Pixi H2O Skin Tint

Pixi H2O Skin Tint

4.5

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Hexyl Laurate, Glycerin, PEG-10 Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499)

on 12/14/2017 9:20:00 AM

I love this stuff! I have purchased many a drug store foundation in the past in the hopes of finding a product like this one. EVERY foundation that I used looks so thick and cakey on me skin... even many tinted moisturizers. This is the first foundation I have ever found that has a gel-like, almost water consistency. I usually use a toner for exfoliation, a moisturizer, and then I'll apply this on top with just my fingers and it literally looks like my skin. I hate that the shade range is not inclusive but I have found that the shades are very forgiving. I purchased the medium shade for my tanner self during the summer and I have found that even during the winter, the product perfectly blends into my skin tone. It doesn't accentuate pores AT ALL. In fact, I find that it actually seems to smooth them out. My only gripe with this product is the price but so far my bottle has lasted me months!

on 11/19/2017 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is what I wished Bourjois's 123 CC Cream could have have been as a daytime TM--a sheer, featherweight, cooling product that evens skin out without appearing cakey or clogging pores. I love these cosmetically elegant Korean gel formulas, and they do fill a niche in the market. No SPF, but I'm fine slapping one on underneath (Ombrelle 60/30). This is what I use on my light-medium skin (NC25) in the fall and winter--the Nude is great then, although it's a wee bit light in the summer (the darker shade is too dark, so I turn to Origins VitaZing). This brings me to the ridiculous lack of shades in this product, which automatically excludes women of colour and thus explains my docking of a lippie. I understand that the Korean market might not require a rainbow of shades, but the world beyond that is a different story. Get with the program, Pixi!

on 11/7/2017 4:01:00 PM

I've become obsessed with using this every day since I bought it a few weeks ago...and I've already repurchased because I don't want to run out. I'm not a regular foundation wearer...normally just concealer and/or powder foundation/setting powder kinda girl. But this is nowhere near as heavy or full coverage as a foundation...it's a tinted moisturizer at best (hence the name Skin Tint) and it just helps even out the complexion. Very sheer coverage, you'd probably only like this if you already have decent skin to begin with. I myself do my regular concealer routine after applying this to cover the yucky bits (dark circles, redness) because this has very minimal coverage I find. I use one pump, over my regular day lotion...I suppose extra pumps would add extra coverage, but it's a bit expensive at $35 Canadian for a small tube. I apply as per the directions, with my fingers as I would a moisturizer, and then pat it in to blend. The lightest shade, Cream works well for my fair but not ghostly white skin. Once blended its undetectable on the skin, and feels really comfortable while making my skin look pretty flawless (paired with concealer). I can't imagine oily skinned girls liking this, as I find it kinda dewy...but what do I know? I really like the ingredients in this also, and no irritation or break outs. I do find it kinda fades away from my oily, always sweaty chin throughout the day though...so minus one lippy for that. All in all...I recommend for people who like sheer coverage and are combo to dry....if u fit within the shade range...

on 10/22/2017 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a holy grail for me and I have only one complaint, and that is the ridiculous color range. Only 3 colors. I have all 3 colors but I usually use nude and warm and mix them. In the winter I sometimes I mix in some of the cream. This has no SPF and I love that it doesn't. If I want sun protection I use Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. Sunscreen in some products really irritates my skin and makes it itchy. Why use it when you don't need it? Sometimes less is better.

Here is the description from their website:

• Innovative complexion-enhancing gel tint for a smooth, fresh faced look all day
• Cooling & refreshing formula gives a flawless finish to skin that feels much lighter & more breathable than a traditional foundation
• Hydrating, long-lasting & water-resistant
• Suitable for even the most sensitive skin
• Paraben & fragrance free
• Not tested on animals
• 35,l/ 1.18 fl. oz Price- $24.00

Target carries Pixi but I prefer to get it on the website. It seem fresher, I know it hasn't been tested or messed with and they give you Pixi rewards each time you purchase that you can use toward your next purchases, plus no sales tax and free shipping.

I put a couple of pumps from each color, mix them together on the back of my hand and apply with my fingers and smooth it on my face. I then use a beauty blender sponge and go over it. I also use Pixi sheer cheek gel in flushed, which to me is almost an identical dupe for Benetint only so much better, much more natural looking and so much easier to work with. I don't even have to wear powder with this but sometimes i do set it with Laura Mercier transparent powder or RCMA powder. It's not at all oily, it never settles in fine lines or looks cakey, powdery or shiny, just a smooth appearance with a hint of color. I use this almost every day unless I need one with SPF then I use my Laura Mercier or unless I want a more made up look and go with a foundation, but I almost always use this instead of foundation. You can build this if you need heavier coverage, but I don't need it and my main concern is that it not accentuate fine lines or settle in them and it doesn't, it fills them in. It lasts all day but if you sweat a lot it stays better if you use powder over it . It is a water based gel but it has excellent pigment and coverage. I love love love this product. There is nothing I would change about it except more colors and maybe a bigger tube. I also use the Glow Tonic which is fabulous and it helps keep my skin super smooth so that the H2O Skin Tint glides right onto my skin. I love tinted moisturizers and this is by far my favorite. No others even come close for me. Again, I wish it had the color ranges of the Laura Mercier but even with only 3 colors, I mix them and it works perfectly on my skin. Neutrals with warm undertones.

on 10/13/2017 2:56:00 AM

I have tried a lot of foundations, Nars, MAC, Bobbi Brown, Shiseido, Maquillage...basically whenever I use foundation I always develop rashes afterwards. Normally when I apply it, it looks good, my skin looks clear...I have sensitive skin but my skin's normally clear....then by the evening I would have noticeable lumps all over my face or dry patches where the foundation has settled...so as I still wanted to use foundation everyday but didn't really want the full coverage as the other brands offered I decided to try this.

