Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

on 11/17/2017 1:56:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I am tardy to the party on this one. This is a fantastic, high quality palette. The shadows are so smooth and almost creamy. They blend like a dream. I am no make up artist but this palette truly makes it easy. Never in a million years did I think I would like or even wear Venetian Red but I do and it looks so pretty. The only think I don't like is the packaging. The velvet case is impractical but it is pretty.

Simply Amazing quality! The slightest dip in the pan can paint your entire eyelid, and SO blendable as well!! I can blend these shadows in around 5 mins, which helps a LOT when you're getting ready for work. The only fault is that I dislike the two pink shadows (love letter and Venetian red). I simply dislike their shades. And there's only one shadow that really gives dimension to the look (deep matte brown). But I'm not about to give it less than 5* because the overall quality is above everything else on the market. That's right - there's this palette and everything else as far as eyemakeup falls under second category.

People who critique the packaging tend to forget they get an awesome double-ended brush in the palette. This brush should account for the packaging and not the velvety cover!

Buy this if you don't mind the reds, and if you do mind them (like me) simply get some single eyeshadows that have depth (deep browns, purples, dark duochromes etc..). But buy Modern Reneissance anyway :)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I don’t like spending a lot of money on eyeshadow palettes...I like versatility and many palettes only do one type of look or aren’t easy to blend. I’m still figuring out and experimenting with eyeshadow techniques and looks so I’ve usually stuck to brown and nuetral shades...a bit more forgiving but not as dramatic. I really wanted a fall/holiday themed palette and it was down to the Modern Renaissance of UD Heat. I watched a ton of YouTube videos and finally decided to try this because of the wide range of colors as compared to the more orange shades on Heat.
It is incredibly pigmented and creamy...I feel like you could be a total nube with eyeshadows and this would still blend beautifully. I even stopped watching tutorials and just played with the colors on my own (which is HUGE because I am really not that good with dramatic eye makeup and it usually ends up looking muddy or splotchy) but all of these work together beautifully and I always get compliments....it’s probably because I usually don’t wear colors like this.
I noticed a few beauty gurus saw it is only for bold looks but TBH, I’ve used it for very neutral, romantic looks too! I avoid the darker and more shimmery shades and it creates a really pretty, soft look.
Regardless of your ability, this is a really nice palette, I haven’t tried the brush it comes with because I just recently upgraded my brushes to the Sigma set and I’ve been playing around with those.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I truly enjoy this palette. Despite the crazy fallout, this palette is crazy pigmented and very easy to blend, hence the hype. I am particularly very picky when it comes to colour selection, and this palette offers you an actual variety of warm-pink-ish colour range, which is the current trend and right up my alley. My favourite shades are Tempera for highlight, Burnt Orange and Raw Sienna for transition colour, Red Ochre and Love letter on the lid and Cyprus Umber for outer corner (fancy names, right).

However, one lippie off for the packaging because it is not the most wise packaging. Like, if I create an eyeshadow palette with crazy pigmentation and fallout, suede would not be my first choice? Or my choice at all?

I do really appreciate the brush. The packing brush is dense and soft, while the blending brush isn't as soft, it is still very usable.

on 11/11/2017 4:21:00 AM

Absolutely beautiful product. Applies and blends like a dream, and I have already hit pan on half the palette. I will say there is sometimes some minor fallout, but I do my eyemakeup first, so its not really an issue for me. The packaging does get dirty easily, I find, but other wise, I highly recommend this product.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This palette was so hyped up that I decided to hop onto the bandwagon. I bought MR in April 2017, and fastforward , 6 months later, I have only used it like 3 times.The first time I used this palette, the powder kickback was so bad that it turned me off straightaway. (for your reference , I used Zoeva No.221 brush. ) I felt like I am losing more product due to the kickback and fall out than the amount used on my eyes. I like how blendable these eyeshadows are, but I really can't stand the fallout and kickback.

This is another much hyped about eyeshadow palette on Youtube. I finally gave in to the hype a month ago and tried it out for about handful of times and I have to agree with the positive reviews - this is such an amazing palette! You would really enjoy this palette if you love your warmed toned eyeshadows, but unlike other organge/brown/gold combinations that have been done to death by other brands, they threw in some gorgeous rich pink/cranberry/red shades that may seem intimidating at first, but look absolutely gorgeous on. I love how versatile this palette is, you can do a very basic look to full on glam and there is a lot of possibilities.

The formula of these eyeshadows are so pigmented - I only need to dab my brushes (never had to swirl) and I get tons of pigment. The colors are easy to blend but don't get muddy. I cannot comment on the staying power because I also have my primer on so they stay all day.

The only thing I am not crazy about is the packaging. It looks beautiful, but I wish they didn't make it in suede it gets dirty real quickly. I am so bummed about this because that means I won't be taking it with me while I travel.

Overall very pleased with my purchase and I would definitely recommend.

on 10/12/2017 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let me start off by saying that I am not an eyeshadow person and I love this palette. I have a few others but I never really reached for them like I do with this one. This palette gives me a great eye look every time I use it. This is the only eyeshadow palette I would ever consider purchasing twice. The colours are wonderful and they look great on the eyes. They blend perfectly and I can create lots of different looks with it - everyday neutral, smoky eye, colourful eye etc.

on 10/16/2017 10:03:00 PM

I can finally see why everyone loves this palette. Every time I see a classmate of mine wearing super pretty, buttery looking eyeshadows, I ask them what they're wearing and they all tell me ABH modern renaissance. One of my classmates let me borrow hers before I got my own and I totally understand the hype surrounding this. The pigment, the shades, the formula are ALL AMAZING. I was hesitant to get this palette because I wasn't a big fan of the magenta shades, but they're growing on me.

on 10/9/2017 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Lovely palette! Very universal you can get very natural looks to bold smokey eyes or colourful looks with just using this. I like to have my own matte creme shade as tempera has a bit of a sheen and I prefer my browbone matte. But I can use tempera I just prefer a matte when I have one with me.

ALL shades are pigmented and blend like a dream. Over a primer they stay on vibrant untill I remove them (the best primer for the longest staying power is the bareminerals primetime eyeshadow primer - I dont get it how I never hear anyone raving about it????? 100% recomnend!)

The brush is ok. I feel like the fluffy side does kick up more powder in the pan. I always use my own fluffy brushes (zoeva) and dont notice to much kickup in the pan but I always dip in very gentle and never swirl the brush.

As the velvet case gets dirty I store it in the box it came with.

Highly recommend. I got a backup just in case they ever stop selling this or change formula. It is that good.

Sorry englisch is not my first language ;)