Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter Bronzer

4.2

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

First Bronzer I’ve found that looks plausible on my pasty complexion. I found Benefit Hoola Lite to be too yellow and Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer too muddy. Almost impossible to overdo, Light Bronze is a beautiful shade that warms up my face and gives me a healthier appearance. Like the name suggests it melds beautifully with the skin. No shimmer but it’s not flat or matte looking. The packaging and design remind me of MAC. The one con is the strong fragrance which I could still smell on the brush the next day. It’s grown on me but if you’re sensitive to fragrances give this a pass.

on 9/7/2017 4:15:00 PM

I dont like this at all it looks muddy patchy and dirty plus its not pigmented enough i really dont see what the fuss is about so confused

on 8/26/2017 10:43:00 AM

This is the only product by Physician's Formula that I have tried. I have heard great things about their products but the price tag kept me from trying them out. I picked this up a few months back at CVS on one of their Extra Bucks deals. Overall, I am pleased with this bronzer. It provides nice coverage without loads of shimmer, so if you are looking for a simple face look but want to bronze yourself up this is a good choice. I have to watch how much I put on though, if I use too much I look too orange. The lighting in my bathroom is quite deceiving. I walk out of there thinking I look fine but a few hours later I examine myself in the bathroom mirror at work and see that I look more orange than I thought.

I don't mind the smell, but it's a tad strong when you apply it, but it does fade quickly so that is a plus. I don't think I could stand smelling like coconuts all day. I really like the packaging though, it's colorful and vibrant. I will likely keep this packaging once it's gone just to see if I can find another use for it. Weird I know.

Would I buy again? I would, but only if it was on sale. I find that my holy grail bronzer Wet N Wild in Ticket to Brazil comparable to this but at a much lower price. To compare, PF is 11 grams (.38 oz) and WNW is 13 grams (.46 grams). This PF bronzer is in the shade light, and side by side to Ticket to Brazil they are very similar shadewise.

Overall I give this 4.5 stars.

on 8/22/2017 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First off, let me start by saying that PF's shade ranges are abysmal. They've got to start catering to a more diverse customer base or they will not survive.

That being said, I adore this bronzer. I'm not big on super deep bronzers, nor am I ever one to gravitate toward very warm or shimmery bronzers. As a matter of fact, up until recently, I hated bronzers. But lately, I've been on a bronze goddess kick, and after seeing all the hype around this, I decided to pick it up.
And let me tell you - the hype is REAL! If you want a natural bronze glow and are otherwise rather fair skinned, this is the stuff for you. It's smooth, creamy, smells like summer, and leaves the skin looking sun-kissed and wonderful. I use it every single day. It adds a little dimension to my face and it's very flattering.
It's not broken me out at all (and my skin is acne-prone), and it lasts all day, even on my oily skin.
The packaging is okay. It's sturdy, but it's bulky, and the lid feels weird when you open it all the way. I don't like the separate mirror compartment, as I feel the daft little applicator they provide with it is useless and doesn't merit the extra bulk. It's not really purse friendly.
The price is a bit staggering for the drugstore, but since it's bronzer, it'll last a long time, so I was willing to pay it. However, PF and their limited shade range should also consider their pricing, as in many cases, the quality of their products doesn't live up to the higher premium their customers end up paying.
Over all, I would definitely repurchase should I ever run out. I do really love this bronzer!

I'm not usually a fan of physician's formula, but this bronzer is amazing. I have the lighter shade, and it looks so amazing and natural on my skin. It blends really well with a fluffy brush, and smells delicious. The packaging, like all physician's formula packaging, is bulky and horrible, but if you can get past that then I definitely suggest this for fair complexions.

on 8/22/2017 4:49:00 PM

I love it, but I find the scent a little strange...it reminds me of buttered popcorn. However, I stop smelling it after it's been applied. As a pale girl I've always been a bit nervous about bronzers...but I find this very light, natural, and blendable. No orange streaks here! The only bronzer I've tried that I wanted to repurchase. If it smelled more like coconuts and less like actual butter I'd love it even more though

on 7/31/2017 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

this product was my foray into the world of bronzer, and while i'll use it up, i don't think i'll be repurchasing :( im NC10 for reference, very cool gray-yellow in tone.

pros:
- stays all day
- packaging is adorable
- looks okay with a light hand
- blends very well in spite of being very pigmented

cons:
- very orange on my skin (products tend to pull pretty warm on me, to be fair; NYX taupe for example is very very red on me)
- stupid compartment under the actual product/useless applicator
- smell is VERY strong, i'm not sensitive to them but i don't care for how this smells tbh
- not cheap for a drugstore product (but PF hardly ever is)

if after i finish this and try something other products that also pull similarly in tone, i may come back to amend my review. but as it stands, this is not an ideal tone for my skin. i find it to look pretty dang orange when i build it up to the intensity that i'd like it to be, so instead i just settle for a much lighter application which doesn't make too much of a difference in the way i look overall. i basically just blend it into the edges of my face to bring back some of the dimension that an opaque application of foundation has taken away. it serves this purpose well, but still not without any flaws. i wouldn't recommend this for anyone who doesn't have pink to their skin, i think it would better for folks with pink undertones. if you are pretty confident you're neutral/yellow-cool, i would avoid this.

on 8/15/2017 11:15:00 AM

I didn't find the texture or colour pay off good enough to deal with the overwhelming fragrance in it, I could smell it all day on my face and it made me nauseous, but I am sensitive to certain fragrances.

This bronzer is so amazing. Looks great during the spring summer winter and fall. I'm a paler, freckled, strawberry blonde chick and with a big fluffy brush I dust this over my face and I look like I spent a day in the sun. It smells great and has a beautiful glow to it. I have multiples of every product except bronzer because this is all I need in my life.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Really expensive (like $25 CAD when I bought it) for what it is, a drugstore bronzer - but yes, these things:
- it's the smoothest bronzer I've ever used, almost creamy - comparable in texture to my Mac Studio Fix Powder
- pretty packaging (those tropical vibes! Turquoise and purple look great with warm bronzy colours!)
- mirror + applicator sponge thing (I found it useless though - took off foundation for me)
- comes with a decent amount of product
- plus that faux coconut smell (you either love it or hate it - I think I liked it more when I first got it and now I'm a tad sick of it, but it does wear away and is near indetectable on the skin)!

As for the colour, I accidentally picked up the light shade instead of the dark one, and regretted it at first. My skin is a warm medium, so I thought this wouldn't really show up on me. But it does show up as a nice subtle wash of colour in natural light.

Packaging - the compact button has broken, sadly, and now it opens without resistance, probably because I tend to throw it around in my makeup bag to and from work (always running late) but that's never happened to me for any other compact, so I think this is on PF's weird loose compact hinge. I now keep an elastic around it. *shrugs* Hasn't stopped me from using it so far.