Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Filtered by age: 25-29
Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.7

on 4/12/2018 11:22:00 PM

My relationship with ABH eyeshadows has been an iffy one. The quality is great. Packaging average. Price too high, imo. There are so many amazing dupes now, I can't justify the price. The color selection is nice, but incredibly common. I've purchased 3 ABH palettes. I've returned them all. Not bc they are bad but because they don't blow me away for the price tag. I think they are worth a try if the price doesn't bother you. If you ballin' on a budget, get a dupe. I like the Makeup Revolution and WetnWild dupes.

Pros:
Pretty variety of colors
Decent brush included
Sturdy packaging
Great pigment and quality
Cons:
Packaging gets dirty easy
Easily duped
A good bit of fallout (doesn't bother me tho)

I'd give it a 3.5. Nice but not mind blowing.

I bought this palette when it first released, not realizing how hyped it was. I usually wait for reviews before buying but hey, there were red eye shadows and that was enough to grab my attention.
First off, the packaging is a miss. I like the light pink but the velvet like texture gets dirty fast. It's not the easiest to clean either.
Second, the brush was a miss. The smaller shadow brush is fine. It's soft, works well enough. But the fluffier blending side is so scratchy. It's not even usable! I like getting brushes with palettes if they are good. In this case I say drop the brush and knock off a couple bucks to the price tag.
Lastly, the shadow quality is good. The shimmers are not as intense and metallic as I prefer. In a lot of youtube tutorials you see people foiling them with setting spray to get maximum payoff. The mattes are better. Smooth and pigmented. I usually bring in another palette to use with this one because I do like more shimmer/metallic lid shades.
There are complaints about fallout since the shadows are soft. I do my eye shadow first, base makeup last, so I wipe off any fallout and it's not a problem.
I've had this since the first release and have pan on 5 shades. I like it. Would I repurchase? At this point there are a million red and berry toned palettes. Honestly, if/when I finish this I'd try a different brand. If this palette is your ideal color scheme I do think you will like it.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Believe the hype for this one!

When I first got it, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to use this on an everyday basis, however it's a lot more versatile than I originally thought. These are honestly some of the best eyeshadows I've ever used. They're extremely creamy and pigmented- lightly dipping your brush into the pan is usually sufficient. They apply so smoothly and blend seamlessly- they pretty much do the work for you! Every single shade in this palette is beautiful. I'm really happy that red tones are a thing.

My favorite color in this palette is Antique Bronze- it's so unique and absolutely stunning. I get tons of compliments when I wear it, and I'd say it's a pretty universally flattering shade. I like to put this all over my lid with Cyprus Umber on the outer corner and Buon Fresco to blend it out.

The only bad thing is that a lot of the shades do have fall out, and there's a good amount of kick back in the pans. However, when shadows are this pigmented, it's to be expected. Like I mentioned, you don't even need to load up your brush with a lot of eyeshadow so it's not a huge problem.

Don't be intimidated by these colors- play around with them, try different looks! It's really worth the price, and I believe that Anastasia Beverly Hills makes some of the best eyeshadows on the market.

on 1/22/2018 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a gorgeous palette! At first glance I thought the colors would not work on me since there was so much pink/red and figured it would make me look like I had an infected eye but I was wrong. The colors are surprisingly wearable and blend together so well. They are very pigmented and smooth but a few of the shades, namely golden ochre, are powdery and kick up a lot of fall out but just be gentle with it and you should have no issues. The brush provided is 50/50. The flat, shader end is soft and works well whereas the opposite blender end is terrible (super rough). Overall, I think this is a great palette.

