Too Faced Natural Matte

Too Faced Natural Matte
Natural Matte

4.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this palette so much. This is my second high-end neutrals palette (the other being UD naked 3) and the shades are amazingly wearable and versatile. I don't ever feel the need to reach for another palette when using this unless it's to pull 1 shimmer shade for the lid. So many different looks can be created from this palette and the layout makes so much sense for quick everyday/work looks. Because it's all matte and quite silky, I find it works really well for my hooded lids.

The texture is also super amazing but different from other shadows I've tried. Compared to the Tarte pro formula and the Anastasia MR palette, these are much less "creamy" and less pigmented - which is totally fine with 7am me. They have the silkiest formula I've ever felt though and it makes blending unbelievably easy - you could do it with a finger in a pinch. Compared to those more pigmented shadows, they also don't kick up quite so much powder and you don't have to be quite so careful about dipping in ever so gently and then blowing/tapping dust off. If you have a darker skin tone, you may want to test this out in-store to make sure the colours will show up and suit your skin tone, but on my skin (NC20) they work really well.

The palette also comes with a handy guide that shows 3 different looks if you need more inspiration.

on 3/18/2017 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is my first high-end eyeshadow palette. These shadows are soft-ish but feel slightly grainy to me. Not creamy either. they're blendable and offer a good selection for natural, everyday looks. These definitely need a primer or else they don't show up on my NC35 skin. I actually thought that once I got this I'd use it more than my drugstore shadows, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Overall, I'm not as impressed or satisfied as I thought I would be.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

The original Too Faced Natural Eyes palette is my #1 HG eyeshadow palette. To be honest, I think the shades in this one (despite some of them having the same name), are not the same formula/quality. If you look at the sexpresso in the natural matte palette, it's definitely lighter than the sexpresso in the original natural eyes palette. I'm not a fan of the inconsistency (the same shade names should be the same), but overall this is a nice versatile palette, and you can throw in your own shimmers and satin shadows.

on 12/25/2016 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My boyfriend gave me this one as a present and it's my new holy grail product. Extremely long lasting, even when it's raining or snowing, super creamy, easy to blend, not fading. They could be a little bit more pigmented, but they are the best for day wear. 90%

on 12/25/2016 10:18:00 AM

This is one of my absolute FAVORITE palettes. I love how creamy the mattes are and the colors are amazing! My favorite is cookie butter-seriously the best crease shade ever! If Too Faced sold that color as a single I would buy it in a heartbeat! This palette was worth every penny!

on 8/21/2016 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Although I originally had wanted the TF Natural Eyes Palette, I'm glad I settled for this one! Normally I can't do a look that doesn't involve shimmer or metallic. I just cannot. Ever since I got this palette, mattes have tremendously started growing on me. This is perfect for interview makeup or even work. All the shades are so blendable and beautiful..as expected from TF. Strapless & Chocolate Cookie is my favorite go-to. In other palettes, I find those taupe/brown/purple shades to be chalky and skips. I'll admit I do sometimes cheat and reach for shimmers in other palettes but I'm perfectly content using this on its own. The only complaint I have is that I don't care for the lighter shades since it's the same shade as my skin so it doesn't show up. Other than that, perfect everyday palette.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is definitely my FAVOURITE Too Faced palette out there - The Chocolate Bar Palette being verrrry close behind
This little palette is amazing for day AND night looks.
Every day I use this palette. I set my eyes with the Heaven shade and then I blend Cashmere Bunny into the crease. So simple but makes my eyes pop and adds a little something to my every day make up routine :)
The colours are so pigmented and go on like a dream. So easy to blend and such a versatile palette for every day/night use. Well worth the $54AUD price tag, which is pretty cheap for a high-end palette here in Australia.
Love this product, the packaging, everything!

on 4/10/2016 11:53:00 AM

This palette is so freaking beautiful and versatile. It is sort of like a spin-off palette inspired by the Natural Eyes palette. The difference is that the Natural Matte one is just completely matte. Even if it is matte, it is far from boring. For $36, you get 9 eyeshadow shades. There is a little guide booklet and mirror, and the names of the shades are printed instead of just on a plastic sheet. Too Faced has revamped their packaging, so it is no longer cardboard packaging with a magnetic closure, but it is now a sturdy tin/metal that actually shuts, so it is great for traveling and on-the-go days. My favorite shades would be Strapless and Chocolate Cookie. They are so beautiful on the crease! As for the quality of the eyeshadows, Too Faced really knows what they are doing when it comes to mattes. These are buttery and soft and are very easy to blend. I use a light hand with these shadows and the pigmentation is great! I recommend trying to build color instead of piling it on. It is a bit pricey, but there isn't anything quite like it on the market. This one doesn't smell like anything, so if you're looking for one of their scented palettes, then check out the Chocolate Bars, the Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette, or the Peach Palette.

Overall, I just think this palette is absolutely wonderful. All make-up lovers should have that one matte palette. If you're looking for one, this one is a winner!

on 1/23/2016 12:47:00 PM

This matte palette has a variety of earthy tones. It is versatile and gives you the opportunity to mix and match to create many different looks. The packaging is adorable! I love that it is magnetic. The colors give a beautiful creamy matte finish. I never have been able to find a matte eyeshadow that was this pigmented. The only con is that it's dusty but I don't mind and I'm not anal about that sort of thing. I recommend and the price is not too bad.

on 1/13/2016 12:14:00 AM

This is an entirely matte neutral shades eyeshadow palette. Shades are easy to blend. I love the color schemes in this palette and how easy it is to travel with.