Charlotte Tilbury Instant Look In A Palette

Charlotte Tilbury Instant Look In A Palette
Instant Look In A PaletteInstant Look In A PaletteInstant Look In A Palette

4.6

Skintone: NC20 with intense yellow undertones.
- The pale pink eyeshadow has a dry formula and doesn't show up on my eyes at all. It has a similar undertone with MAC's Yogurt matte eyeshadow but it is way less pigmented and smooth.
(+: It's great though for blending, especially if you want to make the brown eyeshadow less intense. I also use it on my undereyes to set my concealer because as it doesn't show up on my skin whatsoever)
- The champagne eyeshadow: Isn't buttery, not very pigmented. It looks similar shade wise to the TOO FACED - Marzipan ( Chocolate Bar Palette) but it gives almost zero sheen and it is so finely miled that it sits weirdly on my eyelids looking quite textured. I tried MAC Fix Plus but suprisingly it didn't look any different. It works only as a top coat over a dark eyeshadow. Very disappointed with it!
- The neutral medium brown eyeshadowis very buttery and pigmented, just perfect! It blends beautifully! Even though I'm not a fan of brown eyeshadows in general, I really enjoy this one!

- Bronzer: I would say it's a neutral brown, not orange, not yellow or greyish looking it has very slight reddish undertones that show up only when I'm at my fairest(NC15). It blends like a dream. I apply it with a Real Techniques Stippling brush and looks very natural.It brings the right amount of warmth to the skin and it can work as a soft contour shade.

- Blushes (muted light coral/ light vibrant pinky peach shade): I loooove the blushes especially the light shade, which is vibrant and gives life to my yellow dull skin. They are very long wearing despite the fact that I have oily skin. They are matte, pigmented, soft and they blend effortlessly on the skin. I'm very pleasantly surprised!

- Highlighter (ivory champagne): It reminds a lot of the Laura Mercier baked highlighter. It is finely miled just like the champagne eyeshadow. It gives a nice glow but nothing overwhelming. It's slightly shimmery but nothing over the top.

All in all, I loved loved loved the blushes and the bronzer & the big mirror, the's are the only reasons I keep reaching for this palette. The texture and pigmentation of the brown eyeshadow is perfect. I don't like the texture and the low level of pigmentation of her champagne shimmery eyeshadow. It's impossible to build it up.It reminds me of bad quality drugstore eyeshadows. Dolce & Gabbana, Dior, Clinque, Shiseido, Lancome, Tarte do too shimmery eyeshadows and they are pigmented! Now if this is what people call sophisticated then the poorly pigmented eyeshadows that many drugstore brands offer are consequently equally "sophisticated" and way less expensive! I wish this otherwise beautiful in colour shade was formulated differently.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Was gifted this palette in 2015 and have used it nearly every day since. I also have the CT Shade and Contour tapered brush and you can get away with applying all the products in the palette with this one brush if you're in a hurry.

The blushes and the highlight and bronze colours in particular, really work together. Although I love the eyeshadows in this palette, I find it most flattering to define my Asian monolids with black or very dark brown so I need to use a pencil or shadow with the product - meaning I need more products than this palette to do my simple every day look. Also, after getting thrown around my handbag a bit I've noticed a bit of powder has transferred onto the mirror.

Having said that, however, I am still in love. It saves you time getting ready and it's beautiful quality pigment.

on 5/27/2017 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have both the seductive beauty and natural beauty and LOVE both. I only have one complaint so I will start with that, in both these palettes the brighten and highlight shade are the same, so I would have put the golden champagne highlight in the seductive palette and rose gold highlight in the natural palette, especially since I find the champagne gold pops more so it's more a night time highlight. That being said, I have both palettes so I have the option of choosing either. All the products within the palettes are very pigmented and perfect for the name of the palette. The natural one is amazing for day to day looks, if you are a woman on the go and do your makeup on your way to places, or just have little time to have a bunch of different products this is perfect for you. The seductive (party time palette), is also great for traveling with you. Personally for me I like to contour and bronze and then add a shimmer bronzer (I like to look tan and glowy on a night out), however when I am in a rush I just don't have the time to do a 45 minute to an hour look, and that's why these palettes are amazing! My quick but put together (full face including foundation and everything else) takes 15 minutes with this palette. I will say if I had all these products individually it would add an extra 10 looking through my makeup back for each item! Highly recommend!

