Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter Bronzer

4.3

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

on 4/19/2017 9:37:00 PM

Purchased it in Bronze from Shoppers Drug Mart as they were selling it in a package at the regular bronzer price but also included the butter blush. Really nice colour for me during the winter/transition from winter to spring. It is very light with a nice sheen, it may be a good bronze topper for my summer skin on top of my darker matte bronzers. Smell is wayyyyyyyyyyyy too strong. I can still smell it after application. Really nice bronzer for a natural, radiant glow for light skintones. They need to have more darker bronzers though.

I have pale skin and have found my holy grail with this product. It is the perfect ashy brown to contour with but it's warm enough to also bronze with and the best part? It smells like a tropical vacation! the only thing I will say is that the compact it comes in is really bulky and that should be improved upon.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this in the color "bronze" and I love it. It can build up to be darker and it doesn't have strong orange pigments. It smells almost like sun tan lotion mixed with coconut and shea butter, but I don't mind it. The powder is not chalky at all and feels almost silky to the touch. So happy I bought this !

on 4/5/2017 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Physician's Formula needs to re-evaluate their shade selection. A vast majority of their powders, bronzers, blushes, foundations, concealers, etc. are geared towards fair to fair-medium skin. If you have a medium skintone or deeper I wouldn't even bother with this product, as the only 2 shades are "light bronze" & "bronze". I went for the bronze option because it looks less orange-toned in the pan. I like my bronzer to lean as neutral as possible to match my neutral skintone. Also, I'm on the fair side of fair-medium, so I knew this would show up on me.

When I got home and took this product out of the packaging, the piña colada smell hit me in the face overpoweringly. I'm not sensitive to scents so that didn't deter me from using it, but it was disappointing. Luckily the smell faded quite significantly. It somehow seemed to also become less artificial-smelling & more pleasant as I used it more and more.

The packaging itself, I like. The top opens up to the bronzer. The bottom opens up as well because it comes with a sponge thing that no one ever talks about in reviews because it's completely pointless. There's a mirror above where the sponge is stored, which is a nice touch.

What is Muramuru butter? According to Google: "Astrocaryum murumuru is a palm native to Amazon Rainforest vegetation in Brazil, which bears edible fruits. Murumuru butter, extracted from the seeds of the plant, may be used as a moisturizer." The idea of that is interesting to me. I never realized that maybe this bronzer is meant to be.. not necessarily moisturizing (I don't think a powder product could actually deliver moisture), but perhaps it's designed to somewhat lock in moisture, or at least not make you look or feel dehydrated.

The product itself is extremely nice. Not too orange-toned. It's kind of shimmery when swatched but don't let that deter you unless you absolutely must have something 100% matte. I'm not opposed to a little shimmer, but it doesn't even show up shimmery on the skin at all. I'd say that the effect is more subtly glowy than anything else. The formulation is a powder but it feels pretty creamy & I hate to use the word but BUTTERY. Blends in nicely over cream foundation. I like using this all over my face to give a wash of color & I like to bring it down my neck to create a seamlessly blended finish.

Overall I have ONE bronzer from the drugstore that I like better than this one for a few reasons: the Wet n' Wild Ticket To Brazil bronzer. It has SPF, is quite similar in tone, less expensive and you get more product. The Physician's Formula Butter Bronzer comes in at a close second place though.

on 3/30/2017 9:59:00 AM

Fair skinned gals out there, this is the drugstore bronzer for you! I bought the lightest shade because I am white as cheese and didn`t want to take any chances. Not to repeat what previous reviewers have said, but it`s an awesome product: buttery, great shade for fair complexions, blends like a dream, and no adverse reactions (for me). The scent is a tad strong, but it`s quite all right. Pinacolada-like. I could afford to shell out more on TF or some other luxury brand, but if you can get such a good bronzer at this price, why bother?

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My favorite bronzer of all time! This is my first time buying a bronzer and I've heard so much good reviews about it that I've got to try it. It feels buttery and goes on smoothly! And the smell it amazing! It's not a strong sent if you're sensitive of sents.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For a pale round face gal who needs a little bronzer to add some color and shape to her middle aged pie face, this is exactly the right color and level of pigmentation. I wash it around the outside of my face and under my jaw to define my jawline, and sometimes a little down my neck. I can then add warm or cool blush on my upper apple and I look good, refreshed and healthy and glowing, not like DTrump's twin sister. No orange tones, and the color is beautifully soft. The packaging is meh, but the product rivals that of all He bronzera I have tried: Chanel, NARS, Lancôme, estee, etc.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Kroger only had Light Bronze so hey I ended up w Light Bronze! Let me just say I'm a sucker for packaging it's so durn cute, I loooooove the applicator & it smells like coppertone heaven! This is great for contouring my nose. The applicator is so precise I can slim down this [insert crass yet anatomical name for Trump Vienna sausage-like appendage] nose! It needs serious slimming. This is not too dark & muddy. I made an expensive mistake w my guerlain bronzer it is awful dark it's #3 color I was under the impression I was getting #2 color oh well MAC matte bronze is really dark too. Im NC20 so I love this satin finish bronzer. It could be a hair darker but it's not that big of a deal & what is a big deal is that it is cruelty-free I try to buy CF when I can.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is my favourite drugstore bronzer ever. I love everything about this product. It glides on your face, is build able and doesn't look muddy at all. I have mine in the shade "Bronzer" and it works perfect for my medium skin tone, although they should add another shade for people with darker skin tones. Some people may find the smell a little too strong but you can't smell it after it is applied on your face. I do find the price to be a little too high for a drugstore brand, but it is worth it for this product. I would definitely repurchase this again and again.

on 3/10/2017 5:14:00 PM

All Physicians Formula products were buy one get one FREE all week @Rite Aid...let's just say I got 8 amazing products that would retail for over $115 for about $44 total, once I used my $12 in Plenti Points also=SCORE. I got this bronzer, several shimmer/highlighter strips/bricks, a loose mineral powder foundation and a bunch of other lovelies💜..this bronzer smells amazing and reminds me of the summer of 1983 when I was 13, riding the bus to the beach with my BFF, being tan AF and smelling like Hawaiian Tropic, without a care in the world but talking to cute boys and laying out💜💜...it wears beautifully, and the 3 days I have worn it so far, it has lasted all day. Definitely recommend.

Popular Bronzers