Vintner's Daughter Active Botanical Serum

3.7

Meh. I keep buying increasingly
expensive products, hoping they'll somehow take my (already pretty good) skin to some sort of higher nirvana plane of glowiness. I bought into the ITG hype--might I note that they get so much stuff for free, and it's unwise to completely trust them when they recommend an absurdly expensive product. Is this product good? Sure, I guess. Is it even better when you don't have to pay for it? Of course. Is it good when you factor in that it costs double or triple or quadruple what many other really good oils cost? Naaaaaaah.

There was once a time when $90 seemed like an absurd amount to spend on a serum..I miss those days. Anyway. This was like..fine. I have dry skin, not blemish prone or especially sensitive, though I do have some reddish rosiness on my nose and cheeks, which is either natural coloring or very mild rosacea. It's a dry oil, as others have noted. Doesn't moisturize my skin esp. well-for comparison, Sunday Riley Juno and Artemis both felt like they moisturized a lot more. This didn't really do anything special to my skin. It looked clear and slightly glowy, but then it always kinda looks that way when I remember to stick to a decent skincare routine. Maybe it's worthwhile if you have very reactive, blemish prone, or oily skin, but for me it was a big fat meh. Would not repurchase. Think hard before you buy this one- think reeeeally hard.

Eyes: Violet

I had really big hopes for this oil ( after all the rave reviews I read). So, even if it was quite expensive, I decided to get it.
Now that my bottle is almost over, I can finally say "This oil was not for me". It didn't really absorb into the skin, but was more sitting on top of it; the morning after my skin looked quite dehydrated if I used it on its own. I wanted to love it, but this oil is definitely not for me (nothing special at all considering the price). So, I repurchased my all time favourite MV cleansing oil instead.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I had high hopes for Vintner's daughter, but it just isn't for me.

This oil doesn't absorb into my skin at all, but just sits on top of it. Consequently, my face feels tight and uncomfortable. I can't say if it had any positive influence on my skin, it ought to absorb to do that. The scent is gorgeous though....

I am trying to find creative ways to use the product up, because I don't want to waste what is in it.,,,the ingredient list reads like a dream.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a nice oil and if you can afford it, buy it. I did enjoy the facial massage tips that come with the bottle. I had to try it, but it's too expensive for me. As with most skincare I didn't expect or see any miracle results.

I think once skincare reaches a certain price threshold there are better value in lasers, IPLS and even filler. Also, there are many more reasonably priced oils on the market. They may not be a powerhouse like this one but they'll do just fine at a fraction of the cost.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

After all the rave reviews I just had to try this one: I have dehydrated, sensitive, often patchy skin that is prone to breakouts and uneven skintone. I wanted to love this, but I do not. The smell of jasmine is too strong and unpleasant for me, but I could deal with it if the product would work. However, it sits on my skin oily and shiny and does not absorb well (I tried on dry and slightly damp skin). Also, the next morning I seem to have lots of irritation and tiny red bumps on my face. It did nothing for me, if anything, made it worse

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got a sample of this oil at Rescue Spa. My skin is not sensitive, so the mixture of oils didn't bother my skin, but the scent lingers for hours and I didn't find it pleasant. I think I've read that people with oily skin like it because it balances. This might be the case, because it isn't as moist as other oils I've used. I sometimes use just argan oil after my PM facewash and wake up with plump, moist skin. The Vintner's Daughter didn't do that. My skin is moister than if I just washed my face and put nothing on and woke up to dryish skin, but nothing special. It might work as an occlusive over a lotion or cream moisturizer, but why spend that much on an oil if you're not putting it on bare skin? So glad I got a free sample because I was really curious about this oil.

How do I love thee, let me count the ways...
I love the smell - herbal/lemony. I love the texture. It is rich, but not too rich, soaks in quickly, but leaves the skin dewy. It's not one of those oils that soaks in and you absent mindedly wonder if you applied it yet. The best thing is that it starts to give you results very quickly, put it on at bedtime and you might notice a glow by the morning time. For me, it balances my combo/sensitive skin. It refines the skin's texture, firms and gives radiance. It's also calming and soothing, when my skin is freaking out.
Most reviews of this oil mention the price. It's very high, so definitely worth getting a sample before you buy. I got several samples before committing and in the end decided it was just too good to pass up. I have so many oils and serums that are just okay gathering dust. This one is used and loved every evening.
For reference. I use this once a day, a generous 8 drops. A bottle lasts about 10 weeks.

Why did I read about this serum? Why did I buy the samples? Why do I like it so (so!) much?
No oily remains, just very soft and touchable skin.
I promised myself that I am 'allowed' to buy this serum, once I finish my two remaining moisturizers. (Which is of course very soon, when you slap your moisturizer over your whole body, just to quickly finish the jar!... :-D ...)
This is absolutely a wonderful product! Already after sampling my skin was no longer in need of a foundation. So I am very curious what will happen when I finish a whole bottle.
The older I get (now 47) the more I spend on skincare, but I buy fewer products. So in the end I save tons of money.
This certainly is a serious candidate for my 'go to' and only face product. (Think of all the space in the bathroom!)
But the price remains incredibly high!
Also I am very curious what the next product will be of the creator of this wonderful face oil (April Gargiulo).

I read about this serum with interest, but the price and lack of sample sizes at that time kept me from trying it. Finally, samples became available and I bought them. Unfortunately, I love it! At first it seemed too oily and I was afraid my very sensitive skin would break out. My face felt moist and supple in the morning, not oily. Amazingly, after a week of using the samples my skin was clearer and smoother than I can remember seeing it. There are no little bumps, no clogged pores, no dry flakes - just smooth clear skin! Of course I bought the full size, despite the trauma to my credit card, and it has been working beautifully through hot weather, change of seasons, two trips and now winter dryness in New England. I use it only at night, sticking with my usual products during the day. Early on I did contact the company to be certain I was using it correctly, A representative answered my email immediately and provided specific individual assistance to me. Awesome customer service! I definitely will buy again and again and again...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been desperate to try this for months, mostly because I have dry, sometimes dull skin and generally like using some oils, and because the hype was BIG. I finally bit the bullet, and honestly, I'm not sold. To be fair, I've only used it for a couple of nights so far (5 drops, warmed up, then pressed into my face) and certainly haven't seen the miraculous sea-change others have in the span of one sleep cycle. If anything, I feel like it's made my skin feel a little thicker, and I have a weird dry patch on my cheek. I find my skin takes much better to a vitamin C serum (which my derm told me is her choice when people ask her what's the one product they need) and a moisturizer. I'm bummed because I pretty much end up disliking all hyper-luxury skincare products, yet still get sucked in. I'll stick to my m-61, Kiehl's. and Skinceuticals.