Pixi H2O Skin Tint

Pixi H2O Skin Tint

4.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Hexyl Laurate, Glycerin, PEG-10 Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499)

on 5/4/2018 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

In a way, I like this - Natural 02 is a very good color for my NC20 yellow-olive skin, and the finish is quite nice and natural. It was quite difficult to figure out how to use this though... like, a month of use, maybe. It doesn't go well over all primers; because of the texture of the tinted moisturizer, it can become too grippy over certain products, which makes it hard to blend and makes me tug at my skin. The texture is a little strange too - it is a little watery, ad the water must evaporate a little before it's able to set on the skin, so when I first spread this out, it spreads out in beads. To get an even coverage I spread this around with my fingers and rub, rub, rub, till it changes texture, then pat it all over my face.

Right now, it works for me over tiny bit of oil + a little bit of moisturizer + sunscreen. I use 2 pumps for my face (which isn't very large at all), which gives me a light-medium coverage, which is about how much you get out of this without making it cake up. This looks super natural with powder over - looks very close to skin with no makeup. The wear-time is pretty good, but it's not a foundation that looks perfect on me the whole day, but I still give it a good rating due to how natural it looks. It has no alcohol and no perfume, which is good for my sensitive skin.

on 3/19/2018 10:02:00 PM

YAAAAASSSS! I’m writing this review as a person who has literally said that I want to wear foundation so thick that I want to look plastic. Yes. You read that correctly. Yikes. I began to realize that the thick ass foundation was actually accentuating all of my skin flaws; rather than covering them. I began easing into a lighter coverage, and nothing was really floating my boat. The tinted moisturizers were either making my t-zone like an oil slick, doing nothing at all, or they had this weird grey consistency. I have dry acne prone skin, and at 31, I’m probably also dancing with a couple of fine lines here and there. My skin type makes it extremely difficult to find good makeup for my face. That is, until, I discovered this witchcraft. It’s gel consistency is different from anything I’ve ever used, and is extremely easy to build upon. It gives my skin a nice dewy glow; without putting all my flaws on surround sound. I’m thoroughly pleased with this tinted moisturizer, and for the first time in YEARS I think I finally found a foundation-like product that I would actually care if I ran out of.

on 3/11/2018 5:15:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a little gem in the Pixi collection. I use this gel-tint on days when I don't want to wear a lot of makeup and it looks very natural. It has a light coverage and the lightest shade is perfect for my NW15 skin tone, but it does make my skin a little more oily. I therefore cannot use it on my nose, which is a shame, because it's so great at evening out my skin tone. Then again, I don't use foundation on my nose either, so I can live with that. The staying power is fine (but not spectacular) and it doesn't clog my pores. Love!

on 3/11/2018 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this TM because of the great reviews but it really does not work for me. It doesn't sink in and I felt was always sitting on top of my skin. If I touched my face throughout the day it would get under my nails. It didn't cover my redness. It also made me break out. I verified it 3x and it was for sure this product. I really wanted to love this - not tested on animals, fragrance free, you can buy it at Target (I used the app and got it on sale). Bummed I can't make it work.

on 2/21/2018 12:38:00 PM

This is the best tinted moisturizer that I have ever tried. That being said, I often have to remind myself that it is only a tinted moisturizer - not a long wearing foundation that I barely have to touch up on throughout the day.
This product offers the perfect amount of coverage for a TM- sheer, but pretty buildable. It evens out my skin tone, and makes my face look very fresh and dewy while still remaining matte. I've never had a fresh looking face while ALSO being matte. It is wonderful!

The texture of the TM is a gel cream. Once you get the hang of how to apply, it is pretty foolproof. I use two or three pumps. I dot it on my face, and let it like that for a few minutes. The texture is bizzare if you don't let it sit - it kind of slides around your face instead of melting in, and while you can see the pigment, it doesn't offer any coverage and applies incredibly patchy. But if you allow your skin to warm the product up (I am assuming that this is what makes it apply better) for a few minutes, the TM applies like a dream.

Again, do not expect full or even medium coverage from this. Expect just enough pigment to even out your skin.

For a TM, this is pretty long wearing product. Pixi doesn't market this to be Uber long wearing, but I wish it had better mattifying/staying power for combo-oily skin like my own. I can definitely get away with wearing this all day if I am diligent in blotting my face, but I do have to think about touching up more than I would with something like Maybelline Fit Me Matte/Poreless. That being said, when Pixi's Skin Tint starts to fade, it looks very natural. It doesn't cake up like a foundation would. So I'm cool with it.

