Avon Little Black Dress

3.7

It's a warm "floriental" that I like a lot -- and so does my SO. If it had better lasting power, it would be a keeper. Because it doesn't, I'm not so sure. The matching scented body lotion is useless; the scent goes on VERY faint and soon disappears altogether, so it doesn't help the perfume last.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Avon Little Black Dress has been reformulated and the bottle redesigned. Avon describes it as: "An oriental floral fragrance that's versatile and stylish from day to night. A striking top note of sparkling Italian lemon oil, flowing into luxurious jasmine with a basenote of sophisticated sandalwood. " I'm not sure that description is entirely accurate. What I am sure of is the new Little Black Dress is a decent dupe of CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle EdP -down to that creamy, woody drydown. Even the name and the new bottle design is an homage to CHANEL. Longevity and sillage is same as my Coco Mademoiselle EdP. The big difference is you can get a Little Black Dress set containing the 50 ml EdP, 200 ml Body Lotion and 200 ml Shower Gel for $25! That is a really great value. Oh, and whenever I wear LBD, someone asks me if I'm wearing Coco Mademoiselle.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I am not familiar with the "original" formulation of this fragrance, but am given to believe by Basenotes that it contained honeysuckle. That alone would make me avoid it. The "updated" version touts italian lemon, jasmine, sandalwood - all ingredients I like, especially the lemon, so I tried it. All are present and noticeable and complementary in the fragrance. Smells nice, smells sophisticated, all good.

I like this version. It doesn't last very long, but at this price point I'm OK with that. This is not the kind of fragrance I usually go for, but I'm very pleased with it and will use it often.

The best Avon fragrance I've tried in several years - this keeps me from completely giving up on Avon after several of its misfires.

a good fragrance for evening or night out
Added .after one month of using this perfume the smell changed like cheap perfumes
and the scent lasts for only few minutes will not repurchase

I've worn this perfume for a long time ..It's beautiful and very classic , reviewers here have described beautifully ..It's warm for sure but it won't give headaches ..Best of all , it 's wearable for either day or night , and it 's very long lasting ..
Sadly , I felt it doesn't suit my body chemistry , and smelled weird on me ..:/ It was the 2000's then and all this craze with "sweet " scents started , so I thought of letting it go and trying others ...I recommend trying it before buying as it's prone to change easily on skin , but smells beautifully and chic with the right wearer .

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Little Black Dress smells to me a bit like Fire and ice body spray. It took me a few days to like this fragrance and that's only when I connected it to Fire and ice, its has not got exactly the same notes but it reminds me of that one.
On me this has a high pitch, I'd say its bright and cheerful not cozy, remaining very elegant and feminine throughout, its smooth enough, sweet, with a soft/medium sillage. This fragrance is very pleasant and easy to wear anytime of the day or night.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

this scent was awesome! i still have some left over in my bottle and i wear it time to time in the colder months.. it is fruity but in a wintery way. it is sophisticated and modern, has good staying power.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this perfume, it smell really nice on me. I paid 6 on the sale, and I think it's really worthy, doesn't smell like a cheap perfume at all! The lasting power is good on this perfume too. I could use it every day and would recommend this to my friends!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Good thing I only brought this in the roller ball version. I smelt a sample in one of their catalog and thought it smelt soo delightful.
When I purchased the roller ball, it smelt nothing like what I had remember. Strong and musky that was it.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I think Avon did a good job with this fragrance :) It doesn't smell too sweet or light, it's more of a sophisticated and musky smell. It even reminds me a little bit of a men fragrance, but it still is very feminine. The name of it fits the smell- a nighttime, coquettish and even mystical perfume.

Popular Fragrances