3.1

$45.00 on Nordstrom
Shop Now

Reviews

8 months ago

This is a heavy foundation, not a tinted spf. It will look okay if you water it down and/or use a light hand, but then of course you can’t take advantage of the spf. I purchased the second lightest color with “golden” tones. It looks more like jaundice if applied full strength, but again, okay with a light touch. I don’t recall offhand if Nars is a French company, but in my experience the French companies in general do not offer much for the fairer skin tones. If I were to repurchase this product, I would definitely choose a lighter and more neutral color—I think that would be only one option! And I’m really not all that light. I probably wouldn’t repurchase, however, because I really want sheer coverage with pigment, but full coverage with SPF. I’ll make do with this—we really don’t need more garbage in landfill, but it will take a little more work in the morning than slapping on the tinted moisturizer. I do highly recommend Laura Mercier for better shade match and lighter coverage. Hope that helps.

About reviewer (85 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

from

9 months ago

This is a miracle product and I believe customers that are complaining simply do not know how to use it. I have extremely oily skin and this is the ONLY product that not only matches my skin tone perfectly but also gives me other wordly glow. Sephora Canada has stopped carrying it and it is highly disappointing. I use Cuzco and literally need the smallest amount of product for my whole face, priorly moisturized.

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Olive, Warm

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2.0

a year ago

Unfortunately this is a joke when compared with the radiant tinted moisturizer. This looks lovely when applied with a light-hand and a beauty blender...for the first 30 minutes. First of all this is not a 'tint' it's medium to full-coverage. Second of all, this has got to be the most finnicky stuff on earth. I think they put a powder into the formula to make it 'velvet.' All it does is sink into pores and cling to dry patches I didn't know I had. The one day I made it work (by putting on so much moisturizer before hand you could see my shine from space) it looked lovely for about 3 hours...then it just began to disappear/make me an oily mess. By about 6pm (6 hours of wear) it looked like I hadn't put make-up on. However I prefer that to what it's done today. 2 hours in, one side of my face is completely broken up with pigment sinking in to my pores. I pride myself on my skincare, and really have quite smooth skin at the moment so dread what this would do if your texture is bad. I literally rubbed moisturizer in on top to get rid of it. Unfortunate because the radiant tinted moisturizer by Nars is really good! This is just a fail.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

a year ago

I have doubts about this skin tint, I bought it as a light makeup base but it can be built. The feeling when applying is great, nice texture but it smells a lot, it is the alcohol. So it tends to dry out your skin, and if yours is as sensitive as mine, tiny bumps appear if used dayly. On the other hand the skin looks fantastic and it feels quite light. It doesn't control shines though, in fact I could swear I get even olier.

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

a year ago

Ok so I really like this foundation because it has a light fragrance, good coverage and enough product in the tube but it is a bit expensive for the result you get. Whenever I use this, I feel that it looks better as time passes, definitely not a product that I use daily (too thick unless I combine it with some other one) but in events where I only have to be for a couple of hours and there will be photographs. It is necessary to be refreshing the face to not look very dry. Too much matte finish for my taste and not so velvety skin, if they have your shade and you are looking for a full coverage thick matte finish then it is the foundation you need to try.

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I can't with the smell. Smells like straight up alcohol. And it's hard to squeeze out from the package. Do yourself a favor and get the sheer matte or sheer glow instead.

About reviewer (97 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

I bought it because my best friends highly recommend this. Actually when I used hers, I love it much. I use shade Alaska. My skin is combo-oily and at that time, I think this is the best choice of my life. However, when the weather changes from hot to cool, my face will be cakey if I use this tinted moisturizer. Even when the weather's hot back, I can't use this as the texture is so cakey. I don't know why. One thing I knew is that I preserve it properly. I never use this again!

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

2.0

2 years ago

A truly disappointing, truly awful product. There are many faults - where to begin? Despite having oily skin, this product managed to give me flakiness. It sat in every pore and settled into every tiny line and wrinkle. Normally I can handle a bit of cakiness at the start of the day, before the oily deluge sets in and more or less neutralises it. But this product never gelled with the skin. I managed to look oily and cakey and flaky at the same time and stayed that way all day. It sat on top and never 'melted' in. I bitterly regret paying the money for it but feel bad throwing it away. Maybe I'll leave it in the gym changing room for someone else to try (like that Japanese horror movie The Ring, where you pass on the curse to the next person...)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2 years ago

When ever i wear this product it starts craking on my face i only bought it like a week ago. My opinion is that it was a waste of my money???? sorry

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

EyesHazel

from

2 years ago

I don't agree that this is medium coverage. It feels and looks more like full coverage to me unless you have massive acne scars to cover up and I don't. My issue is fine lines but other than that my skin is good. They come with age and nothing much any of us can do but try to use good skin care and products that minimize them. I absolutely hated this and it's nothing like a tinted moisturizer so I'm not sure why the reviews for this are under tinted moisturizer. It's called Skin Tint and nowhere is moisturizer in the name and it's not recommended for dry skin. My skin is normal, never dry, slightly oily in the T zone at times. This was just a disgusting product for me. It felt thick and heavy and It looked painted on, like a thick clay like consistency and it accentuated every single fine line, hated it! Really hated it! It smells horrible too, like oil paint, but the smell fades really fast. It has SPF 30 and it does oxidize a little, so I would say go down one shade. It is super matte, which I don't like anyway. It did look better when I used a setting spray to make it a little dewier, but it accentuated every single line, even ones I never knew I had. In sunlight it looked awful. I didn't accentuate pore if I used a primer, but I don't have very large pores so that wasn't much of an issue but it did seem to accentuate them with no primer. I love to try new things but this was a definite NO for me. Back to my old faithfuls... Laura Mericer tinted moisturizer. Pixi tinted moisturizer, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, Lift or the regular Moisture Rich and Boots No7 Lift and Luminate......( LOVE LOVE LOVE and it's drugstore!!!) $45.00 for 1.7 ounces Description from Sephora: Coverage: ✔ Medium Skin type: ✔ Normal ✔ Combination ✔ Oily Finish: ✔ Matte SPF - SPF 30 What it is: A weightless, all-in-one, oil free, matte skin tint with broad spectrum SPF 30 and shine control that transforms the look of skin immediately and over time. What it does: Velvet Matte Skin Tint Broad Spectrum SPF 30 effortlessly perfects with a soft touch. Ultra-blendable and instantly sensorial, this glide-and-go, plush, oil-free formula works on contact, delivering second-skin perfection and boosting environmental defense. It helps to blur imperfections and even the skin tone with a soft-matte finish. It wears comfortably, maintaining skin’s natural moisture barrier, while working to control shine throughout the day. Infused with NARS’ innovative Velvet Illusion Complex, the Velvet Matte Skin Tint instantly transforms the look of skin with powerful optical effects designed to manipulate light, creating an immediate soft-focus effect that helps blur imperfections. Powered with rose fruit extract, it visibly tightens the appearance of pores with every application. It wears comfortably and weightlessly, while helping to provide antioxidant defense with vitamins C, E, and broad spectrum SPF 30.

About reviewer (781 reviews)

Age44-55