Wet 'n' Wild Photofocus Lash Primer

No Image

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water/Eau, Beeswax, Cire d'abeille, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Synthetic Wax, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Steareth-2, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de carnauba, Steareth-21, Acrylates Copolymer, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Cire de candelilla, PVP, Caprylyl Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Simethicone, Disodium EDTA, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Hexylene Glycol, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Lecithin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol.

I have very short blonde lashes, so I have to do a lot to get them to even slightly appear. The brush is a little bit too big, but I do find that it works pretty well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an odd product. This seems to make my good mascaras bad, and my bad mascaras good.
It's kind of a thick, white base that clumps easily, and can make mascara clump.
It kind of weighs down my lashs with wet mascaras, but not with drier formulas.
It seems to add more length than volume.
I use this on off days with my mediocre mascaras. It seems to make them last longer and give better curl. I don't use it with my better mascaras, as it seems to take away the curl and makes it flake.
Very confusing product. I don't know how to really feel.
C+

PROS - this makes mascara very easy to remove at the end of the day. It also helps to maintain the integrity of your lashes. I always use this to prime my lashes because it does help to make your mascara work even better. Plus it's way cheaper than the Lancôme lash primer. CONS - It smells like glue but after it dries down I can't smell it. One tube doesn't last very long before it isn't as effective. It's not waterproof. I still love this product and it's only about $3 and I use it every day.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

After applying this my lashes looked a bit thicker and longer. It also gave them a little bit of a curl. I see myself using this everyday.

Hi MUA,
Well I bought this lash primer because the price was right. I presoak in hot water all mascaras and mascara primers. The reason I do this is to get the mascara to glide on with ease and not a struggle. Many mascaras and primers can be a little on the dry side when it comes time to apply it. (As many of you know by following all my mascara and lash primer reviews, I don't recommend that you keep anything that will make your mascaras, primers, even liquid foundation in your bathroom! Why? Because hot steamy showers WILL cause certain makeup to not only dry out faster but also make your liquid foundation, even some nail polishes to separate! And as we all know by now. Mascara and mascara primers are only on the side of the tubes and not filled to the top. So, the more you pull the wand in and out, the more air you are allowing these products to dry out. I also should let you know that you swirl or turn your mascaras and primers and the less you pump the product, the better longevity that your mascara and primers will have! They won't dry out after a few uses! A few drops of eye drops will work wonders on these eye products. It's a slick trick, that works)! With that said, let's review the "Wet n Wild Photofocus MC Lash Primer". The number on the bottom of the tube is 849B. It's not tested on animals, it's 0.27FL. OZ/ 8 ML. This primer did it's job. I'm used to the double sided mascara and the other side had the lash primer. You can absolutely see the difference when you use the lash primer and when you don't. The primer does make your eyelashes much longer, than just using a light dusting of loose powder, or not using anything except mascara. I give both the top and bottom lashes 2 coats of eyelash primer. The consistency will not be like any mascara, because it's not a mascara. I did add two drops of eye drops and then still soaked it in hot water. After I take out the primer and mascara, I don't shake the bottles, I rub them in between my palms for a few seconds to mix..and then apply. Primer is white, so you can actually see how much you're putting on. The consistency isn't like white out, all runny and nor is it supposed to be. I apply one eye at a time, top and bottom..then I move over to the other eye, top to bottom. It does adhere great and dries quickly, also great. Then I apply to the right eye, top and then bottom and move to the left eye, top to bottom. There are no special ways to apply lash primer, just the same wiggle and up or wiggle and down. When you do apply mascara,just apply it as you normally do, I also use 2 coats of mascara, letting each eye dry a little in between. I feel I don't need to comb out my eyelashes at all, depending on how you applied your mascara & what mascara you use. I use Miss. Magma Mascara, I have both..one regular and one Miss. Magma Voluminous Waterproof* Hydrofuge. I will do a review on the Miss. Magma Voluminous *Hydrofuge Mascara soon. ( I absolutely Love the brush that both mascaras have. They are the Optimus Prime of Mascara Wands/Brushes..in MY Opinion)! I'm so used to eyelash primers now, where I won't wear mascara without a primer! The difference between the lengths of your eyelashes DO make a difference. I also did and still do recommend e.l.f eyebrow and eyelash clear color primer. I love my eyelashes to say, "Hello, look at my eyes". But that's just ME! People actually thought I were wearing false lashes. Nope, they are mine! I also read where someone stated the fact, " that they don't like when someone refers themselves as mascara junkies, ect." Well, guess what?! If I can make fun of myself and it's NOT hurting or insulting someone else..please get over it! I'm allowed to make fun at myself and have you seen the World we happen to live in lately, NO Offense..BUT I think there's much bigger problems in this World WE Live In Than What People Refer Themselves As! Lighten Up. We're talking about Makeup Here.Nobody said I couldn't lightly make fun of myself in one of MY reviews. 😍💝🌷

I love using this product before I use any other mascara. It lengthens my lashes and spreads them out before I even get mascara on them.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is okay. I've not used a lot of lash primers. It was only $5 I need to seriously start using it again but it is a white creamy substance you apply to your lashes like a mascara (& apply mascara on top & hope for the best lol). I would buy this again. Only coz I'm too cheap to buy a HE product. Wnw's philosophy I like it you don't have to break the bank to look beautiful. Elf has a better lash primer I haven't seen it in stores as of late but I prefer it if I ever come across it again I will buy it for sure but in the mean time this will work. I'm so sick of having to pay $25 for a MU product. I'm dang fed up w it. It prob cost 20 cents to make if that //rant over but at least if it comes from Sephora it is gonna be pretty good. Certain brands I can count on from the DS (ELF, wetnwild, LA colors) screw that they were all prob made in same.chinese factory & tacked on respective packaging. I'd buy this lash primer again til I find elf. Try elf's!!!

on 2/29/2016 1:23:00 PM

Here's a new lash primer from WnW. And overall, it's MEH.

It's better than E.L.F. and NYX, but not as good as Hard Candy. Those are all the drugstore lash primers that I've tried, and HC is the only one that I'd buy again. My experience has been that the best lash primers are (unfortunately) the more expensive ones. Lancome, Clinique, and Origins are my top three.

But I'm always looking for a cheaper alternative, so I was excited to try this new product by WnW. It was only $5! But I still had high hopes for it anyway.

It's a standard creamy white mascara primer with a bristle-brush applicator. Nicer packaging than I was expecting. But I found that the product itself has a thin, watery consistency which does not apply nicely at all. Also, it adds NO volume or drama, doesn't build up my lashes whatsoever.

Two lippies instead of just one because it does keep mascara in place and prevents it from smudging. But it's just such a wimpy product, and I'm not impressed at all.

Was extremely disappointed by this, wouldn't buy again.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nothing really exciting but it gives lashes a little tiny extra umph. Nothing to crazy it would like, better on thickening then lengthening. I got it for three bucks. Mediocre but cheap enough for that extra push in a lash look.