Kylie Cosmetics Kylie Lip Kit

Kylie  Lip KitKylie  Lip KitKylie  Lip Kit

3.0

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Got my kit in the shade Pumpkin. The colour suits me well. I have to say that this is one of my favourite liquid lipstick. It is thick and creamy yet it slides perfectly on my lips and dries fast. No bleeding, does not budge/transfer and it is long lasting. The lip liner helps the color to stay on longer. Lip liner is okay and I love it too. The only minus point of the lipstick is that after months using it, it gets drier. Like I can feel the difference between when I first used it and 10 months after. I have other lipstick that after months still felt the same. The price is okay, considering that you get a liner as well.

OK, honestly, it is over priced. just think about, kylie cosmetics is the most profitable cometics out there, so do your maths.
the product itself is not bad in terms of it does have a few very nice colours. However it is a bit drying...the trade off is it does last long.
I didnt expect to receive any customer service, so i can't disappointed.
If it has promotion or the products are on sale, i will buy again. But at full retail price? No thank you.

on 12/2/2017 7:53:00 PM

The worst! I have tried evert matte liquid lipstick and this one is the worst - even comparing it to drug store brands. It is the most drying of any of the ones i've tried and it starts to crumble on my bottom lip within 10-15 minutes. Then it starts to loook all patchy and it wears off after 30 min. Even when i wear lip balm before hand it still starts to crumble. The only pluses are the colors. I love them. And then lip liners are TERRIBLE! they're the same shade, if not lighter, than the lipstick. Sometimes when I wear Candy K I look like a dead person. She really needs to change her formula. And why do ppl think the packaging is cute? It's so stupid looking. Kat Von D, Nars, & ABH are the GOAT!

Honestly I'm surprised that a formula this patchy and sticky has so many good reviews. I love the colors, but the formula is literal garbage. It doesn't really ever "set" on my lips and rubs off unevenly. The lip liner is a lot better, but you don't get much and it seems to go fast.

on 10/23/2017 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I kinda hate myself for saying this but I actually think this is a pretty good product. Staying power is amazing, lasts me all day including drinking and some eating, with beautiful pigmentation. I do find it a wee bit dry for the first 30 minutes, but somehow it settles. So yes I think it kinda lives up to the hype. I won't be buying again simply because I feel like there's professionals out there who deserve my money more than the Jenners, and Smashbox is a bit better (albeit more expensive).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This review is based on my experiences with the lipkits in Candy K [neutral pink] and Kourt K [deep purple], both of which I purchased from the Kylie Cosmetics site, so I know that they are the real deal. I also have the Leo, Merry and Vixen lipkits, but my experiences with those has been different from Candy K and Kourt K, so much so that I felt that they deserved their own review pages on MUA.

Both Candy K and Kourt K apply easily for a liquid lipstick, and dry very quickly. All good, right? A brand of liquid lipstick that is easy to apply neatly, and doesn't leave you with your mouth hanging open forever, as you wait for it to dry. Sadly however, that is where my love for these end; they just don't last if I drink from a cup, rather than a straw. And if I eat? An uneven mess will result, even with something dry like a sandwich (especially with Kourt K - I'll need to remove it). I l do really like the shades, so I've worn both loads of times, but they never last for more then four hours or so, and can start to crack within two - my regular lipsticks wear for longer, and wear down more neatly.

I enjoy using and wearing the liners more then the lipsticks; nice and firm for neatly outlining the lips, yet feels creamy and soft. No dragging or irritation. Once they've set [30 seconds or so] they outlast the lipsticks for staying power. However; NYX is now easily available in the UK and, in my opinion, their liners feel and perform the exact same way [YouTuber Stephanie Nicole has looked closely at the ingredients for liners & she says that they are the same as ColorPop].

My major complaint is that when Kylie Cosmetics first launched they had a different, moussier formula for their liquid lipsticks, which influencers, beauty magazines etc will have been sent [I tried my sister's, which is why I ordered a bunch of lipkits myself later]. Fast forward to now and they're using a different formula and manufacturer [rumoured to be the one used by Color Pop] - I don't recall them telling customers that they had changed the lipsticks. Plus; I can't help but notice that lots of the positive reviews here are made by new accounts with no other review under them. Shady.

I wish I hadn't fallen for the hype about these and ordered them now. The price for the lipkits are already too much for the iffy formula quality, and then there is the international shipping, and tax & customs to be added = we are talking a "let's go to Selfridge's and hit the Tom Ford, YSL or Chanel counter" level price range, which is a level of quality that this not does not have. I'm actually rather annoyed that this brand has the cheek put itself at such a lofty price point, when it can't deliver a comparable quality of product or customer service to anything else at the same level.

I don't care either way for the Kardashian's/Jenner's, so having one of their names attached to this product didn't affect my review in any way.

on 1/5/2017 10:26:00 AM

I received the Kylie lip kit in so cute. I was excited to try the product out since I've heard good things. Online, the box, and the end of the lip liner all shown a nude color. I open the box and it was bubble gum pink. Absolutely awful and not a good looking color. I will say it stays on. Took forever to remove. Since I can't return the product I've resorted to blending the pink with other colors. Def won't buy again.

on 12/10/2016 5:44:00 PM

Like a diamond off a ring. I know a lot about products and this one isn't the best I would not buy it again. It does truly have some Plumping elements. Also the colors represent are a clear depiction of what you see.. But that's it. It's drying not so much on the outside texture-- you just have overall and while the Plumping ingredient and whatever binds it together is substantial overall the product does not. Its a good just in case you need

on 11/16/2016 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I got Kylie lipkit in Pumpkin today. The color is lovely and the lipliner is great. But the lipstick is just not good even though I'm trying so hard to make it work. It's so dry and flakes started to form with a short minute. I wear liquid lipsticks a lot but something about the formula for this lipstick is not working out with my lips. *sad face*

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I finally found the one!! kylie lipkit is the one for me. I just purchased Ginger shade 2 weeks ago and i fell in love with its lasting quality, i put it on in the morning before i go to work and lasts til the evening. Now another 2 shades of Kristen and Posie K is coming soon and im so so excited!

Popular Lipsticks