Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter BronzerMurumuru Butter Bronzer

4.2

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

I know this is a favorite for many but I just don't like it. It's patchy and oxidizes orange on me.

on 2/4/2018 8:29:00 AM

I tried both the light and regular. Both were too pale and shimmery. They emphasized wrinkles and texture.

The fake sunscreen smell does fade after a while but occasionally you can catch a whiff throughout the day.

THE RUBBERY SPONGE APPLICATOR IS THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN. I feel extra bad for women who don't know to throw it away and use a brush.

on 9/7/2017 4:15:00 PM

I dont like this at all it looks muddy patchy and dirty plus its not pigmented enough i really dont see what the fuss is about so confused

on 7/28/2017 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Had to return because didn't show up at all on my medium skin even thought I was using the darkest shade of the 2. Also, smelled waaaaaaaaaay too strong like a chemical, artificial fruity smell.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I brought the lightest one and the color doesn't work well for my very fair skin (NC10). Its too light and sheer for a bronzer, it doesn't show up that well and makes me look a bit dirty, like I'm not bronzed on purpose, I just haven't washed my face. Its too dark and sheer for a highlight. And too matte and cakey to be a finishing powder. for me.

The packaging is cute but its bulky and hard to store. The scent smells strongly of rancid butter. I'm not getting anything like tropical coconut?? And it lingers all day. I really don't want to smell like off dairy products all day.

The powder quality isn't that great either. I thought ooh nice in the finger swatch but on my skin it looks cakey and feels thick and heavy. maybe because I have oily skin its not going on properly? I did try different brushes, buffing on vs sweeping on ect and I couldn't get it to work. The matte-yet-sparkly finish doesn't suit me either. I have very fair (mature) skin and I think this takes away all the natural light in my skin and tries to replace it with fake looking little sparkles. It makes my skin look depressingly dull like I'm in need of a good peel and I'm trying too hard to cover it up with fake/cheap looking shimmery powder. Especially when you're in full sunlight those shimmers are really obvious. I think I'll save up for a more refined bronzer. I don't recommend this for very fair, mature skins.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I do not like this bronzer at all. I bought the darker of the two shades which is fine for my skin. What's not fine is the smell. Holy crap. It smells so artificial..like those cheap lotions, I can't even. I'm normally not bothered by scented products but this is bad. The smell is just there, in your face, the second you open the lid. At least with the TF chocolate line, you bring the product up to your nose to smell it. Anyways, I'm not a fan of the product itself. I can never get a good bronze out of this product. It doesn't give me a sunlit glow, more so looks like an uneven tan on my face. I wouldn't say it gets patchy throughout the day but it'll literally disappear so some parts of my face has bronzer and others don't. I wasn't a huge fan of the bronze booster (brown packaging) one either but I'd choose that over this any day.

on 12/26/2016 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I don't understand the love for this product. It did absolutely nothing. It's so light it doesn't show up. Wish I would've returned it. It was a lot of money for something I used once.

on 12/11/2016 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Uh, I can't stand the scent on this thing, it's strong like holy crap. This apparently is supposed to smell like coconuts, but to me it smells like the really greasy white drugstore sunscreen that people buy during the summer - the cheap kind that uses chemical sunscreen like oxybenzone (which i'm highly allergic to).

Needless to say, this thing's scent brought up all kinds of terrible memories.

I don't understand why this thing's scent is THIS strong - and once applied, i kept smelling it all day that I had this on. I also purchased a bunch of other bronzers including the Wet n Wild MegaGlo Contour kit and Essence's matte bronzer (which i like a lot), and this thing is the only one with scent so bloody strong that i keep smelling it all day x___x

whyyyyyyyy

the product itself is pretty nice though i had some issues blending at one point. Unfortunately the scent is so off putting that i'm having issues prompting myself to try using it more than once. but i will try. maybe at some point i'd get used to the smell...x___x

I believe the scent of this actually permeates out of the packaging as well, so for anyone thinking of ordering, you should go to the drugstore and smell it yourself and determine if you're okay with the scent before purchasing.

Loved the package, love the smell, loved how it worked. Love affair ended when I got a random zit (I get like 2 Zits a year, in my chin area). This one was on my jaw. That that was weird. Used it again. Got another zit on my forehead. What!?! Tried one last time (was in complete denial... I wanted to keep our love alive), and yup... Another zit on my neck! Sorry lover... U gots to go!

on 8/27/2018 9:30:00 AM

Very overpriced for a cheap product. It was very orange on my skin. I thought it was at first because I was pale then i tried it on my more tan friends and still showed up orange. The packaging is so beyond bulky and the vents at the bottom spill bronzer into my bag. It does smell very good which I do like but I can smell it on my skin when I wear it. While the formula is nice it is so incredibly fragile that I set it on the counter a little to hard and it broke. If you are ever traveling this product and its cheap packaging would not withstand your trip.