Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.9

on 11/11/2017 4:21:00 AM

Absolutely beautiful product. Applies and blends like a dream, and I have already hit pan on half the palette. I will say there is sometimes some minor fallout, but I do my eyemakeup first, so its not really an issue for me. The packaging does get dirty easily, I find, but other wise, I highly recommend this product.

This palette has a nice colour selection. They appear to be very bold and bright, and they certainly can be, but can be extremely soft and natural as well. You can achieve great neutral, day time looks, but can go full glam or full dramatique and bold as well. It's very versatile.
The quality of the eyeshadows is amazing. They are soft, buttery, extremely pigmented and blend very effortlessly. The brush is great as well. Althought I imagined it to be bigger based on the videos and pictures I saw before purchasing it, I don't regret it. For the quality, the price tag is great. The shade primavera, btw, is an amazing shade for an upper lip/tip of the nose highlight. So ethereal looking.
In conclusion, this is an amazing palette to add to your collection. I believe you won't regret it.
The only downside, for me at least, is the packaging. Although the velvety packaging is gorgeous, it can get messy real quick. First time I used it, it was already stained. But except for that, it's great.

on 7/21/2017 12:46:00 PM

Very pigmented, easy-to-blend, and a reasonable sized pan

If you're looking for a color-rich, super pigmented, creamy eyeshadow palette, then this is the stuff you're looking for. I didn't really believe at first that Modern Renaissance was as good as it was hyped to be, until I actually went and bought it for myself. Like actual WOW!! The colors are suuuuper gorgeous - the ochres and browns are perfect for a lot of the looks I do since I'm a redhead, but I'm equally and dangerously obsessed with all the berry hues. The colors are just to DIE FOR. They're also very blendable, much to my pleasant surprise, after using the crappy, super hard pigments in most palettes I've used. It has a wonderfully buttery consistency that makes application so much easier - and I love it. You don't have to dig into the pan to get a rich swipe of color. Fallout is fairly common, so you'll need to tap your brush off notably more often; but I don't feel like it wastes a lot of product. There are different opinions towards the brush included, and it all depends on preference. For blendability, I think it does very well. The bristles, however, do come out often enough that it CAN become annoying for some. The velvet packaging is pretty, but it becomes dirty very easily; so I can safely say I didn't buy it for the outside. I had to break bank a little to bring this beauty home, but I think it was definitely worth the money. I absolutely fell in love with it. I've never hit pan so fast!! Lol. I would very likely buy it again.

on 7/17/2017 7:33:00 AM

This is my holy grail pallette, I can't explain how much I love it. I've hit pan on about 80% of the colours now meaning I'm going to definitely buy a new one. The colours are amazing, pigmented, easy to blend. The mattes blend perfectly without blending into nothing and the shimmery colours are so pigmented and amazing. I even love the brush it comes with however I never normally like brushes that come with palletes! I prefer it to my morphe fluffy blending brush! Overall this is a great palette, I would definitely recommend this the colour range is amazing, there's something for all skin types and he eyeshadow lasts allll day.

on 7/14/2017 9:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Another review isnt needed but oh well 🤷🏻‍♀️
I didnt want to suck in to the hype and buy this palette cause I already own so many neutral palettes and was trying to avoid this one. UGHH but i couldnt literally not 1 person (well actually ONLY a few ok) doesnt like this palette. And i see why now, the shades are so soft and silky to the touch. I can only use a super soft brush with these shadows and tap super super lightly. Do NOT use a scratchy brush, the kick up will be insane. And be careful picking up the shadows because yes they are so pigmented. I actually prefer not to use this on days im in a rush because i find i need time to be gentle with this and blend it out and such, so for fast days i prefer average pigmented shadows. But besides that i think this palette is so worth the money, i would reccomend it (just make sure you be gentle with it cuz like many have said the kick up is intense). The brush that came with it actually isnt bad but dont use it for the palette cause its not soft enough. The colour scheme is really beautiful and i love the variety of looks you can make. Only thing id love is maybe another lid shade option but its still a beautiful palette ^^

i have to say i love this palette sooo much. The color range of this palette is everything you need, it blends easily, the shadow is just so pigmented.
Even it has a lot of fall out sometimes i highly recommend this thing. The only problem is the packaging its pretty but it sucks

on 4/17/2017 11:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This palette really does live up to the hype in my opinion. I've been really enjoying warm tones recently, and this appears to be the palette that rules warm tones (despite the ability to create cool looks with it), and I am extremely happy I purchased this.

SHADOW QUALITY: These are the best shadows I've ever worked with. They are very soft, so if you prefer working with a stiffer formula (like Urban Decay), these perhaps aren't for you, but I find them to be intensely pigmented and blend fantastically. The downside is that as others have mentioned, there is a lot of fall out (don't swipe these shadows, just tap them gently in the pan to minimise this as much as possible), but for the quality of the shadows, it is something I can overlook. Some have said that this means that it is easily used up, which I can see how it may be an issue. I've found the longevity of the shadows to be good, although I always wear with a primer (usually TF Shadow Insurance).

SHADE SELECTION/COHESION: When I first looked at the palette, I wasn't sure if you could get many looks out of it, but since playing with it, I find it not to be the case. You can do extremely warm looks, my go to would be Burnt Orange as transition, Golden Ochre or Primavera on the lid (depending if it's a matte look or not), and Realgar on the outer lid, and Cyprus Umber in the outer V. Similarly, a cool toned look can be made with Buon Fresco as transition, Vermeer on the lid and Venetian Red/Love Letter on the outer lid. For a very neutral look, I'd use the first quad on the left. I personally find the palette to be very cohesive (partly owing to the majority of mattes) - there's plenty of transition shades etc. Additionally, Vermeer is a dupe (albeit a better version) for Bootycall from Naked 2, which is my favourite inner corner highlight. The only thing I'd say this palette is missing is a black, but I have numerous matte blacks in my collection, so it is not an issue for me.

PACKAGING: Packaging is functional and pretty (although prone to grubbiness! I keep mine in the box) and I just love the theme of the shadows. In my mind, a lot of attention went into it, with all the research into the shade names etc.

I simply find this palette to be a joy to use. I feel like the market is saturated with eyeshadow palettes right now, and it's refreshing to find one that's high quality. As a Brit, this was expensive (£41, or about $52), but I ordered through Beautybay and got free next day delivery, and the quality, in my opinion, makes it 100% worth it.

AMAZING!!! Pigmentation amazing, colour selection amazing. So many looks you can create. Blend so well. Comes with a nice brush and mirror. If you're considering buying it go for it

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This palette is stunning.
There are so many fabulous, varied looks you can create with this, from neutral browns, to deep pinks and burgundy's. My favourite shade has to be Buon Fresco, a unique lavender shade that just looks beautiful with blue eyes.
The forumla on the matte's is fantastic, very bendable, very soft, and very little kick up. I saw some people talking about there being a bit of fall out, but I personally haven't experienced this. I always tap off my brushes before I use them, and I think this helps to keep fall out of any product at bay. The shimmers are stunning, especially when used with a dampened brush. The packaging, to me, is gorgeous. It certainly feels like £42's worth of packaging. People have complained about the lid and the faux suede texture. I can see how this is irritating, and it does pick up product and can get dirty very easily. However, I just keep it in it's uni-carton most of the time so nothing can get to it.
Overall, I absolutely adore this palette, it's truly fantastic.