It's a sheer tint that just gives me minimal coverage which I appreciate since I didn't want to feel like my face couldn't breathe because of the foundation. It evens out my skin tone and makes me appear fresh without being overly made up. I fortunately don't get rashes with this.

I bought this because I was looking for a light coverage tinted moisturiser that didn’t cover up my freckles and let my skin breathe. And I am in LOVE with it. It glides on (i use a beauty blender to apply) and my skin instantly looks even and healthy. The thing I really like about it is that it looks like you’re not wearing makeup - it’s very natural and blends into the skin nicely. If you’re looking for medium or heavy coverage I wouldn’t recommend this at all, but anyone who wants a natural look could try this. I don’t buy any other tinted moisturiser or foundation anymore - it’s this all the way!

on 9/28/2017 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this in light at SDM for about 30 dollars CDN. We recently got Pixi here in Canada and I'd passed it over after seeing how many of the skin care items had fragrance and ingredients that my skin hates. A second look at the makeup has made me reconsider some of the products. I have fussy and reactive skin with multiple sensitivities to cosmetic ingredients. I would consider this to be a light to medium coverage tint (medium if you build it up) and find it evens out my skin rather than hiding anything. I still use a dab of concealer on pigmentation and melasma, but I am really enjoying this. It's very natural looking on my pale olive skin. Generally I use the first 2 golden or yellow undertone shades in most lines. I love that this is so gentle, has no fragrance and is non irritating and has not caused any acne or clogged pores. It has a lovely watery gel texture and blends quite well with clean fingertips. I am almost 40 so do have some fine lines and my texture is not as smooth as it used to be. This doesn't settle in lines or enlarge my pores. I wear this over my sunscreen and set with pressed powder. It wears well and looks natural. I would definitely buy again. The one glaring downside to the colour range is the colour range. There are 3 shades and none are dark enough for deeper skin tones.

This foundation was a splurge purchase for me since I pretty much only wear drugstore makeup. It has light coverage that evens out my skin tone, and a beautiful, natural looking finish. It feels nice and hydrating, but doesn't make me too shiny or greasy. The pump is really nice, and dispenses the perfect amount of product. However, the shade range is absolutely pathetic. It only comes in three shades that are basically light, light-medium and medium. To be fair the color is pretty forgiving since it's sheer, but there's no way you could wear it unless you're white or Asian. (I am mixed white and Japanese, and I am the middle shade.) There's really no excuse to not offer more shades, and I'm certain this foundation would be a lot more popular if darker skinned people could wear it.

on 8/22/2017 12:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my new HG foundation.
Previously I was scared of lightweight and sheer foundation alternatives. I felt like full coverage thick foundation was the only way to hide imperfections and retain a matte finish, BUT THIS IS NOT TRUE! This product is incredible. It is a lightweight moisturizing foundation that drys completely matte. Its gel consistency is amazing as it drys down completely and refuses to become a shiny mess. I would say the coverage of this product is sheer to medium, but it can be layered on areas in which you need more coverage. It makes my skin seem airbrushed with a glow even though it is a completely matte formula. It also wears for a long time. I wear it to work (I'm a server) and by the end of my shift there is no creasing or missing areas on my face. The other thing I love about this product is that it will not settle in any wrinkle prone areas. I have deep wrinkles on my forehead and it is my worst problem zone. I never have to worry about creasing when I wear this! The only critique I have is I wish the bottle was see through so you can tell how much product you have left. yes it is a more expensive drug store alternative but it is worth it as it is one of a kind. I have never tried another tinted moisturizer that drys matte! I typically set this with powder but I have worn it without setting and it still lasts a long time.
There are only three shades but they are quite flexible to match most skin tones. I use the No.2 Nude.

on 8/19/2017 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I went through so many foundations. I used to struggle with acne, my skin has redness and texture as well as I get an occasional break out. All formulas I tried would just slide off after some time and break apart, and finding a shade for my tone is challenging (yellow tone and pale).
I never trusted tinted moisturizers until I tried this one. I haven't used my staple NARS foundation for months. My skin looks so natural and fresh. It doesn't break apart , it wears off during the day if i don't set, but it does so naturally and not in nasty little chunks. It doesn't make any dry spots visible, it doesn't transfer. I DO need a concealer for spots but i use about the same amount as with regular foundations.
My ONLY gripe is - I really want to recommend it to my friends with richer skin tones. Unfortunately the shade range is insultingly poor. Calling a toffee shade "Deep" is a joke.