NYX Professional Makeup Matte Liquid Eyeliner

NYX Professional Makeup Matte Liquid Eyeliner
Matte Liquid EyelinerMatte Liquid Eyeliner

4.4

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

The NYX matte liner is definitely matte and very black which I like. The brush which is not too flimsy yet not too stiff, makes it easy to do a wing. You can also make a thin or thick line with the brush too.

The staying power is awesome. I usually apply my makeup at 10am and don't remove till 11 PM or so and it doesn't fade or smudge. To remove, I use the store version of Neutrogena and it removes it with no problem.

The only gripe I have with it is the amount you get for your money. The amount you get isn't anything near other liquid liners like the L'Oreal one. You're paying more $ per ml compared to other liners. But when it's on sale, that issue is totally gone. So I'd recommend you get it when it's on sale and stock up. I would definitely repurchase and already have backups of it.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a great jet black, matte color. The formula is like liquid black vinyl and slow to dry. I do not like the long haired brush applicator and find it difficult to apply a smooth, even line. This is not long lasting on me, and starts to fade off before the day is half through. I prefer using a waterproof gel eye liner pencil such as from Mally Beauty, or a waterproof liquid felt tip pen style applicator from Stila.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Good eyeliner. Very black. Doesn't smudge or move once it dries down. The only con is that it's tough to remove, but I use this as my go-to eyeliner when I really need it to stay put for a long time. This will last you all day, no jokes. It's almost a "vinyl" texture, hard to explain.

on 4/18/2018 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE this eyeliner. Perfect for doing a wing, I personally love the feathered tip! It definitely is matte which is my preferred finish. Easy to use, beginner friendly and lasts all day! would deff recommend.

This was my first foray into liquid brush-tip liners, and I really like it! The brush is very very thin, which is perfect for my preferred eyeliner look, and it goes on smoothly, stays matte, and wears pretty well throughout the day. I usually apply it over primer + shadow in a couple different brands, and haven't had any issues with wearing it all day except for the minor one mentioned below.

I'm docking a star for two minor reasons: 1) it dries very quickly and it's a little tricky to apply a second layer over the first, which can make it a bit of a challenge to apply evenly, and b) I get a teeny bit of weird smudging right at the outside corner of my eyes sometimes after a few hours wearing this stuff (most often when paired with my Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion), though thankfully this doesn't happen if I set it with a bit of translucent powder, so that's an easy fix. Overall I'd totally recommend this as a workable budget option for someone like me who's a newbie to this style of liner.

They discontinued my NYC liquid eyeliner so I decided to give this a go, and it did not disappoint. It has a thin, brush applicator, which I LOVE, perfect for winged liner. It's also a true opaque matte black!

on 4/12/2018 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I bought this at the local drug store on sale. I am always looking for a liner HG...this one is excellent and the price is great. The brush is very thin so the line goes on thin. This stays well for me. Getting it off takes more than water, I use Neutrogena make-up remover and it works great. The matte color I chose was black and it is a true matte. I would purchase again over more expensive liners any day! Is this my HG...I continue to try others...but it could be...and that is saying a lot for me! Happy shopping!!!

on 3/26/2018 3:41:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Been using this for a while and it's become my current HG liner. The formula is easy to work with and stays on almost all day. It might flake at the end of the day when Im ready to take it off. The pigment is just good enough. I sometimes need to go over the line if I don't get enough formula on the first time. Overall am happy with the formula as it's not too thin or thick.

The brush applicator is firm but bendable so it draws nice curves for a cat wing. I can also draw very thin lines with this brush. I prefer brush tip over felt tip liners. My other liner that I'm using is the L'Oréal lineur intense but the formula has changed and flakes off easily but I do like the brush better. Also using the Milani infinite liner but the formula is harder to work with since it's very goop and the brush quality is not great. So Nyx us my fav so far.

I really like the applicator. It’s thin so u can build ur own look. And also the pigment is really good.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

UD 24/7 liquid liner use to be mu HG. This is now my new go to! Will last 8 hours but not 24. On my flight back from the UK it smudged and burned my eyes.