Garnier Whole Blends

Garnier Whole Blends
Whole BlendsWhole BlendsWhole BlendsWhole Blends

3.3

The Olive Oil Line of these was rec’d by Dr. Oz so dumb me I went out & got the shampoo/conditioner & the first time I used it it was great then I used it as cowash & my hair was yucky after & it took like, a month to get Normal w sulfate shampoos. It smelled good, it’s cheap those are it’s 2 big pro’s & the big con is the product it leaves your hair gummy, coated, & weighed down. :-/ I would not rec’d this. I will not rebuy!! —- Grade: D+

The conditioners for me don’t necessarily make my super damaged dry hair magically better, the are very average drugstore conditioners in terms of performance.
However , I will continue to repurchase them because Omg they smell amazing. The maple one makes your hair smell so sweet and gourmand. The Shea avocado one smells like vanilla. And the smell stays in your hair for days which is amazing if you only wash your hair 2/3 times a week like me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This line overall has been disappointing for me. I have the type of hair that is fine, but I have a ton of it, and my scalp can get oily and irritated. That being said, I now realize this probably is best for people with dry/normal hair.

I have tried 4 of the shampoos and 1 of the conditioners:

Coconut & Vanilla Shampoo:
- Made my hair dull and tangled, although my roots were somewhat soft (I actually did a separate review for it on here).

Illuminating Argan & Camellia Oil Shampoo:
- Made my hair soft and shiny, but my hair felt weighed down only hours after I showered. I had greasy roots halfway through the day, and my scalp hated it. It worked somewhat better for my mom since she has dry and thick hair.

Green Apple Shampoo:
- Gave my hair shine, but I had greasy roots by the end of the day. I used up the bottle, but I had to shower every day to keep my hair looking clean.

Oat Delicacy Shampoo:
- It smells like heaven, but my hair was squeaky clean (although still soft) while having minor buildup on my scalp. It irritated my scalp to the point that it was sore as if I had my hair up in a tight ponytail. I think it's the sodium hydroxide, which can be drying.

Honey Treasures Conditioner:
- Worked okay after a few uses. The scent is really sweet and nice, and the bottle reminds me of honey. My hair is somewhat less picky with conditioners, as long as they smooth and moisturize my hair. I think I would be okay with having a bottle of this on hand, but there are better conditioners out there.

I tried the coconut water and vanilla milk conditioner. It is marketed as a hydrating conditioner and it was pretty hydrating. Nothing special but not horrible. It is a thicker conditioner so I needed much more of the product even though my hair is short and thin. The thing i hated about this product was the packaging. It is one of those super hard bottles that are hard to squeeze. Not sure why they needed this type of thick plastic but I don't really want to spend my shower time turning into the hulk

on 3/7/2018 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My hair loves honey. I keep coming back to this. Bsl highlights blonde hair. I’ll keep buying even though not really a fan of smell but that’s what my Chanel hair mist is for. If you’re not a product junkie this is a good basic poo and condition.

on 1/28/2018 10:51:00 AM

I've been on a quest for a good gentle shampoo and conditioner. I have liked the whole blends line before with the coconut and vanilla, but I got tired of the coconut smell and switched to dove almond shampoo and conditioner. That turned out to be too rich for my hair-- the top was oily yet frizzy and the ends were a tangled mess! This is where the Whole Blends Oat Delicacy line come in.

I believe this product is new, and it claims to have oat milk and rice cream in it to soothe and cleanse your scalp/hair. I didn't know how rich it would be as I do have frizzy ethnic hair. Last night I tried the Oat Delicacy line for the first time and I am in love. It smells so light and fresh and best of all my hair is clean yet smooth and soft and piece-y all over instead of one big frizz ball or a tangled oily mess! When I shampooed my hair it did not feel stripped at all and the conditioner is rich but not Too rich. My hair is bouncy, the curls are defined very well (I used NO product just to see how the Oat Delicacy line worked on its own) and it's so soft and smooth from root to ends, which is something a straightener can't even accomplish!

Look for the Oat Delicacy line in your grocery store, it is a cream color bottle with a pearly pink lid. If you have finicky hair like mine or a sensitive scalp, or are just looking for a gentle cleanser that will bring out the best in your hair, please give this a try!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Smelling nice and coming in a pretty bottle aren't what makes a shampoo good. If that were the case, maybe this would be one of the best? But no, all of the shampoos in this line were awful. The individual strands of my hair are fine, but there's a lot of it, and I've never been extremely dry or extremely oily. But all the shampoos from this line that I used dried my hair out so badly after a couple washes that I got dandruff, which I've never had before, as well as a "squeaky" brittle feeling whenever I rinsed it out, which is never a good sign - it was like using dish soap, and it caused a lot of breakage, which I also haven't had issues with before either. I wonder if this stuff is really *that* intensely drying or if my body had an allergic reaction to one of the ingredients? Either way, not recommended.

on 8/3/2017 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have the COCONUT WATER & VANILLA MILK in the blue bottles. Omg it is amazing! It smells so good & it leaves my hair so smooth. It's so hydrating. I also bought the hydrating mask that comes in a jar for days when I need extra hydration & it works beautifully. I'm very satisfied & I have already repurchased it.

on 2/21/2017 1:52:00 PM

I really wanted this shampoo and conditioner to work for me, but i was extremely disappointed. This shampoo and conditioner left my hair immensely dry and brittle. Normally my hair is very shiny, manageable, and soft, but this shampoo made it feel heavy and dirty; i just couldn't get my hair clean. I will not be buying this product again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have the coconut water and vanilla milk shampoo, conditioner and hair mask. My hair is generally pretty easy to manage and I can use different types of products and not see any difference. This is the first time any products have given me any noticeable results. My hair feels as soft as it does after getting it cut at the salon! I think the mask gives the best results. I will for sure repurchase.