Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter BronzerMurumuru Butter Bronzer

4.2

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

Oh, Murumuru Butter Bronzer, how I wanted to love you. Most drugstore bronzers, on me, just look like dirt. I'd read so many wonderful things about you, so I got you one day when I had mega-CVS ExtraBucks and discounts on my ExtraCare card. Alas, our love was not to be. The instant that I opened your package, and caught a whiff of your gross coconut-scented odor, I was crushed with disappointment. Physicians Formula (and Tarte, too, for that matter), WHY must you contaminate powdered cosmetics with vile cheap odors?? The saddest part of all is that I like the way this bronzer looks, feels, and lasts. But that SMELL!! (On edit: The shade I purchased is Light Bronzer, and as previously stated, it's a great shade on me. Quite subtle color, and nice texture on the skin. But I just opened it again and EW, P-U.)

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I'm NC 35-40 and have this bronzer in Deep Bronzer which is not too cool or warm. Not orangey either. I love to use this to give some warmth to my face after foundation.

The formula is soft and blends really well into the skin. I don't find that it applies patchy at all. I use a angled brush that I bought from big lots to apply onto my face.

In regards to the scent, I don't hate it and I don't love it. Would be a plus without the scent but it's ok since I don't find it to be really strong and it goes away after a while.

The packaging is cute but way too bulky. I could make do without the extra bulkiness. It seems all their compacts are like that. I wish they would take the hint and reduce the bulkiness. Maybe that will reduce the price too. I bought mine at CVS and they're selling it for $16.79. Kinda pricey for a DS bronzer if you ask me. But I always get it for less there with the ECB.

I definitely repurchase and am thinking about getting the color Bronzer to compare. Of course I'm gonna use coupons..lol

I reach for this more than my Bobbi Brown bronzer which I also love. Definitely recommend giving this a try and you can always return if you don't like it at places like CVS and Riteaid.

on 6/7/2018 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm abotu NC20 and have this in Bronzer. I like more subtle bronzers that I can build up colors with gradually, to prevent lines or mudiness. Bonzer is a nice warm-toned brown, probably about NC25 in color; thus, if you are darker than me, you probably should choose a darker color. I feel the color is a little hard to build up - I need to apply quite a lot of this. At least it didn't oxidize to orange though.

I like the texture: it's not powdery, it's smooth, and this seems to have decent lasting power. It is, as may noted, HEAVILY scented. I can actually smell this on myself for quite some time after applying this. Not sure about how healthy that is - perfume in skin care is generally not a good thing... It smells kinda coconut-vanilla.

I don't regret buying this (especially because it was 40% off), but I'm not sure I would repurchase. I like that it's so easy to use and I like the color, but the packaging is bulky, the scent is a bit too heavy, I think the color is a little hard to build up - it might be better for lighter skin tones though. I just feel I could probably find similar things without the smell, which would be better for my skin. I generally think the smell of this might be one of the main selling points (and I'm generally not fan of scents in makeup or skin care), although I'm pretty happy that this bronzer comes in such light colors, which makes it possible for even very light people to use these. When I finish this, I might repurchase a similar color bronzer, but I won't purchase this one - it's just nothing special, really

on 5/8/2018 1:35:00 PM

Bronzer is not my favorite product to spend big $$$ on, but it's a necessity for me - I'm olive-skinned and in warm weather, my body will get darker than my face, so I need it to even everything out a bit. I have tried about 6,457 versions of all makeup items except bronzer, and I generally stick to Too Faced chocolate soleil. But I got bored, as one does, and picked this up.

I have this in Bronzer (very thoughtful name) and apply with the EcoTools Bronze Buki brush (which I LOVE). Yeah it's heavily scented. It doesn't bother me...but it's HEAVILY scented. I can only smell it during application though. I hate the packaging: it's ugly, bulky, and has that useless extra compartment with a bizarre sponge applicator thingy.

Now the good stuff. This is the perfect texture. It's kind of creamy, and not that pigmented, so you don't live in fear of creating a delusional version of yourself where you look like you fell face-first in a sand dune vs. having spent the day at the beach. (I speak from experience.) Yet it can also be built up without creating mountains of texture on your skin. I really appreciate that versatility. There is no shimmer but it's not an entirely flat finish either. It gives the burnished texture of skin that has actually been hit by the sun. The tone is spot on - not too warm as to look super fake, and not too cool as to look like a contour shade. It's affordable (still at the high end of drugstore prices though). Lasting power is good and it doesn't change color throughout the course of the day. It hasn't irritated my skin or broken me out (never a guarantee).

