Garnier Whole Blends

Garnier Whole Blends
Whole BlendsWhole BlendsWhole BlendsWhole Blends

3.3

on 9/28/2018 5:57:00 PM

So there’s a facebook group for the long gone Faberge Organics Wheat Germ Oil & Honey shampoo and conditioner, popular in the 80s, but dwindled off sometime in the 90s. Someone on there mentioned the Chamomile Honey is similar (*not* to be confused with Honey Treasures, which has a strong, sickly sweet, artificial honey scent, which Wheat Germ Oil & Honey did not have). I do find the scent of this Chamomile one to be similar; almost grassy/ hay-ish and herbal, but this one is much stronger on the chamomile. If you like the smell of chamomile tea, you will sort of get the idea of what this smells like.

Now as a shampoo and conditioner, these are just so so. My hair is fine and wavy, and I find this combo makes my hair sort of flat yet dry, with surface frizz. I also get more shedding than usual on the days that I use this, I think something in this irritates my scalp. I basically like these for the scent alone. The scent does stay in the hair.

In the US, it’s a Walmart exclusive, and only certain Walmarts carry it. You can find which ones by doing a product search on their website.

I used the range for dry and damaged hair. I found the shampoo was overly harsh and left my hair feeling hard. The conditioner similarity did nothing to soften my hair. This product is very economical, but it did not suit my brittle hair. I will not reuse.

The Olive Oil Line of these was rec’d by Dr. Oz so dumb me I went out & got the shampoo/conditioner & the first time I used it it was great then I used it as cowash & my hair was yucky after & it took like, a month to get Normal w sulfate shampoos. It smelled good, it’s cheap those are it’s 2 big pro’s & the big con is the product it leaves your hair gummy, coated, & weighed down. :-/ I would not rec’d this. I will not rebuy!! —- Grade: D+

The conditioners for me don’t necessarily make my super damaged dry hair magically better, the are very average drugstore conditioners in terms of performance.
However , I will continue to repurchase them because Omg they smell amazing. The maple one makes your hair smell so sweet and gourmand. The Shea avocado one smells like vanilla. And the smell stays in your hair for days which is amazing if you only wash your hair 2/3 times a week like me.

I tried the coconut water and vanilla milk conditioner. It is marketed as a hydrating conditioner and it was pretty hydrating. Nothing special but not horrible. It is a thicker conditioner so I needed much more of the product even though my hair is short and thin. The thing i hated about this product was the packaging. It is one of those super hard bottles that are hard to squeeze. Not sure why they needed this type of thick plastic but I don't really want to spend my shower time turning into the hulk

on 3/7/2018 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My hair loves honey. I keep coming back to this. Bsl highlights blonde hair. I’ll keep buying even though not really a fan of smell but that’s what my Chanel hair mist is for. If you’re not a product junkie this is a good basic poo and condition.

on 1/28/2018 10:51:00 AM

I've been on a quest for a good gentle shampoo and conditioner. I have liked the whole blends line before with the coconut and vanilla, but I got tired of the coconut smell and switched to dove almond shampoo and conditioner. That turned out to be too rich for my hair-- the top was oily yet frizzy and the ends were a tangled mess! This is where the Whole Blends Oat Delicacy line come in.

I believe this product is new, and it claims to have oat milk and rice cream in it to soothe and cleanse your scalp/hair. I didn't know how rich it would be as I do have frizzy ethnic hair. Last night I tried the Oat Delicacy line for the first time and I am in love. It smells so light and fresh and best of all my hair is clean yet smooth and soft and piece-y all over instead of one big frizz ball or a tangled oily mess! When I shampooed my hair it did not feel stripped at all and the conditioner is rich but not Too rich. My hair is bouncy, the curls are defined very well (I used NO product just to see how the Oat Delicacy line worked on its own) and it's so soft and smooth from root to ends, which is something a straightener can't even accomplish!

Look for the Oat Delicacy line in your grocery store, it is a cream color bottle with a pearly pink lid. If you have finicky hair like mine or a sensitive scalp, or are just looking for a gentle cleanser that will bring out the best in your hair, please give this a try!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Smelling nice and coming in a pretty bottle aren't what makes a shampoo good. If that were the case, maybe this would be one of the best? But no, all of the shampoos in this line were awful. The individual strands of my hair are fine, but there's a lot of it, and I've never been extremely dry or extremely oily. But all the shampoos from this line that I used dried my hair out so badly after a couple washes that I got dandruff, which I've never had before, as well as a "squeaky" brittle feeling whenever I rinsed it out, which is never a good sign - it was like using dish soap, and it caused a lot of breakage, which I also haven't had issues with before either. I wonder if this stuff is really *that* intensely drying or if my body had an allergic reaction to one of the ingredients? Either way, not recommended.

on 8/3/2017 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have the COCONUT WATER & VANILLA MILK in the blue bottles. Omg it is amazing! It smells so good & it leaves my hair so smooth. It's so hydrating. I also bought the hydrating mask that comes in a jar for days when I need extra hydration & it works beautifully. I'm very satisfied & I have already repurchased it.

on 2/21/2017 1:52:00 PM

I really wanted this shampoo and conditioner to work for me, but i was extremely disappointed. This shampoo and conditioner left my hair immensely dry and brittle. Normally my hair is very shiny, manageable, and soft, but this shampoo made it feel heavy and dirty; i just couldn't get my hair clean. I will not be buying this product again.

Popular Hair Products