Kylie Cosmetics Matte LipKit

Kylie Cosmetics Matte LipKit
Matte LipKitMatte LipKitMatte LipKit

3.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lipstick was the first Kylie lip kit I bought, choosing between Kristen and Dazzle at the Kylie store in San Francisco. I wanted a pinkish-red color that wasn't too neutral but also not too dramatic. I used the lip liner and liquid lipstick according to package directions, but it never fully dried. Even after experimenting with a thick coat and a thin coat. It dried a little bit but still felt very wet. There also wasn't a "turn" thing on the liner so I almost threw it away after one week before realizing I could sharpen it. The pencil's tip didn't look like it could be sharpened, I thought the plastic material would break the sharpener. It didn't but twice the sharpener broke off little pieces of liner and I had to continue sharpening it.
On the positive side this never rubbed off on my teeth. On the negative side, it really emphasized the lines on the sides of my bottom lip. I also have injections, not as big as Kylie's but my lips definitely aren't thin and have more shape to them than average. Anytime I ate with this product, the lipstick would rub off onto the center of my chin, and when I would wipe it off it would also remove my foundation underneath. Sometimes it would rub onto the bottom of my nose and I'm not a messy eater. I couldn't share food or drinks with people either (everybody does it, lol) because there would be color rubbing off on the straw and food. I would have to reapply after eating or drinking because the color would be gone from the bottom portion of both of my top lip, and top portion of my bottom lip. I also kissed a person on a date and afterwards, the lipstick was GONE. It wasn't messed up, it was literally no longer there. As if I never applied the lipstick, even though there was color transferred on his lips. It was so embarrassing to have my lipstick disappear and whenever I would go out to coffee/food my friends would point out the color on my chin/nose or I would be constantly checking my phone camera to see if there was any smudging.
Since the store I bought this from didn't accept any returns (of course), I still wear this lipstick on campus days/casual days but I'm basically just using it until it runs out since the color isn't bad and it still costed three times the amount of my usual lipstick. However, this product was really disappointing and doesn't match with all of the hype surrounding it, my usual $10 Revlon colorstay liquid lipstick in the same color will last all day and involves no retouching at all, even if I'm eating or kissing. I understand Kylie Cosmetics has higher prices to avoid over saturation or going out of style, but I see this more as a brand for her fans and not those looking for quality makeup products. I recommend her highlighters and matte lipsticks but the velvet lip kit was just really embarassing for me to wear :(

on 5/6/2018 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Kylie Jenner autunm lip kit review:
Is a weird orange pink color. The box looks more burnt orange than swatches online, so I was worried. I mistakened the lipstick for a gloss at first.It is matte and verydrying. It has a weird artificial vanilla smell. The lipstick and lipliner do match.Don't know if it sharpens well yet.

on 4/24/2018 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this product, I just think it’s a little too overpriced. Would repurchase if I ran out of it, but I’d rather buy other products than stick to this one.

It doesn’t transfer and stays on pretty well. A tad bit drying, but not uncomfortable. I even forget that its there! I just feel like this product is overpriced - you’re paying for the Kylie Jenner name on the product and not the product itself.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Any and all of Kylie Jenner's make up is garbage. Customer service is horrible and she markets towards 7 year olds but y'all goofy people will still buy from her.

on 2/13/2018 2:41:00 AM

The colours are extremely misleading & nothing like visually shown on the website or described.
For instance Kristen is described as a warm brown berry, when in reality it is a bright fluorescent orange red. It also iany colourstay ( which it should be for the price ) & rubs off everywhere the colour Dazzle is also almost identical to Kristen.
The product is cheap Chinese crap & you can buy similar on eBay for $1 delivered.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Got my kit in the shade Pumpkin. The colour suits me well. I have to say that this is one of my favourite liquid lipstick. It is thick and creamy yet it slides perfectly on my lips and dries fast. No bleeding, does not budge/transfer and it is long lasting. The lip liner helps the color to stay on longer. Lip liner is okay and I love it too. The only minus point of the lipstick is that after months using it, it gets drier. Like I can feel the difference between when I first used it and 10 months after. I have other lipstick that after months still felt the same. The price is okay, considering that you get a liner as well.

on 1/13/2018 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The liquid lipstick half of these are absolute garbage. Would not purchase again. However, the lipliners are AMAZING and definately recommend. Packaging is nice! Would repurchase lipliner but not liquid lipstick

Honestly, I’m not a fan of the KarJenners. But after all the hype I had to buy a few and test them out. For the price point they are actually amazing and other brand charges over 40$ for these. They are long lasting and they are a bit drying like all matte liquid lipstick!!! But it is very comfortable to wear. I think her products are really good and the price point is lower since there not available in stores. Other brands are much more expensive and lower quality. I always order her products and I have never had a problem with shipping. It’s always quick.

OK, honestly, it is over priced. just think about, kylie cosmetics is the most profitable cometics out there, so do your maths.
the product itself is not bad in terms of it does have a few very nice colours. However it is a bit drying...the trade off is it does last long.
I didnt expect to receive any customer service, so i can't disappointed.
If it has promotion or the products are on sale, i will buy again. But at full retail price? No thank you.

on 12/17/2017 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My favourite matte liquid lipsticks ever. My HG. Especially Candy K, Posie K, Koko K.. I SUPER LOVE THE SCENT OT SMELLS LIKE CUPCAKES. Long lasting as well. Non drying. Bought some a year ago and the formula is as good as brand new. The only cons is its a little tad to expensive plus the shipping