on 1/1/2018 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Deciding to buy this palette was one of the best choices of my life
It's been years that I'm a perfume junkie,recently my addiction to buy and collect has expanded so that I can't also resist makeup palettes and lipsticks.in this month I purchased two the balm palettes,two tartes,a lancome and now this babe..I was hesitant about this one.it's very expensive,65$ in my country,and I'm on a budget,and some shades of this palette seemed to be useless for me.at the first place I didn't know which one to choose among this one,subculture and prisme.after reading negative reviews of subculture it was omitted from my list.I also thought it's shades are better suited for girls with green,hazel eyes not me with dark brown,almost black eyes.though Deciding between MR and prisme wasn't as easy.prisme has couple of very unique and interesting shades which caught my eyes but MR seemed better option for daily makeup.finally I chose MR and decided to add prisme to my collection whenever I be on a better financial situation
I was sure I'm not going to use couple of shades on MR palette.actually I bought it just for it's first 8 shades (and because I was influenced by hype around this palette)but as soon as I received it and saw it in person,I knew that I'm going to use and enjoy every single shade.
If I could change something about this palette it would be "love letter" and "realgar"and change them with a dark burgundy,violet or plummy shade,still I'm going to use them,of course not as often as the others,but it's good to know that they're not totally useless for me.they're way better than what they looked in photos.not childish and flashy as they seemed to be
"red ochre" and "Venetian red"were the shades that surprised me the most.I thought I'm not going to like them but actually I love them! It's difficult to choose my favorite shade.I love them all(except love letter and realgar which I don't love but don't dislike either)
right now,"red ochre" "buon fresco" and "antique bronze" are my most used shades.all these shades go very well with my dark eyes and almost pale skin(mac NW15)
about it's packaging:this is an expensive palette and I expected it to be more luxurious.however I keep it inside it's package,it's getting dirty because it's made off suede.of course it also has some good points:it's not huge and is easy to carry.I like it's pale,dirty pink color.I like that shades have name in this palette(I can't love shadows with nameless pans),I like that it has a mirror and there's a clear sheet that covers the mirror so that shadows won't make it dirty.I also like that I can open and close it easily as it has magnet.what I most love about it,is that it comes with a double ended brush which is a good one
Shadows are soft,smooth and very pigmented and these are very important for me in eyeshadow palettes. they sit flawlessly on my lid.working with them is a pleasure.they all blend very well except the darkest color,I have difficulty blending it with other colors. I have to be very gentle,if not,shadows are going to kick off and I hate to see such a waste.there's also some fall out so I have to blow away,excessive powder on my brush before applying.also I'd better do my eye makeup before applying my foundation,I prefer viseversa but this is not a deal breaker for me because I like it's shades and they sit beautifully on lid and fall out is just a little(for me reddish shade have the most fallout).
I haven't tried it with primer yet,still it's longevity is satisfying.without any primer there was a faint touch of it left on my lids after 10hours(my lids are almost dry)I love that it doesn't turn to a dirty,muddy mess after long hours.in my case the shimmery shade fades and matte shades last,lighter but still have polished look.my lancome palette wins the price of most long-lasting eye shadows(after 12 hours my eye shadow is the same as first hour,without any primer)but that's I'd better write about in.an other review,unfortunately I can't because that lancome palette with six shades and a blush is not added to database yet)
I can't say ABH MR is my HG palette.I like my lancome,tarte and the balm palettes as much as this one and they're high quality too but ABH MR definitely was a very good purchase and I use it a lot and probably will repurchase it whenever I hit the pans,but this time I will try to buy it in a sale

on 12/26/2017 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not sure if I understand the hype with this palette. I don't find the colors cohesive and I feel like its not flattering with my brown eyes. I will not purchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I don’t like spending a lot of money on eyeshadow palettes...I like versatility and many palettes only do one type of look or aren’t easy to blend. I’m still figuring out and experimenting with eyeshadow techniques and looks so I’ve usually stuck to brown and nuetral shades...a bit more forgiving but not as dramatic. I really wanted a fall/holiday themed palette and it was down to the Modern Renaissance of UD Heat. I watched a ton of YouTube videos and finally decided to try this because of the wide range of colors as compared to the more orange shades on Heat.
It is incredibly pigmented and creamy...I feel like you could be a total nube with eyeshadows and this would still blend beautifully. I even stopped watching tutorials and just played with the colors on my own (which is HUGE because I am really not that good with dramatic eye makeup and it usually ends up looking muddy or splotchy) but all of these work together beautifully and I always get compliments....it’s probably because I usually don’t wear colors like this.
I noticed a few beauty gurus saw it is only for bold looks but TBH, I’ve used it for very neutral, romantic looks too! I avoid the darker and more shimmery shades and it creates a really pretty, soft look.
Regardless of your ability, this is a really nice palette, I haven’t tried the brush it comes with because I just recently upgraded my brushes to the Sigma set and I’ve been playing around with those.

on 10/16/2017 10:03:00 PM

I can finally see why everyone loves this palette. Every time I see a classmate of mine wearing super pretty, buttery looking eyeshadows, I ask them what they're wearing and they all tell me ABH modern renaissance. One of my classmates let me borrow hers before I got my own and I totally understand the hype surrounding this. The pigment, the shades, the formula are ALL AMAZING. I was hesitant to get this palette because I wasn't a big fan of the magenta shades, but they're growing on me.

on 10/12/2017 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let me start off by saying that I am not an eyeshadow person and I love this palette. I have a few others but I never really reached for them like I do with this one. This palette gives me a great eye look every time I use it. This is the only eyeshadow palette I would ever consider purchasing twice. The colours are wonderful and they look great on the eyes. They blend perfectly and I can create lots of different looks with it - everyday neutral, smoky eye, colourful eye etc.

on 10/9/2017 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Lovely palette! Very universal you can get very natural looks to bold smokey eyes or colourful looks with just using this. I like to have my own matte creme shade as tempera has a bit of a sheen and I prefer my browbone matte. But I can use tempera I just prefer a matte when I have one with me.

ALL shades are pigmented and blend like a dream. Over a primer they stay on vibrant untill I remove them (the best primer for the longest staying power is the bareminerals primetime eyeshadow primer - I dont get it how I never hear anyone raving about it????? 100% recomnend!)

The brush is ok. I feel like the fluffy side does kick up more powder in the pan. I always use my own fluffy brushes (zoeva) and dont notice to much kickup in the pan but I always dip in very gentle and never swirl the brush.

As the velvet case gets dirty I store it in the box it came with.

Highly recommend. I got a backup just in case they ever stop selling this or change formula. It is that good.

Sorry englisch is not my first language ;)