Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter Bronzer

4.3

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

on 7/20/2017 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I haven't written a review in ages, my public has been waiting with baited breath so here goes.

- it's expensive for drugstore makeup yet for the quality, if sold in a dept store would be considered inexpensive. I used my CVS extra care reward bucks and bought it on sale so I got it for a steal. I generally love the brand, they know bronzers, but I wait for sales because I don't need any more makeup per se.

- scent is buttered popcorn to me, and mild. I was glad because tropical scents can go wrong easily and be cloying. I don't notice it anymore when I open it . Not sure if scent has faded or I've become used to it.

- color, this is my only issue, it's beautiful but very, very, much a gold toned bronzer. I'm fair olive without self tanner I'm using now fur summer. I lean very yellow, yet I find a more red based tanner to look the best on me as it emulates the color I'd get naturally in the sun. A quick swipe of red based blush, just a teeny bit, across the bridge of the nose and hairline, go a long way and help a lot.

- this is very smooth, almost creamy powder. It's not dusty, and goes on smoother than many other bronzers I've tried and I've tried a billion at this point. It's the smoothest PF bronzer I've tried as well and I've tried about 6-7 over the years. Doesn't kick up "dust," look like a sand storm when using, not messy. However I have hit pan and it is breaking apart. Pressing on the remainder helps.

-I find it long lasting. I wish PF would make this in varying shades and undertones. But it's not fair to review on what I'd like rather than what is.
I've only tried the darker shade but if on sale again I'd try the lighter for science sake of course

The texture of this bronzer is really smooth. There's very minimum kick backs even though I go savage with my brush. The color is perfect, not too warm and not to muddy. Definitely one of my favorites!

The bronzer is beautiful and perfect for light-medium skin-tones. I bought bronze. There is no glitter and it gives a natural finish. But to me it smells like buttered croissants and I just can't get over it! Unfortunately, the smell didn't fade within two hours and I had to wash it off. It's summer now, so I will stash it for winter in hopes that it doesn't smell as strong in cool weather.

I don't like the clunky packaging and the price is too high for drugstore(~$15).

on 6/26/2017 12:28:00 PM

I love this bronzer .
looks natural on the skin and the smell is nice ( smells like coconuts) i have a sensitive skin and its work perfect for me .

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I don't get the weird little spongey brush thing that comes with this, but otherwise I love this product. I am pale AF so I have typically stayed very, very far away from bronzer, but due to the hype and the pretty tropical package, I was sucked in. My local Target was sold out for quite a while, but I finally found one and I jumped on the bandwagon. The first thing that one notices about this is the smell. It is quite strong, so if you cannot handle strong artificial scents then I suggest you find a different bronzer. The formula is very silky and while it swatches like it will go on pretty pigmented/heavy, it actually is more like a subtle veil rather than a heavy bronzer. You won't look like you're on Jersey Shore (the TV show, not the actual place) with this bronzer on; instead, if you use a nice fluffy brush, you'll look subtly sunkissed and your pretty little face will smell like coconuts for a while. I took off one lippie just because the smell does get a little old after a while, but otherwise this is a solid product and I would repurchase if I ever ran out.

on 6/18/2017 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this bronzer! The color is perfect for me, not too light or dark and no orange tone. It smells great, goes on easy and blends well.

I have a love hate relationship with Physician Formula products but I am happy to say I am in love with this Butter Bronzer.

Its is so soft and velvety milled, smells tropical and is very moisturising on your face without leaving a build up of colour and cakiness. Matte finish with no shimmer or sparkles and that is a bonus when you get to my age.

I have both shades which I use for contouring and they are just perfect for my light skin tone.

I love rubbing my finger over the rivulets just for the soft feel of the powder and when you brush it on to finish your makeup it's like you hardly have any powder on your skin but it sets all day. Doesn't dry out your skin, or leave patches but there is enough to soak up any oily concerns. Great for holidays when you don't want to wear too much makeup during the day but dress up at night.

It can be very expensive to purchase in Australia so my recommendation is to purchase from iHerb for a third of the price.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have the Bronze shade and it looks and feels natural on my skin. There is no streakiness or tacky orange popping through my skin. It has a very subtle tropical scent but the brush is pretty useless for me. The texture is almost buttery soft and gives me the sunkissed look I'm going for since it is buildable and doesn't look dry against my skin. No breakouts either. I bought mine at Ulta with a coupon to save a bit of money since it is a little pricey.

on 6/5/2017 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

Where to find it: I got mine in Light from my local HEB...if I remember correctly. But you can pretty much get this anywhere Physicians Formula is sold I assume.
A little backstory: This was my first complete dabble back into bronzer since my teen years. (I've also tried TooFaced Milk Chocolate but that was quite some time ago.) I realized my makeup was missing that extra something...depth, color, something. I'd heard so many great things about this bronzer, even from oily skinned girls, that I had to try it.(online reviews as well as youtube, particularly Casey Holmes)
Price: The price of $13 was a little more than what I normally pay for one drugstore makeup item but wasn't too bad, especially with all the hype.
Smell/First Impression: It smells amazing! A lighter tropical summer smell but it doesn't last on the skin.
Color/Application: It's very light, buildable and blendable, so you can reach the right amount of color but like I said I usually do have to build it up depending on my tan. So, it's not super pigmented right off the bat but I find that's better with most products.
It's a nice natural tan/glow for my untanned face (no fake tan or anything so my face is paler than my body) to match my body. I do go back over with a little bit of an ashier contour for my cheekbones. But you could def do without that extra step.
Texture: It is more of a satiny finish but it works well even with my oily skin. I apply it along my forehead, the sides of my temples, and under/around the hollows of my cheekbones to sculpt and along my jawline and a little down my neck.
Wear time: It lasts all of my work day (around 10-12 hours total) on my face until I go to take my makeup off with coconut oil. I notice no patchiness or fading during application or through the day. Even through my workouts I can still see some color!
Final consensus: I will be repurchasing once I run out. (I've had this for a few months now and I'm nowhere near pan). I'm not even sure if I want to try anything else. And I would and have recommended this to family members and friends.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was quite hesitant to buy this at first because I wasn't sure if it will show up on my medium skintone and it's kind of too expensive for a drugstore bronzer, but of course I gave in because ever since Kathleenlights raved about this product then so do other youtubers. It's not very pigmented on first application on my skin but it does give it a natural bronze glow, it is definitely buildable and will look a bit reddish on the skin if you go overboard but I still really like the tone of it. I'll just give this four lippies because I'm not quite fan of the scent and it sort of bothers me whenever I apply this on my face because the scent is really strong, I don't really get how other people are obsessed with the way it smells but I guess it's personal preference and I just really hate how bulky this is, it took so much space on my makeup stash, I wish they didn't include the sponge applicator at all because no one really uses it and without that the packaging will be slimmer which would have been better. Because of the price and the bulky packaging, I might not buy this anymore. I'm obsessed with bronzers so I would want to try out other bronzers out there but I definitely do not regret trying this out!