NYX Professional Makeup Matte Liquid Eyeliner

Matte Liquid EyelinerMatte Liquid Eyeliner

4.4

on 3/9/2019 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this eyeliner as a cheaper alternative to the ones I had been using and also because I was interested in the brush tip for creating thinner lines than I could do with felt tip pen liners. At $7.49 for a single liner and a tiny brush tip this fit the bill. Initially when I opened the liner the brush was at a slight angle, but it eventually correct itself and straightened out. I found it very easy to use even when it was slightly angled, but straighter is definitely easier. One of the perks of the brush tip is that you can wipe off excess product in the bottle/tube, which gives you a degree of control with a liquid liner that you don't get from other types of liquid eyeliner. However after a few months of use the build up of excess you have taken off can lead to clumps in the tube. The brush tip and the ability to remove excess product helps make thin lines, which is exactly how I like to do my eyeliner. The liner help up very well long term, although it can flake off at the outer corner if you rub it or wear it for an excessive amount of time. I also found that if I touched the inner corner a small amount could come off. Nothing that isn't easily touched up. My biggest complaint is that getting the liner on the lashes at the tips or even in the middle can make them stick together. This makes applying mascara a nightmare, so you have to be careful about that. The cons aside, I really like this eyeliner and it has become my favorite, replacing KVD's tattoo liner and the Stila liner that I used to use every day. I would recommend this as a cheap, effective liner.

on 1/14/2019 9:30:00 AM

I like the formula. It dries super fast and is very black and matte. It also stay in place for HOURS. But it is a bit hard to draw a good cat-eye with it and i usually don't have any issues doing it. I'm a big liquid eyeliner fan, been doing it for 15 years +
hence the 4 stars. if you do straight, thin lines, you should be ok :)

on 12/9/2018 10:44:00 PM

Great product :)

Matte finish and stayed longer than I expected. I have slightly oily lids and most eyeliners smudges or disappears after several hours

on 11/12/2018 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love this! Long lasting and rarely smudges.

on 11/4/2018 9:04:00 AM

This is a very good formula, long-lasting black matte that goes on opaque. I personally find the brush a bit too flimsy, I prefer a firmer sponge tip. But with a careful hand I can get really nice results, I just need to apply with patience.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is awesome. It's hard to get off. Awesome eyeliner to sleep in n wear the next day.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

The NYX matte liner is definitely matte and very black which I like. The brush which is not too flimsy yet not too stiff, makes it easy to do a wing. You can also make a thin or thick line with the brush too.

The staying power is awesome. I usually apply my makeup at 10am and don't remove till 11 PM or so and it doesn't fade or smudge. To remove, I use the store version of Neutrogena and it removes it with no problem.

The only gripe I have with it is the amount you get for your money. The amount you get isn't anything near other liquid liners like the L'Oreal one. You're paying more $ per ml compared to other liners. But when it's on sale, that issue is totally gone. So I'd recommend you get it when it's on sale and stock up. I would definitely repurchase and already have backups of it.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a great jet black, matte color. The formula is like liquid black vinyl and slow to dry. I do not like the long haired brush applicator and find it difficult to apply a smooth, even line. This is not long lasting on me, and starts to fade off before the day is half through. I prefer using a waterproof gel eye liner pencil such as from Mally Beauty, or a waterproof liquid felt tip pen style applicator from Stila.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Good eyeliner. Very black. Doesn't smudge or move once it dries down. The only con is that it's tough to remove, but I use this as my go-to eyeliner when I really need it to stay put for a long time. This will last you all day, no jokes. It's almost a "vinyl" texture, hard to explain.

on 4/18/2018 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE this eyeliner. Perfect for doing a wing, I personally love the feathered tip! It definitely is matte which is my preferred finish. Easy to use, beginner friendly and lasts all day! would deff recommend.