Edit 6/7/17: I got all 3 of these palettes now I like Natural Beauty a lot, I like it with Amazing Grace as cool summer look & Seductive Beauty w Stoned Rose or Bomd Girl also Kim KW looks awesome w Seductive Beauty & black liquid eyeliner. I showed these palettes to my mom & shes like they look all alike but I beg to differ I find that they are all distinctive (to me). In a nutshell:
Natural beauty: palest shades most natural & low key
Beauty glow: rose gold tones medium intensity
Seductive beauty: darkest hues most smoky & most intense

All 3 are worth owning I've been saving up to have all 3 =] it was worth waiting for these palettes are bomb after af now they are offered in a trio to save a chunk of money. These are LE so snap them up while you can Idk how much longer available. Perf for my bag. Viel Gluck!
---
Original review: I would buy this again (in a diff color) if I had the disposable income to do so. I bought the travel brush set to go with this palette as I plan to keep it in my purse (bcoz I like to carry my MOTD in my purse) but I got #GLOWMO rose gold Beauty palette & I am kind of dumb about MU & this makes me look like I know a little something about MU. I tightline with barbarella brown rock n kohl & some brown mascara (isehan) then I wear pillow talk lipcheat/lipstick w seduction lipgloss normally or when I need to Glam it up tightline with bedroom black rock n kohl liner, black mascara & Kim kW lipstick/Ibiza lipgloss/pillow talk lipcheat & never forget to curl your lashes "darlings it's the push up bra of the makeup world" (-CT) it literally takes me 5 minutes to do my MU w this palette u can skip eyeliner for a more minimalist look too. (5) out of (5) lippies really KEWL!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

La Dolce Vita - Pricey, but I luv this look on me. I get a lot of compliments on my large smokey eyes and full pastel lip. Eye pallet is long lasting but I am constantly reapplying my lipstick and gloss.

I travel with only this palette on a holiday and I am so glad I bought this palette. I don't need anything else other than this palette when I travel. It's compact and the colors suit me very well. I can go from day to night with this.
The quality of the eyeshadow, blushes, bronzer/shading and highlighter are top notch! Totally worth the price that I am paying for this product! The only reason why I won't buy this again is because I like to try on other palettes for make up. And am sure Charlotte Tilbury will have other Instant Look Palette.

on 1/17/2017 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm olive tone, brown hair & eyes, early 40s.

I love this palette. Each powder is numbered so you know in which order to apply each powder and each powder has a description, so you know which part of the face and how to apply e.g. Eyes, cheeks.
All you need in one palette, coupled with "paint by numbers" theme, makes it super quick to apply your make up.
The pixie woo CT tutorial is great guide on how to use and indicates the look.
This is a soft "natural look" palette so not a heavy make up look.
This palette makes me look like a brighter, polished version of me in a lovely natural way. I've been complimented by a couple of people since wearing this palette.
This is now my ultimate makeup for day wear, coupled with pillow talk liner and bitch perfect lipstick which completes the look fantastically.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of the best buys over ever made. Normally I find all in one palettes have a few duds or that there is too little of the product to swirl your brush around in - not so with this - all easy to use universally lovely shades

on 5/28/2016 12:08:00 AM

My only problem ith this palette is that I am afraid I will use it up too quickly! Gorgeous stuff!

I am neutral NW/NC 15. I use the pale pink shadow as a base, the brown sparingly in the crease (it can be a little deep on me) and under my bottom lashes, and the champagne on my lid for a natural yet polished daytime eye look. The shadows have lovely pigmentation and texture, with the champagne being my favourite (just the perfect amount of sophisticated, finely-milled sparkle!).

I am careful with the bronzer, because I can quickly overdo it on my pale skin, but it goes on a dream- no patchiness, no pulling orange, no sparkle. The highlight is perfect- again like the shadow, just the right amount of sophisticated, finely-milled shine. I will definitely be getting her bronze and glow duo at some point.

I do the swish and pop separately with the two blushes as per the video tutorials. I was kind of skeptical at first, but that pop of brighter colour on the apple of the cheek is so pretty and enlivening.

The packaging feels solid and is aesthetically pleasing. The mirror is actually a useful size. This is the perfect travel palette IMO.

My one change would have been to add a matte transition shade in the eyeshadow. The pale pink is too light as a transition on my skin, with the brown being a bit too dark ( but I make it work with a light hand) and I don't care for frost in my crease, being 41 and all. A lighter brown or deeper rose in matte would have been perfect, but this is just a quibble. I absolutely love this product!

I wear it with her Pillow Talk lip liner, and Bitch Perfect lipstick, both of which I am also crazy about. Trying these and the palette have made me so excited to try any and all other Charlotte Tilbury makeup. Fantastic quality!

on 5/29/2016 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

At first glance you would be forgiven for thinking meh, but lets not forget what the packet clearly states it's a pallette for a natural beauty look so it's not going to be in your face pigmentation. The eyeshadows are beautifully soft and easy to apply. The bronzer and highlighter are the same as the bronze and glow light to med so no suprises there. The blush swish shade is a peachy/light coral shade and the pop is a light pink which goes well with the swish shade. People bang on about the £49 (UK price)being expensive but if you add it up you get close to £95 worth of product so you get quite a bit for your pound. A great value and very handy travel product that I'm glad i own.