Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter BronzerMurumuru Butter Bronzer

4.2

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This bronzer is such a great drugstore find! Smells great, blends great, looks great and wont break the bank. I've never had problems with it looking muddy or weird like other bronzers. It is so quick and easy to just buff on and get out the door! Would definitely recommend and repurchase. One thing to keep in mind though is that the lighter shade is SUPER light. It works for me in the winter but I have to switch to the darker shade in summer.

on 8/29/2018 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have this bronzer in the shade Bronzer and it's perfect for fair skin because of the neutral undertone. It's finely milled and blends very well, not patchy at all. It also smells heavenly. The only negative aspect is the bulky packaging (and the applicator you get is completely unusable), but the product itself is fantastic.

on 8/27/2018 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Well, this one was a starter for my contouring & highlighting (HAC) kits. As the price was quite friendly with my wallet. So I could try & test my HAC technique without being broke before I mastered it.

After tried&tested for quite some time (more than a year). I think I love it. The color of this bronzer is look good on my skin. Neither orange nor gray. (FYR, I'm Asian, with a light-medium skin tone, warm undertone, NC30-35). I even got a compliment on first time using it that my face (my makeup) looked good.
It also works well with my friends' who has a fairer skin, pink undertone , and another one who has a little darker skin tone. But I've never had a chance to apply it to some of a very deep skin tone yet.

The coconut-like smell is quite strong. But I don't find it offputting. The product is fine milled which I like. But I hate the sponge that comes with it. So I use some other bronzer brush instead. I start applying it with light handed , add some more if I think that's not enough. Finish result is viola for someone who leans on subtlety like me. Like nobody would detect it from a far. Or even when they come close to you. But it makes my face more defined. And I look good both in person and also in photos.

Compared to the Hoola, Benefit, this one is my most fave bronzer.

Because it never fails me so I have to carry it around with me when I'm travelling as well. Oh.. this is when I wish the packaging would be more tough and sturdy.

But when I look at the price, the quality, the result and I still have most of the product left after one year using it (2-3 times a week). I'm not complaining!

(I'd like to give it 4.5 lippies but don't know how to do the half :D)

on 8/27/2018 9:30:00 AM

Very overpriced for a cheap product. It was very orange on my skin. I thought it was at first because I was pale then i tried it on my more tan friends and still showed up orange. The packaging is so beyond bulky and the vents at the bottom spill bronzer into my bag. It does smell very good which I do like but I can smell it on my skin when I wear it. While the formula is nice it is so incredibly fragile that I set it on the counter a little to hard and it broke. If you are ever traveling this product and its cheap packaging would not withstand your trip.

on 8/22/2018 12:50:00 PM

I was looking for a new bronzer that wouldn't break the bank as my Rimmel one was running low and boy am I glad I picked up this baby. It really does go on buttery soft. It's very finely milled and is very easy to blend. It's a nice, subtle colour that's easy to build, in my opinion. Yes, the packaging is a bit large and the applicator that comes with it is pretty much useless, but that doesn't bother me, even though I'm on the road a lot and need to bring an additional brush along with this. The coconut smell that some people have complained about also doesn't bother me. I actually find it quite pleasant. If you have a richer skin tone, this probably won't work for you. But if you have light to medium skin, I think the shade range is fine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Shade range is completely ridiculous

on 8/12/2018 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The packaging is trash, super bulky and annoying (the applicator it came with them straight into the garbage). That aside, this is my go-to bronzer. I'm very fair and use the shade "bronzer", which is a nice cool-toned medium tan. This has no orange, red, or yellow undertones in it, which makes it good for a lot of undertones. It's fragranced, but it's not horribly offensive. I can't smell it once it's on my face, but I can smell it while I'm applying it. My sensitive skin doesn't react to this fragrance or any of the other ingredients in this. I will be buying this again when I run out.

This is is the difficult one because I just wanted to love it so bad but after numerous tries I finally admit to myself that it just breaks me out. Loved the scent, loved the look (the ''darker'' shade). Always hated the bulky humongous packaging with an inconvenient placement of mirror. Never understood the sponge, like why Physicians Formula even bother to make them. Each and single time I've used it I got tiny little bumps in a places where I put it, sometime milias as well so this is a hard pass for me. Already re-sold to somebody I hope will be able to appreciate it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am really on the fence about this product. I'm in South Africa and only the light bronzer was available to me at Dis Chem.

The light bronzer barely shows up on me and I am fair complected and wear SPF every day on my face. The consistency is nice and buttery like the name describes. I have read quite a few of these reviews and the scent bothers some people. I wouldn't say it bothers me, but I also don't really enjoy the scene either. It's tolerable and I don't find that I can still smell it after applying it (but I also use a light hand. Maybe some people are applying it too heavily if the scent still lingers). I like to keep fragrance away from my skin, especially on my face, so overall I think this product would be better without the scent. I don't agree with reviews saying the scent smells nice, but it's also not a horrible smell. It just smells... fake and kind of obnoxious. The packaging feels a bit cheap and bulky, but I've never been one to complain much over packaging as long as the product itself works well. It also feels like it could break easily if dropped on a tiled bathroom floor, which I have.

Overall, I'm just not wowed by this product, but I also don't hate it either. Maybe I would like it better in the original bronzer shade.

Oh, Murumuru Butter Bronzer, how I wanted to love you. Most drugstore bronzers, on me, just look like dirt. I'd read so many wonderful things about you, so I got you one day when I had mega-CVS ExtraBucks and discounts on my ExtraCare card. Alas, our love was not to be. The instant that I opened your package, and caught a whiff of your gross coconut-scented odor, I was crushed with disappointment. Physicians Formula (and Tarte, too, for that matter), WHY must you contaminate powdered cosmetics with vile cheap odors?? The saddest part of all is that I like the way this bronzer looks, feels, and lasts. But that SMELL!! (On edit: The shade I purchased is Light Bronzer, and as previously stated, it's a great shade on me. Quite subtle color, and nice texture on the skin. But I just opened it again and EW, P-U.)