Shade selection is horrendous. I use the lightest shade, Cream, which is a good fit for me. But there are only three shades total. They do not cater to darker skin tones. It's a real shame.

It is a little pricey for drugstore, but I will absolutely purchase again.

All in all, great product. Makes your skin look fresh and natural, and evens out the skin. I wish it stood up to the oily areas on my face better - but as far as TM goes, this is the best of the best for oil control. Just not as good as long wear foundations. But it looks natural as it fades away, which I would rather have. An expansion of the shade range would be ideal.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this tinted moisturiser. It is great for a no make-up look and you can build up the coverage if you want. I have fair skin and number 1 was the best color for my skin tone. My skin happens to be very dry in the winter so most foundations and even some CC or BB creams look cakey on me and give my patches. This one doesn't as it's so moisturising and it also leaves a nice glow. I use a primer before and some powder afterwards to make sure it doesn't run out, but even without this it look still pretty good at the end of the day.

If you are looking for something medium or high coverage I wouldn't recommend this, after all it isn't a foundation. But if you're like me and you just want to hide some imperfections and redness but still be able to look natural, this is an excellent product.

on 2/5/2018 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Clean, glorious looking skin. I adore this stuff. It is the ultimate your skin but better. The cover is light, so if I have any imperfections I use a little concealer, but it evens out your skin so nicely. I dot it around my face and let in sit for about 1 minute before I blend it out. This way it sets a little quicker and lasts a little longer than if you blended immediately. I love this stuff!

on 12/14/2017 9:20:00 AM

I love this stuff! I have purchased many a drug store foundation in the past in the hopes of finding a product like this one. EVERY foundation that I used looks so thick and cakey on me skin... even many tinted moisturizers. This is the first foundation I have ever found that has a gel-like, almost water consistency. I usually use a toner for exfoliation, a moisturizer, and then I'll apply this on top with just my fingers and it literally looks like my skin. I hate that the shade range is not inclusive but I have found that the shades are very forgiving. I purchased the medium shade for my tanner self during the summer and I have found that even during the winter, the product perfectly blends into my skin tone. It doesn't accentuate pores AT ALL. In fact, I find that it actually seems to smooth them out. My only gripe with this product is the price but so far my bottle has lasted me months!

on 11/19/2017 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is what I wished Bourjois's 123 CC Cream could have have been as a daytime TM--a sheer, featherweight, cooling product that evens skin out without appearing cakey or clogging pores. I love these cosmetically elegant Korean gel formulas, and they do fill a niche in the market. No SPF, but I'm fine slapping one on underneath (Ombrelle 60/30). This is what I use on my light-medium skin (NC25) in the fall and winter--the Nude is great then, although it's a wee bit light in the summer (the darker shade is too dark, so I turn to Origins VitaZing). This brings me to the ridiculous lack of shades in this product, which automatically excludes women of colour and thus explains my docking of a lippie. I understand that the Korean market might not require a rainbow of shades, but the world beyond that is a different story. Get with the program, Pixi!

on 11/7/2017 4:01:00 PM

I've become obsessed with using this every day since I bought it a few weeks ago...and I've already repurchased because I don't want to run out. I'm not a regular foundation wearer...normally just concealer and/or powder foundation/setting powder kinda girl. But this is nowhere near as heavy or full coverage as a foundation...it's a tinted moisturizer at best (hence the name Skin Tint) and it just helps even out the complexion. Very sheer coverage, you'd probably only like this if you already have decent skin to begin with. I myself do my regular concealer routine after applying this to cover the yucky bits (dark circles, redness) because this has very minimal coverage I find. I use one pump, over my regular day lotion...I suppose extra pumps would add extra coverage, but it's a bit expensive at $35 Canadian for a small tube. I apply as per the directions, with my fingers as I would a moisturizer, and then pat it in to blend. The lightest shade, Cream works well for my fair but not ghostly white skin. Once blended its undetectable on the skin, and feels really comfortable while making my skin look pretty flawless (paired with concealer). I can't imagine oily skinned girls liking this, as I find it kinda dewy...but what do I know? I really like the ingredients in this also, and no irritation or break outs. I do find it kinda fades away from my oily, always sweaty chin throughout the day though...so minus one lippy for that. All in all...I recommend for people who like sheer coverage and are combo to dry....if u fit within the shade range...