Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Filtered by age: 44-55
Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.1

on 12/10/2017 6:07:00 AM

This has got to be the worst high end eye shadow palette I've bought to date!
Even my low end, drugstore eye shadows from WnW rival this crappy palette.
Some of you may remember the awful negativity surrounding the Subculture palette and how much kick up was made by barely tapping your brush into that palette and how there was a quality control issue and how some stores were accepting returns and exchanges for the Subculture palette due to the poor, crappy quality of Subculture.
Well, the MR palette I have is the same crappy quality as the Subculture one was. I suspect I may have gotten one of the first produced palettes that were mass produced by Anastasia when the Modern Renaissance palette was first released and looking at reviews on here I can only assume I'm not the only one who has this observation as well.
The kick up from the eye shadows is just awful. I just barely tap my brush into one of the pans and I get a whole lot of kick up of eye shadow. I literally feel like I'm blowing my money away when I blow off the palette after I'm done using it due to the excess kick up..
I've watched many You Tube videos where the person puts their brush into the shadows and no excess product is kicked up and some of them are tapping pretty hard into their palette yet there's no excess kick up like i get. Which is why I believe there's definitely a quality issue with some of these palettes.
I also hate the fact that Love Letter and Venetian Red are so similar, you can't even tell a difference between the 2 colours once they're one the eyes.
The shadows blend into a hideous, muddy mess when I try and blend them together, they don't last very long at all and fade quite quickly even when properly priming my eyes which is something that should not be happening given the price point of this palette. Some of them are hard to blend and literally stay where you put them so you end up having to blend way too much for awhile, such effort should not be had, again, given the price of this palette (Love Letter, Venetian Red), yet some of them blend well enough but also blend into nothingness or into a muddy mess (Golden Ochre, Burnt Orange).
I bought my palette from Macy's so I doubt I got a fake unless someone returned a palette that was a fake and Macy's put it back out on the floor.
The colours in here are so gorgeous and they look amazing against my grey eyes and pale skin but the quality for me and my experience surrounding it has been less than some of the other reviewers on here.
I really do think I got a shoddy palette that should not have made it out for purchase, I think the quality of my palette is the same quality as the first produced palettes from the Subculture release that a lot of other people seemed to have issues with.
I will be looking into affordable dupes for this palette for sure (Beauty Creations one comes to mind).
I do have the UD Naked Heat palette and its quality is far superior than the MR palette but not quite a spot on colour dupe for the MR palette.
I feel pretty upset that I seemed to have gotten a dud amongst all the other people raving about this palette on here but I see a couple reviews that are also questioning the quality of their palette since they seemed to have possibly gotten a poor quality palette, same as me.
I decided tonight would be the last time I wore this horrendous palette ever again after coming home and seeing how awful my shadows had faded and how they all had faded into a muddy mess on my eyes. I tried to give this palette a chance, perhaps too many chances and I'm done. The only redeeming quality from this palette is the brush. It will be the one thing I won't be throwing into the bin.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I dislike going against the majority, but I feel everyone's opinion and experience with a product counts. For me, this is a total no-go. I feel like the shades in here are not flattering for many skin tones and eye colors. Many of these shades on me make me look like I have pink eye or I am sick. That is if I can even get the product to apply decently. I get a lot of fallout with this, even a light tap of the product. They do not go on smoothly for me (even trying with 4 different primers) and they apply unevenly and patchy and then they crease on me within a couple of hours. I wanted to like this palette because of the hype, but it is just not for me. I also feel too many of these shades are too similar to each other. I find it hard to create a look with this palette alone, and when trying, it just for me looks muddled or like I was playing with cheap makeup. The brush that comes with this is surprisingly nice, though.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Because I was mad at myself for missing out on the ABH Self Made palette, I'd decided that, come hell or high water, I would get her next palette as they are such a good value, price-wise. I really wanted for this to be a fabulous purchase for me but I decided to try it out in-store and there are just so many colours in it that absolutely do not work for me and actually make me look BAAAD - as though I've had a serious allergic reaction to something. Red Ochre, Venetian Red and Love Letter are the worst, along with Burnt Orange and Realgar, but several of the other shadows are also too orange/red based to be wearable for me! I already have enough of these types of colours in a bunch of KvD and UD Vice palettes and they are all untouched, so I hardly needed more. I'm sure these shades look fabulous on people with different colouring from mine and different eye colours but for me - no thanks. I also noticed, as I was trying this palette, that some of the shadows seemed to kick up a fair bit of powder. I thought it was because it was the store tester or that the SA at Sephora was being heavy-handed with her brushes but now, reading some of the earlier reviews, I see this is a common complaint. I'm glad I took the time to try it in-store to avoid a costly mistake.

on 4/21/2017 9:51:00 AM

These colors are very pretty, they are creamy and blend well and look fantastic on. However I get alot of fallout from this palette which is disappointing because I really love these colors but I find myself reaching for other shadows instead that dont fall on my face

on 8/11/2017 9:28:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

The quality of these eyeshadows is outstanding. They blend beautifully and last on my lids longer than most eyeshadows. Very impressive actually. Usually my eyeshadow only lasts about 6-8 hrs but this eyeshadow can last hours longer. I do feel like a couple of the red shades are too similar. Also the price per gram is very high.

on 2/23/2017 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the eyeshadows, both the texture and the colors. However, I have already hit pan on one of them, after only a month of use, and the brush broke in two after a couple of weeks.

on 7/24/2017 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

One of the few eyeshadow palettes that I would repurchase, I love it that much. The shadows are all so highly pigmented, buttery and blend like a dream. This can look a bit scarey as there are deep reds and dark bright pinks and oranges, but they go together beautifully even for me - and I'm 51. The pinks can be bold, or blended out. The two shimmers are an excellent formula and last on the eyelid until removed. An amazing palette and well worth the hype.

on 7/21/2017 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hands down, best palette I own (and I have many!) For the longest time I really didn't see the hype with this palette. I had bought one as a Christmas gift and decided to give in to the hype and pick one up for myself. I am glad I did!

First off, the hype around this palette is well deserved. The color payoff and pigmentation is incredible. The shadows are soft & buttery and practically blend themselves. Every color in this palette is usable for all kinds of looks......from neutral, every-day to more dramatic. Goes from lights to neutrals to darks, mattes to shimmers---all equally pigmented & blendable .

The packaging is gorgeous, as well---I ranked it 4/5 only because the suede cover is a magnet for eyeshadow dust and could get really dirty, very quickly. I'm careful with it and love it all the same.

My ONLY regret with this palette is that I did not buy it sooner.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This palette has enough reviews. The only reason I'm chiming in is because I'm 50 years old, and this is the first palette I've ever hit pan on. I'm NC20 leaning neutral, and I can wear every color in the palette. Even the reds are wearable and can be worn to the office when done right. I highly recommend this.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Definitely everything good anyone says about this palette is true: pigment, texture, colors, performance etc. all are awesome. I have not yet figured out how to do an eye look using more than a few colors from this palette, so I just stick to 3 and love the outcome every time no matter which 3 I choose. Each color looks great on its own as well. Don't let the girly pink velvet exterior fool you - this is sophisticated and bold palette that will add some interest into any collection!