NYX Professional Makeup Matte Liquid Eyeliner

NYX Professional Makeup Matte Liquid Eyeliner
Matte Liquid EyelinerMatte Liquid Eyeliner

4.4

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Good eyeliner. Very black. Doesn't smudge or move once it dries down. The only con is that it's tough to remove, but I use this as my go-to eyeliner when I really need it to stay put for a long time. This will last you all day, no jokes. It's almost a "vinyl" texture, hard to explain.

on 4/18/2018 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE this eyeliner. Perfect for doing a wing, I personally love the feathered tip! It definitely is matte which is my preferred finish. Easy to use, beginner friendly and lasts all day! would deff recommend.

This was my first foray into liquid brush-tip liners, and I really like it! The brush is very very thin, which is perfect for my preferred eyeliner look, and it goes on smoothly, stays matte, and wears pretty well throughout the day. I usually apply it over primer + shadow in a couple different brands, and haven't had any issues with wearing it all day except for the minor one mentioned below.

I'm docking a star for two minor reasons: 1) it dries very quickly and it's a little tricky to apply a second layer over the first, which can make it a bit of a challenge to apply evenly, and b) I get a teeny bit of weird smudging right at the outside corner of my eyes sometimes after a few hours wearing this stuff (most often when paired with my Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion), though thankfully this doesn't happen if I set it with a bit of translucent powder, so that's an easy fix. Overall I'd totally recommend this as a workable budget option for someone like me who's a newbie to this style of liner.

They discontinued my NYC liquid eyeliner so I decided to give this a go, and it did not disappoint. It has a thin, brush applicator, which I LOVE, perfect for winged liner. It's also a true opaque matte black!

on 4/12/2018 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I bought this at the local drug store on sale. I am always looking for a liner HG...this one is excellent and the price is great. The brush is very thin so the line goes on thin. This stays well for me. Getting it off takes more than water, I use Neutrogena make-up remover and it works great. The matte color I chose was black and it is a true matte. I would purchase again over more expensive liners any day! Is this my HG...I continue to try others...but it could be...and that is saying a lot for me! Happy shopping!!!

on 3/26/2018 3:41:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Been using this for a while and it's become my current HG liner. The formula is easy to work with and stays on almost all day. It might flake at the end of the day when Im ready to take it off. The pigment is just good enough. I sometimes need to go over the line if I don't get enough formula on the first time. Overall am happy with the formula as it's not too thin or thick.

The brush applicator is firm but bendable so it draws nice curves for a cat wing. I can also draw very thin lines with this brush. I prefer brush tip over felt tip liners. My other liner that I'm using is the L'Oréal lineur intense but the formula has changed and flakes off easily but I do like the brush better. Also using the Milani infinite liner but the formula is harder to work with since it's very goop and the brush quality is not great. So Nyx us my fav so far.

I really like the applicator. It’s thin so u can build ur own look. And also the pigment is really good.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

UD 24/7 liquid liner use to be mu HG. This is now my new go to! Will last 8 hours but not 24. On my flight back from the UK it smudged and burned my eyes.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Closing in on 2018, there are a couple things about myself I've noticed this past year with regards to makeup specifically.. one is, the less effort, steps, tools, hassle involved, the better. There was a time when curiosity got the better of me and I tried gel liners, felt tip liners, all kinds of pencil liners.. and they all have their time and place and I keep them around for good measure.

But guess what?? Nothing beats the convenience of a really quick, bold, matte black liquid liner that doesn't smudge and lasts all day. How can you go wrong? Liquid liner is a Practice makes perfect sort of thing and a lot of people are intimidated by it because there is definitely room for error, but once you have it down, there is no other kind of eyeliner that looks as glamorous and goes on as quickly and smoothly. Of course that is just my opinion, but this Nyx matte liquid liner is a big part of the reason I say that. It is BOLD, matte, very long-wearing and doesn't bleed outside the line. It is user-friendly with a very fine, sharp point and very even distribution of product. It can create a thin line as easy as a thick one. If you prefer winged liner as I do much of the time, this is an excellent choice.

The price is very reasonable and it is now readily available at the drugstores. It is one of those drugstore products (along with my Coty Airspun loose powder, Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder, L'Oréal brow stylist definer and Cover Girl super sizer mascara), that I buy over and over again with TOTAL confidence that I'm getting as good, if not better quality than I would find at Sephora, and I don't feel the need to rock the boat and spend more, because WHY mess with the best??

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this product from one of my local drug stores on a whim. I can't quite remember how much it was, but I believe I picked it up for 10-15 bucks at the time. I do like that the brush is very thin, and likely easy to work with if you're well-practiced when it comes to liquid eyeliner. I personally prefer to use an angle brush; I paint the product onto the angle brush and go about my winged-eyeliner look that way, it's a whole thing.

The formula is definitely matte, which I found made it quite dry as a result, meaning I had to work with it very quickly. It caused my eyelashes to clump a bit as a result. My biggest qualm with this eyeliner is that it almost acts like a dry-erase marker. If I went over it with another coat, it would flake off. It seemed to be that if I didn't get it right the first time, there was no going back for a touch-up.

The last time I used it, I got so frustrated with it, I decided to take my makeup off completely and start over again. This stuff is incredibly difficult to remove! It smears everywhere, and it stains. I usually keep the products I buy for a while, hoping I'll find a use for them eventually, if not as part of my daily routine. This product irritated me and my skin so badly, that I inevitably had to chuck it. I love NYX products, but I've had zero luck with their eyeliners thus far. I think I'll stick to their lip and eyebrow products instead.