Maybelline New York Color Tattoo Concentrated Crayon

Maybelline New York Color Tattoo Concentrated Crayon

2.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to love this product but the packaging ruins it for me. Really. I purchased the gorgeous shade 725 Bronze Truffle. The colour is stunning, really much more beautiful than I expected: a neutral-warm mid-toned brown with just a touch of shimmer. It feels creamy, glides on easily, the colour really shows up on myquite fair skin, and it looks healthy. It doesn’t irritate my super sensitive eyes, and lasts for most of the day. If you work quickly and just blend a bit around the edges, it works really well as an all over shade... but you must work really quickly otherwise it dries too rapidly to move. Once it sets though, it really stays in place though, and doesn’t smudge. A thin application works best as if I try to layer it, it eventually sort of balls up into crunchy grains... while, not noticeable, it doesn’t feel good on the eyelids. So, the product itself is really great!

However, the packaging is a total fail. The crayon broke off after the second use and falls out of the tube constantly. I don’t even know how it broke off, as it didn’t do it while I was using it, and I didn’t even travel with it, so it was simply gently placed back on my makeup shelf... 🤷🏼‍♀️ Did the product dry out at the base to the point where it just broke away from itself already after two days? It doesn’t seem to make sense. Also the cap could use improvements too as it could click on/stay on better. Shame about the packaging as I surely would have repurchased otherwise.

on 2/17/2018 1:43:00 AM

Often companies will launch a line of eyeshadows in their collection where some will be good and others not so much. Unfortunately Maybelline is very hit and miss with their products. I am speaking about the ONLY shadow stick I was thrilled with: bronze truffle. The shade is a beautiful mid toned brown with some warm undertones. It is a gorgeous swipe on, blend with a finger and go type shade great for when you are in a hurry. For a more pulled together look apply some brown in the crease to go with it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought it in the Barely Beige color. This stuff is absolute junk! It goes on patchy, you have to really blend to get it to look evened out on the eye, and the shade has a icy metallic look to it that I don't really care for. Plus, this stuff does crease is not as long-lasting as it's supposed to be on the eyes at all.

This is truly one of the worst products Maybelline has ever come out with, and I definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone!

on 10/10/2017 10:04:00 PM

Terrible product. I bought it Lavish Lavender during summer. You get what you paid for. This thick eye pencil is inexpensive and of poor quality. It creased, broke, and partially melted in NYC summer weather. Save some money and buy a good quality eye pencil that you will truly enjoy. Would not repurchase.

I tried Charcoal, Lavish Lavender, Lilac Lust, and Pink Parfait.

My least favorite was Charcoal as it totally washed me out. Not really sure who would look good in this unless you have very dark skin. I don't think anyone should put the charcoal shade on their eyelid, as this shade is better suited for a liner than shadow.

Lavish Lavender and Lilac Lust are both very similar. Lavish Lavender has more grey undertones in it while Lilac Lust is more light purply and girly in my opinion. You don't need both. With both of these crayons, the formula often broke. At first I was able to gently put it back in the crayon but eventually it happened so often that I gave up and threw it out. I think I'm done with eyeshadow crayons for now because they just break so easily that I'd rather use the regular powder shadow. It seems overpriced for such a breakable product.

Last, I tried Pink Parfait - this is my favorite of the bunch. Pink Parfait should have had a different name like Pink Pearl, because it's less pink than the color on the crayon and leans more neutral or pearl. I was disappointed that it wasn't as pink as the packaging and name advertised it to be, but it's still a gorgeous color! It's hard to find eyeshadow for myself due to my fair skin and light eyes, as colors that are too bright make my bluish-greyish eyes look too grey. The formula is creamy and lasts all day. Pink Parfait really brings out the baby blue in my eyes and looks amazing with some black mascara! Pink Parfait is the only crayon I'd consider repurchasing.

I ready like this product. They are way better than the pots. The pots are kind of dry and don't blend well at all, they dry before you can blend them. The crayons blend nicely & aren't dry. Creamy application. Very convenient application, the colors are nice, the light bronze one is my fav because it looks like a light copper. It stays on all day. I prefer them to powder and pots. The color selection isn't great but I'm so glad they came out with them.
-Although maybelline keeps taking all the good products off the market, like master drama pencil, so who knows how long these will be available.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was so excited when this came out last year!

I was in love with the staying power of the color tattoo cream gel pots. I am lazy and needing to use a brush was too much effort... Also they would dry too quickly for my taste. I am more than a little disappointed when these colors not exactly the same! The original line form the gel shadows were AMAZING.

But after weeks of debate I finally got it in Audacious Ashalt. It's a very very very dark green and when you smudge/ blend it, you can see the green more.

I have the bobbi brown gel liner and again when I am feeling lazy, I use this jumbo pencil to tight line as well as add a little colour to my lids. I have a natural tan so for those with fairer skin tones, it might be too dark. I also put it very carefully on my lower line to sometimes.

I don't really get any smudging or move unless I forget I have make up on and rub my eyes, but duh, that would definitely smudge.

I do wish it was a little thinner as I tight line with this, it would be a little more precise and I do have small eyes but I manage just fine with it.

I think this is a great versatile product but really disappointed that chocolate suede isn't a colour here! That being said, it doesn't effect my rating for the product I did have.

The reason why I would not buy again is because this product will last me forever... Granted I also don't put make up on that often. ALSO, I have decided (after buying this product, and I have had this for 6 months) to buy from more ethical/ vegan brands. So as much as I love this product, I will not be purchasing this again.

Pro:
Easy application
Doesn't dry easily (assuming you always have the lid on when not in use)
Love the colour: Audacious Asphalt
Great staying powder
Affordable

Con:
slightly too big
colours are the same as the color tattoo gel shadow line
company does animal testing

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I love these things and don't understand the negative reviews at all! I have the shade bronze and Chocolate. They blend just as any other cream eye shadow would high end or low end. They do what they are suppose to do as far as I'm concerned. They also are less wasteful than the pot version as those are crazy hard to use up. I hope they keep these around and come out with more shades in the future. I have had no issues with these at all. Great product for the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this as an impulse buy in the color Barely Beige. I thought it would be a nice neutral color to use when I’m too lazy to apply eyeshadow.

For some reason this color has an unflattering yellow tone on my eyelids. I tried this with a primer as I have oily eyelids and anything I apply to my eyelids will melt off and crease without it. The formula of the crayon was creamy but the application was patchy. If I tried to blend the color to make it even it just rubbed away.

I tired it again with no primer and it applied more smoothly but the pigmentation wasn’t as strong as I was expecting. Not even an hour later it completely disappeared into my crease. Not that surprised.

Maybe it just doesn’t work with my skin type or the formula for this color isn’t good but the price I was expecting something of higher quality.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have only one of these in the shade "Pink Parfait" and it's an ok product. I use it sometimes to do pink rose looks, but's not a shade you could wear everyday for a natural look. It can be hard to work with this cause once it dries, it's hard to put more shadow around it. I would stick with the color tattoo pots instead.