Too Faced Natural Matte Neutral Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by skin type : Dry age: 19-24
Too Faced Natural Matte Neutral Eyeshadow Palette
Natural Matte Neutral Eyeshadow PaletteNatural Matte Neutral Eyeshadow PaletteNatural Matte Neutral Eyeshadow Palette

4.5

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this palette so much. This is my second high-end neutrals palette (the other being UD naked 3) and the shades are amazingly wearable and versatile. I don't ever feel the need to reach for another palette when using this unless it's to pull 1 shimmer shade for the lid. So many different looks can be created from this palette and the layout makes so much sense for quick everyday/work looks. Because it's all matte and quite silky, I find it works really well for my hooded lids.

The texture is also super amazing but different from other shadows I've tried. Compared to the Tarte pro formula and the Anastasia MR palette, these are much less "creamy" and less pigmented - which is totally fine with 7am me. They have the silkiest formula I've ever felt though and it makes blending unbelievably easy - you could do it with a finger in a pinch. Compared to those more pigmented shadows, they also don't kick up quite so much powder and you don't have to be quite so careful about dipping in ever so gently and then blowing/tapping dust off. If you have a darker skin tone, you may want to test this out in-store to make sure the colours will show up and suit your skin tone, but on my skin (NC20) they work really well.

The palette also comes with a handy guide that shows 3 different looks if you need more inspiration.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I saw an early review of this on Youtube (about a month before its release) so when Sephora sent out the 15% off for VIBs I visited a store and this was the only palette that I noticed and wanted to have. I've been recently been getting into more matte eyeshadows for a less dramatic eye look on a daily basis. I own both of the Urban Decay Basics palettes, but I'm liking this one better than the other two.

Being in Canada and a student I do think the price is rather high ($46 plus 13% tax), but if you are a make-up/eye shadow lover and you want a good matte palette this is great. The colours are very nice and the consistency is nice and more buttery than the Urban Decay shadows, which I can find be a bit chalky sometimes. I don't own any other Too Faced palettes, but from what I've seen it is pretty similar to one of their previous palettes.

The packaging is gorgeous, a really nice box with a nice texture and the tin packaging for the palette itself is really pretty too. The lace design is really beautiful and opening or closing the palette is easy. My only issue with the packaging is the inside of it. You know that cheap plastic that holds the shadows in some of the BH Cosmetics palettes? It's essentially the same thing but the plastic isn't as flimsy. I was kind of disappointed upon noticing that because if someone is going to pay close to $50 for eyeshadows there should be higher quality packaging.