Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter Bronzer

4.2

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

on 1/17/2018 11:40:00 PM

I wasn't a bronzer lover until I found this product!! It is so so sooo buttery and gives such a smooth beautiful sheen on my skin. Is this how a Californian glow looks like? The warm glow? omg, I love it! It somehow leaves my skin feeling cool and hydrated..doesn't accentuate some of the textures I have on my cheekbones but instead, smooths out everything. It is totally shimmer/glitter-free but still leaves you with a natural glow! I got the colour in Light Bronzer because it was the last stock remaining, and surprisingly it looks nice on my medium to light neutral-warmish undertone. Compared to Hoola Benefit and Nars Laguna, this is my favourite out of them. Hoola is abit too dark and powdery for me, giving me a dirty finish..not a fan. Laguna's brown is more neutral while butter bronzer is tended towards the warm side. I prefer warm bronzers so that's why.

Packaging wise, I am neutral with it. It's bulky but I think the design is cute. I don't like the sponge applicator that came along with it because it can't blend the product nicely into the skin, so I use my own brush. However.. I still appreciate the mirror in the compact though, it's clear and big enough!

This product is heavily, heavily fragranced. Well..I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. People said it smells like coconut..but I think it smells more like lollipop. The smell doesn't linger long on the skin so that's not a big issue for me :)

on 1/17/2018 6:39:00 PM

This review is for the Light version of this bronzer.
I’m fairly pale (N18) and never wear bronzer. I tried this because it got great reviews and honestly, I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to be without it now. I use it as a light contour around the edges of my face and under cheekbones and the difference it makes to my skin is crazy. There’s no glitter particles at all in it, not even very tiny ones, but it does somehow give a lit from within glow. Being pale, I don’t think having a tan is “healthy” the way a lot of people do, but this bronzer doesn’t make me look tan at all. It just defines and makes my skin look fantastic.
It doesn’t have an orange undertone, so is perfect for ladies with cool complexions. It does have quite a strong coconut scent so if you’re sensitive to fragrance in your products, you may want to give it a miss. The texture is just divine, it is soft and buttery, but not a cream, so it can be swept on easily with a brush. The sponge applicator that comes with the product is rubbish though.
It’s so light and buildable, even a total bronzing amateur like me can’t mess it up.

on 1/9/2018 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

$14.95. for .38 oz. I got the color Sunkissed which is more warm toned like the Deep color. Light and Bronzer are more cool toned.

Description from Physiciansformula website:

Product Benefits
What It Is: Ultra-luxurious bronzer, infused with Murumuru Butter, delivers a radiant Brazilian goddess glow! Incredibly creamy and soft texture combines the best features of a powder and cream bronzer, to deliver a lit-from-within tropical glow unlike any other.

Hypoallergenic. Paraben Free. Gluten Free. Cruelty Free. Oil-Free. Non-comedogenic. Dermatologist Approved.

Why It’s Good For You: Packed with essential fatty acids and pro-vitamins that soften, condition and moisturize skin, leaving it silky soft. Ultra-rich bronzer formula instantly melts into skin, sealing-in moisture to deliver instant and lasting hydration. Features ultra-refined pearl and soft-focus pigments that smooth skin texture, brighten skin tone and deliver a gorgeous bronze finish.

Key Ingredients: Infused with a powerful blend of Murumuru Butter, Cupuacu Butter and Tucuma Butter, from the lush and nutrient-rich Amazon.

Ingredients:

May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

The packaging reminds me of the Milani baked blushes compacts. Big, bulky and a useless compartment in the bottom that just makes it clunky. the appearance isn't bad if you like South Beach, Key West types of looks, but I sure would never call it classy or sleek but it's not all that bad. The bottom opens up, just like Milani baked blushes, but instead of having a brush it has a totally useless sponge thing with a plastic handle.... what were they thinking?. It also has a small mirror in the bottom. I would have preferred they made it slimmer, left the bottom compartment off and put the mirror in the top or just eliminated it and charged less. I rarely use mirrors on products unless it is my pressed powder compact in my purse.

First I will address the fragrance and yes, it is strong. When you open it, you smell it immediately. I knew this and this is why I hesitated on this for a while because I did NOT like the way it smelled. It smells like pure coconut, strong coconut. I really thought that I would end up returning this because I don't like heavy fragrances on my face. However, within 5-10 minutes after applying the scent was gone on my face. It does not linger long. I don't care for the scent of coconut in beauty products of any kind and especially on my face near my nose and I don't know why they thought it would be good to put a heavy coconut scent in this. I hope they get enough complaints and that they reformulate it and lose the fragrance because the product itself, despite the clunky packaging, laughable applicator and heavy scent is so good.

