Vintner's Daughter Active Botanical Serum

3.9

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Damn you!! I put off ordering this for a year. And now I am pissed that I love it!!! It really is a unique oil/serum in that it brightens, comforts and softens your skin overnight! Yes, overnight!! I do a lot of peels, a lot of acids and retinol so I was thinking this would do nothing for me quickly... Wrong! I love it and will use this only at night and sparingly...It is the best oil I have ever tried and the list is long yet distinguished! 😬

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This blend of oils contains vitamin A which is known to be carcinogenic if exposed to UV. Therefore it should be written it is meant just for a night time, but it's nowhere to be seen on the package and clueless trend-setters & fashion magazines are recommending it for use non-stop and on a daily basis.
It also contains rosemary oil - for antibacterial purposes - but it destroys the good bacteria as well, therefore leaving the skin defenseless against bad bacteria.. Not to mention bacteria becomes resistant after constantly targeted by some antibiotic (no matter if it's of natural origin or not).
Should be used only during the night, and not more than once a week, in my opinion.
Ingredients which contain vitamin A:
1.Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf
A botanical with maximum vitamin A and C content to combat wrinkles and sun damage.
2. Daucus Carota (Carrot) Seed Oil
An oil rich in Vitamin A that is a super charged cell regenerator and wrinkle reducer

This has been getting some youtube buzz lately. And I love oils! This product is not widely available in retail. Which oddly I like it makes it feel less mass produced. Which apparently it's made in small batches and sells out a lot. The price point does suck regardless if they are using a high quality process and ingredients it's still really high. And they don't have brand recognition like lets say La mer to be at this price point IMO. Though this is formulated much much better than most things at the department store. All that aside is it worth it??? Ekkk YES-- sorry to all our bank accounts r.i.p - but yes it is.... it's thats good! It is a thick oil but not as thick as say Juno. It also blends smoother than that... The smell of this is very nature, natural and spa like. I really enjoy it and inhale deeply before I put it on my face which is not something I normally do. I think if you sunk the money in this you could replace a lot of other products you are using. It's very rich and moisturizing. For reference other oils I have used and love are Blue Cocoon (also amazing) Juno, Luna, Ufo, Flora, Sisley Black Rose, Jose Maran, Marula Oil, Tarte oil, midnight recovery, among many others. My only complaint is the packing for me did get a bit messy.

This sits at the top. Totally worth the splurge.

This is definitely a nice oil, but it is sure no miracle, and not worth the cost. I like it but not enough to buy again. I actually think it's a little irritating to my skin, and I put Blue Cocoon on after when I use it. The oils in it are nice but could probably be sold for $30. I actually don't really want it anymore, but can't waste it since it cost $180!
I would highly recommend blue cocoon to anyone with sensitive skin looking for an oil. It's also costly but lasts longer and is higher quality.

This is a nice oil, and it's high quality too. However, it is in no way worth the price, it's not magic. There are other more reasonably priced oils that work just as well. I would still buy it if money were no object though.

I'm actually shocked at the less than stellar reviews this has received. I tried a sample for three days and was literally amazed at what it had done for my skin. It convinced me to make the investment and order the full bottle. I consider it a double-edged sword because for my oily/combo, 43 y/o skin it works for moisture and treatment. My old (rather deep) acne scars looked better after just one use and after the third day it absolutely blew me away. I had a lot of compliments on my skin and am getting more every day. I'm a believer and I really do feel that it's worth the high price tag. As with all big ticket skincare items, I highly recommend visiting a store that offers samples online (there are several, seed to serum, Alya, etc). It's a great way to try these expensive items before purchasing them!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought a $25 sample. Don't see the hype. My husband even asked what smelled bad in our bedroom. First use nice rose smell. Now smells like rancid oil to me. Yes I think my forehead lines are less fine lines eyes not really seeing change. Will finish sample of two small vials. Then I am going to experiment with plain grape seed oil and compare results. Will not purchase full size. Too $$$$ for me.

I purchased a sample to try and I'm glad I did. This company should be embarrassed to charge a kings ransom as the ingredients are not special enough to warrant the hefty price-tag. Don't get me wrong, it does work...but not any better than most facial oils on the market. The scent is earthy but I'm not judging the scent as it can be a matter of preference.

If there were an option for an astronomical price, I would indicate that in this review. At $185, this serum should be the absolute best in skincare. This serum does perform well, leaving my skin feeling absolutely amazing, and stimulates the senses with its intoxicating scent. Unfortunately, I do not find that this serum performs sufficiently well to warrant the price. It is still very good, but the price does not correspond to the value of the product. A still pricey yet much better investment would be Root Science's Triple R Serum, which has to be the most life-changing facial oil I have ever applied. It will literally transform your skin overnight.