Avon Little Black Dress

3.7

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I am not familiar with the "original" formulation of this fragrance, but am given to believe by Basenotes that it contained honeysuckle. That alone would make me avoid it. The "updated" version touts italian lemon, jasmine, sandalwood - all ingredients I like, especially the lemon, so I tried it. All are present and noticeable and complementary in the fragrance. Smells nice, smells sophisticated, all good.

I like this version. It doesn't last very long, but at this price point I'm OK with that. This is not the kind of fragrance I usually go for, but I'm very pleased with it and will use it often.

The best Avon fragrance I've tried in several years - this keeps me from completely giving up on Avon after several of its misfires.

a good fragrance for evening or night out
Added .after one month of using this perfume the smell changed like cheap perfumes
and the scent lasts for only few minutes will not repurchase

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Good thing I only brought this in the roller ball version. I smelt a sample in one of their catalog and thought it smelt soo delightful.
When I purchased the roller ball, it smelt nothing like what I had remember. Strong and musky that was it.

I've worn this perfume for a long time ..It's beautiful and very classic , reviewers here have described beautifully ..It's warm for sure but it won't give headaches ..Best of all , it 's wearable for either day or night , and it 's very long lasting ..
Sadly , I felt it doesn't suit my body chemistry , and smelled weird on me ..:/ It was the 2000's then and all this craze with "sweet " scents started , so I thought of letting it go and trying others ...I recommend trying it before buying as it's prone to change easily on skin , but smells beautifully and chic with the right wearer .

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I think Avon did a good job with this fragrance :) It doesn't smell too sweet or light, it's more of a sophisticated and musky smell. It even reminds me a little bit of a men fragrance, but it still is very feminine. The name of it fits the smell- a nighttime, coquettish and even mystical perfume.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Little Black Dress smells to me a bit like Fire and ice body spray. It took me a few days to like this fragrance and that's only when I connected it to Fire and ice, its has not got exactly the same notes but it reminds me of that one.
On me this has a high pitch, I'd say its bright and cheerful not cozy, remaining very elegant and feminine throughout, its smooth enough, sweet, with a soft/medium sillage. This fragrance is very pleasant and easy to wear anytime of the day or night.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

this scent was awesome! i still have some left over in my bottle and i wear it time to time in the colder months.. it is fruity but in a wintery way. it is sophisticated and modern, has good staying power.

I really liked this when I first got it but it wore on me pretty quickly. I still like it, it's a nice fragrance, sultry and sophisticated yet fun but definitely a "once in a while" fragrance for me. I find that a little bit of it is more than enough so my small bottle will last quite a while. I really liked the bottle design though, very classy. It sure didn't last long though, I still give it a 4. Many of Avons fragrance are stinkers but this was one of the better ones IMO. I might repurchase this if it was still available, only in a small bottle though.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this perfume, it smell really nice on me. I paid 6 on the sale, and I think it's really worthy, doesn't smell like a cheap perfume at all! The lasting power is good on this perfume too. I could use it every day and would recommend this to my friends!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Another one of the good fragrances that use to be.....I still have a bottle of this one too, maybe 2 bottles? I use to wear this one almost every day but.....as with every perfume... I got tired of the smell and moved on. I do like this perfume. It reminds me of very rich and well dressed women. I do not know why that is, but it does. I rarely wear this fragrance anymore. I think I grew out of it. It is a stronger perfume and wears for a long time. The smell seems to lighten up after a couple of hours, but then after another hour or so, it seems to strengthen again. I would re-buy it if I ever run out. It does have it's place on any fine lady's vanity

Popular Fragrances