This has no glitter, no shimmer and applies like a dream. It is is not very pigmented.... but this can be a good thing for me because I have lots of bronzers that are too pigmented and they sit in the drawer unused. Since they discontinued my Armani Sheer Bronzers I have never found one that I liked as much as those. The ones I use the most now are Nars Laguna and Benefit Hoola but I don't love either. I finally hit the pan on both of them. I usually only use Laguna at night because of the shimmer, and Hoola can sometimes look too orange or like my face is dirty. I like it, but it seems to look better on me when I have no foundation on. I use them to get rid of them... but I don't love either.

The Butter Bronzer so far is showing a lot of promise. The formula is very nice. I haven't tried it yet with all of my foundations, tinted moisturizers, BB creams but I have with several and on my face with no foundation it looks very nice and natural. So far the scent is subtle. Honestly, its gone from my face in 10 minutes or less..... time will tell if it becomes obnoxious after a while. I don't apply it heavily, if you do, the scent may linger longer. The colors light and sunkissed have more pink/red in them, warmer tones, the Bronzer color and dark are more cool toned. Bronzer looked dirty on me, the color was not good so I got Sunkissed which on me looks exactly how my skin looks if I got some sun.

If you are extremely sensitive to fragrances, have allergies, etc. I would probably suggest you pass on this one. I consider the fragrance in the compact and while applying strong. Some love the smell of it some hate it. I'm not fond of it at all, but like I stated before, it doesn't linger too long on my face and I do very much like the product.

on 1/4/2018 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

If you are fair and worried this will be too dark for you - worry no more! I have this in the darker more neutral shade and it's beautiful on my N17 skin. In summer I'm closer to a NC20 and this works for both seasons without being overpowering. It blends beautifully. It does have a very strong scent but it's warm and summery. Total hit. Try it.

on 1/4/2018 10:12:00 AM

I'm acne prone, combo/sensitive and this works nicely. It builds a nice color but one thing layer is good for natural days this is not a bold bronzer. pros: nice color natural but you can layer long lasting smell (might not be good for some smells like coconut) cons: packaging it seems cheap and way too colorful kinda looks like kids makup

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

At first I was a bit sceptical about the amount of shimmer, but there are no big glitter particals in it. It’s a really nice sheen. The scent is pretty strong though. On my NC15 skin you get a nice flush of warmth. I think it’s a really great bronzer and I like that it’s not to dark.

on 12/18/2017 2:36:00 PM

-Smells like Hangover Replenishing Face Primer from two face, kind of hate the fake chemical smell at the same time kind of like the scent they are going for
-hate the packaging, I prefer sleek ones
-no one mentioned that it is slightly glittery and in pictures it look matte
-I got the light one and it is pretty subtle for light skin
-didn't break out from it
-looks natural
-not very long lasting

on 12/9/2017 2:26:00 PM

I bought this bronzer after my normal one broke. The raving reviews were enough to sway me. At a 14 dollar price point, this was a little more than I like to spend on a single item that's not a palette. This bronzer has been one of the best purchases I've made in the last 6 months. The formula is buttery, smooth, blendable, and it smells amazing. The shade bronzer doesn't look streaky or dark on me despite my fair skin and it really warms me up. I am knocking down points for the price and packaging, though. The price is alot for a drugstore product and the packaging is super bulky and I'm worried that the bronzer would break during travel. Overall an amazing product.

on 12/7/2017 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have a light to medium asian skin tone. This bronzer isn't too orange or gray so it's good when I'm lazy and I want a simple contour. It's easy to build up, it won't go patchy and it goes on light, so you won't look crazy if you're a newbie at contouring. I personally love the scent, which reminded me of my trip to bora bora. However, scent is subjective and it is heavily scented. I think the scent is from the murumuru oil. It hasn't broken me out and I have acne prone skin. I would repurchase because it's the cheapest bronzer I own that I like.

I don't really like the packaging, it comes with a weird applicator that I never use. I rather it didn't come with the weird applicator and just be smaller and more travel friendly

on 12/6/2017 11:16:00 PM

The packing becomes flimsy over time. The smell is soooooo good! And the color is perfect for my skin tone b