Pixi H2O Skin Tint

Pixi H2O Skin Tint

4.5

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Hexyl Laurate, Glycerin, PEG-10 Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499)

on 10/13/2017 2:56:00 AM

I have tried a lot of foundations, Nars, MAC, Bobbi Brown, Shiseido, Maquillage...basically whenever I use foundation I always develop rashes afterwards. Normally when I apply it, it looks good, my skin looks clear...I have sensitive skin but my skin's normally clear....then by the evening I would have noticeable lumps all over my face or dry patches where the foundation has settled...so as I still wanted to use foundation everyday but didn't really want the full coverage as the other brands offered I decided to try this.

It's a sheer tint that just gives me minimal coverage which I appreciate since I didn't want to feel like my face couldn't breathe because of the foundation. It evens out my skin tone and makes me appear fresh without being overly made up. I fortunately don't get rashes with this.

I bought this because I was looking for a light coverage tinted moisturiser that didn’t cover up my freckles and let my skin breathe. And I am in LOVE with it. It glides on (i use a beauty blender to apply) and my skin instantly looks even and healthy. The thing I really like about it is that it looks like you’re not wearing makeup - it’s very natural and blends into the skin nicely. If you’re looking for medium or heavy coverage I wouldn’t recommend this at all, but anyone who wants a natural look could try this. I don’t buy any other tinted moisturiser or foundation anymore - it’s this all the way!

on 8/19/2017 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I went through so many foundations. I used to struggle with acne, my skin has redness and texture as well as I get an occasional break out. All formulas I tried would just slide off after some time and break apart, and finding a shade for my tone is challenging (yellow tone and pale).
I never trusted tinted moisturizers until I tried this one. I haven't used my staple NARS foundation for months. My skin looks so natural and fresh. It doesn't break apart , it wears off during the day if i don't set, but it does so naturally and not in nasty little chunks. It doesn't make any dry spots visible, it doesn't transfer. I DO need a concealer for spots but i use about the same amount as with regular foundations.
My ONLY gripe is - I really want to recommend it to my friends with richer skin tones. Unfortunately the shade range is insultingly poor. Calling a toffee shade "Deep" is a joke.

on 9/28/2017 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this in light at SDM for about 30 dollars CDN. We recently got Pixi here in Canada and I'd passed it over after seeing how many of the skin care items had fragrance and ingredients that my skin hates. A second look at the makeup has made me reconsider some of the products. I have fussy and reactive skin with multiple sensitivities to cosmetic ingredients. I would consider this to be a light to medium coverage tint (medium if you build it up) and find it evens out my skin rather than hiding anything. I still use a dab of concealer on pigmentation and melasma, but I am really enjoying this. It's very natural looking on my pale olive skin. Generally I use the first 2 golden or yellow undertone shades in most lines. I love that this is so gentle, has no fragrance and is non irritating and has not caused any acne or clogged pores. It has a lovely watery gel texture and blends quite well with clean fingertips. I am almost 40 so do have some fine lines and my texture is not as smooth as it used to be. This doesn't settle in lines or enlarge my pores. I wear this over my sunscreen and set with pressed powder. It wears well and looks natural. I would definitely buy again. The one glaring downside to the colour range is the colour range. There are 3 shades and none are dark enough for deeper skin tones.

on 8/22/2017 12:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my new HG foundation.
Previously I was scared of lightweight and sheer foundation alternatives. I felt like full coverage thick foundation was the only way to hide imperfections and retain a matte finish, BUT THIS IS NOT TRUE! This product is incredible. It is a lightweight moisturizing foundation that drys completely matte. Its gel consistency is amazing as it drys down completely and refuses to become a shiny mess. I would say the coverage of this product is sheer to medium, but it can be layered on areas in which you need more coverage. It makes my skin seem airbrushed with a glow even though it is a completely matte formula. It also wears for a long time. I wear it to work (I'm a server) and by the end of my shift there is no creasing or missing areas on my face. The other thing I love about this product is that it will not settle in any wrinkle prone areas. I have deep wrinkles on my forehead and it is my worst problem zone. I never have to worry about creasing when I wear this! The only critique I have is I wish the bottle was see through so you can tell how much product you have left. yes it is a more expensive drug store alternative but it is worth it as it is one of a kind. I have never tried another tinted moisturizer that drys matte! I typically set this with powder but I have worn it without setting and it still lasts a long time.
There are only three shades but they are quite flexible to match most skin tones. I use the No.2 Nude.

