TonyMoly Peach Lip Balm

TonyMoly Peach Lip Balm

3.5

on 3/20/2017 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was really surprised at how moisturizing this is considering the product. Don't let me give you the impression it's a deeply moisturizing treatment type balm, it's not.

However when considering other novelty type balms (It's Skin Macaron, TonyMoly Petite Bunny Gloss Bar...) it's a bit buttery and longer lasting. Great scent. Others mentioned it looks like a boob, but in profile it also looks like a bum, so my immature side gets a chuckle too.

The biggest downside for me is the sheer magnitude of the gloss itself. If you have problems locating anything in your handbag fear not you will locate this quickly.

on 12/11/2016 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

It's cute, it smells nice, and it does a great job of hydrating my lips. The issues:
- the cost - $10 for this, seriously?
- the packaging; the peach looks cute but a pain to open. Also someone thought it was a mini-boob and not a peach at first glance. My kids call it a 'booby' when they see it and not a peach. I don't know if this is just coincidence or intentional on Tony Moly's part
- product amount - I've barely used it and it's almost gone.

Good points:
- smells just like a peach
- ultra hydrating

I can't justify buying this again.

on 2/20/2016 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

It's worth it for the cuteness, and the gloss isn't bad, but it's not mindblowing. Let's be honest, we're buying this because it's adorable. The product itself wouldn't be worth the cost if the packaging was boring.

It has the same texture as all TonyMoly balms I have, very glossy and slick with a slightly oily rather than greasy feel. There's no stickiness or tack to it, just shiny slipperiness. The wear time isn't long but isn't bad for a gloss, it's thin enough where it doesn't transfer too much. It's lightly hydrating, keeps lips soft but won't help chapped lips much. Peach comes out colorless on my lips.

The scent is a lighter, white peach flavor with a light chemical undertone. You won't be fooled into thinking you're smelling a real peach, but it's much lighter and less cloying than say a peach candy smell. The taste for me is nearly nonexistent, very neutral with a distant hint of fake peach.

I might repurchase other TM balms that have a little color and a better scent, but this one is a bit meh for me, and I don't think I need two tiny cute peach containers.

on 11/29/2015 6:09:00 AM

Like other Tony Moly products, this lip balm comes in a freaking adorable package. It's a little pot that looks like a peach, twist off the top to access the lip balm. The scent is fantastic- a real, fresh, white peach scent. It doesn't smell fake or overly sweet. The formula is good- it's a fairly thin formula, but it sinks into the lips quickly, and my lips feel well moisturized. I don't lick my lips, so taste isn't an issue for me, as it appears to have been for some other reviewers. I have this by my bed, and put it on at night before going to sleep. I suspect the finish is too glossy to put under lipstick- I've not tried, I think my lipstick would slip right off a layer of this. I got mine at Sephora, though their prices seem to be much higher than other outlets, so it pays to shop around. I plan to try other scents!