Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter Bronzer

4.2

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

This bronzer smells amazing and works very well with my skin. It has a natural, soft sheen to the powder. The major drawbacks include the price and packaging, which don't mesh together.

Being kind of a novice with bronzers, this one is ideal for me because I can go ham without looking ridiculous. PF has to work on shade range and packaging, though.

I love this bronzer ! I have the shade "bronzer" my skin is fair but not ghostly. This doesn't look muddy. It blends beautifully like butter, hence the name. People on here are saying this has no pigment.. I don't know what the heck you guys are talking about. If anything it's buildable and gives a beautiful sheen. Best drugstore bronzer!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this as everyone raved about this (including my favorite Youtubers!!!) But honestly... it applies quite patchy on my skin at looks sometimes muddy. I wanted to love this so much and waited for months to get my hands on this. It is not terrible - and it feels smooth in the pan. But it don't get the HG feeling.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

First Bronzer I’ve found that looks plausible on my pasty complexion. I found Benefit Hoola Lite to be too yellow and Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer too muddy. Almost impossible to overdo, Light Bronze is a beautiful shade that warms up my face and gives me a healthier appearance. Like the name suggests it melds beautifully with the skin. No shimmer but it’s not flat or matte looking. The packaging and design remind me of MAC. The one con is the strong fragrance which I could still smell on the brush the next day. It’s grown on me but if you’re sensitive to fragrances give this a pass.

on 10/28/2017 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It's hard for me to find a good bronzer. I'm pale, but I'm not the palest girl around. Most bronzers pull orange on me, or are just muddy and unblendable. I was recommended this on a forum, so I got it. I'm really diggin' it!

I know some folks aren't crazy about the smell, but I love it. It smells like coconut perfume. I'm obsessed with anything coconut-scented, so that was an instant win for me. It is a powder, but it's extremely creamy and smooth. It is not super pigmented; for reference, Maybelline Dream Sun is much more intense. But it's not what I would consider a sheer bronzer, either. I'd prefer it to be more pigmented, but it's not bad.

I use a fluffy brush from Bare Essentials to sweep it on my cheeks and temples. I can still smell it for about ten minutes after it's on.

It wears pretty well and doesn't get cakey.

on 9/7/2017 4:15:00 PM

I dont like this at all it looks muddy patchy and dirty plus its not pigmented enough i really dont see what the fuss is about so confused

on 8/26/2017 10:43:00 AM

This is the only product by Physician's Formula that I have tried. I have heard great things about their products but the price tag kept me from trying them out. I picked this up a few months back at CVS on one of their Extra Bucks deals. Overall, I am pleased with this bronzer. It provides nice coverage without loads of shimmer, so if you are looking for a simple face look but want to bronze yourself up this is a good choice. I have to watch how much I put on though, if I use too much I look too orange. The lighting in my bathroom is quite deceiving. I walk out of there thinking I look fine but a few hours later I examine myself in the bathroom mirror at work and see that I look more orange than I thought.

I don't mind the smell, but it's a tad strong when you apply it, but it does fade quickly so that is a plus. I don't think I could stand smelling like coconuts all day. I really like the packaging though, it's colorful and vibrant. I will likely keep this packaging once it's gone just to see if I can find another use for it. Weird I know.

Would I buy again? I would, but only if it was on sale. I find that my holy grail bronzer Wet N Wild in Ticket to Brazil comparable to this but at a much lower price. To compare, PF is 11 grams (.38 oz) and WNW is 13 grams (.46 grams). This PF bronzer is in the shade light, and side by side to Ticket to Brazil they are very similar shadewise.

Overall I give this 4.5 stars.

on 8/22/2017 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First off, let me start by saying that PF's shade ranges are abysmal. They've got to start catering to a more diverse customer base or they will not survive.

That being said, I adore this bronzer. I'm not big on super deep bronzers, nor am I ever one to gravitate toward very warm or shimmery bronzers. As a matter of fact, up until recently, I hated bronzers. But lately, I've been on a bronze goddess kick, and after seeing all the hype around this, I decided to pick it up.
And let me tell you - the hype is REAL! If you want a natural bronze glow and are otherwise rather fair skinned, this is the stuff for you. It's smooth, creamy, smells like summer, and leaves the skin looking sun-kissed and wonderful. I use it every single day. It adds a little dimension to my face and it's very flattering.
It's not broken me out at all (and my skin is acne-prone), and it lasts all day, even on my oily skin.
The packaging is okay. It's sturdy, but it's bulky, and the lid feels weird when you open it all the way. I don't like the separate mirror compartment, as I feel the daft little applicator they provide with it is useless and doesn't merit the extra bulk. It's not really purse friendly.
The price is a bit staggering for the drugstore, but since it's bronzer, it'll last a long time, so I was willing to pay it. However, PF and their limited shade range should also consider their pricing, as in many cases, the quality of their products doesn't live up to the higher premium their customers end up paying.
Over all, I would definitely repurchase should I ever run out. I do really love this bronzer!

I'm not usually a fan of physician's formula, but this bronzer is amazing. I have the lighter shade, and it looks so amazing and natural on my skin. It blends really well with a fluffy brush, and smells delicious. The packaging, like all physician's formula packaging, is bulky and horrible, but if you can get past that then I definitely suggest this for fair complexions.

on 8/22/2017 4:49:00 PM

I love it, but I find the scent a little strange...it reminds me of buttered popcorn. However, I stop smelling it after it's been applied. As a pale girl I've always been a bit nervous about bronzers...but I find this very light, natural, and blendable. No orange streaks here! The only bronzer I've tried that I wanted to repurchase. If it smelled more like coconuts and less like actual butter I'd love it even more though