy all-year round and for every occasion; the matte to shimmer ratio is very practical, there are plenty of safer more 'everyday' neutral shades, but there are lovely bolder colour pops too, in my favourite shadow shades [pinky reds and orange]. The shadows all have fantastic pigmentation, everything is easy to blend & build up, and there's no heavy shimmer/glitter that doesn't adhere to skin and goes everywhere, plus everything is crease & fade resistant. I've not had any issues with shades muddying together or oxidizing to feedback - I believe those problems are being caused by people applying too much product and/or overblending the soft shadows. Speaking of soft shadow; there is kick-up with most of the shades in this palette when I dip my brushes into the pans, but that is something that never really bothers me as long as the powders apply and perform well, which these do.

I can't think of any complaints or niggles with Modern Renaissance - it's the only cosmetic product I've tried that has lived up to it's hype. At least it has for me, anyway.

on 1/1/2018 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Deciding to buy this palette was one of the best choices of my life
It's been years that I'm a perfume junkie,recently my addiction to buy and collect has expanded so that I can't also resist makeup palettes and lipsticks.in this month I purchased two the balm palettes,two tartes,a lancome and now this babe..I was hesitant about this one.it's very expensive,65$ in my country,and I'm on a budget,and some shades of this palette seemed to be useless for me.at the first place I didn't know which one to choose among this one,subculture and prisme.after reading negative reviews of subculture it was omitted from my list.I also thought it's shades are better suited for girls with green,hazel eyes not me with dark brown,almost black eyes.though Deciding between MR and prisme wasn't as easy.prisme has couple of very unique and interesting shades which caught my eyes but MR seemed better option for daily makeup.finally I chose MR and decided to add prisme to my collection whenever I be on a better financial situation
I was sure I'm not going to use couple of shades on MR palette.actually I bought it just for it's first 8 shades (and because I was influenced by hype around this palette)but as soon as I received it and saw it in person,I knew that I'm going to use and enjoy every single shade.
If I could change something about this palette it would be "love letter" and "realgar"and change them with a dark burgundy,violet or plummy shade,still I'm going to use them,of course not as often as the others,but it's good to know that they're not totally useless for me.they're way better than what they looked in photos.not childish and flashy as they seemed to be
"red ochre" and "Venetian red"were the shades that surprised me the most.I thought I'm not going to like them but actually I love them! It's difficult to choose my favorite shade.I love them all(except love letter and realgar which I don't love but don't dislike either)
right now,"red ochre" "buon fresco" and "antique bronze" are my most used shades.all these shades go very well with my dark eyes and almost pale skin(mac NW15)
about it's packaging:this is an expensive palette and I expected it to be more luxurious.however I keep it inside it's package,it's getting dirty because it's made off suede.of course it also has some good points:it's not huge and is easy to carry.I like it's pale,dirty pink color.I like that shades have name in this palette(I can't love shadows with nameless pans),I like that it has a mirror and there's a clear sheet that covers the mirror so that shadows won't make it dirty.I also like that I can open and close it easily as it has magnet.what I most love about it,is that it comes with a double ended brush which is a good one
Shadows are soft,smooth and very pigmented and these are very important for me in eyeshadow palettes. they sit flawlessly on my lid.working with them is a pleasure.they all blend very well except the darkest color,I have difficulty blending it with other colors. I have to be very gentle,if not,shadows are going to kick off and I hate to see such a waste.there's also some fall out so I have to blow away,excessive powder on my brush before applying.also I'd better do my eye makeup before applying my foundation,I prefer viseversa but this is not a deal breaker for me because I like it's shades and they sit beautifully on lid and fall out is just a little(for me reddish shade have the most fallout).
I haven't tried it with primer yet,still it's longevity is satisfying.without any primer there was a faint touch of it left on my lids after 10hours(my lids are almost dry)I love that it doesn't turn to a dirty,muddy mess after long hours.in my case the shimmery shade fades and matte shades last,lighter but still have polished look.my lancome palette wins the price of most long-lasting eye shadows(after 12 hours my eye shadow is the same as first hour,without any primer)but that's I'd better write about in.an other review,unfortunately I can't because that lancome palette with six shades and a blush is not added to database yet)
I can't say ABH MR is my HG palette.I like my lancome,tarte and the balm palettes as much as this one and they're high quality too but ABH MR definitely was a very good purchase and I use it a lot and probably will repurchase it whenever I hit the pans,but this time I will try to buy it in a sale

