Vintner's Daughter Active Botanical Serum

4.1

I have gone through a few bottles of this amazing serum this year. My face literally says thank you when I put it on. Yes, it is prohibitively expensive but it keeps my seborrheic dermatitis at bay and also reduces outbreaks. This is THE product I cannot do without and when I forgot it on my travels, I got reminded of why I need it so. I came back with dreadful skin and booked a facial. By the time I got in a week later, my skin issues had resolved and the aesthetician asked me what I was using to make my skin so nice ... instead of trying to sell me her eminence products (which are quite lovely), she wrote down the name of this oil to get for herself. I really love it and so do my daughters (20 and 23) who also find it improves the texture of their skin and helps with hormonal pimples.

Read a lot of raves on this product and was excited to try it out. Decided to purchase samples from the website before I took the dive to get the full size. Did not make my face glow like what some people said it would but it could also be because I only put two drops cos I find six to eight drops as what was recommended too rich for my oily skin. I have oily, sensitive, hormonal skin which flares up nearing that time of the month or when stress kicks in. Also blemish-prone so was hoping this product will eliminate all my problems at one go. Have been using this for five days and did notice my blemishes fading away just slightly. But then again, it has only been five days and I only used it at night becos I tried it daytime once and my face was an oil field. Hence, I shouldn't keep my expectations too high and will continue to monitor and see how this product delivers. Otherwise, am happy with the scent and quick absorption.

Smells Like Heaven, But..

First of all, some props for Beautylish. Awesome customer service, fantastic return policy, and lightning fast shipping. All around excellent place to shop.

Now to the product. For reference I've got sensitive combination skin with occasional hormonal breakouts. And I'm pushing 50 harder than the school bully pushes a nerd at recess. I used only this face oil for over a month. To be fair, I did not use it in the daytime due to the formula's inclusion of bergamot peel oil. It is highly phototoxic. Granted, sunscreen can remedy this, but I have somewhat sensitive skin and didn't want to risk it. For this price, it would be nice to see a FCF (furanocoumarin-free) bergamot oil used instead.

Regarding the price, I have absolutely no issue with it. One of my favorite face oils is Odacite's C for Collette which is $149....for ONE HALF ounce. Someone here mentioned May Lindstrom's Blue Cocoon. I'm a massive fan of that as well. But, if you're going to charge a premium it's gotta blow my skirt up like Marilyn Monroe over a subway grate. I'm sorry to say this just didn't.

On the plus side, this smells heavenly. If you are a fan of white flower scents, you will roll your eyes back and curl your toes. I also appreciate that it's a product created with real passion. Unfortunately, for me the results were just lacking. The only thing I can say is that it was moisturizing.

Did I see increased radiance? Not like I do with my C for Collette serum, which is 15% vitamin C. It didn't beat out my Tata Harper Retinoic Nutrient face oil, either.

Did I see increased cell turn over, did it handle discoloration such as post acne marks? Not that I could see. Certainly not as quickly as the Yuli Cell Perfecto PM I normally use for this purpose.

Maybe it's just a good "all 'rounder"? Considering the price I'd rather use La Belle Lune (.70 fl oz, $63) Kypris's Prismatic Array (1.5 fl oz for $150). Many people who have used this have stated they've been able to drop all of their other skin treatments and just use this. Not me. Not even close.

It's not even a particularly unique formulation or texture. It's labeled as a serum, but it is a facial oil. I'd point to the May Lindstrom Blue Cocoon here. You spend $180 for a fairly simple formulation, but the texture is brilliant. Melts into the skin and you use so little that with proper care and storage you'll be working on that jar for a solid year! And that's another thing...they recommend 6 to 8 drops of this?!? Most I ever need of any oil is 3 or 4!

To be clear, I don't think its a bad product. Replace the bergamot peel oil with a FCF oil and knock about $60.00 off the price and I might consider this again. Also, adjust those claims a bit. This oil is in no way as "active"or effective as a serum or oil with 15% Vitamin C!

As our beloved Caroline Hirons says, if it works for you "Crack On!", but in my opinion there are too many other products like this which are far more effective with much faster results at a fraction of the price.