This foundation was a splurge purchase for me since I pretty much only wear drugstore makeup. It has light coverage that evens out my skin tone, and a beautiful, natural looking finish. It feels nice and hydrating, but doesn't make me too shiny or greasy. The pump is really nice, and dispenses the perfect amount of product. However, the shade range is absolutely pathetic. It only comes in three shades that are basically light, light-medium and medium. To be fair the color is pretty forgiving since it's sheer, but there's no way you could wear it unless you're white or Asian. (I am mixed white and Japanese, and I am the middle shade.) There's really no excuse to not offer more shades, and I'm certain this foundation would be a lot more popular if darker skinned people could wear it.

on 7/31/2017 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I finally found my HG foundation. And for me this is a foundation because I don't like heavy liquid foundation even though it's marketed as a tinted moisturizer. This is medium coverage in my opinion and it covers my light scarring and spots well. I have a couple dark scars that I need to use concealer on but everything else is covered. My skin is sensitive to breakouts and this has not caused one yet. I have worn it for about 6 days and it's lasts throughout the day. I also have oily skin and need my shine free powder after 5 hours or so. It does not settle and cake in the lines on my forehead which is the problem I was having with other foundations both powder and liquid. This stuff looks amazing and natural and I'll be sticking with this! I have tried so many foundations and powders of all brands and most recently vegan and cruelty free options and this is by far the best!

For reference, I have combination skin with acne scarring that is prone to breakouts.

This skin tint is amazing! It's a gel consistency and feels cooling when applied. It is sheer coverage, which I can build up a medium if I really layer. That being said, I don't find that I need to layer it (even though I have acne scarring) because it diffuses and softens any textural or pigment issues. If you are okay with some skin peeking through, and are looking for more of a soft focus look than a traditional "foundation" look - this is for you!

What I like best about the Pixi tint is that even though it wears off throughout the day, it fades really gracefully. I never look patchy, oily, or find that this has broken up. If anything, it looks like I have freshly put moisturizer on. It also doesn't crease up in my smile lines or catch on any dry parts of my face.

I usually set this with the Laura Mercier translucent setting powder, but I also like it without any powder.

Great product - totally natural looking. Sheer to medium coverage dependent on your application. I like to look totally natural while covering any redness in my t-zone area. This does that wonderfully and blends like a dream. I got many compliments on my skin while wearing it.

The shades are forgiving - i went for Nude and its fine on my skin which is Mont Blanc in Nars/102 Ellis Faas. Its kind of flexible.

Love this and everyone should try it. The pump doesnt seem great but that isnt a huge issue for me - the tube is light and easy to take with you travelling etc.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am not really a big tinted moisturizer person because I hate to have my skin feel greasy and I also like a whole lot more coverage. However, I tried the H20 Skin Drink from Pixi and liked how much moisture it gave my skin without being greasy or heavy, so I gave the Skin Tint version a try. I find the color to still be a little too dark for my very fair skin, but I can use a lightener to make it work better without really affecting the performance of the TM. It feels light on the skin and actually dries (and stays!) semi-matte, making it look very natural. It feels light and offers a little bit of coverage just to even things out. I like it on light makeup days or days when my skin is behaving itself. I don't find that it is nearly as moisturizing as the Skin Drink, but it is more moisturizing than the foundations that I wear. I like the packaging, but I wish that there was a clear window or something so that I could see how much is left in the package. I also wish this product offered sun protection, because if it did I would rate it five lippies instead of four. Overall, though, this is a hidden gem in the Pixi line and I recommend it to those with combo skin who want light coverage.