2.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

I was so happy to see this product with such low reviews, lol. I was starting to wonder why I didn't like it because I have heard a lot of good things about Better Than Sex Mascara. Maybe all the hype is for the non-waterproof version. The first major awful feature with this is the fact that flaking occurs on initial application. Who wants that? The second awful feature (and probably the most off putting) is that it is far from waterproof. It is almost laughable to call this waterproof. It has no staying power whatsoever - most NON-waterproof mascaras I've used have much more staying power than this. I almost always get a panda eye issue with this mascara under one of my eyes about halfway through my work day. I can't imagine using this while swimming, if it can't even hold up against nearly any sort of moisture or even a light workout, and so on. While I have come to expect this from most waterproof mascaras, I want to point out that it is pretty difficult to remove, even when using some of the best eye makeup removal products. The one thing that prevents this from getting a one star is that I did notice it holds a curl super well. However, the mascara clumps up super fast so imo there's a fine art to making it look good. No way will I be repurchasing.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Other

4 months ago

I don't get the hype on this. It does make my lashes look thick and long, but it tends to clump and the brush makes it hard to get the mascara applied evenly to all my lashes. It will also spatter. Lord help you if you try to apply it in a hurry. Twice I have been late because I was desperately trying to comb through my lashes after I got on too much (which is easy to do.) Once you do that there is just about no way to fix it short of taking it all off and starting over. I guess the positive is that I definitely didn't need eyeliner those days. The price is really jacked, though I like the feel of the heavy tube. It's pretty. But otherwise, my search for a good cruelty-free mascara continues.

About reviewer (57 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

4 months ago

I love this mascara. It’s kinda expensive so it’s not something I go out every 3 months and get, but when I have the money IM BUYING IT. It makes my lower lashes long and thick. Treat yo self if you have the chance

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Dry, Dark, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

5 months ago

Do not get the hype over this mascara at all. However, full transparency...bought this at Marshall's where they had just stocked the shelves with a number of these waterproof versions branded "Better Than Love" (apparently, Too Faced uses this name on the packaging in Middle Eastern countries where you can't brand something with the word 'sex'). Both the box and the wand itself were tightly sealed and secure so it wasn't like this was sitting on the shelf for weeks and someone came by & opened up the tube for it to start drying out. But the formula just is not good. It's clumpy, thick, goopy crap. I was not aiming for the 3 coats that they promote on the box. But 2 coats just gives you the tarantula leg eyelashes - lashes stick together in groups unless you take a separate lash comb. I'll try to salvage this and just stick to 1 light coat to use up a little more - but in all likelihood, this one will probably end up in the trash. I will give them a couple points for the brush - nice shape, and the exterior design on the waterproof tube is cute with what looks like a bunch of water drops encrusted all over it. Beyond that, this is $13+tax I now wish I had just put down towards my HG Buxom Lash mascara.

About reviewer (203 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

5 months ago

My lashes are long and very straight. I struggle with keeping curl. This mascara coats every lash nicely and does not pull the curl out. YAY! My second issue is that all mascaras seem to migrate under my eye giving me raccoon eyes by lunch or earlier. 99% of the time I only coat upper lashes so the running of the mascara is extra frustrating. This formula stays put and does not travel. I'm already on my 2nd tube. I would actually rate this mascara at a 4.5 and I think any problems with this formula could be corrected with better packaging. I wipe excess product off each time I used it AND I have to wipe the wand clean to keep this formula performing. If I don't clean the wand after a couple of uses, it gets really clumpy and hard to work with. Clean brush: No problem. For reference I prefer to look naturally polished with as few steps as possible so I'm not one to buy lash primers or layer different mascaras. Same rules for every product - you got one shot to get it right at 5am and that is it.

About reviewer (248 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrown

9 months ago

it doesn't provide a true black coloring. you need to apply another mascara beneath it to get that color impact. it does build and is exttremely difficult to get off at the end of day. i layer this over non-waterproof mascara. lots of pros and lots of cons. still searching for a good dramatic waterproof mascara that doesn't flake

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

a year ago

First of all, I like the packaging - nice and chunky. Other good points include the brush shape, it separates lashes well without clumping. However, I'm not crazy about the formulation. The non-waterproof version seems to give much better results. This just doesn't build up and give me thick, dense lashes in the same way. Don't get me wrong, it's decent - just not HG like the regular version.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

1.0

a year ago

The Waterproof version of BTS sucks as well!!!!

About reviewer (52 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

a year ago

Excuse me? This is a bad b*tch mascara!!! It's INSANE that this doesn't have better reviews! Listen, BTS is what you put on when you're about to go out and steal someone's man - it gives you the best thick, full, long, fluttery, 'take me now' lashes, PERIOD. And rest assured, our good waterproof sis does not flake, smudge or budge no matter what activities you may get up to. This is a HG mascara, no doubt about it.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Medium Brown, Neutral

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

from

a year ago

I’m not sure if I’ve got a defective product or if this mascara gets clumpy to everyone but i haven’t been able to apply it not even once without getting messy eyelashes full of clumps which btw are soo difficult to distribute. And it’s very difficult to remove also, wouldn’t buy it again.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29