One 'n Only Argan Oil Powder Lightener

No Image

1 review

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been lightening/dying my hair for many years. I have never been a fan of powder bleach. They've all been a nightmare experience for me. In fact the worst damage I've ever done to my hair was with a "~conditioning~" powder bleach formula by Blonde Brilliance (which I have a nasty review for in my profile). That was back in 2014. My hair has come a lonnnng way thanks to the release of Olaplex. But, I'm going to be babying my hair until the damaged section 100% grows out. Since then I've tried several other formulas. Clairol, ION, Loreal, Redken...none of them impressed me. Up until now my favorite lightener has been a liquid formula by Clairol.

This is definitely my powder bleach holy grail. I can not believe what a difference I noticed right off the bat using this vs other formulas. Root touch up day is something I typically DREAD but now I think it'll be much less of a chore.

-This mixes 100% EVENLY into a buttery whipped texture. THERE WERE 0 CLUMPS OF POWDER THROUGH OUT IT. That is the biggest difference I noticed using this.

-Played nicely with Olaplex. You'd assume all formulas do but that has not always been the case in my experience. Some separate from the olaplex and form 2 layers, which is a problem.

-Feels and applies like a deep conditioner mask. There was 0 dripping, it was easy to spread, didn't get all over my clothing, ect.

-I used a developer level 10 with this, which comes out to a level 5 after adding in Olaplex. I was able to get my dark ash blonde roots down to a pale gold shade within 40 minutes. That sounds like a long time but you need to remember I added Olaplex which extends the processing time. Yes, that pale gold shade was the desired result. I'm sure this could have gotten me to a white shade but NO THANKS! Violet toners exist for this purpose. If you bleach your hair til it turns white, no matter how much olaplex you use, you're probably frying the hell out of your hair.

-My hair doesn't feel dried out from using this. Yes, Olaplex plays a role. But it doesn't always feel this nice right after washing it out.

I wasn't expecting to love this so I only bought 2 1oz packets to try it out. I will be repurchasing and buying a huge tub since nothing else compares to this. One n Only argan oil powder bleach was EVERYTHING I hoped for.