NARS Cosmetics Velvet matte skin tint

Filtered by hair type : Kinky
NARS Cosmetics Velvet matte skin tint
Velvet matte skin tint

4.7

Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Water, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Isododecane, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Calcium Carbonate, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Triethoxycarprylylsilane, Aluminium Hydroxide, Trimethylsiloxysilylcarbamoyl Pullulan, Hydroxyapatite, Tochopheryl Acetate, Rosa Multiflora Fruit Extract, Ascorbryl Tetraisopalmitate, Citral, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, [ /- Titanium Dioxide (Cl77891), Iron Oxide (CL77491), Iron Oxide (Cl77492), Iron Oxides (Cl77499)]

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I really love this skin tint. I love the texture of it and it truly looks like your skin. I've never had a problem with it looking cakey and it is buildable. I love foundation and I am a full face kind of girl. Its a velvet matte which was a nice change from being completely matte all the time. I barely wear dewy foundation. I bought mine in the shade Seychelles and it was my perfect shade since I match my foundation to my neck and chest rather than my face. It does well with other products and covers color correcters and doesn't pull grey or ashy. I love this stuff. I only wish they had a shade for me when I'm a tad bit darker. The shade after Seychelles is too red for me. But for $44 I'd gladly spend it to look flawless

on 2/29/2016 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this at Sephora in the shade Seychelles.

I find this shade to be a tad bit too orange but I can work with it when using this with my full face makeup routine.

Even though this is labeled as a matte "tint" this can be officially called a foundation. I use MUFE F&B and this has way more coverage than that. One layer covers a lot. Of course if you want something full coverage then this is not for you.

This foundation has a satin finish. Not too dry, not too luminous. The formula isn't so matte that it's hard to blend. I had this issue with L'Oreal Infallible, MUFE Mat Velvet, and KVD. It's a creamy texture. It also doesn't go on too patchy.

I apply this using a flat top kabuki brush from elf (called the powder brush) but I may go over it with a beauty blender just to smooth it out a little bit more.

on 2/13/2016 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I purchased the Modern Minimalist Box from Space NK and got the one hour makeup lesson to go with.
I really like this foundation (the MUA told me that this isn't really a tinted moisturiser as it's quite thick). I usually use my fingers as I felt that the coverage was patchy when I tried to use a brush or the BeautyBlender. I also use very little, and one of the things I said when the MUA tried it on me was that I still look like me (which is my preferred look). It lasts pretty much throughout the day and only starts to get oily in the afternoon. Even when it gets oily, it's not that horrible foundation-sliding-down-your-face oily, but more of a dewiness. This might look different in the summer, though.

In general, it's a great foundation for those that don't like that heavy, made-up look - so, great for everyday. It's easy to use, looks natural and compliments the skin. I wouldn't use too much or layer it on as I think this is when it starts to look caked and patchy.

I also think that what you use underneath matters. The MUA used the NARS Luminous Moisture Cream underneath, and they both work amazingly together, so using something underneath that plumps up your skin will yield great results.

All in all - it's actually a nice foundation and one I might stick with through the winter, as powders aren't working for me at the moment.

You also get a generous size - 50ml as opposed to the usual 30ml.

For reference, I use Polynesia which, although I'm more neutral-yellow, still works really well for me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials