Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter BronzerMurumuru Butter Bronzer

4.2

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

on 4/18/2018 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like the Murumuru Butter Bronzer; however the PINA COLADA scent is a little nauseating to me. It doesn't smell like Hawaiian Tropic sun tan lotion at all. It is not glittery, or muddy looking. The packaging is plastic and too bulky for me, but it is tropical looking.

on 4/14/2018 6:46:00 AM

Bought while I was in the USA and it’s the best bronzer I’ve ever used!! Smells amazing but the perfume / scent doesn’t make my skin react. Glides on smoothly and isn’t orange ( I have the original shade). Packaging wise isn’t the best as it kept coming open which resulted in the product smashing. Would buy again if the brand would have a UK website or was sold in UK stores

on 4/13/2018 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Currently I have the shades Light Bronzer and Bronzer. I'm NC20ish and honestly, I can barely see the color when I swatch it on my hand. Therefore, I was quite skeptical that it was not going to work out for me.

This bronzer is so smooth and blends beautifully. The Light Bronzer is a little more warm than the Bronzer shade, but not muddy and orangy at all. Unlike the Benefit Hoola Quickie Contour Stick (epic fail there). It blends like butter and I love the smell (smells like coconuts/suntan lotion which is what like, but I can see how this can offend others). There is a slight glow to it, but not glittery at all. It gives my skin a natural finish makes my skin looks so healthy. Since this isn't super dark on me, I can go with this bronzer and a highlighter and can skip blush. This leans more subtle, shade wise, but definitely buildable if I wanted more, without looking patchy.

I love contouring my cheeks and my nose with this because the texture is so smooth and blends so well. I'm terrible at blending anything on my face so this makes it so easy.

The packaging is okay. It's a bit bulky as it's a two layered compact with a sponge applicator and a mirror on the bottom layer, and the bronzer on the top. I have not used the sponge applicator or the mirror and can go without it. However, I'm not going to complain as the bronzer itself is amazing.

Don't buy this at full price. There's pretty much a sale at the drugstore/Ulta for Physicians Formula most of the time. Hopefully Physicians Formula doesn't discontinue the butter line!

on 4/12/2018 1:08:00 PM

I love this, it smells amazing and it’s so smooth. I think this is my new-go to bronzer.

on 4/11/2018 8:53:00 AM

I like the light & bronzer shades but the new ones are way too warm for my skin color. It’s hands down my favorite bronzer in the other shades though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm very pale, and I actually like it, most of the time. I've owned maybe three bronzers in my lifetime, including this one ("Light"). I always tell myself wouldn't mind looking a little more tan, buy a bronzer in some cute packaging, and then never actually bother to wear it. If you're pale and looking for something that literally just makes you look like you got some sun recently, try Light. It's not glittery, not shimmery, and not chalky. I apply a small amount all over my face and neck using my blush brush, and it's uncanny how natural it looks. I don't even look like this when I *do* tan, and yet it still looks natural somehow? I don't propose to understand, but I'm not complaining. It melts into my skin, and doesn't rub off; what little fallout there is during application can just be shaken off without staining my clothes, since it forms dense clumps of cream/powder. Basically, the formulation and texture are masterpieces. I'm going to have to try the blush.

Now, the scent...to me, it smells like slightly "off" coconut oil. However, I don't smell it once it's on, so, no big deal. P.S.: Cute packaging.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Here's the thing, I have always hated bronzer and figured I would always hate bronzer. No matter what brush I used, how I applied it or what bronzer I bought, it just looked like I was smudging dirt on my face.
I have extremely fair skin and this bronzer in Light works perfectly on me. The formula truly is just like butter; it blends seamlessly into my skin and looks unbelievably natural. It's just so easy to work with.
I most likely won't be wearing bronzer every day, but I am glad I have the option to look a little sunkissed if I want to.
I knocked a point off of packaging because it's kind of clunky. I have no use for the spongy weird "brush" that comes with it and I see no point to including it. The spot where it's supposed to be kept is just extra space.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been wanting to try this for a really long time since it has such a cult following, but have held out because $14 is really high for a drug store product, in my opinion. When I saw the whole Physicians Formula Section on clearance at my grocery store today, I scooped up the last one in the light bronzer shade for $7. Score! I just tried it and it’s so pretty and looks super natural on the skin. My only complaint so far is the strong fragrance, I can still smell it on my skin. I think I will use this all the time if I can get past the smell; it’s natural enough to use all over my face for a natural glow. One tip- I have seen this for about $11 at Bed Bath and Beyond, and if you use the 20% off coupon, it will cost around $8-9; which is probably the lowest price you will find this awesome product.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

There's no denying the beauty of this bronzer. There's now 4 shades of this and the tones are quite lovely, better than some high end bronzers, and have a very natural satin finish. Not so matte it looks dry or flat and the subtle sheen isn't very obvious and looks like skin. My personal favorite shade for my sallow, yellow slightly green toned is the regular "Bronzer" shade as it has more of a brown tone rather than a red or peachy tone(which against my skin looks like a blush). It reminds me a lot of the perfect marriage of NARS Laguna or the Balm's original Bahama Mama but at a drugstore price. For this reason, I like the tone more than I do other bronzers of similar depth since it's warm but not red or orange or peachy which is what I like to see in a bronzer. The light bronzer is lighter but more peachy/warm in my opinion and the sunkissed bronzer is more red which doesn't look very natural on me as a bronzer. The deep bronzer is deeper and a bit warmer than I like but sadly doesn't go very deep, so I'm sure those with deep skin would not be able to try a butter bronzer sadly. I feel this bronzer looks really natural and makes skin look radiant. For me, bronzers are more for adding life to skin and maybe a bit of a look of a tan, but not for contouring. This bronzer lasts a surprising amount of time on bare skin for all the butters it has and lasts even better on top of foundation, primers, powders, and with setting spray. The butters and other emollients must be what gives this product such a creamy powder feel. It glides well over anything and even very dry wind-chapped skin, which is impressive.
However, aside from the relative lack of depth to these shades, I do have some problems with the formula. First of all, since it has a lot of butters/thicker emollients in it, which can imitate sebum on the skin and cause break outs, which it does on me. Another thing is the fragrance. I know a lot of people like the experience of it and you can love it or you can hate it but it's quite concentrated. The volatile molecules used for this fragrance can be inflammatory on skin and damaging which is why i wouldn't recommend this especially for sensitive or acne prone skin unless used only occasionally. I find after wearing it that it does make my acne worse even when I wear it on my body and there's concern for the damage that might not be visible on the naked eye. However, it is pretty enough that I would use this product for special occasions, such as my wedding day or something of that sort. I don't love or hate the packaging much, it's a bit cutesy and a little too oversized much like other PF products. It has a bit of a weird foam/cushion looking applicator which might work in a pinch on the go but I'd rather use a bronzer brush or a portable brush than use the applicator that comes here. This isn't really a product that I think requires touch ups either so I think the compartment with the applicator is mostly useless. However, the price is right to at least try it and for just special occasions.

It is on the higher side of drugstore items as far as price goes, mine was like $12 or something. BUT this is truly the best bronzer. Im pale and it isnt orange at all but it also isnt too cool toned that i look like i have dirt on my face. It blends out so well, looks so natural but is very pigmented, so a little is all you need (i dip in once or twice and tap off my brush). It does smell like coconut and beach dreams and its wonderful, but the main part is the actual product performance that makes it SO worth every penny. Go invest in this! Especially my pale skinned ladies. I know they came out with two new shades (sunkissed and deep, i think) and i havent tried either, but the deep one didnt look super deep, so they do need to expand their range a lot.