wet n wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder

MegaGlo Highlighting PowderMegaGlo Highlighting Powder

4.6

on 9/6/2018 7:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I've only tried Precious Petals and the Wet n Wild highlighting palette (but after those experiences I don't want to try any other shades).

These are very glittery and chunky. Blinding yes, but not flattering because they just kind of really accentuate texture and look really unflattering.

on 9/5/2018 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This highlighter is amazing. The pigment is great, there isn't any glittery residue, doesn't transfer, and it stays put. I can't even imagine spending money on any other highlighters with thier shade range. Everyone, stop spending big bucks on highlighters because this is the one!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have tried blossom glow from this line, as well as precious petals. Being on the more pale/fair side, I found that precious petals was just too dark for my skin and left a darker/peachy stripe on my cheek when the light wasn't hitting it directly. I wear NW15 in the winter, just for reference.

Blossom glow, on the other hand has been my go to for a natural daily glow. It has a very subtle pink shift to it, but not so much that it looks unnatural on the face. My go-to way to apply it has been to take some on a small fluffy brush (real techniques setting brush) and gently buff into the skin when the foundation is still wet. This way, it doesn't look powdery at all and doesn't give a weird dry texture to the skin. It's quickly become one of my all-time favourites.

I have this in Blossom Glow which is a light toned colour with a slightly pink tint. I love this highlight on my fair skin!

on 8/4/2018 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have Golden Flower Crown and I love it! I'm stocking up!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Great highlighter especially for the price point! I have this highlighter in Botanic Dream and it's my favorite highlighter. In the packaging, it appears pinker but on the skin it applies very silvery. I don't mind this too much but if you wanted a pink highlighter this might not be what you expect. The tinge of pink is very slight in this product. I use a fan brush to achieve a blended and natural looking glow.

Sadly this is a pass for me. I've been experimenting with different highlighters, and I was fortunate enough to have a girlfriend give me one of these. It was the lavender blue one.

The blue was so prominent on my skin, and it's super chunky and glittery. I looked like a Blue Meanie no matter how much I blended. I have fair-medium neutral toned skin, and this didn't suit me AT ALL. I don't know about the other colors, but as far as formula is concerned, the blue one sucked.

Luckily I got a free sample of Cover FX Glitter Drops from Sephora, and I really like them. They are pretty glittery too, but much easy to blend and looks more glowy.

Also, the packaging is a turnoff. It's super cheap and looks like it would easily break if I put it in my handbag.

on 7/10/2018 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

None of the shades available seem to work on me. But I am NC10 and any shade even very slightly off is noticeable. Most were either too dark or too colorful to be used as a highlighting shade on me. And my crater face sure as hell doesn't need a shimmery blush so that alternative wasn't an option either. That does not mean this is a bad product though. I found it to be very high quality. The powders are extremely pigmented and shimmery, as every highlighter should be. If you can find a shade that works for you, grab it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love these highlighters!!! They give such a luminous and healthy glow, or you can go heavy for a blinding pop of light. They blend beautifully. I have bought 2 of them (Blossom Glow and Botanic Dream) and I love them both so much. They’re not chalky, they’re not glittery and they don’t look “cheap” even though they’re $5. I will keep buying these for as long as they are made. Wet n wild has really been stepping their game up lately and I’m impressed.

on 7/4/2018 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have this in "crown of my canopy", "blossom glow" and limited edition "white raven ". I had read many positive reviews about these but didn't take them seriously because I didn't think they could compare to my Becca or Urban Decay highlighters that I swear by for a "see me from outer space glow". I ended up buying the white raven because I was looking for that shade to try and I wanted a cheaper brand because I didn't know if I would like that purple tint glow on me. That was my first one and since I have three now, no question that I love it! First of all, these are like $5! That is such a bargain for these highlighters. I love the flat square packaging that is compact and easy to store or carry in your purse. I was pleasantly surprised from the first swipe to my cheek. These inexpensive highlighters can hold their own with their more expensive high end version (I hate the term dupe because it portrays that thrifty people can find a cheap version that they trick themselves into thinking it's as good as the high end version. That's completely false and unnecessary. this product isn't a "dupe". Its just a quality drugstore brand I like) they are very highly pigmented and even though they go on initially vibrant and bold, they can still build for an even brighter glow. It illuminates my face and looks so pretty on. It last thru the day too, staying as bright. It doesn't fade away as they day goes on and that's important. I've gotten many compliment while wearing these and I love to tell others about these that don't normally wear this brand either. My friends and I are high end cosmetics women typically because I find most of the time high end is better. Occasionally I find a drugstore brand I prefer and I wear it as proudly as I do the high end brand. This is one of those products. I love this highlighter and the colors I own all look beautiful on. As I find new shades I like I will add them to the ones I already have because a girl can never have too many highlighters _☺☺☺