Vintner's Daughter Active Botanical Serum

3.8

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a nice oil and if you can afford it, buy it. I did enjoy the facial massage tips that come with the bottle. I had to try it, but it's too expensive for me. As with most skincare I didn't expect or see any miracle results.

I think once skincare reaches a certain price threshold there are better value in lasers, IPLS and even filler. Also, there are many more reasonably priced oils on the market. They may not be a powerhouse like this one but they'll do just fine at a fraction of the cost.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

After all the rave reviews I just had to try this one: I have dehydrated, sensitive, often patchy skin that is prone to breakouts and uneven skintone. I wanted to love this, but I do not. The smell of jasmine is too strong and unpleasant for me, but I could deal with it if the product would work. However, it sits on my skin oily and shiny and does not absorb well (I tried on dry and slightly damp skin). Also, the next morning I seem to have lots of irritation and tiny red bumps on my face. It did nothing for me, if anything, made it worse

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got a sample of this oil at Rescue Spa. My skin is not sensitive, so the mixture of oils didn't bother my skin, but the scent lingers for hours and I didn't find it pleasant. I think I've read that people with oily skin like it because it balances. This might be the case, because it isn't as moist as other oils I've used. I sometimes use just argan oil after my PM facewash and wake up with plump, moist skin. The Vintner's Daughter didn't do that. My skin is moister than if I just washed my face and put nothing on and woke up to dryish skin, but nothing special. It might work as an occlusive over a lotion or cream moisturizer, but why spend that much on an oil if you're not putting it on bare skin? So glad I got a free sample because I was really curious about this oil.

How do I love thee, let me count the ways...
I love the smell - herbal/lemony. I love the texture. It is rich, but not too rich, soaks in quickly, but leaves the skin dewy. It's not one of those oils that soaks in and you absent mindedly wonder if you applied it yet. The best thing is that it starts to give you results very quickly, put it on at bedtime and you might notice a glow by the morning time. For me, it balances my combo/sensitive skin. It refines the skin's texture, firms and gives radiance. It's also calming and soothing, when my skin is freaking out.
Most reviews of this oil mention the price. It's very high, so definitely worth getting a sample before you buy. I got several samples before committing and in the end decided it was just too good to pass up. I have so many oils and serums that are just okay gathering dust. This one is used and loved every evening.
For reference. I use this once a day, a generous 8 drops. A bottle lasts about 10 weeks.

Why did I read about this serum? Why did I buy the samples? Why do I like it so (so!) much?
No oily remains, just very soft and touchable skin.
I promised myself that I am 'allowed' to buy this serum, once I finish my two remaining moisturizers. (Which is of course very soon, when you slap your moisturizer over your whole body, just to quickly finish the jar!... :-D ...)
This is absolutely a wonderful product! Already after sampling my skin was no longer in need of a foundation. So I am very curious what will happen when I finish a whole bottle.
The older I get (now 47) the more I spend on skincare, but I buy fewer products. So in the end I save tons of money.
This certainly is a serious candidate for my 'go to' and only face product. (Think of all the space in the bathroom!)
But the price remains incredibly high!
Also I am very curious what the next product will be of the creator of this wonderful face oil (April Gargiulo).

I read about this serum with interest, but the price and lack of sample sizes at that time kept me from trying it. Finally, samples became available and I bought them. Unfortunately, I love it! At first it seemed too oily and I was afraid my very sensitive skin would break out. My face felt moist and supple in the morning, not oily. Amazingly, after a week of using the samples my skin was clearer and smoother than I can remember seeing it. There are no little bumps, no clogged pores, no dry flakes - just smooth clear skin! Of course I bought the full size, despite the trauma to my credit card, and it has been working beautifully through hot weather, change of seasons, two trips and now winter dryness in New England. I use it only at night, sticking with my usual products during the day. Early on I did contact the company to be certain I was using it correctly, A representative answered my email immediately and provided specific individual assistance to me. Awesome customer service! I definitely will buy again and again and again...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been desperate to try this for months, mostly because I have dry, sometimes dull skin and generally like using some oils, and because the hype was BIG. I finally bit the bullet, and honestly, I'm not sold. To be fair, I've only used it for a couple of nights so far (5 drops, warmed up, then pressed into my face) and certainly haven't seen the miraculous sea-change others have in the span of one sleep cycle. If anything, I feel like it's made my skin feel a little thicker, and I have a weird dry patch on my cheek. I find my skin takes much better to a vitamin C serum (which my derm told me is her choice when people ask her what's the one product they need) and a moisturizer. I'm bummed because I pretty much end up disliking all hyper-luxury skincare products, yet still get sucked in. I'll stick to my m-61, Kiehl's. and Skinceuticals.

