Eau Thermal Avene Cleanance HYDRA

Eau Thermal Avene Cleanance HYDRA

4.8

Avene thermal spring water, safflower seed oil, sucrose stearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, myrrh-3 myristate, peg-12, butylene glycol, pentaerythrityl tetracaprylate/tetracaprate, glycerin, dimethicone, cetyl alcohol, acrylates/C10-30, alkyl acrylate cross-polymer, BHT, bisabolol, caprylyl glycol disodium EDTA, Fragrance (perfume), phenoxyethenol sodium acetate, sucrose distearate, triethanolamine, water, xanthan gum, zinc gluconate

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is my all-time favorite face cream. I have combination to dry, sensitive skin, that's prone to redness and acne. I cannot use harsh anti-acne products, as they have always made my skin worse, never better. However I have recently discovered how gentle skincare can sometimes help acne more than acne-specific, oil-stripping products. I use this as a night creme (it's slightly greasy/ makes me look oily, but it does work well as a makeup base as well), after using the Avene Cleanance gel cleanser, and sometimes on top of Bioderma Sensibio AR face cream. It hydrates, plumps, and calms everything there is to calm on my skin -breakouts, redness, dryness.

on 2/6/2018 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have very only skin and it is currently very clogged (for a few years now). For quite a few months I was struggling with dryness on the top of my skin. My dermatologist recommended LRP Effaclar H creme but it just wasn't hydrating enough. So I went to the pharmacy to buy something new and the lady recommended me this product. And I must say that I was very suprised just after a few days - in a positive way! This is a really good moisturizer, it helped me calm my dryness and I also noticed that my skin isn't that oily anymore. The texture is great, it feels very light on skin and it absorbes quickly. It didn't help with my blackheads or acne though. It's not that cheap, but I will definitely buy it again as this is currently the only moisturizer that didn't screw up my skin and I have something positive to say about it. Still on a hunt for the perfect moisturizer!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

A good moisturizer that worked for me. But sometimes its not absorbed every time from my skin so its getting oily. It didnt cause any breakout or any pimple. I like this product but i prefer using it when my face is very dehydrated. I would repurchase it again!

on 6/20/2016 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have only been trying this cream for a few days, so I will update in a few weeks with thoughts and results. I use a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel twice a day to keep things smooth and clear. I have trialled countless moisturizers to find something that works for combination sensitive, acne-prone skin in a dry climate. It has been an adventure, and not a pleasant one. Avene Cleanance Hydra Soothing Cream has only 4 mildly comedogenic ingredients (which can usually be tolerated when using acne treatments), and is made for skin undergoing treatment. This is the ONLY moisturizer I could find that actually reads like it was made for my skin. I am skeptical since I have endlessly researched and tried product after product to no avail. I was briefly using Avene Hydra Optimale light, but it didn't seem to moisturize enough, and I wondered if it was actually causing irritation. I may trial that one again once my skin is back on track since it has NO comedogenic ingredients - VERY tough to find for the acne-prone! (I would highly recommend AcneMantra generator to find out if comedogenic ingredients are in any of your products - it is awesome!)

As far as this cream, I am not looking for magical results, glowing skin, or anti-aging, I simply want a moisturizer that soothes and hydrates my skin, while not causing breakouts or making me oily. So far, this cream has fit the bill. I have had no new breakouts in the last couple days (my skin will clog within that time if a moisturizer is particularly poor for my skin), and it DOES moisturize. I wake up with plumped skin, albeit a bit oily looking in some spots. I also wonder if it is causing blackheads on my nose, but using less may solve that problem. I did start using this when my skin was red, irritated, and flaking off. Smiling caused soreness and more flakes. This moisturizer makes my skin much more comfortable, and I can apply makeup without flaking. I do notice a very mild burn like feeling in some small areas 10 minutes or so after applying, but I am wondering if that is just irritated areas since it is not everywhere.It does dissipate, and as long as it doesn't get worse, I will take that over dryness and soreness. I will continue to use it and will report back. Hoping this one is my HG!

**Update**
I have been using this cream for about a month day and night. I use a pea size amount each time and it is AMAZING. Does not irritate, cause breakouts or oiliness with the amount I'm using. Very soothing, and wonderful as a makeup base, and pre-sunscreen. It gives a healthy glow, and at the end of a busy day wearing makeup, my skin looks dewy - not greasy. I love it! It is my HG!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am on Accutane and was referred this product by my pharmacist and doctor. Apparently this is marketed and created for people on acne medication. Accutane dries you out like no other, it is intense. I have had dry flaky skin while on this medication and have tried tons of moisturizers and this is the only one that has not cause me to have to peel layers of my skin off on the daily. It is great under makeup or at night. It has a unique texture on the surface of the skin that I have not experienced before. My skin is extremely silky and smooth with this on, especially with having the flaky skin. It is unlike most L'oreal, garnier etc. brands of moisterizers it is very interesting. I would be shocked to hear this made someone break out. 110% would recommend this. I got this for about $20 CAD with a coupon, (reg. $25) so look for a coupon or ask your pharmacist if they have samples. My sample came with the coupon. The price is well worth it.

on 3/12/2016 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is by far the best moisturiser I have used in a long time, late twenties with acene prone skin, this is the only moisturiser I will use. Its super hydrating and oil free so will not break you out. Its affordable if you can get it, so you can be liberal with it. it is perfect under make up. I love Avene and I have bought this product many times and am yet to find anything that compares!

on 2/24/2016 5:50:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I felt like i wrote the previous comment :) this is the only moisturizer that moisturize my dry skin in the winter, and didnt break me out.

on 12/13/2015 3:32:00 AM

This is one of my favorite moisturizers ever. I have oily skin that breaks out easily whenever I use hydrating cream but that also gets really dry in the winter (mainly around my mouth).
This does'nt break me out and is really hydrating, however I use it only at night because I find it gives me shiny/oily skin ( but I dont care as I wash my face in the morning :) )
Usually I buy one or two backups in case they discontinue this product, thats how much I love it :)