In combination with the Bronze Buki brush, it allows me to bronze AND subtly sculpt my face at the same time. I definitely recommend this (if you're not sensitive to strong scents). I like this better than the Too Faced, tbh. It just makes the whole thing so....easy.

on 5/7/2018 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I am on the fence with this one. After reading all the raving reviews, I decided to try it out. I am a bit disappointed. Firstly: the scent. It is a very strong, nauseating coconut scent. I am not a fan of coconut and I can usually get over scents in makeup when I get used to them. This one: not so much. I tried to air it out but that didn't help much. I now keep it in a ziplock bag so it doesn't stink up my whole makeup drawer! I don't understand why they gave this bronzer such a heavy perfume, it can't be healthy for the skin either. But scent aside: it's the product that counts. And it doesn't. The shade (I purchased the shade 'bronzer' because the light one is reaaaally light I heard) is nice and suitable for my fair skin, I love that it is matte but not uber matte so it looks drying. But somehow it always applies patchy. After foundation I set with a loose powder, but whatever powder (or brush) I try underneath, this bronzer won't apply the way I want it to. The package (as always with Physicians formula) is way too bulky, but the powder itself is nice and creamy to the touch. However, I can't get it to work for me. I am still trying different ways to use it, and the price is okay. Will give it some time and then decide to keep it or not.

on 5/7/2018 1:17:00 AM

I had high, high hopes for this product. My first ever bronzer, and it sucks.

It is not at all creamy as their highlighters. I used the shade Bronzer and it barely showed up on my skin. I wondered if it was the brush I was using, but no, that seemed to pick up highlighters just fine. I tried my beauty blender, but nothing showed up. Tried to swatch it on my hand, but again: nothing. Rubbed my finger hard into the pan, still no color payoff. When I looked into the mirror after 4 coats of application, I could tell that something was on my skin.

It's got a strong, strong coconut smell that I don't despise, but don't enjoy.

I really thought I would enjoy this, but I didn't.

on 5/4/2018 1:26:00 AM

Love the way it smelled...to me it smelled like coconut with a hint of vanilla. I also loved the way it applied as it went on smoothly and it lasted all day on me, however, the shade "bronzer" looked muddy on me! (skin tone reference: MAC c3). It looked cool toned on my warm skin tone so I'm thinking mayybe the lighter shade will work better for me??? SDM have these on sale pretty often so I would purchase this then (30% off, which works out to be cheaper than walmart's regular price). Packaging isn't fancy though - just made out of plastic, but I had no issues with it. Overall, a good product and I can see why it is something to rave about.. unfortunately, the shade didnt work well for ne.

on 5/3/2018 12:16:00 AM

I have gone through four of these bronzers. I even have the Benefit hula bronzer and I still reach for this one!

The pigmentation is great, it lasts all day, and I honestly look forward to that smell every time
I do my make up. The ritual doesn’t feel complete without it!

I honestly can’t knock this product for anything. If I had to give constructive criticism maybe a less bulky packaging and different applicator. Honestly, the weird sponge applicator doesn’t apply bronzer well and I guarantee 90% of users end up tossing it! Also, I go through this extremely fast and noticed it’s a more fragile powder. I usually end up having to toss it because once I hit pan, if the component knocks into anything, the pressed powder will break apart. Maybe the fact it is a soft powder is why it works so well - and don’t get me wrong - I’ll still use the crumbs! Wait. Is that why it’s in a clunkier compact ?! Answering my own questions 😂 Just like to give a thorough review to anyone thinking about purchasing it.

Recommend times ten.

I love this bronzer. I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite of all time, but it’s in my top five. It’s not shimmery, which I like, and it’s a nice cooler toned bronzer, that doesn’t appear orange (I’m looking at you, benefit Hoola). It also smells delicious! It is easily blended out and is definitely a great drugstore find. I will buy this again!

Product itself if great - not muddy, blends well, true natural bronzed look without orange tones or sheen. I use the light shade. Brush that is included is weird, and my bronzer broke while just using it (didn't drop or anything). I was able to repress the broken area, but it's not the same..