Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter Bronzer

4.2

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

on 1/18/2017 1:45:00 PM

I like this! I use it almost everyday around the perimeter of my face for some color, then I add my contour powder on top. I was using this for contour powder and it works ok for that, But I personally like it on myself better as all over color. Maybe for someone lighter than me, it would be a good contour shade. It's in the middle of cool and warm. It's really soft/buttery (duh) and it's satin-y, not straight up matte. The scent reminds me of sunscreen, which reminds me of summer. It doesn't bother me and does not linger once applied. The packaging is bulky and I threw the brush away. Also never use the mirror but I like the colors of the packaging. I don't like that they only have 2 shades of this, as both shades are pretty light. I have the darker, I think it's called bronze. It's good now but i'm not 100% sure it will still work when I get a little tanner in the summer. I tan in beds now but will obviously get some added color when it's warm and I can be outside. I think this is around $15 which is a lot, but you can use coupons or catch this brand on sale so it's really hard to buy it at full price.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

One of those products I heard being hyped up for months and months and put off trying- "it can't be that good"- well, yes it is. This is the ONLY drugstore bronzer in recent memory that stays on my face without fading for 8+ hours. Many of them look good, but staying power is a whole other ballgame. Rest assured, this one's not going anywhere until you want it to.

The effect this gives is pigmented, but it looks natural because it blends extremely well. There's no muddiness or patchiness, and it isn't a shimmery bronzer so it could be used to contour if you have a warm skintone and don't have a contour powder on hand.

The packaging is cute, and yes a little bulky but I appreciate when brands try to inject some creativity into their designs. Too Faced is another brand than consistently does this and it does make buying makeup a bit more interesting. This bronzer smells good- like Hawaiian Tropic tanning oil. It doesn't linger after applying.

For the drugstore, the price is "up there" but Physicians Formula is literally always on sale at at least one of the major chains, so the price is merely a suggestion. Drugstore shopping isn't like Sephora shopping, where the prices are pretty much written in stone.

After trying many, MANY bronzers through the years, I can safely say I've hopped aboard the hype train and this is my favorite drugstore bronzer, probably among my favorite bronzers in general along with Hoola and Chocolate Soleil.

on 1/12/2017 6:24:00 PM

Love this natural bronzer! It is super buttery, blendable, and can be built up for a natural looking tan. I highly suggest purchasing the darker of the two shades because the lighter one was almost nonexistent on my light skin. I personally LOVE the piƱa colada/tropical scent and I find that it goes away after application. I definitely recommend this product to fair skinned girls who are looking for a very natural tan. Another favorite bronzer of mine is the Too Faced Dark Chocolate Soleil bronzer, which also smells amazing.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I do not like this bronzer at all. I bought the darker of the two shades which is fine for my skin. What's not fine is the smell. Holy crap. It smells so artificial..like those cheap lotions, I can't even. I'm normally not bothered by scented products but this is bad. The smell is just there, in your face, the second you open the lid. At least with the TF chocolate line, you bring the product up to your nose to smell it. Anyways, I'm not a fan of the product itself. I can never get a good bronze out of this product. It doesn't give me a sunlit glow, more so looks like an uneven tan on my face. I wouldn't say it gets patchy throughout the day but it'll literally disappear so some parts of my face has bronzer and others don't. I wasn't a huge fan of the bronze booster (brown packaging) one either but I'd choose that over this any day.

on 12/26/2016 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I don't understand the love for this product. It did absolutely nothing. It's so light it doesn't show up. Wish I would've returned it. It was a lot of money for something I used once.

on 12/26/2016 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

VERY expensive for a drugstore product and I'm honestly not that impressed. The formula is indeed very buttery, but the "Light Bronzer" shade barely shows up on my fair skin. Then when I try to pack it on, it's too much. The smell is not my cup of tea - unnecessary and I'd much rather it wasn't there. I used a Rimmel bronzer a few years back that was much better. I'll try to use this up, and maybe it will look more natural in the summer, but I definitely won't repurchase.

on 12/11/2016 9:15:00 PM

Uh, I can't stand the scent on this thing, it's strong like holy crap. This apparently is supposed to smell like coconuts, but to me it smells like the really greasy white drugstore sunscreen that people buy during the summer - the cheap kind that uses chemical sunscreen like oxybenzone (which i'm highly allergic to).

Needless to say, this thing's scent brought up all kinds of terrible memories.

I don't understand why this thing's scent is THIS strong - and once applied, i kept smelling it all day that I had this on. I also purchased a bunch of other bronzers including the Wet n Wild MegaGlo Contour kit and Essence's matte bronzer (which i like a lot), and this thing is the only one with scent so bloody strong that i keep smelling it all day x___x

whyyyyyyyy

the product itself is pretty nice though i had some issues blending at one point. Unfortunately the scent is so off putting that i'm having issues prompting myself to try using it more than once. but i will try. maybe at some point i'd get used to the smell...x___x

I believe the scent of this actually permeates out of the packaging as well, so for anyone thinking of ordering, you should go to the drugstore and smell it yourself and determine if you're okay with the scent before purchasing.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am floored at how much this smells like Hawaiian Tropic Sunscreen. This is the absolute strongest fragranced product I own. No kidding, this smells stronger than straight up hair oils. If you are sensitive to fragrance then you will hate this. Fortunately for me I love coconut so I can tolerate it even though I do think it's way too over-powering. Scent aside, this bronzer has a fantastic texture. This powder is so creamy feeling it deserves the name "butter" bronzer. I own the darker shade but it really isn't dark in the least. I don't mind that this only adds a gentle warmth with a touch of highlight to the skin in the winter months but in the summer, this is completely useless on my skin tone. Anyone with a deeper, richer tone will not find this useful either. Maybe as a subtle highlight only? I can see why the pale princesses enjoy this so much and it is a very nice product but shade selection is always an issue with Physicians Formula. There just aren't that many options available. The packaging is very cute, love the tropical theme to match the scent. It is rather bulky, wouldn't cart this around with me. And does anyone use that spongy applicator they include?? Seriously, ditch the applicator and you can cut that packaging in half!

I don't really understand the hype around this product, I know it's alot of people's HGs but I just don't see it. If you want to see if we have similar taste in bronzers, my favorite bronzers are: too faced chocolate soleil, thebalm bahama mama, and the bronzey shade in kat von D's shade & light. I also like Rimmel bronzers.

This has a VERY strong scent--I like the scent, but it's so strong that it makes me feel like it can't be good for the skin. I know people normally tend to avoid perfumes in their skincare products, and I can literally smell this on my face.

It is VERY light. I am NC 20-30 depending on how tanned I get, and this barely shows up on me. Physicians formula definitely needs to make this light-medium, and create a medium-deep version. Because it's so light, i can't really tell how blendable it is because it barely shows up.

If you are super fair, you will probably like how light this is! But i can't get past the lack of pigmentation and depth, and also the strong smell..

on 11/18/2016 2:29:00 PM

This is probably my favorite drugstore bronzer. I love the smell and it blends like a dream. I have the darker shade and it's perfect for my skintone. I'm about a NC20 if that tells you anything about the shade selection. Physician's Formula always struggles with shades for deeper skintones. Instead of having 10 bronzers in 2 shades each, why not have 4-5 bronzers in more shade options?

Popular Bronzers