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

THIS is the palette that got me addicted to highend products irrevocably. Anastasia has killed it with this palette. First of all, the color scheme of this product allows you to be as creative as you want; they all work perfect with eachother and create such unique combinations. The shades are predominantly mattes, which could be a plus for most, but also includes unique textures (for e.g. metallics with satin finish). They blend like no other eyeshadow out there and they require the minimal blend to look stunning. The pigmentation is again, fantastic. Even though you mix 3 or 4 colors in the look, you`d still be able to distinguish them individually. It can create stunning day to day eyelooks due to the variety of "soft" colors like Buon Fresco, Warm Taupe, Golden Ochre and Tempera, but it`s always the RIGHT choice to create more pinky/red full-glam looks. The product lasts for very long time, since you only need a little bit to obtain the effect desired, so it is the best investment you can make. It is the dream.
Everytime I buy a palette, I always compare it with the quality of Modern Rennaissance and I still haven`t found one that could be a competitor for it.
TIP: some of the shades could be bought individually from Anastasia Beverly Hills website if it happens to hit the pan and don`t want to purchase the entire palette again.

on 11/17/2017 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I am tardy to the party on this one. This is a fantastic, high quality palette. The shadows are so smooth and almost creamy. They blend like a dream. I am no make up artist but this palette truly makes it easy. Never in a million years did I think I would like or even wear Venetian Red but I do and it looks so pretty. The only think I don't like is the packaging. The velvet case is impractical but it is pretty.

Simply Amazing quality! The slightest dip in the pan can paint your entire eyelid, and SO blendable as well!! I can blend these shadows in around 5 mins, which helps a LOT when you're getting ready for work. The only fault is that I dislike the two pink shadows (love letter and Venetian red). I simply dislike their shades. And there's only one shadow that really gives dimension to the look (deep matte brown). But I'm not about to give it less than 5* because the overall quality is above everything else on the market. That's right - there's this palette and everything else as far as eyemakeup falls under second category.

People who critique the packaging tend to forget they get an awesome double-ended brush in the palette. This brush should account for the packaging and not the velvety cover!

Buy this if you don't mind the reds, and if you do mind them (like me) simply get some single eyeshadows that have depth (deep browns, purples, dark duochromes etc..). But buy Modern Reneissance anyway :)

on 11/11/2017 4:21:00 AM

Absolutely beautiful product. Applies and blends like a dream, and I have already hit pan on half the palette. I will say there is sometimes some minor fallout, but I do my eyemakeup first, so its not really an issue for me. The packaging does get dirty easily, I find, but other wise, I highly recommend this product.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I don’t like spending a lot of money on eyeshadow palettes...I like versatility and many palettes only do one type of look or aren’t easy to blend. I’m still figuring out and experimenting with eyeshadow techniques and looks so I’ve usually stuck to brown and nuetral shades...a bit more forgiving but not as dramatic. I really wanted a fall/holiday themed palette and it was down to the Modern Renaissance of UD Heat. I watched a ton of YouTube videos and finally decided to try this because of the wide range of colors as compared to the more orange shades on Heat.
It is incredibly pigmented and creamy...I feel like you could be a total nube with eyeshadows and this would still blend beautifully. I even stopped watching tutorials and just played with the colors on my own (which is HUGE because I am really not that good with dramatic eye makeup and it usually ends up looking muddy or splotchy) but all of these work together beautifully and I always get compliments....it’s probably because I usually don’t wear colors like this.
I noticed a few beauty gurus saw it is only for bold looks but TBH, I’ve used it for very neutral, romantic looks too! I avoid the darker and more shimmery shades and it creates a really pretty, soft look.
Regardless of your ability, this is a really nice palette, I haven’t tried the brush it comes with because I just recently upgraded my brushes to the Sigma set and I’ve been playing around with those.

This is another much hyped about eyeshadow palette on Youtube. I finally gave in to the hype a month ago and tried it out for about handful of times and I have to agree with the positive reviews - this is such an amazing palette! You would really enjoy this palette if you love your warmed toned eyeshadows, but unlike other organge/brown/gold combinations that have been done to death by other brands, they threw in some gorgeous rich pink/cranberry/red shades that may seem intimidating at first, but look absolutely gorgeous on. I love how versatile this palette is, you can do a very basic look to full on glam and there is a lot of possibilities.

The formula of these eyeshadows are so pigmented - I only need to dab my brushes (never had to swirl) and I get tons of pigment. The colors are easy to blend but don't get muddy. I cannot comment on the staying power because I also have my primer on so they stay all day.

The only thing I am not crazy about is the packaging. It looks beautiful, but I wish they didn't make it in suede it gets dirty real quickly. I am so bummed about this because that means I won't be taking it with me while I travel.

Overall very pleased with my purchase and I would definitely recommend.