Avon Little Black Dress

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

4.3

It's a warm "floriental" that I like a lot -- and so does my SO. If it had better lasting power, it would be a keeper. Because it doesn't, I'm not so sure. The matching scented body lotion is useless; the scent goes on VERY faint and soon disappears altogether, so it doesn't help the perfume last.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I think Avon did a good job with this fragrance :) It doesn't smell too sweet or light, it's more of a sophisticated and musky smell. It even reminds me a little bit of a men fragrance, but it still is very feminine. The name of it fits the smell- a nighttime, coquettish and even mystical perfume.

Initially I was a little disappointed in this perfume, because I wanted more apricot, more floral, and more spice. I don't care for the first few minutes of Little Black Dress, but I must admit that when it has settled down a bit, it's very subtle and pretty. It's not a favourite but it's growing on me. For now my little roller-ball applicator will suffice, and I don't plan to buy more, but if it goes on a really good sale I may change my mind.

Edited to add a lippie and to say that I would, in fact, buy this product again. I must like this more than I had initially thought, because I'm almost through my roll-on and it's only been a couple of months. That's rather quick for me. It seems to be a rather good compromise scent for when it's not too hot or too cold out, and I can't decide whether to wear a warm scent or a floral.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

A soft, creamy floral with oriental warmth and a hint of apricot blossom. It came out in 2001 and is still selling strong. I'd describe it as an everyday modern classic - soft, elegant, no harsh notes. Its very long-lasting (8 hours on me) but people have described it as soft and nice, a good one to wear in the background without overpowering. Men seem to like this one. The thing about this perfume is it is this so wearable and long lasting its a good one for everyday. Other perfumes might be more exciting, but then again, your fantastic new "love-em" scent is often other peoples cloying "hate-em" irritation! A simply elegant, reliable finishing touch to complete your grooming.

Some people say that Little Black dress is like "Vera Wang", or Sarah Jessica Parker's "Covet". I haven't tried those, but think its like Elizabeth Taylor's "Forever Elizabeth", but more fruity and less cloying.

Top notes - ginger, coriander, cyclamen, jasmine, apricot blossom + some say honeysuckle
Middle notes - pink peony, gardenia, ylang-ylang, some say jasmine
Base notes - musk, japanese plum, sandalwood and tonka beans.

I was looking forward to this one, but I must say I'm a little disappointed. This is NOT a bad a fragrance, not at all. it's subtle and classy, a hint of gentle floral and beautiful vanilla, but everything perfectly balanced. If you want to play safe this is perfect.
However, I can hardly feel it on my skin, it must be the body chemistry thing. It's there, long lasting, but I wouldn't notice it if I didn't know I sprayed it on my wrist. I'm an oriental fan so this is nothing strange.
I'd recommend this for other people to try on their skin before buying, but it's a wonderful fragrance indeed.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have a lot of parfumes and this one is my favorite one! I usually wear one parfume for few days or week and I get borred, but that is not the case with LBD! I can wear it for months and love it every day more and more. It has very nice unique sexy smell, not strong and offencive like some reviewers said here. The best Avon parfume ever!!! It won award for the best parfume in 2002 in the World. Just buy it and smell it!

Popular Fragrances