Essie Petal Pushers

4.8

on 11/14/2017 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love a gray polish and this gray polish has a violet undertone, which I also love. My other favorite gray is Rescue Beauty Lounge in Stormy. RBL Stormy is darker and I see a touch of brown in it when side-by-side with Petal Pusher, while Petal Pusher’s touch of violet is evident. This applied smoothly like all Essie cream polishes, and two coats made it opaque. After two days, though, the tips were worn down quite a bit, and the polish lost its shine after one day, which is odd and never happened before with my favorite top coat (Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat, in the red bottle). So maybe a matte top coat next time. Still, I love the color too much to get rid of it, and I think this will be one I go to a lot. I would buy this again.

on 10/11/2017 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Essie Petal Pushers delivers a sophisticated, totally wearable dusty slate blue. The muted tone reminds me exactly of blue jean denim!

It's rich, creamy and fully opaque in two coats. The formula is dense, applies without streaking and dries quickly. I am impressed!

My hands are fair and cool toned with a ruddy red/pink undertone. Both blue and gray polishes typically don't flatter. However, this polish looks very pretty on me, and I'm thrilled!

The color is chic and understated, yet still delivers an unexpected pop. It's surprisingly versatile and seasonless, pairing well with both day and evening looks. What more could I ask for?

I'm very happy I added this to my collection.

on 5/6/2016 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Possibly my favorite grey. It's not taupe, and it doesn't turn into an almost black shade. It's a true grey. There's no glitter and it's not sheer, just a perfect, shiny creme. My only complaint is that as the days go by, it loses a bit of its shine and somehow pulls a little bit blue.

on 4/18/2016 2:05:00 PM

Beautiful grey creme polish! This is SO GORGEOUS! From their Spring 2015 Collection, Essie's Petal Pushers is a smoky, medium charcoal grey and it dries to a yummy, shiny finish. It looks AMAZING on the nail and I love it.

Excellent formula with this one. Opaque in two coats and no problems with application or wear.

Would absolutely buy this again. LOVE!!!

on 2/16/2017 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a lovely smoky bluey-grey cream polish. It applied smoothly in two easy shiny coats and lasted well over a week until I changed my nail colour. Beautiful!

Popular Polishes