This has been getting some youtube buzz lately. And I love oils! This product is not widely available in retail. Which oddly I like it makes it feel less mass produced. Which apparently it's made in small batches and sells out a lot. The price point does suck regardless if they are using a high quality process and ingredients it's still really high. And they don't have brand recognition like lets say La mer to be at this price point IMO. Though this is formulated much much better than most things at the department store. All that aside is it worth it??? Ekkk YES-- sorry to all our bank accounts r.i.p - but yes it is.... it's thats good! It is a thick oil but not as thick as say Juno. It also blends smoother than that... The smell of this is very nature, natural and spa like. I really enjoy it and inhale deeply before I put it on my face which is not something I normally do. I think if you sunk the money in this you could replace a lot of other products you are using. It's very rich and moisturizing. For reference other oils I have used and love are Blue Cocoon (also amazing) Juno, Luna, Ufo, Flora, Sisley Black Rose, Jose Maran, Marula Oil, Tarte oil, midnight recovery, among many others. My only complaint is the packing for me did get a bit messy.

This sits at the top. Totally worth the splurge.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This blend of oils contains vitamin A which is known to be carcinogenic if exposed to UV. Therefore it should be written it is meant just for a night time, but it's nowhere to be seen on the package and clueless trend-setters & fashion magazines are recommending it for use non-stop and on a daily basis.
It also contains rosemary oil - for antibacterial purposes - but it destroys the good bacteria as well, therefore leaving the skin defenseless against bad bacteria.. Not to mention bacteria becomes resistant after constantly targeted by some antibiotic (no matter if it's of natural origin or not).
Should be used only during the night, and not more than once a week, in my opinion.
Ingredients which contain vitamin A:
1.Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf
A botanical with maximum vitamin A and C content to combat wrinkles and sun damage.
2. Daucus Carota (Carrot) Seed Oil
An oil rich in Vitamin A that is a super charged cell regenerator and wrinkle reducer

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Damn you!! I put off ordering this for a year. And now I am pissed that I love it!!! It really is a unique oil/serum in that it brightens, comforts and softens your skin overnight! Yes, overnight!! I do a lot of peels, a lot of acids and retinol so I was thinking this would do nothing for me quickly... Wrong! I love it and will use this only at night and sparingly...It is the best oil I have ever tried and the list is long yet distinguished! 😬

This one is hard for me. I suppose I would give it 31/2 stars and a maybe I would repurchase. I read about this on Into the Gloss which dubbed it "The face oils to end all face oils." I shelled out the $175 for it. I think I got free shipping. I should have for how much this is. It is expensive. Is it worth it? I ordered it from the site because when I bought it like a year ago it was the only place to really get it. Now there are other retailers. It was packaged lovely with a note and instruction card with gold crinkle paper. However the actual packaging of the product sucked, which contributes to a lower rating. Maybe I just got a dud, but the top part of the bottle cracked somehow or didn't close properly (cheap bottle) and oil would leak out. Since it is so expensive all of it is precious. Also the dropper is not the best, especially considering that every time you open it it exposes the oil to air and loses it potency as well as speeds up oxidation. I ended up decanting it into an old Lina Hansen bottle the has a pump. I still have that Lina bottle and will forever it is well made and that oil is half as much so a good alternative.
The oil itself is good, heavy jasmine scent. Is it great/amazing? I am not sure. It is very good, but I am still not sure if it is worth the price. At first when I started using it I didn't really notice a difference and stopped. Then I started using it again and it did seem to make my skin glow. I don't know if I would say it is amazing. I will say it does seem to last a long time. I think I might order it one more time and consistently use it to see. However I use Pai rosehip and the Lina Hanson and I think those might be comparable and certainly cheaper.

I'm actually shocked at the less than stellar reviews this has received. I tried a sample for three days and was literally amazed at what it had done for my skin. It convinced me to make the investment and order the full bottle. I consider it a double-edged sword because for my oily/combo, 43 y/o skin it works for moisture and treatment. My old (rather deep) acne scars looked better after just one use and after the third day it absolutely blew me away. I had a lot of compliments on my skin and am getting more every day. I'm a believer and I really do feel that it's worth the high price tag. As with all big ticket skincare items, I highly recommend visiting a store that offers samples online (there are several, seed to serum, Alya, etc). It's a great way to try these expensive items before purchasing them!

This is definitely a nice oil, but it is sure no miracle, and not worth the cost. I like it but not enough to buy again. I actually think it's a little irritating to my skin, and I put Blue Cocoon on after when I use it. The oils in it are nice but could probably be sold for $30. I actually don't really want it anymore, but can't waste it since it cost $180!
I would highly recommend blue cocoon to anyone with sensitive skin looking for an oil. It's also costly but lasts longer and is higher quality.

This is a nice oil, and it's high quality too. However, it is in no way worth the price, it's not magic. There are other more reasonably priced oils that work just as well. I would still buy it if money were no object though.

Popular Moisturizers