Garnier Whole Blends

3.4

on 8/3/2017 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have the COCONUT WATER & VANILLA MILK in the blue bottles. Omg it is amazing! It smells so good & it leaves my hair so smooth. It's so hydrating. I also bought the hydrating mask that comes in a jar for days when I need extra hydration & it works beautifully. I'm very satisfied & I have already repurchased it.

on 2/21/2017 1:52:00 PM

I really wanted this shampoo and conditioner to work for me, but i was extremely disappointed. This shampoo and conditioner left my hair immensely dry and brittle. Normally my hair is very shiny, manageable, and soft, but this shampoo made it feel heavy and dirty; i just couldn't get my hair clean. I will not be buying this product again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have the coconut water and vanilla milk shampoo, conditioner and hair mask. My hair is generally pretty easy to manage and I can use different types of products and not see any difference. This is the first time any products have given me any noticeable results. My hair feels as soft as it does after getting it cut at the salon! I think the mask gives the best results. I will for sure repurchase.

on 12/10/2016 1:53:00 PM

My sister is in love with the honey and the avocado ranges (the shampoo, the conditioner and the mask). But my experience is totally different. I have used the avocado with shea shampoo and mask for the first weeks everything was just fine actually I was happy with result. As a result I decided to buy another since I have finished the first bottle. Then I noticed my hair started to build up dirt and oil both my scalp and hair. It looked and felt greasy. I stopped using the shampoo and continued to use the mask and my hair looked really dirty and weighed down. I ended up throwing them away.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I sampled Garnier's new WholeBlends shampoo and conditioner in the Honey Treasures flavor. Whoever said it smells just like Coty Vanilla Fields was right on the money. If I were still using that perfume I would probably get the conditioner from this line just to intensify the scent and make it last longer. I still might get the conditioner again, maybe. The whole line seems like a rather cynical attempt to horn in on OGX's business - the bottle design is definitely reminiscent of theirs, as well as the "all natural" tag line. However, if you check the ingredients list you will find this line is actually much more in the vein of a typical drugstore line, except that the star ingredients are much higher on the list than you usually find in drugstore formulations. It is strongly scented, but I liked the scent. I plop my hair, and I was impressed with how well my waves stayed all day long after using this line. There is salicylic acid in the shampoo, which is good for your scalp but bad for hair color, so I won't be buying the shampoo. On the whole, I'd say try it if you are looking for a line with some premium ingredients at an affordable price point, but stay away if you were actually looking for a holistic line.

This is my second purchase of Whole Blends products. Initially, I purchased the Honey Treasures Repairing Shampoo and Conditioner with the leave-in conditioner. At first it felt way too heavy on my fine, dry, color-treated hair but after several uses I really started liking it. I decided to try the Avocado Oil and Shea Butter Nourishing and it was a mistake! Not sure why it doesn't do anything for my hair, but after using it I cannot style my hair and get it to hold at all.. It's so frustrating. It feels fine after washing it, but something about the ingredients keeps my hair from holding a curl or wave and my hair looks awful every day after using this shampoo and conditioner. I wish I had just stayed with the tried and true Honey Treasures! One additional comment I have is that I HATE the bottles this product comes in. I buy the 22 ounce size and when it gets below half full, it's so hard to get the rest of the product out. The bottle is very hard to handle in the shower and very hard to "squeeze" to get any remaining product out...Needs to be made out of a different material.

on 10/28/2016 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I have "stunning silver" hair, which can be course and dry. I tried Shea Moisture Honey line and L'Oreal Pure line. Both made my scalp burn and my hair like straw. So much for natural and sulfate free.

I guess I need the sulfates. The Garnier Whole Blends have been AWESOME!!!!!

I use the Avocado and Shea and the Coconut Water Vanilla. I use the Coconut leave-in and the Coconut serum. I haven't tried the masks.

My hair is so soft and shiny, and no burning itching scalp. And, it's cheap and easy to get.

on 10/28/2016 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've tried two products from this line - The Avocado and Shea Butter Nourishing Mask and the Coconut Water and Vanilla Milk Hydrating Mask. Both were okay products, especially for drugstore.

I have dry, blonde hair that is processed. It's fine, but I have alot of it. I also have hard water that causes me issues.

- Shea Butter Noursing Mask
I liked this mask. It's thick and moistuizing. It was more moisturing than the Coconut Water and Vanilla Milk hydrating mask. I used this in place of conditioner and as a treatment left on my hair for a few hours. It left my hair moisturized. With medium length hair, I did go through the tub pretty quickly, so it's not as inexpensive as first thought - because you have to repurchase more frequently. Overall, it's a decent drugstore product. I still prefer the Redken All Soft with avocado.

- Coconut Water and Vanilla Milk Hydrating Mask
I loved the smell of this mask. It's straight coconut and vanilla. The scent doesn't linger on your hair, but it's nice in the shower. However, it just wasnt moisturizing enough for me on it's own. I had to layer it with other conditioners. I did find a use. I wash my hair about once a week. If my hair starts feeling less fresh throughout the week, I usually just condition it (without shampoo). Because this mask was on the lighter side, it was perfect for that purpose. It didn't make my hair greasy, but added some light moisture. Sometimes I would have to add another conditioner on my ends, if my hair was overly dry. I probably wouldnt repurchase this version. Though, I can see it being good for those who have normal hair and don't need a lot of moisture.

I have been using the Garnier Whole blends coconut leave in conditioner. I have dry hair that frizzes a lot. This product smooths my hair like no other product I have tried (and believe me, I have tried a lot). I apply it to damp hair (mid length to ends) and blow dry. My hair usually gets tangled when blow drying with a round brush, not when I put this in. It glides with the brush. The only negative thing I can say is it seems to last only one day, then I have to apply 2nd day(I do not wash my hair every day-I wash every 2 to 3 days). Smells okay. Really good product.

on 10/15/2016 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've tried 4 different whole blends conditioners, haven't tried the shampoos. The honey, the shea, green apple, and the coconut water. Overall, I was impressed for what it did for my hair. My biggest concern is that my hair can feel dry and that it gets tangled very easily so I like a conditioner that is moisturizing and that can detangle. All of these performed well and all performed like the last. I didn't feel like my hair had more strength from the strengthening one, or more moisture from the moisturizing one, or shine and so on. All of them work at what I need for my hair though so for me it's just choosing which scent I like the best. And I have to say, the fragrance of these last longer than any conditioner I've ever used. Like I honestly perfumed my hair. Personally I like the shea one the best. It's like a cozy, woodsy, incense. I'd actually buy a bottle if it were a perfume. The green apple is my least favorite. Love what it does for my hair like the others, but the scent makes me nauseous. Bought at Walmart for under $6. They have a not so big bottle for half the price but I go through it pretty quickly so I get the big one.

Popular Hair Products