Vintner's Daughter Active Botanical Serum

4.1

Why did I read about this serum? Why did I buy the samples? Why do I like it so (so!) much?
No oily remains, just very soft and touchable skin.
I promised myself that I am 'allowed' to buy this serum, once I finish my two remaining moisturizers. (Which is of course very soon, when you slap your moisturizer over your whole body, just to quickly finish the jar!... :-D ...)
This is absolutely a wonderful product! Already after sampling my skin was no longer in need of a foundation. So I am very curious what will happen when I finish a whole bottle.
The older I get (now 47) the more I spend on skincare, but I buy fewer products. So in the end I save tons of money.
This certainly is a serious candidate for my 'go to' and only face product. (Think of all the space in the bathroom!)
But the price remains incredibly high!
Also I am very curious what the next product will be of the creator of this wonderful face oil (April Gargiulo).

I read about this serum with interest, but the price and lack of sample sizes at that time kept me from trying it. Finally, samples became available and I bought them. Unfortunately, I love it! At first it seemed too oily and I was afraid my very sensitive skin would break out. My face felt moist and supple in the morning, not oily. Amazingly, after a week of using the samples my skin was clearer and smoother than I can remember seeing it. There are no little bumps, no clogged pores, no dry flakes - just smooth clear skin! Of course I bought the full size, despite the trauma to my credit card, and it has been working beautifully through hot weather, change of seasons, two trips and now winter dryness in New England. I use it only at night, sticking with my usual products during the day. Early on I did contact the company to be certain I was using it correctly, A representative answered my email immediately and provided specific individual assistance to me. Awesome customer service! I definitely will buy again and again and again...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been desperate to try this for months, mostly because I have dry, sometimes dull skin and generally like using some oils, and because the hype was BIG. I finally bit the bullet, and honestly, I'm not sold. To be fair, I've only used it for a couple of nights so far (5 drops, warmed up, then pressed into my face) and certainly haven't seen the miraculous sea-change others have in the span of one sleep cycle. If anything, I feel like it's made my skin feel a little thicker, and I have a weird dry patch on my cheek. I find my skin takes much better to a vitamin C serum (which my derm told me is her choice when people ask her what's the one product they need) and a moisturizer. I'm bummed because I pretty much end up disliking all hyper-luxury skincare products, yet still get sucked in. I'll stick to my m-61, Kiehl's. and Skinceuticals.

I have gone through a few bottles of this amazing serum this year. My face literally says thank you when I put it on. Yes, it is prohibitively expensive but it keeps my seborrheic dermatitis at bay and also reduces outbreaks. This is THE product I cannot do without and when I forgot it on my travels, I got reminded of why I need it so. I came back with dreadful skin and booked a facial. By the time I got in a week later, my skin issues had resolved and the aesthetician asked me what I was using to make my skin so nice ... instead of trying to sell me her eminence products (which are quite lovely), she wrote down the name of this oil to get for herself. I really love it and so do my daughters (20 and 23) who also find it improves the texture of their skin and helps with hormonal pimples.

Read a lot of raves on this product and was excited to try it out. Decided to purchase samples from the website before I took the dive to get the full size. Did not make my face glow like what some people said it would but it could also be because I only put two drops cos I find six to eight drops as what was recommended too rich for my oily skin. I have oily, sensitive, hormonal skin which flares up nearing that time of the month or when stress kicks in. Also blemish-prone so was hoping this product will eliminate all my problems at one go. Have been using this for five days and did notice my blemishes fading away just slightly. But then again, it has only been five days and I only used it at night becos I tried it daytime once and my face was an oil field. Hence, I shouldn't keep my expectations too high and will continue to monitor and see how this product delivers. Otherwise, am happy with the scent and quick absorption.

Smells Like Heaven, But..

First of all, some props for Beautylish. Awesome customer service, fantastic return policy, and lightning fast shipping. All around excellent place to shop.

Now to the product. For reference I've got sensitive combination skin with occasional hormonal breakouts. And I'm pushing 50 harder than the school bully pushes a nerd at recess. I used only this face oil for over a month. To be fair, I did not use it in the daytime due to the formula's inclusion of bergamot peel oil. It is highly phototoxic. Granted, sunscreen can remedy this, but I have somewhat sensitive skin and didn't want to risk it. For this price, it would be nice to see a FCF (furanocoumarin-free) bergamot oil used instead.

Regarding the price, I have absolutely no issue with it. One of my favorite face oils is Odacite's C for Collette which is $149....for ONE HALF ounce. Someone here mentioned May Lindstrom's Blue Cocoon. I'm a massive fan of that as well. But, if you're going to charge a premium it's gotta blow my skirt up like Marilyn Monroe over a subway grate. I'm sorry to say this just didn't.

