Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Filtered by age: 25-29
Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.8

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I don’t like spending a lot of money on eyeshadow palettes...I like versatility and many palettes only do one type of look or aren’t easy to blend. I’m still figuring out and experimenting with eyeshadow techniques and looks so I’ve usually stuck to brown and nuetral shades...a bit more forgiving but not as dramatic. I really wanted a fall/holiday themed palette and it was down to the Modern Renaissance of UD Heat. I watched a ton of YouTube videos and finally decided to try this because of the wide range of colors as compared to the more orange shades on Heat.
It is incredibly pigmented and creamy...I feel like you could be a total nube with eyeshadows and this would still blend beautifully. I even stopped watching tutorials and just played with the colors on my own (which is HUGE because I am really not that good with dramatic eye makeup and it usually ends up looking muddy or splotchy) but all of these work together beautifully and I always get compliments....it’s probably because I usually don’t wear colors like this.
I noticed a few beauty gurus saw it is only for bold looks but TBH, I’ve used it for very neutral, romantic looks too! I avoid the darker and more shimmery shades and it creates a really pretty, soft look.
Regardless of your ability, this is a really nice palette, I haven’t tried the brush it comes with because I just recently upgraded my brushes to the Sigma set and I’ve been playing around with those.

on 10/16/2017 10:03:00 PM

I can finally see why everyone loves this palette. Every time I see a classmate of mine wearing super pretty, buttery looking eyeshadows, I ask them what they're wearing and they all tell me ABH modern renaissance. One of my classmates let me borrow hers before I got my own and I totally understand the hype surrounding this. The pigment, the shades, the formula are ALL AMAZING. I was hesitant to get this palette because I wasn't a big fan of the magenta shades, but they're growing on me.

on 10/12/2017 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let me start off by saying that I am not an eyeshadow person and I love this palette. I have a few others but I never really reached for them like I do with this one. This palette gives me a great eye look every time I use it. This is the only eyeshadow palette I would ever consider purchasing twice. The colours are wonderful and they look great on the eyes. They blend perfectly and I can create lots of different looks with it - everyday neutral, smoky eye, colourful eye etc.

on 10/9/2017 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Lovely palette! Very universal you can get very natural looks to bold smokey eyes or colourful looks with just using this. I like to have my own matte creme shade as tempera has a bit of a sheen and I prefer my browbone matte. But I can use tempera I just prefer a matte when I have one with me.

ALL shades are pigmented and blend like a dream. Over a primer they stay on vibrant untill I remove them (the best primer for the longest staying power is the bareminerals primetime eyeshadow primer - I dont get it how I never hear anyone raving about it????? 100% recomnend!)

The brush is ok. I feel like the fluffy side does kick up more powder in the pan. I always use my own fluffy brushes (zoeva) and dont notice to much kickup in the pan but I always dip in very gentle and never swirl the brush.

As the velvet case gets dirty I store it in the box it came with.

Highly recommend. I got a backup just in case they ever stop selling this or change formula. It is that good.

Sorry englisch is not my first language ;)

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

There’s a reason everybody’s in love with this one! 110% one of the BEST palettes IN THE COSMETIC industry, this and the new too faced just peachy mattes palette are my absolute holy grails!

on 8/19/2017 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

All aboard the hype train, I guess.
I love this pallet, I got it for the reds/pink but I actually think they are pretty meh. Super pigmented, just needs a gentle touch of the brush. Speaking of which, I don't even hate the one it came with. Now I want to try Subculture and see for myself what the hell is all the commotion about.

on 7/16/2017 11:47:00 PM

This is my favorite palette. There's just literally nothing bad about it. The colors are all beautiful and super pigmented, they blend together easily, and they're really versatile. It's amazing, and I can't recommend it enough.

on 6/26/2017 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I liked this palette, I didn't love it.

The shadows are soft, and smooth and blend nice. But you have to work quickly with them, because they're very staining.

Also, the reds and pink are very pigmented, so this palette is for someone who is comfortable being "out there" with their makeup. I personally never touch the reds and pink, because it's too bright for everyday wear to the office. And I tend not to wear a lot of makeup on weekends as I like to give my skin, especially my eyelids a break, otherwise I start getting eyelid eczema.

Because I have very sensitive skin, this palette made me breakout in the worst eye area (on the lid, and on my under eye area!) I have ever experienced. I had to go to the dermatologist to get a steroid cream to get rid of the eczema. Obviously, this will not be a problem for everyone. The ladies at Ulta told me reds and purples can be problematic for a lot of people due to carmine in the ingredients.

Anyway, I am not super bummed about it because in general, this palette wasn't subdued and neutral enough for me. I did love that it had so many mattes, though.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite palette that I've ever used. Pinks/Reds aren't typically my colors but these shades are perfect. The formula is amazing as well.. better than any high end eye shadow I've tried. The only thing I don't like is the packaging- the "soft" top is nasty feeling.

on 4/17/2017 8:07:00 PM

I've used makeup for long enough to know that this product doesn't work for me. I never thought that would be what my review was for this product, if I'm being honest. And the price was right too - I purchased this off during my $25 VIB Coupon event.

The colours are BEAUTIFUL. I have collected many red eyeshadows over the years, from Shu Uemura, Anna Sui, and Etude House. Finally, a lovely red palette from the American market.

The texture is blendable, smooth, and gorgeous. The shimmers are lovely, mattes are easy to use, however-- The shadow formula simply doesn't last on me. I've rarely had this occur, and my routine with my eye primers and bases haven't failed me before. I'm a firm believer in the fact that I should not have to work extremely hard to have an eyeshadow to work for me, especially when I have such a large stash.

I will use this palette, however I will not repurchase as the formula doesn't work on me. Beautiful if it does work for you.