3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 months ago

This stuff was very very harsh on my skin, even more harsh for around my eye area and with all the essential oils in it it makes sense why. I'm quite surprised by all the love it gets but I do have problematic skin (sensitive, hyperpigmentation) so maybe it's beloved by people with good skin who are just concerned about aging and it does a good job there? I don't know...but if you have sensitive skin like me definitely get a sample first to try. You don't want to be out $200 over this. In addition, it doesn't absorb well, just sits on the skin (even with a face roller) and the next morning, some of it is still there, gets washed away. I haven't had this issue with any other oils. I put it on during the day, same thing. And the smell was too much for me; it was... sharp? almost. Very, very "botanical". You can tell there are 22 ingredients all fighting for dominance. I'm going through the bottle but not blown away like everyone else it. All in all, nothing about this product including packaging justifies the price tag

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Medium

6 months ago

Pros: smells beautiful, luxurious formula, melts into skin, a little goes a long way Cons: too strong for sensitive skin, has sun-sensitizing ingredients yet says the formula is safe for day and night I wanted to be obsessed with this product after every influencer under the sun touted its holy grail qualities but I just haven't seen anything spectacular, certainly not for the obnoxious price tag. I typically use the serum after a strong toner and I even follow the bizarre application technique and still a few months later I haven't seen much improvement in the texture or look of my skin. In addition, my skin got irritated sometimes. It's become a cult product and maybe it's just not a match for my skin.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGray

9 months ago

The Vintner's Daughter Active Botanical Serum is one of those products which suddenly got praised and was talked about in every beauty blog, so I end up absolutely convinced and bought this $200 "serum", in fact it is a face oil rather than a serum. I have to say it is a complete waste of money. Maybe there are just too many ingredients for my skin, I saw small red bumps coming up after use it, my skin became more irritated and sensitive than before (I don't normally have very sensitive skin). Honestly, for a $200 face oil, I expect it do at least some of the things it "promised" on the box. It's not even an organic certified product.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Tan

HairBlond

EyesGray

a year ago

First, I should say that I am that person who falls for hype and supposed "cult" products only to have them not work for me. I have a very expensive trail of other people's holy grail products that were just meh for me. When you have bad skin, unfortunately, I think you are more susceptible to claims of miracle skin products, which is unfair. I had cystic acne at age 11. When other girls were out having fun, I was exploring techniques to cover blemishes. My skin didn't clear up until my late 30's after 2 rounds of Accutane. Now that breakouts are not a constant threat, I am continually looking for something to help with texture, deep scars and ungodly oily skin. When I put my makeup on in the morning, it is literally an oily mess before I leave the house for work. Blotting and powdering all day long is just part of my existence. Caking makeup is better than the alternative of having my skin show through. Enter Vintner's Daughter. It is expensive, so I don't recommend it lightly. I purchased the small trial bottle to start with and I was blown away with the results the next morning. I don't care for the smell so much, but I have used much worse-smelling products in my quest for good skin, and the smell dissipates fairly quickly. This product is a game changer for oily skin. The first day, I woke up and thought, hmmm, my skin looks better--more vibrant and refreshed, but I've played that game before and been less impressed after a week of use, or suffering from a horrible breakout. Not in this case. I got my makeup on and got ready to leave for work--first blot before leaving the house was not necessary. My makeup went on better and I had 2 people tell me I looked nice. (What? That never happens to me). Day 2, I did not have to blot my skin AT ALL the entire day-- I work 10 hours, and my makeup looked fresh at the end of the day. Unless you are an extremely oily skinned person, you can't understand how that feels. I am now 3 weeks in, and while I don't know anything about the why or what, I can tell you this has been the miracle for me that I read in their many, many rave reviews on-line. I have never experienced the kind of skin that you can slap on BB Cream and go to the store in. After the first week, I did just that. My husband cannot believe it either. He usually waits patiently for me to get my face on before going anywhere. I feel like a new person with a new lease on life. My skin is no longer in the driver's seat. It is clearer, smoother and so balanced I don't have to blot and cake on powder all day to combat oil. I would definitely recommend purchasing the sample size first. It is a decent size to test for weeks (you only need a few drops per day). A sample card size would not be adequate to judge your results in my opinion. I saw results very quickly, but I had a mess to start with. My skin continues to improve and I am going to get the full size bottle and never be without this gem. I really hope it offers the same miracle for others out there with similar issues.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinOily

from

a year ago

Another product that did not live up to the hype for me. I am extremely dry, Sahara dry. This oil was not different than any others. The only oils that I really have had good results from are squalene and rosehips. This was not as hydrating as I thought it would be. Used alone or layered it was just not amazing. Just more hype. One silver lining, they are selling smaller bottles now. I’m glad I got the small size or I would have been sick.

About reviewer (138 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

2 years ago

Meh. I keep buying increasingly expensive products, hoping they'll somehow take my (already pretty good) skin to some sort of higher nirvana plane of glowiness. I bought into the ITG hype--might I note that they get so much stuff for free, and it's unwise to completely trust them when they recommend an absurdly expensive product. Is this product good? Sure, I guess. Is it even better when you don't have to pay for it? Of course. Is it good when you factor in that it costs double or triple or quadruple what many other really good oils cost? Naaaaaaah. There was once a time when $90 seemed like an absurd amount to spend on a serum..I miss those days. Anyway. This was like..fine. I have dry skin, not blemish prone or especially sensitive, though I do have some reddish rosiness on my nose and cheeks, which is either natural coloring or very mild rosacea. It's a dry oil, as others have noted. Doesn't moisturize my skin esp. well-for comparison, Sunday Riley Juno and Artemis both felt like they moisturized a lot more. This didn't really do anything special to my skin. It looked clear and slightly glowy, but then it always kinda looks that way when I remember to stick to a decent skincare routine. Maybe it's worthwhile if you have very reactive, blemish prone, or oily skin, but for me it was a big fat meh. Would not repurchase. Think hard before you buy this one- think reeeeally hard.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair

2 years ago

I had really big hopes for this oil ( after all the rave reviews I read). So, even if it was quite expensive, I decided to get it. Now that my bottle is almost over, I can finally say "This oil was not for me". It didn't really absorb into the skin, but was more sitting on top of it; the morning after my skin looked quite dehydrated if I used it on its own. I wanted to love it, but this oil is definitely not for me (nothing special at all considering the price). So, I repurchased my all time favourite MV cleansing oil instead.

SkinSensitive, Fair

EyesViolet

2 years ago

I had high hopes for Vintner's daughter, but it just isn't for me. This oil doesn't absorb into my skin at all, but just sits on top of it. Consequently, my face feels tight and uncomfortable. I can't say if it had any positive influence on my skin, it ought to absorb to do that. The scent is gorgeous though.... I am trying to find creative ways to use the product up, because I don't want to waste what is in it.,,,the ingredient list reads like a dream.

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairGrey

EyesBlue

2 years ago

This is a nice oil and if you can afford it, buy it. I did enjoy the facial massage tips that come with the bottle. I had to try it, but it's too expensive for me. As with most skincare I didn't expect or see any miracle results. I think once skincare reaches a certain price threshold there are better value in lasers, IPLS and even filler. Also, there are many more reasonably priced oils on the market. They may not be a powerhouse like this one but they'll do just fine at a fraction of the cost.

About reviewer (77 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlue

2 years ago

After all the rave reviews I just had to try this one: I have dehydrated, sensitive, often patchy skin that is prone to breakouts and uneven skintone. I wanted to love this, but I do not. The smell of jasmine is too strong and unpleasant for me, but I could deal with it if the product would work. However, it sits on my skin oily and shiny and does not absorb well (I tried on dry and slightly damp skin). Also, the next morning I seem to have lots of irritation and tiny red bumps on my face. It did nothing for me, if anything, made it worse

Age19-24