On the plus side, this smells heavenly. If you are a fan of white flower scents, you will roll your eyes back and curl your toes. I also appreciate that it's a product created with real passion. Unfortunately, for me the results were just lacking. The only thing I can say is that it was moisturizing.

Did I see increased radiance? Not like I do with my C for Collette serum, which is 15% vitamin C. It didn't beat out my Tata Harper Retinoic Nutrient face oil, either.

Did I see increased cell turn over, did it handle discoloration such as post acne marks? Not that I could see. Certainly not as quickly as the Yuli Cell Perfecto PM I normally use for this purpose.

Maybe it's just a good "all 'rounder"? Considering the price I'd rather use La Belle Lune (.70 fl oz, $63) Kypris's Prismatic Array (1.5 fl oz for $150). Many people who have used this have stated they've been able to drop all of their other skin treatments and just use this. Not me. Not even close.

It's not even a particularly unique formulation or texture. It's labeled as a serum, but it is a facial oil. I'd point to the May Lindstrom Blue Cocoon here. You spend $180 for a fairly simple formulation, but the texture is brilliant. Melts into the skin and you use so little that with proper care and storage you'll be working on that jar for a solid year! And that's another thing...they recommend 6 to 8 drops of this?!? Most I ever need of any oil is 3 or 4!

To be clear, I don't think its a bad product. Replace the bergamot peel oil with a FCF oil and knock about $60.00 off the price and I might consider this again. Also, adjust those claims a bit. This oil is in no way as "active"or effective as a serum or oil with 15% Vitamin C!

As our beloved Caroline Hirons says, if it works for you "Crack On!", but in my opinion there are too many other products like this which are far more effective with much faster results at a fraction of the price.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Damn you!! I put off ordering this for a year. And now I am pissed that I love it!!! It really is a unique oil/serum in that it brightens, comforts and softens your skin overnight! Yes, overnight!! I do a lot of peels, a lot of acids and retinol so I was thinking this would do nothing for me quickly... Wrong! I love it and will use this only at night and sparingly...It is the best oil I have ever tried and the list is long yet distinguished! 😬

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This blend of oils contains vitamin A which is known to be carcinogenic if exposed to UV. Therefore it should be written it is meant just for a night time, but it's nowhere to be seen on the package and clueless trend-setters & fashion magazines are recommending it for use non-stop and on a daily basis.
It also contains rosemary oil - for antibacterial purposes - but it destroys the good bacteria as well, therefore leaving the skin defenseless against bad bacteria.. Not to mention bacteria becomes resistant after constantly targeted by some antibiotic (no matter if it's of natural origin or not).
Should be used only during the night, and not more than once a week, in my opinion.
Ingredients which contain vitamin A:
1.Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf
A botanical with maximum vitamin A and C content to combat wrinkles and sun damage.
2. Daucus Carota (Carrot) Seed Oil
An oil rich in Vitamin A that is a super charged cell regenerator and wrinkle reducer

This has been getting some youtube buzz lately. And I love oils! This product is not widely available in retail. Which oddly I like it makes it feel less mass produced. Which apparently it's made in small batches and sells out a lot. The price point does suck regardless if they are using a high quality process and ingredients it's still really high. And they don't have brand recognition like lets say La mer to be at this price point IMO. Though this is formulated much much better than most things at the department store. All that aside is it worth it??? Ekkk YES-- sorry to all our bank accounts r.i.p - but yes it is.... it's thats good! It is a thick oil but not as thick as say Juno. It also blends smoother than that... The smell of this is very nature, natural and spa like. I really enjoy it and inhale deeply before I put it on my face which is not something I normally do. I think if you sunk the money in this you could replace a lot of other products you are using. It's very rich and moisturizing. For reference other oils I have used and love are Blue Cocoon (also amazing) Juno, Luna, Ufo, Flora, Sisley Black Rose, Jose Maran, Marula Oil, Tarte oil, midnight recovery, among many others. My only complaint is the packing for me did get a bit messy.

This sits at the top. Totally worth the splurge.

This is definitely a nice oil, but it is sure no miracle, and not worth the cost. I like it but not enough to buy again. I actually think it's a little irritating to my skin, and I put Blue Cocoon on after when I use it. The oils in it are nice but could probably be sold for $30. I actually don't really want it anymore, but can't waste it since it cost $180!
I would highly recommend blue cocoon to anyone with sensitive skin looking for an oil. It's also costly but lasts longer and is higher quality.