I have gone through a few bottles of this amazing serum this year. My face literally says thank you when I put it on. Yes, it is prohibitively expensive but it keeps my seborrheic dermatitis at bay and also reduces outbreaks. This is THE product I cannot do without and when I forgot it on my travels, I got reminded of why I need it so. I came back with dreadful skin and booked a facial. By the time I got in a week later, my skin issues had resolved and the aesthetician asked me what I was using to make my skin so nice ... instead of trying to sell me her eminence products (which are quite lovely), she wrote down the name of this oil to get for herself. I really love it and so do my daughters (20 and 23) who also find it improves the texture of their skin and helps with hormonal pimples.

Smells Like Heaven, But..

First of all, some props for Beautylish. Awesome customer service, fantastic return policy, and lightning fast shipping. All around excellent place to shop.

Now to the product. For reference I've got sensitive combination skin with occasional hormonal breakouts. And I'm pushing 50 harder than the school bully pushes a nerd at recess. I used only this face oil for over a month. To be fair, I did not use it in the daytime due to the formula's inclusion of bergamot peel oil. It is highly phototoxic. Granted, sunscreen can remedy this, but I have somewhat sensitive skin and didn't want to risk it. For this price, it would be nice to see a FCF (furanocoumarin-free) bergamot oil used instead.

Regarding the price, I have absolutely no issue with it. One of my favorite face oils is Odacite's C for Collette which is $149....for ONE HALF ounce. Someone here mentioned May Lindstrom's Blue Cocoon. I'm a massive fan of that as well. But, if you're going to charge a premium it's gotta blow my skirt up like Marilyn Monroe over a subway grate. I'm sorry to say this just didn't.

On the plus side, this smells heavenly. If you are a fan of white flower scents, you will roll your eyes back and curl your toes. I also appreciate that it's a product created with real passion. Unfortunately, for me the results were just lacking. The only thing I can say is that it was moisturizing.

Did I see increased radiance? Not like I do with my C for Collette serum, which is 15% vitamin C. It didn't beat out my Tata Harper Retinoic Nutrient face oil, either.

Did I see increased cell turn over, did it handle discoloration such as post acne marks? Not that I could see. Certainly not as quickly as the Yuli Cell Perfecto PM I normally use for this purpose.

Maybe it's just a good "all 'rounder"? Considering the price I'd rather use La Belle Lune (.70 fl oz, $63) Kypris's Prismatic Array (1.5 fl oz for $150). Many people who have used this have stated they've been able to drop all of their other skin treatments and just use this. Not me. Not even close.

It's not even a particularly unique formulation or texture. It's labeled as a serum, but it is a facial oil. I'd point to the May Lindstrom Blue Cocoon here. You spend $180 for a fairly simple formulation, but the texture is brilliant. Melts into the skin and you use so little that with proper care and storage you'll be working on that jar for a solid year! And that's another thing...they recommend 6 to 8 drops of this?!? Most I ever need of any oil is 3 or 4!

To be clear, I don't think its a bad product. Replace the bergamot peel oil with a FCF oil and knock about $60.00 off the price and I might consider this again. Also, adjust those claims a bit. This oil is in no way as "active"or effective as a serum or oil with 15% Vitamin C!

As our beloved Caroline Hirons says, if it works for you "Crack On!", but in my opinion there are too many other products like this which are far more effective with much faster results at a fraction of the price.

Read a lot of raves on this product and was excited to try it out. Decided to purchase samples from the website before I took the dive to get the full size. Did not make my face glow like what some people said it would but it could also be because I only put two drops cos I find six to eight drops as what was recommended too rich for my oily skin. I have oily, sensitive, hormonal skin which flares up nearing that time of the month or when stress kicks in. Also blemish-prone so was hoping this product will eliminate all my problems at one go. Have been using this for five days and did notice my blemishes fading away just slightly. But then again, it has only been five days and I only used it at night becos I tried it daytime once and my face was an oil field. Hence, I shouldn't keep my expectations too high and will continue to monitor and see how this product delivers. Otherwise, am happy with the scent and quick absorption.