3.6

price range

Reviews

2.0

2 years ago

I wanted to like this but I found it just makes my mascara clumpy. If I wipe off the tube prior to using, it's not so bad. I agree with the previous review that it makes good mascaras worse and bad ones better. I found it did okay with my Jordana Volume mascara but with my L'Oreal Butterfly Sculpt (which I adore), it makes it clumpy and gives me spidery lashes, which I don't like. I ended up throwing mine out after trying it for a week.

About reviewer (475 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

I have very short blonde lashes, so I have to do a lot to get them to even slightly appear. The brush is a little bit too big, but I do find that it works pretty well.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair

3.0

3 years ago

This is an odd product. This seems to make my good mascaras bad, and my bad mascaras good. It's kind of a thick, white base that clumps easily, and can make mascara clump. It kind of weighs down my lashs with wet mascaras, but not with drier formulas. It seems to add more length than volume. I use this on off days with my mediocre mascaras. It seems to make them last longer and give better curl. I don't use it with my better mascaras, as it seems to take away the curl and makes it flake. Very confusing product. I don't know how to really feel. C+

About reviewer (120 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

2.0

3 years ago

UPDATED: June 16, 2018 Hi MUA, Well I bought this lash primer because the price was right. I presoak in hot water all my mascaras and primers that I am going to use. The reason I do this is to get the mascara to glide on with ease and not a struggle. Many mascaras and primers can be a little on the dry side when it comes time to apply it. (As many of you know by following all my mascara and lash primer reviews, I don't recommend that you keep anything that will make your mascaras, primers, even liquid foundation in your bathroom! Why? Because hot steamy showers WILL cause certain makeup to not only dry out faster but also make your liquid foundation, even some nail polishes to separate! And as we all know by now. Mascara and mascara primers are only on the side of the tubes and not filled to the top. So, the more you pull the wand in and out and pump your mascara's, the more air you are allowing these products to dry out. I also should let you know that you swirl or turn your mascaras and primers and the less you pump the product, the better longevity that your mascara and primers will have! They won't dry out after a few uses! A few drops of eye drops will work wonders on these eye products. It's a slick trick, that works)! REVIEW: "Wet n Wild Photofocus MC Lash Primer". The number on the bottom of the tube is 849B. It's not tested on animals, it's 0.27FL. OZ/ 8 ML. This primer did it's job decently at first. The formula is on the dry side and does dry out quickly, even with my mascara hacks and tips. It dried up very fast before I even finished the first eye application. As I started to apply my mascara and it looked like I had spider lashes. All clumped together and looked bristly dry. I was a little anxious about taking it off without taking my eyelashes off with it! I used a cotton ball and soaked it in baby oil. Held the cotton ball up against my lashes to absorb the mascara and primer, then gently started wipping away. What a mess! I took a few lippies off and no I won't be buying this again. I replaced it with Loreal Voluminous Base Primer. What a difference! I'm sticking with Loreal Voluminous mascara's and primers from now on. ????

About reviewer (46 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

3 years ago

After applying this my lashes looked a bit thicker and longer. It also gave them a little bit of a curl. I see myself using this everyday.

About reviewer (257 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

PROS - this makes mascara very easy to remove at the end of the day. It also helps to maintain the integrity of your lashes. I always use this to prime my lashes because it does help to make your mascara work even better. Plus it's way cheaper than the Lancôme lash primer. CONS - It smells like glue but after it dries down I can't smell it. One tube doesn't last very long before it isn't as effective. It's not waterproof. I still love this product and it's only about $3 and I use it every day.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair

3 years ago

I love using this product before I use any other mascara. It lengthens my lashes and spreads them out before I even get mascara on them.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesGray

3 years ago

This is okay. I've not used a lot of lash primers. It was only $5 I need to seriously start using it again but it is a white creamy substance you apply to your lashes like a mascara (& apply mascara on top & hope for the best lol). I would buy this again. Only coz I'm too cheap to buy a HE product. Wnw's philosophy I like it you don't have to break the bank to look beautiful. Elf has a better lash primer I haven't seen it in stores as of late but I prefer it if I ever come across it again I will buy it for sure but in the mean time this will work. I'm so sick of having to pay $25 for a MU product. I'm dang fed up w it. It prob cost 20 cents to make if that //rant over but at least if it comes from Sephora it is gonna be pretty good. Certain brands I can count on from the DS (ELF, wetnwild, LA colors) screw that they were all prob made in same.chinese factory & tacked on respective packaging. I'd buy this lash primer again til I find elf. Try elf's!!!

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3.0

3 years ago

Nothing really exciting but it gives lashes a little tiny extra umph. Nothing to crazy it would like, better on thickening then lengthening. I got it for three bucks. Mediocre but cheap enough for that extra push in a lash look.

About reviewer (513 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair-Medium